VOICE-ACTING/VOICEOVER VOCAROO THREAD

EVERYBODY:

Do Requests, read whatever is up here, or find things in the links to practice
Post scripts, comic dialogue, panels, pages or text you would like to hear read.
Post requests for things you want to read
Give good, constructive feedback to those who ask for it.
Ask for advice from VA's if they appear
Give advice if you have it
Have fun!

Most Importantly,
BUMP THIS THREAD TO KEEP IT GOING!

You want this? But can you take care of it? Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

monologuearchive.com/
genericradio.com/
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
whysanity.net/
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8
pastebin.com/J9fR015E
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j
vocaroo.com/i/s0IH9sHGl2by
vocaroo.com/i/s1WVp3BRlLSt
vocaroo.com/i/s0Y7B7F5gA0L
vocaroo.com/i/s0ubiPszhoNP
vocaroo.com/i/s08L9XuWlpoZ
vocaroo.com/i/s1uYXxm5mscO
vocaroo.com/i/s0PwcT8gN7QL
vocaroo.com/i/s0cBGfXonINL
vocaroo.com/i/s0inE8WuzJ0l
vocaroo.com/i/s1JhkhE4cGfN
vocaroo.com/i/s1ck64FM3Xoe
vocaroo.com/i/s0mqstn0kDxB
youtube.com/watch?v=vrP-_T-h9YM
vocaroo.com/i/s0wSvJJPPXZ1
vocaroo.com/i/s0PTq3P2gfG0
vocaroo.com/i/s1cBmoO1kpNK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bamp from an amateur.

This thread might get some traction if you post copy for people read. I have some stuff I can post tonight if this thread is somehow alive.

Why does this thread have to be up when I'm at work

SOURCE LINKS

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

-----------------------------------------------

THE MOJO-JOJO Challenge!

Take any work on this thread or off it and recite in this monkey-king's style. Heed his overuse of synonyms too.

vocaroo.com/i/s0IH9sHGl2by

vocaroo.com/i/s1WVp3BRlLSt

>The dame walked into my office at 6.15 on a tuesday, fucking tuesday of all days, not even dogs wanna bark on a tuesday.
>She was by far the most beautiful broad I'd ever seen: hair like molasses, lips the colour of blood and more curves than the big dipper in New Orleans. my instincts told me she was bad news right away - any chick dolled up like that's probably carrying more baggage than fedex.
>But nonetheless, I gave her a smile and offered her my scotch.
>hell, took the case before she uttered a single word

Do Harley MacBeth

The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full
Of direst cruelty! make thick my blood;
Stop up the access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of nature
Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between
The effect and it! Come to my woman's breasts,
And take my milk for gall, you murdering ministers,
Wherever in your sightless substances
You wait on nature's mischief! Come, thick night,
And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell,
That my keen knife see not the wound it makes,
Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark,
To cry 'Hold, hold!'
Was the hope drunk
Wherein you dress'd yourself? hath it slept since?
And wakes it now, to look so green and pale
At what it did so freely? From this time
Such I account thy love. Art thou afeard
To be the same in thine own act and valour
As thou art in desire? Wouldst thou have that
Which thou esteem'st the ornament of life,
And live a coward in thine own esteem,
Letting 'I dare not' wait upon 'I would,'
Like the poor cat i' the adage?

What beast was't, then,
That made you break this enterprise to me?
When you durst do it, then you were a man;
And, to be more than what you were, you would
Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place
Did then adhere, and yet you would make both:
They have made themselves, and that their fitness now
Does unmake you. I have given suck, and know
How tender 'tis to love the babe that milks me:
I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have pluck'd my nipple from his boneless gums,
And dash'd the brains out, had I so sworn as you
Have done to this.

GLOSSARY: TERMS FOR SPEAKING ABOUT VOICE

Volume – relative loudness of voice
Pitch – relative highness or lowness of voice
Rate – speed at which you talk
Pauses – small breaks carefully timed for impact, but not too many vocalized pauses like 'er' and 'um'
Vocal Variety – VV refers to changes in volume, pitch, rate, and pauses, and is crucial to making your voice lively and animated. This is one of the main ways to differentiate between reading and performing.
Pronunciation – words should be pronounced correctly and articulated distinctly
SFX- sound effects including slaps kissing sucking etc...
Accent/dialect – regional variations of inflection

And I have to go. My schedule sucks. That's why I haven't been pushing this. But audio just died completely on /soc, so this is it.

The longest lasting threads in the test phase were the ones with a lot of back and forth, Critique, redo, review and such. Do that and we will live to see another day.

If you want a particular resource you don't see let me know. I'll be back after 11 MST.

Remember, if you can,playing in traffic?

anyone care to give their best pic related?

Sorry codger it's too noisy over here right now to record anything. Maybe this will stay up for long enough.

Also is that really spiderman?

vocaroo.com/i/s0Y7B7F5gA0L

vocaroo.com/i/s0ubiPszhoNP

nah see nah
vocaroo.com/i/s08L9XuWlpoZ

What did I just read?
vocaroo.com/i/s1uYXxm5mscO

What does Doom say after that?
vocaroo.com/i/s0PwcT8gN7QL

bump

we advertising now

vocaroo.com/i/s0cBGfXonINL

>he hasn't the pipe strip analysis

Here's something I just did, I'd appreciate any feedback.

vocaroo.com/i/s0inE8WuzJ0l

Do you say misbegotten freak as "misbegotten breek" with a B? I like the tonal shift in the second to last panel.

I'm trying to get better about hard F's, P's, T's, and S's (fricatives?) so that my have cause confusion, but I did intend to say "freak"

Thanks!

vocaroo.com/i/s1JhkhE4cGfN

How are you supposed to do a batman voice? I guess I'm trying to do the Bale voice, but it's more inaudible than anything. Not really something you'd use to halt criminals in their tracks. Kinda hurts too.

I think he orders pizza; I'll ask that henchman who works with him.

Please someone do some of these but leave pauses where the responses should be
if you only do one do the last, maybe just do the last actually

Should he sound like Bale? You're right that it doesn't reach the cheap seats. Or should he be Conroy? Or something new?

I want to hear the best possible cover of Ocean Man by Ween you can muster

Don't use names I don't know.
If you think I might know it
Just assume I don't know it.
How do you want this to sound on
a scale of 1 to 10 according
to the following character categories:
>serial killer
>lover boy
>hall monitor
I'll graph your numbers and that will form the Soundwave for the voice
and it'll be great. It's very scientific.

Sorry, this is /co and Kevin Conroy has been VA for batman a lot.

>serial killer
4/10
>lover boy
3/10
>hall monitor
8/10

I’m sorry but I don’t want to be an Emperor – that’s not my business – I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.
We all want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful.
But we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls – has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say “Do not despair”.
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish…
Soldiers – don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you – who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder.

Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don’t hate – only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers – don’t fight for slavery, fight for liberty.
In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written ” the kingdom of God is within man ” – not one man, nor a group of men – but in all men – in you, the people.
You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let’s use that power – let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfill their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfill that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.
Soldiers – in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

This is Charlie Chaplin's speech in "The Great DIctator" You can find the scene on YouTube, if you need it.

Do you want it done his way, or do you want it done differently? Is this a litmus test?

I'd probably kill myself before reading that long shit. TLDR my dude

It's a really great speech and good for practicing. Chaplin is fine but his speaking carries the tones of the 30's,so do it as you see the character.

There are plenty of shorter things around, What are you looking for?

Purina Diet

So I'm at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog food for my dog. While in the check-out line, a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, RIGHT??? So on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me.

oh shit i didnt post the url for the first part
is it gone forever?
vocaroo.com/i/s1ck64FM3Xoe

i lisped pretty hard on kissed
sorry i was sick of those lines and
was in a hurry
vocaroo.com/i/s0mqstn0kDxB

now that I'm halfway through i wanna stop and ask
and im supposed to be saying cell and interlinked every time it's on the page?
because now I'm seeing it mixed in with the rest of the words and i just feel lost right now.
am i like a robot? is this like a twitch or a tic im having? I'm confused. I'lll bang that fourth one out for you, but I need to know if I'm saying cell and interlinked over and over again and if i am how do you want me to say it

youtube.com/watch?v=vrP-_T-h9YM
Not the user that requested it but its basically an interrogation in a police station
Ryan gosling is a robo cop and its a test to make sure his emotions arent out of wack. So they ask questions that should elicit somekind of emotional responce followed by the phrase cell interlinked (which is part of an extract from some book hes been reading) which ryan gosling is meant to listen for and repeat whilst they examine him and make sure hes unphased by the questions.

Things are running well so far. Let's see how the night goes. I should have more time for feedback tomorrow. Thank you to all who contributed!

dios mio

Man you people need to watch blade runner 2049, I got up because i had to do the lines the right way even if I mess up some.
>vocaroo.com/i/s0mqstn0kDxB

vocaroo.com/i/s0wSvJJPPXZ1
crap posted wrong one

This is sort of what I imagine these two sound like. Try your own voices and post them up with a nedroid comic you like

vocaroo.com/i/s0PTq3P2gfG0

vocaroo.com/i/s1cBmoO1kpNK
i was too lazy to look for a different comic
the bear is slow because he is potato yes?
I miss the days when a potato could be
whatever it wanted.
Back in the Topato days.

bump

I’m thrilled you all could make it tonight, gentlemen. I know I ask a
lot of you, but I hope you all realize, I notice everything. Every tiny smile, every
command obeyed, every sacrifice given. You’re my men, aren’t you? And tonight,
you’re going to prove it.
Now, I want you all to pick up your instruments and line up in—You! Stand up
straight, please. I said, stand up! Would you like the whole town to see you in a
wrinkled band uniform? Don’t answer, just listen. (pause) Now, form that single line
and reflect on your assignment tonight. Remember, you’re more than simply clarinet
players or baton twirlers. You have a mission, a purpose—and while you may not be
here to witness the difference you make, know that I will. And that’s really what
matters most, now isn’t it?
So all those people who said I didn’t have a voice, who said no one would ever listen
to me—those awful people, with their awful taunts in my head—“She called ‘fire’ and
no one heard her!” “Have you noticed how the waiter never stops at her table?” “She
can’t even get a dog to lick her hand!”
Well, Awful People’s Taunts! Look at me now. Listen to me now! I have all these
gentlemen right here. Haven’t I, gentlemen? Don’t answer, just think! You’re all
prepared to march out that window, march out with flutes and heads held high, and
fall to your fated death…all for me. All for me.

How do I do it? I prep a post and let it sit and if we hit page 7 or 8, I try to post and hope captcha isn't too shortbus today.

"Hey there. Things sure did go to shit didn't they? I suppose it's my fault after all. Now we wont be remembering you as the friends we were. Now we're all mortal enemies. And I do admit, it was my fault. I have lived my life being what I view as perfection, just being myself. But sometimes, even I am not myself. I've hurt a lot of people because of that. I feel very misunderstood, worthless, and foolish. Words can't describe how sorry I am to you and everyone elseI'm sorry I ignored you and everyone when you tried to reconnect with me. I got too caught up in myself. But I want you to know I think about you every day. I would go to the ends of the earth to bring you back. I'd do anything to go back in time and stop you from being killed like that.

But alas, I am just a mortal. A sad mortal who wishes he could've been nicer to his friends. Wherever you are, just know, that from the bottom of my aching heart, I really am sorry. Goodbye."