First look at Selina's wedding dress by Joelle Jones

First look at Selina's wedding dress by Joelle Jones

Clark better fucking be Batsy's best man.

Here it is colored

And the much less interesting Bruce Wayne wedding suit (though it is notable how old fashioned it is)

I can't wait for Joker to skin Selina and wears her skin down the isle

>wearing black
>at a high society wedding

It's like she wants everyone to call her a slut.

These are covers to Batman #44, btw

I wonder if it's a practical design that can be recreated in real life.

Speaking of /cofa/ctors, imagine this but in real life.

>I wonder if it's a practical design that can be recreated in real life.
Sure. It's not really that outlandish, it just has a shit ton of black lace.

I wanna see the front

please just stop

>And the much less interesting Bruce Wayne wedding suit
I mean, isn't that pretty much always the case? Is there ever any kind of "interesting" groom outfit? One that's not just because it's a different culture's marriage dress.

I want this marriage to work, I really do. Abandoning ship now just seems like cheap drama. Clark is happily married, lets give this a go. What we really need is someone other than King on the book. Pic related was alright though. Also has anyone in the Batfamily interacted with Selina since the proposal?

>not wearing a white dress

I mean, at least she's not trying to fool anybody, but still...

I wasn't trying to pass judgement, just noting that people are, for reasons you listed, more interested in what Selina's wedding dress will look like than Bruce's suit.

DID BRUCE HAVE A BACHELORS PARTY? IS THAT ON A COMIC BOOK? IF SO WHICH ONE? IS SUPERMAN THE BEST MAN? I NEED TO KNOW

>Clark better fucking be Batsy's best man.
I've got some bad news, user:
It's Ivies all the way down.

Nice.

How they go from this to that lifeless Janin poser-shite is beyond me.

I mean she might as well. It's not as though the meaning of a white wedding dress hasn't been lost in modern culture. Also is Joelle Jones doing anymore books currently? Her art here looks bretty gud, and I'm not caught up on Batman.

Hasn't happened yet. Although they did have a double date with the Kents at a costumed themed carnival that was kind of cute. Everyone just swapped clothes

I really, really want this to work just because I like Lois and Selina as friends

That and divorce drama sucks

Well that's fucking gorgeous. What are the chances this all works out?

The idea that a white wedding dress denotes purity or virginity is a myth. Historically women didn't even start wearing white wedding dresses until very recently because Queen Victoria wore one.

Well considering DC has made Superfamily the new status quo, Catwoman already being an on again off again popular Batfamily member for years, and since Bruce didn't fuck Wonder Woman after 20 years in a parallel time stopped dimension, it looks like they're in it for long term
Well Selina isn't exactly pure anyway...

100% considering King has said he really wants to write married Batman and he's on until at least issue #100.

>Well Selina isn't exactly pure anyway...
Without getting into the rabbit hole that is the definition of "purity," I'm saying that as true as that may be, the wedding dress has nothing to do with it. Artists just love putting her in black.

The color white signifies it. The dress itself is another story. I have no clue about that though.

It's too flowery and gaudy, honestly.

>The color white signifies it.
That's still arbitrary and has been decided post hoc when it comes to brides. People saw that brides wore white and, without looking up any history on the matter, decided to come up with some reasoning why. In fact for the longest time blue denoted purity because of its association with the Virgin Mary.

that lace is godawful.

Barbara did in an arc of Batgirl and Dick and Damien have.
The only one who didn't really like her was Damien.

>I want this marriage to work
I too want this to work, just on principle.

I hate to go company wars here, but what happened with Spider-man and Mary Jane make me really, REALLY want this marriage to work.

The cat ears look tacky.

Damn gorgeous. Joelle Jones is good.

One in three says it's Dick.

>It's too flowery and gaudy
How old are you that you've literally never attended a wedding, faggot?

>yfw Batman is Bruce Wayne's Stand.

Dick, Clark, who's the third one?

*shrug* unless Gordon wants to come out and admit he knows who Bats is, I'm not sure. There's an off chance it'll be Alfred, but I think he's more likely to give the bride away. Which he may of may not be happy about doing, but we'll see.

I think the dress looks great, but considering that he posted the Cooke art based on Audrey Hepburn, I assume he'd prefer something similar to what she wore to her wedding.

It's because dirt or stains show up on white, dingus. Arabs make a big show of dressing in white because it's understood that anyone doing any sort of manual labor would get dirty or it's come to symbolize wealth and status; just like in the states where you have "white collar" vs "blue collar."

And white = pure is pretty much universal in any climate that produces SNOW for blindingly obvious reasons. Hence the use of white in china as well as throughout europe.

Does Slam exist post-FP? Is Wildcat still Selina's mentor? One of them could give Selina away.

>that first panel shot of Batman and Catwoman's elevator
Did they just climb up an empty elevator shaft?

They came in through the roof and climbed down.

>It's because dirt or stains show up on white
This is true, but is still an after the fact explanation why women where white on their wedding gowns. Before around the 1920s, most women didn't even buy a wedding gown; they just wore their "Sunday best" which could have been any number of colors (except green which was considered unlucky for reasons.) I'm not disputing that white can symbolize literal purity because of its inherent properties, I'm saying that it has not symbolized virginal purity until long after women started wearing white wedding dresses. Plus going back to the original post about this being a high class event, rich people love nothing more than throwing against social norms in order to have everyone talk about their party.

>I want this marriage to work, I really do.
agreed, for one thing if Batman being married in the main continuity can stick then odds are good we'll start seeing more marriages in general in comics that aren't immediately ruined for cheap drama

>Azrael, maybe Lucius, is the ordained minister
>Damian is the ring bearer
>Clark is best man
>Dick, Jason, and Tim are groomsmen
>Alfred gives Selina away
>Babs cant stop crying
>Bizarro keeps messing with his bow-tie, and tries to eat the cake
>Artemis catches the bouquet
That's all I got. Couldn't think of how more league members would contribute, other than Batman's disastrous bachelor party

Beyond future changes. Damian is off being Batman little sister Martha runs Wayne Enterprises after their father retired. And other little sister Maggie runs a thief syndicate off in Europe.

>In fact for the longest time blue denoted purity because of its association with the Virgin Mary.
I'll just leave this here:

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. --Isaiah 1:18

Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. --Psalm 51:7

And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.--Revelation 7:14

His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: --Matthew 28:3

I wonder how Marvel's "Kitty and Piotr" wedding will go. I think it's a month before this one

>I wonder how Marvel's "Kitty and Piotr" wedding will go.
About as well as their Kitty and Starlord wedding, I expect.

Who drinks way too much and has to be asked to leave after causing a scene?

Let's see if Clark and Lois can survive BENIS

As I said here: , I'm not doubting that white denoted purity in a general sense, I'm specifically referring to people saying it represents the virginity of the bride.

Illyana better crash it like Raven crashed Dick and Starfire's wedding

>because of its association with the Virgin Mary.

Actually in most art she's associated with the color blue.

What’s beyond me is how reddit viciously defends its.

That's literally what I said
>for the longest time blue denoted purity because of its association with the Virgin Mary.

Sorry. I only skimmed your post.

Cat ears. Come the fuck on, this is a wedding, not a custom party!

:^)

And here we have an actual artist compared to a poser artist.
Notice how shit the second one is compared to the first one.

Guy

Batman is double shipping and Jones' is kinda slow so it's the only book she's doing.

>dude bat themed wedding lmao

The entire Batfamily was a giant fucking mistake and should have logically stopped after Jason Todd died. All of the best Batman stories are just Bruce/Alfred and it should have stuck that way.

Bruce/Alfred masterrace, anything else is pleb trash-tier.

It's nice. But please no cat ears Selina. That's just super tacky.

Best Batman era is post-No Man's Land with the largest Batfamily.

why are posting a screenshot from the telltale game?

Slam Bradley used to fuck Selina in the ass. He isn't exactly a father figure and I doubt Bruce would like to see his wife being given to him by an old fuck buddy of hers.

>Best Batman era is post-No Man's Land
The early 2000s were a trash time for Batman comics. NML was great, but Batman didn't get good again until Morrison unless you count side things like Gotham Central

Their relationship didn't work but they were still on friendly terms after they broke up.

I can accept it because it's public knowledge that she's Catwoman

I won't accept stuff like Clark Kent being the best man at Bruce Wayne's wedding

If they want to do a special private costume party wedding then fine but let's at least pretend that Bruce Wayne has a secret identity even though 90% of his villains know it thanks according to Snyder

Why would they EVER have a public wedding? It's hard enough getting Bruce to do a ceremony, since he'd rather sign a certificate and be done with it. This day is for Selina, and the Batfamily/League want to congratulate them both. So expect another Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding.

It was implied that Selina didn't even really want a big ceremony in the Date Night issue where Lois asked her about it.

What's the plan for Bruce Wayne, then? Is he just going to keep the wedding a total secret from the public?

Selina uses an alias and they just say he married some heiress.

>Selina uses an alias
Selina Kyle is a semi-public figure. I don't think that would be possible

Just the usual tabloid garbage
>"Bruce Wayne's spontaneous marriage!?!?! Sources say the two were wed in a private ceremony during one of Wayne's drunken parties. Will they last?
Or something of the like. They'll play it up for the media

She could wear a wig idk, it's not the first time she's lied to the public about her identity.

is that PowerGirl with a boob window wedding outfit?

thats commitment

Jason.

Cassandra gets to either be flower girl or maid of honor, depending on if Holly Robinson is around. I have no idea what passes for Catwoman's supporting cast nowadays.

Maybe she will get demons to do all the catering.

It looks like the artist came on this.

I love that each plate is set with
>knife
>knife
>also knife
>another knife

I know who I'd want jumping out of my cake.

Selina literally wears fetish gear as her supertheif costume, she fucks in it frequently. Why wouldn't she have cat ears on her wedding outfit?

I'm more interested in what she's going to wear in the honeymoon suite. Think we'll get a glimpse?

Shows she has no class. I expect no less of one from the streets.

He couldn't be bothered to draw the tattoo?

Why waste time when a simple copy/paste would do?

>I won't accept stuff like Clark Kent being the best man at Bruce Wayne's wedding
Right, fuck off.

>yfw Dick proposes to Starfire during the reception.
>yfw another cute wedding comic

Alfred has to be his best man. Anything else is bullshit. Clark, Dick, Tim, Damian and maybe Gordon (idk the batman relationship situation now).

those guys as groomsmen I mean.

That interaction was cute, are the BFFs having some friend problems?

You realize all of this is a joke, right? It's pure fucking nostalgia bait. It's meant to make you feel gooey and fuzzy inside, and they're willing to throw logic out the window to get you to feel that way. They don't care about logic.

>implying Dick would make such a douchebag move
Maybe Damian, and Jason if he thought it'd be funny, but not Dick.

Alfred doesn't seem like a "Best Man" if anything Alfred will walk Selina down the aisle.

I would say that Dick will be the best man but considering we had that whole thing with Clark and Bruce wondering if they are friends it makes sense that Clark would be best man. Hell, that could be a scene in the issue with Bruce asking Clark to be his best man and Clark saying why then Bruce tells him that he's his best friend. Besides, I want to see an awkward Clark best man speech.

Have Dick and Starfire interacted at all since the Titans vs Teen Titans crossover? I am months behind Titans and Nightwing.