How accurate is this costume?

How accurate is this costume?

I think it looks fine from a distance but it could use better texturing and a shoulder cape. Wish they'd do something different with the chest symbol

It's good, but I wish it had the chest flap.

I like the little tiger buttons though

I don't understand why DC keeps putting that same texturing on all their suits.

>duh why don't they just give da heroes spandex

Material looks weird. I'm sure the logo will crackle with energy in post. I have to see it in action before making a final judgement, but as of now it's Avengers 1 Cap tier

It least is has a texture and isn't just flat like A1 Cap.

The colors look nice, and I like the tiger buttons. However the boots are shit. Should have done sandals like Diana

I don't really like the boots either but sandals would be awful.

>Tawky Tawny cape clips.
Nice. Very nice.

They should have spandex because it looks a million times better. Most of them are wearing costumes anyway so why can't they look good?

I DO NOT HATE THIS. DC MADE A COSTUME CHOICE THAT I LIKE. THIS CONFUSES ME

Pretty nice. Post production should polish it off.

Accurate enough. It looks good to me.

>FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ANNABELLE CREATION AND THE WRITER OF TURBO COMES SHAZAM!

It's a good costume, I like it, but it isn't "accurate". It's based on a few sources though.

Why do casuals and normies think accurate is anything but what it looks like in a comic? Like, it's very easy to see it isn't. You just google Captain Marvel and see what he wears.

Though again I do like the suit. I would prefer "comic accurate" costumes for some characters, Cap included, but it doesn't make a costume bad if it isn't. Bad costumes are bad because they're bad not because they're different.

Cavill need trunks but the dude looks good as Superman and in costume. I personally would never refer to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine because he didn't even give a slight nod to the costume though so there's that.

Give me one example of spandex costume looking good

>still haven't reverted back to the military aesthetics because muh magic

Other than that it's really good

Damn skippy.

I like how the outfit looks, but I also liked how Ryan Reynolds looked as Green Lantern. A costume is a costume, and publicity photos tell you next to nothing about a film. I remain skeptical.

I kind of thought that dude was a fusion of Paul Rudd Joseph Gordon-Levitt who is he?

I'm not totally sure if this is spandex, but whatever it is looks great. It could be a little brighter but I'll take what I can get.

Accuracy is a scale. You can be very accurate or not accurate at all. This is very accurate. You see it and you know it's Captain Marvel, (provided you know who that is in the first place).

I like it. Looks like he leaped right out of a comic book, which is appropriate for the big cheese.

>forgot image
MOTHER
FUCKER

Spider-Man

Also it's cosplay but I have this.

speaking of DC fucking up literally everything

Incredibly accurate. Just needs the sash

Probably the most accurate we've seen from the DCEU so far. I'm cautiously optimistic for this film because it's completely free of the Snyder era

Good catch

And this as well

That's a nice, bright, colourful costume... How Grey will it be in the final cut?

Halloween-tier
I'll accept this answer

i like how bright it is, Shazam is supposed to be a kids idea of what a hero is so its good that they ditched the grim and gritty look.

It's accurate to the new style of costume Captain Marvel wears. It looks exactly like it did in JL War

For a sec I read that as Turbo Kid and got excited, now I'm sad

dat gut

oh no... why

>I'll accept Spider-Man because it's from a Marvel movie

>spandex because it looks a million times better
Contrary to what you believe spandex is death to muscle definition. Just look at Arnie here in the running man

This might not be a fuckup. I liked him as Commodus and any origin is better than Juggalo RiffRaff

That's the Jokers most famous Origin though

I'll accept spider-man because it actually looks good. I'm way more DC biased and think most marvel costumes look awful.

it's the best DC can get

Don't worry Carol. Your costume looks much worse

They should make it out of whatever leggings are made of, I think neoprene.

Cinematic I mean

>Billyfags this delusional

We're just going to forget that a lot of the Marvel directors made absolute shit before the MCU?

HOPE YOU LIKE TEAL

How did Chuck get so buff?

Avengers 1 Cap looks bad on purpose. Agent Coulson is a cap Daniel and design the new costume. Basing it off his USO captain America trading cards.

>Marvel Studios in charge of accuracy

>Literally to afraid to show the actual costume

And a lot of those movies are mediocre
Why did they choose this color scheme? Are they giving her a mask at least
I've seen a lot of people defending it saying it looks amazing

Kree uniform.

It's nice to see a DC character with a fun costume for a change. Zack the Hack will seize the footage at gunpoint and darken it down in post-production.

Men actually work out for their roles. This flat ass piece of shit couldn't even do some squats

Kree don't wear teal

Shit uniform

Carol? Oh, you meant Captain Marvel.

* cap fangirl

I like the tactical look, and the teal is an interesting color. I just wish the hair was different. All of the women in the MCU have the exact same haircut

Every time an user posts this image, I'm immediately drawn to scarjos booty sticking out

It's Mar-Vell's original colors that I don't think Carol ever wore.

>oh wow look at how terrible this captain america costume looks

Zack's gone man
And I see a lot of people unironically say Griffith did nothing wrong. There's retards everywhere

Looks great, million times better than Shatzam.

No user they aren't even close Mar-Vell's original colors, I really don't understand how you can look at the picture you posted and the live action version and think that that's okay.

But that looks good

TEAL IS A FAR CRY FROM GREEN YOU COLOR BLIND FUCK.
If they made Carol's ACTUALLY green and white it would looks a million times better.

>I've got to delude myself into liking thi crap costume! It's gonna be great!

I hate the live-action one, I was just saying the reason they did it.

>Well we don't want to put her in the good suit because comic books are far too silly, I think we can get away with coloring it gray and teal because of Mar-Vell's less well known costume

>Zack's gone man
No one truly escapes Zack.

That is literally his canon origin

>joker
>canon origin

looks like garbage

>It's kind green but it's not muh green!!!
You're a walking billboard for donations for autistic people.

And we aren't looking at it through movie camera filters, movie lighting, and cgi. So it won't be that shade in the theatrical release.

But we know she gets the red and gold later.

stop being so confident in the information you've gleaned from blogs. it's not "canon".

I like the teal, it fits with the established Wacky Space Pallet. Armored parts are nice, keeps it from just being a flightsuit.

Only real gripe is that it doesn't really POP. It looks like a military uniform, which is the intention, I know. But it needs something... unique. Something that'll keep kids in a toy store calling her Green Black Widow

Yeah but it will still be baggy and unappealing

>yfw a Captain Marvel thread gets high-jacked and turns into a Captain Marvel thread.

Terrible. No wonder they're dumping this in the killzone between the real Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

It breathes, prevents ball sweat. Seriously though It may be the reason. Other super hero costumes over the years have been problematic because they trap heat and sweat.

Or maybe because the original two spiderman raimi films are arguably the best superhero films

New to comics? "Accurate" varies by artist/era. See spider-man and his armpits or bat-man with his chest symbol.

Looks decent so far as it isn't tacticool shit, a fail attempt to make him buff, spandex, or some other material that hinders movement/acting.

But the red and gold outfit is awful

No, her hair usually is. What you mean to say is her Ms Marvel costume is better

It looks like shit, just like the n52 suit.

>yfw a Shazam thread gets high-jacked and turns into a Captain Marvel thread.
ftfy

I’ll concede to that

Yeah, you should just listen to some random user in a thread.

his daughter did

Hi, Billyfag. Here to start more shit?

>no asymmetric cape

Come on thats the coolest part of the costume

Wizard in Elvis Clothes is way cooler than a dyke who's less interesting than her own legacy character