twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/971777749298896897

Other urls found in this thread:

beachcitybugle.com/2017/12/new-voice-actors-and-songs-for-steven.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit

>White Diamond only had 1 planet

Ok lets Go, just less townie eps please

Yeah but when does it end for good?

Looks like White Diamond is actually... Maggie Simpson?

>the crystal gems were the villains all along
What would the audience's reaction be?

Possibly. Looks like she actually is fuckhuge compared to Yellow and Blue, though.

That's all this fucking show is now

But will anything actually happen

Please for the love of god stop it with the townie episodes

But make another Pearl episode where she listens to rock music and wears leather jacket

my opinion: SU's perceived pacing issues are 1/3rd actually the show's fault (townie eps) and 2/3rds outside forces (the shitty premier schedule, the difference between production seasons and advertised seasons) tainting our perception of it

Are we gonna meet the other diamonds?

>it's another diamond lore episode

oh wow they actually told us about a scheduling choice within a reasonable time frame

that's a shocker, I'm still used to CN telling us about a bomb like 3 days before it starts

i dont care anymore

WE HAVENT HAD REGULAR EPISODES SINCE FUCKING 2015 THAT WAS LIKE THREE SEASONS AGO GODAMMIT CARTOON NETWORK

CARTOONS HAVE BEEN SO IRREGULAR FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE CAN'T EVEN HAVE GENERALS!

>CARTOONS HAVE BEEN SO IRREGULAR FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE CAN'T EVEN HAVE GENERALS!

Truly the biggest tragedy in all of this

>CARTOONS HAVE BEEN SO IRREGULAR FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE CAN'T EVEN HAVE GENERALS!
I'm actually ok with this, generals are shit.

>not wanting s1 tier comfy townie episode

Better that a townie episode or "muh feelings"

Town eps went to shit when they totally shunted out the magical aspects of them

S1 Town Eps with monster of the week > muh lore episodes = CG development episodes >>>>>> current townieshit

The only good townie episodes are about onion kid and his family, Ronaldo suck balls

Half and half. The pacing problems are real but the hiatuses exacerbate them immensely.

and it will return for like 5 episodes, only to disappear for another 3 months while the fanbase gets more autistic

Why was she carrying a bag with tomatoes with her that day?

You know she's the kind of woman that makes her own marinara

Marywary is illegal fucker, you don't go blabbing that I grow that shit all over town.

Why do people call the humans “townies” when they’ve literally been called boardies on the show?

Because someone called them that and over time it just stuck.
Like Armstrong.

Cause boardies is a stupid name

Why? They live on the boardwalk. It’s not like townies is any better since it’s Beach CITY not Beach town.

is that a charlie's angels reference?

In my region, “townies” is what we call poor people. To me, calling the beach city residents that is half fandom nickname, half an actual real life phrase that applies to them.

would be a weird place for a CA reference

yeah, I guess.
Still kind of feels weirdly evocative of the logo, though. Probably because of the hand posing.

Do you think Lars learned how to bake from his mom?
Or did he just do it all himself cause he's such an asshole?

He did it because he was inspired by his mom
But when he was learning baking he did it in secret

Except Beach City is clearly a town, it's only got like 20 people living in it.

It might be small enough to qualify as a village.

ahahahah dream on

You know I just realized. We've never seen any White Court gems (white gray and black colored gems) in the series at all.
Where are they and what do they do?

I only watch this show out of sunk cost at this point, I have no illusions it will be good anymore.

Pearl killed them all

OHSHIT NERDS!!!

>another 4 townie episodes
>one "plot" episode with the plot point being some last minute reveal
>and then another 2 year hiatus
Thanks Cartoon Network.

nice more toons to watch,Amethyst and Jaspers Va's were hinting at something I doubt well see this bomb but its on its way.

s1 tier townie episodes were only comfy because the show still had reasonable pacing - townie episodes were a much needed break in between a few weeks of plot heavy episodes

now that we're on a schedule that regularly puts 5, 6, 8 month stretches between air dates, townie episodes have become nothing but a source of frustration and disappointment

Their silhouettes are so fucking poorly drawn. Blue and Yellow's proportions will always look weird to me, and that the fuck's the deal with Pink's hands? Seriously, fuck, the art is so sloppy in this show.

If true, Pearl is a badass

The townie episodes had gem stuff mixed in them, they weren't "X character feels sad and Steven's mission is to make them happy and teach the viewers a new lesson!" like they're now. I miss S1, when there was still magic in this show.

We’ve seen Pearl, she’s a white gem, whether she’s of White’s court or not.

And I dunno whose court Bismuth specifically belonged to (might’ve been Pink’s but I get the feeling Pink inherited a lot of hand me down gems to get her first colony started, as is probably the case with Nephrite or Centipeedle, for example) but I think White Diamond might have some multicolored rainbow gems.

>one "lore" episode
>everything else is townie filler

And you fucking know it.

stuff we know:

>CN announced that they're airing three arcs this year, this being the first.
>there's 14 production codes left in this season
>there's an upcoming special called "change your mind", which seems like it'll be a quadruple length episode. which could be it's own arc
>there's a double length episode titled "reunited", which, with 3 normal length episodes, makes about 5 episodes of content, typical for a bomb.
>that's 5 more production codes left, which will probably be the remaining bomb

>toy leak in pic related was stated to cover "the new series" - most likely covers this arc coming up in april.
>rose's VA was in several records, and herself revealed that there's stories of rose and pearl's past.
>new character named sunshine justice set to debut in the immediate future
>several songs coming in the next few eps, mostly sadie songs. also an amethyst song coming soon
>bingo card leaks have stuff that could happen in any of these episodes

and probably some other stuff

Yeah but it's probably Home World itself.

Wouldn't work. Homeworld is clearly hostile to humanity and the CGs are defending us.

Are the gems strictly color coded according to their diamonds though? Were all Rubies supposed to belong to Pink?

>sunshine justice
What?

What if humanity were the villains all along?

Pretty sure homeworld was the one that had all 4 on it

She’s in a cast list somewhere.

>Pink really was that small
>Yellow and Blue are the same size because they're the same age
>White is the oldest and the size of Temple Gem

Would make sense.

I liked generals... I miss them.

>>there's an upcoming special called "change your mind", which seems like it'll be a quadruple length episode. which could be it's own arc

Jasperidemption.
Screencap me.

When this shit started to go down we were farmers - the ones who weren't hunter-gatherers. Nope. We didn't start shit.

>TFW the Gems were created 150,000 years ago by a human civilization that came to rely on its robot slaves so much it collapsed when they rebelled and left for outer space

beachcitybugle.com/2017/12/new-voice-actors-and-songs-for-steven.html

Joan Jett voices a character named Sunshine Justice. This is most likely in the very next episode, since the credits leak listed everyone in season 5 so far, but didn't include Rose, who we know will appear soon. The songs are also from this episode. The popular theory is that it'll be a battle of the bands episode, with Sadie Killer and the Suspects playing against Sunshine Justice (who people theorize is Mystery Girl). Based on pic related + the leak, we can infer the episode will have:

Steven
Amethyst
Pearl
Peridot
Sadie
Jenny
Kiki
Buck
Sour Cream
Peedee
Vidalia
Jamie
Barb
Sunshine Justice (Mystery Girl?)

Also a wedding episode, going by that merch.

>Sunshine Justice
Is this part of the rumored MLP crossover episode then?

>a four-way crossover special featuring Steven Universe, MLP, Undertale, and Homestuck

The autism singularity

>three arcs this year
So they're just outright saying that they're not gonna air the show at all this year now?

I don't get why this became such a trend among all the cartoon channels now. Airing just a small chunk of episodes in a row, then waiting for stupid lengths of time.
I'd rather they just treat it like an actual fucking series than this shit. Air a good amount continuously to qualify a "season" then wait for next year. We'd be getting about the same amount we get now, but at least it would be together and satisfying.

Nothing about Mystery Girl’s design screams the stage name “Sunshine Justice” to me. “Sunshine” is just such a not punk sounding word, and her whole deal seems to be that she’s punk.

Also, doesn’t Mystery Girl already have a VA? I forget, did she have any lines before?

>who people theorize is Mystery Girl
There's no fucking way they're actually gonna name her that, even as a stage name. It's probably either a one-off or a case of one VA voicing an entire group of people, in this case a band.

Only one in the general vicinity of earth.

>pink diamond
They never learn.

Seriously having a hard time caring. This show's release schedule fucked it over so hard, not to mention it's just gotten sort of boring.

I got into that weird japanese gem show (Land of the Lustrous) in Steven Universe's absence. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

>sunshine justice
sounds like the name of a tiny equine character

Seriously, I wish the West would take some advice from Japan on shit like this.
Have shit be an actual season, even if only for 12 weeks. Keep the momentum strong and drive up hype and get people preordering merch.
They certainly have enough shows and backlog to do it without being super tough on deadlines.

It's more Cartoon Network's fault than anything. I understand that online streaming is beginning to supplant TV altogether, but their scheduling is absolutely ridiculous. I'm willing to bet that the reason TTG takes up 90% of the airtime is because they're so focused on moving to streaming that they don't know what to do with their own channel anymore.

How've the /trash/ generals been doing?

>the West would take some advice from Japan on shit like this.
This is exactly how the West used to operate, this whole "release episodes in blocks with month-long gaps" shit is very recent and seems to be in response to the popularity of streaming killing TV.
It's a shit response that isn't working.

CN could literally make this show into a cash cow without having to change the content in it if they just aired it consistently to keep up momentum + released merch regularly.

its been fine kinda slow over the break.

I know. Even if you're comparing them on non-plot aspects, structurally Land of the Lustrous is a much better show and does so much more with way less.

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a series where every single episode ended on an amazing hook that didn't feel contrived, in that the hook was both a payoff and made you want more.

Steven Universe should take some serious pointers. It's not like Land of the Lustrous didn't copy them a little. I swear some of the island/beach/cliff vistas looked exactly like beach city.

This

you can't fight it, user

I think on top of this weird focus on streaming, they're also kinda shooting themselves in the foot by keeping it solely to their own platform with the CN App.

If they actually let some of their shit get onto things like Netflix or other streaming sites that get a wider audience, they'd probably see a lot more continuous support.
No one's gonna discover SU on the channel that never plays it or the app only really dedicated kids use. The audience for it is becoming stagnant.

Honestly, I'm surprised the fandom is still as strong as it is given how they only get a small handful of episodes a year at this point. All that waiting around has to get tiresome.

>or the app only really dedicated kids us

Which you need a cable subscription to access anyway.

there has been a lot of dropoff bc of the hiatus, but it's still easily the biggest show on CN based off online interest, and in the top 2 in ratings.

It’s because online communities keep the interest alive with fan content.

It’s kinda weird to think of things coming full circle like that. The airing schedule has become fucked up because internet streaming is replacing cable and cable doesn’t know how to respond to that, but if it weren’t for online fandom the show would be long dead with such a fucked up schedule.

>SU
>no townie shit

There's also just a lot of shit like it to get into. Cartoons nowadays have a lot of variety to offer, so when one goes on a long ass hiatus, you just hop to something else until suddenly the other one comes back and you're reminded of it and get back in.

What are the specific lessons Steven Universe should learn from Land of the Lustrous?

There's literally no reason not to have the gems and humans interacting in townie episodes, the writers are fucking stupid for dropping that aspect of townie eps

I'm not sure watching the show on Amazon to fill the void it dose nothing for me it's just pretty sort of the character design are really ... Minimalist like think bleach soul reaper outfits with less personality or flair

So does this count as the first time they’ve directly acknowledged White Diamond’s existence by putting her in the silhouette here? Previously I think she’s only ever been (heavily) implied by background details.

This does mean we’re finally getting more White Diamond info, right?

Boy, it didn't take long for the Land of Shitty Computer Animation fags to roll in and shit up the thread, did it?

>>/trash/

>Sadie songs
>battle of the bands

Boy that sure is revelant townie shit that definitely needed to be included in this series.

What purpose does Sadie even serve? Is she going to get pinked too?

Nope. This really just on the same level as the moon base mural. Less so, actually, given that it's just an ad.

>What purpose does Sadie even serve?
she's a self-insert