Shouldn't Abu's face have melted off as soon as he entered the cave? Are +1s are allowed...

Shouldn't Abu's face have melted off as soon as he entered the cave? Are +1s are allowed? If so why didn't Jafar just follow them in?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are +1s are allowed? If so why didn't Jafar just follow them in?

Because it's +1, not +2 you fucking idiot.

apu is unaligned, but the dm needed the trap triggered

It only counted humans.
Iago could have gone in, but they didn't know that.

>Iago could have gone in, but wouldn't have
fixed. Not that Jafar was gonna risk his only reliable hench anyway.

>Shouldn't Abu's face have melted off as soon as he entered the cave?
No?
Have you watched the movie?

Anyone can enter. if they found the scarab The test is whether or not you take the treasures. Yo are only allowed to touch the Lamp, it's a test of virtue.

I guess the people who put the lamp in there didn't want a too big of an asshole to make a wish.

gotta trigger those traps

>taking treasure from ruins is a bad thing

Taking wealth that was previously laying around doing nothing and putting it into the economy is a good thing. It's not greedy, tons of people will benefit from some dude finding a bunch of money and pumping it into the economy. Imagine all of the small business owners in the bazaar that would benefit if some dude came out of nowhere and bought a shitload of their stuff.

what if you stepped barefoot on a coin in there or something fell on you? what if you shook something loose without touching it into a bag?

What if you just wanted to take the treasure to donate it to charity?

>a test of virtue
would a virtuous person lie and steal?

is Iago really that reliable? I mean, sure, compared to most henchmen a talking bird is outright competent

is rug part of the "anything other than the lamp"?

The treasure's probably not real for the most part since they melt. The whole thing was a shit test.

*carpet

>can magma melt gold beams

>Have you watched the movie?
Have you? The lion says "Only one may enter here, one who's worth lies far within. A diamond in the rough." Then Gazeem tries to go in but he's not that so it eats him.

this post makes me want to rob a bank frequented by trustfund babbies and wall street coke snorters
wish me luck

>asks us if we've watched the movie
>proceeds to be blatantly wrong
Watch the beginning again. The part with Gazeem. He never got the opportunity to fail the test because he was killed instantly upon taking one step inside. Specifically because Aladdin wasn't there.

>I guess the people who put the lamp in there didn't want a too big of an asshole to make a wish.
who put the lamp in there anyway? I could understand it being buried in some anonymous desert sand dune, but the whole traps and magic shit begs the question WHY and HOW

"Genie, for my final wish, I want you to be imprisoned at the bottom of the desert in a cave full of wonders, so that any who come to seek you will instead be destroyed by the treasures they lust after."

That treasure would help no one, pumping that much gold into the economy would just make everything else cost more gold, fucking over retirees with fixed incomes who get screwed over by magic treasure based inflation.

okay that's a fair point. the last lamp owner didnt want someone to use the lamp to usurp their new power

>retirees with fixed incomes
In a pre-industrial society in the middle of the arabian desert?

Good, fuck old people.

>pumping that much gold into the economy

You don't know how much it is. Inflation is not going to occur unless the government starts printing more money or the treasure is worth more than everyone in the country combined.

>he doesnt know that Spain tanked their economy after stealing the gold and silver from the Incan empire and finding a literal mountain of silver that is still being mined to this day

>who put the lamp in there anyway?
Sinbad the Sailor.

>implying there was that much treasure in the cave

It's a massive amount of gold, massive chambers full. Inflation doesn't just occur with fiat currency even gold has subjective value. The spainish crown actually bankrupted the,selves after bringing in so much gold from the americas that they caused inflation.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_revolution

legend has it that the Spaniards who held the great Inca hostage for gold and silver had a 7 foot by 9 foot by 8 foot room filled with gold and treasure three times before they were satisfied.
That isnt more gold and silver than was on display in that cave. but as says, its probably not real

Okay then fag why don't you tell me how much gold in USD was in the cave?

There must have been hundreds of tons of gold in that cave. More than enough to disrupt the economy

That shit in the background isn't gold, it's just macaroni and cheese.

the most delicious of treasures

YOU FOOL THAT MAKES IT *EVEN MORE TEMPTING*

That's one used in the plural / general sense

/cock/ thread is a go
what is you're favorite mac n' cheese recipe, or favorite brand of mac n' cheese if you dont make it by hand?

I like this

The Baklava was a distraction all along from the real delicacy

SON OF A BITCH WAS HOLDING OUT ON US

>Vegan
Get that disgusting filth out of here.

Wait, for real?

DM's always forget aboutt the animal compantions if they can't do combat

...After pondering this for years, I'm assuming that the other treasures apart from Carpet and the lamp were fake/part of a morality test. It was all a ruse to test the "Diamond in the Rough's" worth to see if they would keep their eye on the infinite power item and not be side tracked by petty wealth that doesn't compare to being able to wish (three times) for anything with few limitations.

But forget about Abu; to this day I'm still trying to figure out Carpet... but all I can assume is that since it was a sentient being and not just *a* magical item, the rules don't quite apply. It could have ignored Aladdin or done as it pleased to help him and he wouldn't have been in violation of the "touch nothing but the lamp" rule.

maybe it's exempt because it's sentient

>>Have you watched the movie?
>Have you? The lion
>The lion

>The Cave of Wonders was constructed by powerful eldritch economists

This answers so many question.

Aladdin found a loophole that humans get the test of virtue. If Jafar had known about the loophole then he'd have been fine sending Iago in.

>He'd have been fine sending Iago in

Then Jafar would be even dumber than he looks and would probably find himself in a giant cage eating crackers for the rest of his life, thanking his lucky stars that Sultan Iago spared his wretched existence.