The shape of Water is a Hellboy Prequel

The shape of Water is a Hellboy Prequel

Change my mind

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1CqCAc2fE
youtube.com/watch?v=tkzY_VwNIek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Makes no sense as a Prequel, where did fish girl go then?

It's just very """inspired""" by Abe.

Hellboy 3 : Abe gets laid

Maybe Abe is the spawn of the two?

>Looks like dad
>Is more articulate like mom
>Has a skin lighter than dad, but bluer than mom

I like it, an Elseworlds Abe origin story.

Not since James Cameron's Avatar have I rooted for the bad guy this much.

He was great.

we get it you're edgy, you can fuck off now.

What was abe's origin anyway?

t. fish-fucker

Faggot.

old-timey adventurer man got turned into a fish-man by an Old God

Go read comics, these are actualy good, unlike Marve/DC

>Siding with a woman who commits bestiality and a communist over a loyal American.

Dude who joined a weird mystical cult. It was a terrible idea.

Don't join cults, kids.

it's xenophilia, not bestiality

>not respecting the superior male

Fish dude snapped his neck without breaking a sweat. You’re rooting for the cuck who lost.

Shannon did a great job as the villain. Some of his lines were eye-rolling, but he delivered them so well that I didn't.

The amphibian looks like Abe but that is because you don't have that much space for creative movement if you want to design a reasonably attractive, humanoid fish man.

>implying Hoffstetlers eventual communism influenced his actions in any way

Wasn't the concept that the movie would be about Abe before the idea was scrapped?

That being said: Skukduggery Pleasantnmocie by Del Toro when?

*movie

>either Elisa didn’t really become a fish girl or she dumped his ass

Abe is not a cuck!

>dying of gangrene
>go out killing three dirty commies, terrorizing some thieves sans weapons, and going Mano-a-Mano with a Fish God

Not a bad last stand for a villain

I bet you like teal as well, faggot.

Skukduggery Pleasant was shit.

She was a fish person all along.

The scars were from gills that were permanently closed. That's why she was found by a river.

You couldnt telegraph a villian more clearly that this guy, ominous music sounds when he appears, in the same scene he shows to be racist, sexits and doesn´t wash his hand after using the bathroom. it was hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh1CqCAc2fE

He is supuose to be the creature of the black lagoon he even has the same back story of being found in south america.

that's now what I took away from it, found it to be about an ugly, mute woman that is so horny that she is a compulsive masturbater and she ends up taking advantage sexually some sort of fish man that doesn't even understand human sexuality. This is some how presented as a blow against the white, male patriarchy.

underrated

He was worshipped as a god in his native land. You don't think he got some Amazonian puss? Plus it was heavily implied the mute girl was half fishperson herself.

Eh. It fit the children's fairytale tone of the film.

Are you guys aware Sup Forums has their own knockoff. His name is Zed O'Brien, and he's a blood bender

Those grey things on his neck help is gills breathe. There was an episode where got drunk and some girl mistook his breathing collar for the world's best head phones and stole them.

>and she ends up taking advantage sexually some sort of fish man that doesn't even understand human sexuality.
Thank god someone else saw it that way, it really felt like she was molesting him for more than half of the film, specially because he could barely communicate with her.

No, The Shape of Water is derived from Guillermo del Toro's pitch for a Creature from the Black Lagoon remake because ever since he was a little boy, he wanted to see Gillman actually fuck the girl

He is more like a shrimp man.

Nightow is such a westaboo

OCEAN MAN!

TAKE ME BY THE HAND

LEAD ME TO THE LAND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

t. H.P Lovecraft

It's never supposed to be a mystery who the villain is. You already know from the getgo. The movie represents itself through visual and performance more than anything, so it was never going to be subtle.

Just because he was telegraphed doesn't mean he wasn't effective, unless it was a plot twist for him to be bad, which it wasn't.

>tfw mobileposting so can't storytime Abe's background
FeelsBadman

You should do you own thread later. I've been curious about that

>It's just very """inspired""" by Abe.

...I don't know where to begin with you

can't be, the whole deal with those movies was that Hellboy's balls were blue

ain't nobody getting laid in that universe

Wouldn't that make Abe black? Because that fish thing could be his Dad and according to what I know of Hellboy I don't think Abe had a dad in his childhood, and black men have been known to leave their kids at birth.

Abe was a british(?) man who was turned into a manfish after touching the mystic undersea orb of magical bullshit.

Or he's a reincarnated ubërmensh wizard shaman who turned into a fish because ???.

Haven't read in a while so I forgot which it is.

OCEAN MAN!

THE VOYAGE TO THE CORNER OF THE GLOBE

IS A REAL TRIP.

Ok, here's Abe's real origin.

His real name is Langdon Evert Caul, a 19th century Victorian occult adventurer. One day his club found a weird egg under the sea and eventually Caul merged with it transforming into Abe Sapien over time.

But wait there's also his secret origin, the egg hosted the spirit of a tortured prehistoric Shaman that was betrayed by his best friend after being capture by Cold Vampires that pray to the Ogdru Jahad. So Abe is really the combination of 2 beings.

>Change my mind
change your fucking underwear, clean your room and go find work

I have never seen a more appropriate clip

youtube.com/watch?v=tkzY_VwNIek

>he wanted to see Gillman actually fuck the girl
It's nice to see a director with such fine taste

How would he get a British accent or even speak if Neither of them can speak because gills.

It's not even sure she survived, it's just a theory by Giles

That kinda why I didn't like the movie. I was ready for fish romance and got mostly exaggerated asshole man.

Oddly the weirdest thing I was rooting for was Black Lady's husband to get up and smack a bitch but can't even have that, because she has to to be right about him being useless.

The same way a fish beast has super healing powers and can successfully fuck a human.

Fishman wasn't monstrous enough for me

If a Westaboo reads Western comics, chances are they love Hellboy

I mean, you're not wrong.

now we need del toro to make movie where a human guy fucks and falls for a female monster

checked.

I didn't actually see this movie, but my understanding was that the plot twist is
she's also a fish, that she was found in the water, has gills, shows other signs

How dare you-

Colonel Quartich was a saint and loved humanity. This fucker was a literal rotting sociopath.

the number of people in this thread that missed that shes a fish blows my mind

del toro is a liberal probably thinks it's misogynistic

This.

Its a nifty thought, it might've even started that way before being tweaked, but the final result just doesn't line up.

Yeah, she was shown early on with scars on her neck, kinda looked like a claw attack. Turned out they were sealed-up gills.

My guess? There are a bunch more of these fish-men down in the Amazon, and the lady is the result of a cross-breeding. Helps explain why she was drawn to "abe", its not really bestiality when you are a half-mix of that species yourself.

why? fishdude was barely above cosplay tier if that's any indicator for what we'd get

died being slowly poisoned to death by taking fish loads

So did there actually show fish sex in the movie?

I too want to see a Drakengard movie user

I don't think a general audience is ready for all that fucked up stuff in one sitting, but it'd be one hell of a ride

Get away from my monster girls.

and slither into my car

Not quite the actual coitus, just above the waste. Plus female frontal nudity leading up to it.

I am disapointed by the lack of fish dick.

I don't want your shitty anime girls in cosplay. I'm talking monsters that are female you pleb.

While we're here, what did Sup Forums think of The Shape of Water?

>Japanese "monster" girls.

You mean humans that are essentially doing a very bad cosplay of a monster?

bestialityfags please go

The trick is to find an elegant blend of monster and human, not just a human upper half and a monster lower half.

Something like Sup Forums's take on Winnie the Werewolf from Scooby Doo comes to mind.

>he says this when half the time monstergirls have animal vagoos and bestial intelligence
>but hey, human face makes it fine!

>Grinding Nemo

Abe was discovered 100 years prior to the Shape of Water's setting

I enjoyed it. Though I enjoyed cheesy flicks like these.

>Falling for Giles' happy ending

She ded, son.

Winnie is god tier, especially how she’s portrayed in Winnie Quest.

user you sound like just such a colossal faggot, its impressive.

Del Taco movies can usually be interpreted either way

but he thinks they have happy endings

I haven't seen it but it's an Abe orgin story in my head.

A more updated iteration making him about the same age as Hellboy if just a bit younger.

Could be.

Michael Shannon is such a delight.

>Something like Sup Forums's take on Winnie the Werewolf from Scooby Doo comes to mind.
So a furry?

>That time the hot blooded guy tried to mess with him by taking him to a fish reataurant
>He just said "nigga, fishes eat other fishes"

This show was good, a lot of cool references too

I liked it better than I thought I would have. Del Toro's charm and careful artistry just seeps through it. I don't think I can actively dislike one of his movies.
But, it was a little too on the nose with the outsider vs insider thing. Like, while I definitely enjoyed having a mute protagonist, it is a little eye rolling that she literally has no voice in society. Blunt and unsubtle.

Still enjoyable though. It's chock full of patented del Toro's weirdness. Like, there's a scene where the protag mimes how the fishman's penis comes out to the giggles of a coworker.
That won Best Picture. Let that settle in a bit

mushroom fog?

but that would mean Shape of Water was set the in 1840s?

How did I never notice this

damn, the opening of pacific rim was so good. i wish we'd gotten a del toro directed prequel set in the glory days and not whatever this generic garbage that uprising is looking to be