DANCE-OFF, BRO

DANCE-OFF, BRO

Why does Justin have such a hate boner for Guardians of the Galaxy...? Or just super heroes in general?

I thought it was Dan who had it.

This wasn't written by Justin

every panel except the first one has a character yelling their catch phrase. jesus christ

What a lazy joke

They're popular. They're timeless. They're funny. They get to make a new stale and superhero movie almost every 0.8 years these days, sure, but the heroes within them are characters that'll stick with our culture for centuries. The writers resent superheroes in general(The not-guardians team contains a lazy Starfire and Green Lantern parody, after all) but mostly the current and modern popular ones.

Rick and Morty? They're meme characters, who'll eventually go from their current "Ironic relevance" to officially dead. The writers turned their backs on the fans who found Rick TV and Hobo-assic Park funny, to pander to people who got wet every time Jerry was called a loser and depth SEEMED to be happening on-screen. That killed the show, and the writers know it. This whole franchise is going to die, and be forgotten.

No values are exalted in Rick and Morty. Watching it won't make you a happier or better or funnier person. Nobody watches this and wishes Rick was real like they wished Superman or the cast of FIM was real. This show's shallow, and when it runs out of "Twists" to pull on classic sci-fi cliches and sitcom cliches, it's out of ideas, and it uses references to distract you from that. Rick and Morty isn't timeless, and whenever it tries to say something, it says this lazy "omg nothin matters so watch tv and have fun lol the universe oppresses smarties like us so we must fight back by being cunts lol" garbage that stopped being funny and unique after season 2 of House aired.

>Why does Justin have such a hate boner for Guardians of the Galaxy.
Anons, making a parody doesn't mean you hate the original source material. Usually, it tend to means that you like it.

Have you ever heard of Roast?

It's Roiland making those posts, didn't you get it by now?

>Anons, making a parody doesn't mean you hate the original source material. Usually, it tend to means that you like it.
Not necessarily true. To mock something to this degree? Repeatedly? Not the signature of a fan.

He stated he that he hated them.

Where?

Repeatedly, it was one episode. Don't you know they don't wrote the comics? Most of the time, comic from adult cartoon are derivative and try to re-emulate what was going on in the show.

It either try to fit in the continuity, resulting in zero interesting development because of course the show ill not integrate those development because most of the audience don't read the comic, or it goes on its own continuity and become it's own thing with less and less tie to the original material.

My point is, don't use comic to tackle agaisnt the show. It's not the same people writing them.

Don't.

Parody and satire are different things. The important thing is that you have to want to tell funny jokes using it. You can't go in as bitter as Justin and expect to tell good jokes, not when all you can do is make the characters die while calling them samey and dumb and inferior to drunk Rick.

I'm calling this an incompetent and bitter mockery. Don't kid yourself.

>My point is, don't use comic to tackle agaisnt the show. It's not the same people writing them.

Especially since that comic wasn't even written by Harmon or Roiland

>I'm calling this an incompetent and bitter mockery. Don't kid yourself.
see>Especially since that comic wasn't even written by Harmon or Roiland
That comic is just trying to hape at the material of the show.

Wait... I thought he only could make train related things, why is that a ghostly pickle rick in a jar?

See They're the All-New All-Different Vindicators, Vance doesn't even drink anymore because now he's been retconned into being half-Filipino.

>not when all you can do is make the characters die while calling them samey and dumb and inferior to drunk Rick.
That's not really what it going on. The take on it is more along the line of "Everyone is a flawed individual and Ruck ruin everything". I don't even know why people call it a jab at Guardian of the Galaxy when the dynamic is way closer to the Justice League or the avengers, leaning more toward Justice League.

The main joke is about how an awesome super team of cool dude turn out to be jerkwad and not that pristine of a hero. That doesn't work with Gurdian becaus they arleady are a team of Missfit in the first place.

The jab work better at Justice League, because they are closer to the idealized version of an hero team, making the Vindicator a more apt parody of it.

Of course, there is this comic, taking a jabe of that scene from GotG, but its more of cheap joke from a comic that is already derivative in the first place. My point it: don't look too hard into it. the guy writing it processed it more in a "you know what would be funny?" way.

>I don't even know why people call it a jab at Guardian of the Galaxy

Vance Maximus is closer to Star Lord
The characters usually deal with outer space threats (I know Avengers and Justice League do that in the comics too, but think in context of the movies since that's the most frame of references the R&M episode does)
But it is a mishmash of a lot of things (the characters who died in Vindicators 2 were Suicide Squad parodies, though El DIablo's parody was combined with Drax.

>Vance Maximus is closer to Star Lord
I saw him closer to Tony Stark.

This is some cringy shit.

Do people really eat up writing like this?

yeah they just dip it in sichuan sauce first.

as a GOTG fan I really don't understand why this upsets yall so much

>as a GOTG fan
who cares aboutsub human piece of shits like you?

you care enough to reply :^)

Okay, so the people who are really discontent with the Vindicators episode are actually haters of GotG and are complaining that episode didn't do a good job at tearing GotG a new one.

I guess it finally make sense, now.

It's what happened to people from Sup Forums calling Guardians of the Galaxy and Rick & Morty "Reddit" too often.

I want to fug Supernova

Underrated

>They're timeless

LMAO, their merch doesn't sell at all.

MY SIDES
THEYVE GONE ORBITAL