What's going on in Russia?

What's up with this red region in eastern Russia? It's just east of Moscow in somewhere called Tatarstan.

Other urls found in this thread:

kommersant.ru/doc/3145420?utm_source=kommersant&utm_medium=strana&utm_campaign=four
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republics_of_Russia
kazan.kp.ru/online/news/1251954/
kazan.mk.ru/articles/2015/11/17/kto-stremitsya-prevratit-tatarstan-v-islamskuyu-respubliku-islamisty-ili-etnokratiya.html
svoboda.org/a/26837871.html
business-gazeta.ru/news/89858
youtube.com/watch?v=4BGhEdunxGo
youtube.com/watch?v=3QA5AoIHMmo
youtube.com/watch?v=YuNMQz6rlVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tatar sauce is from there

Also, what's up with the border disputes near Georgia and Mongolia?

Finns live there

It's 2pm in Moscow. Russia should be here.

So this area wants some type of independence?

I don't think, it's impossible, generally speaking many Tatars I met in Kazan' were quite Russicized, but there are also some radical movements, like among all Muslims in this region, I mean that Tatars weren't that religious, but after the collapse of the USSR many regional communities like that were infiltrated by radical jihadis from Arabic countries

also even "white" Russians may be influenced, this radical islamism - this an article posted today on Kommiersant', just google translate it:
kommersant.ru/doc/3145420?utm_source=kommersant&utm_medium=strana&utm_campaign=four

>this an article
this article, sorry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republics_of_Russia
Some Russian regions are Republics which have a lot of autonomy like parlament/president etc. And no, nobody here wants to separate from Russia.

>Tatarstan
It's just another region, not really different from most others.
>Also, what's up with the border disputes near Georgia
Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
>and Mongolia
No idea, honestly.

Is the area considered dangerous? What do White Russians think of tatars?

All Russians I know treat Tatars like bros, it's not more dangerous than the rest of Russia, excluding terrains near Dagestan - they always have there some anti-terrorist operations.

Google translate these articles if you are interested in Tatarstan, as I wrote - generally speaking it's a normal region, but there were some examples of islamist infiltration recently:
kazan.kp.ru/online/news/1251954/
kazan.mk.ru/articles/2015/11/17/kto-stremitsya-prevratit-tatarstan-v-islamskuyu-respubliku-islamisty-ili-etnokratiya.html
svoboda.org/a/26837871.html
business-gazeta.ru/news/89858

Muslim Tatars is a meme. Only a small minority(mostly old people) go to mosques and other stuff. I've been to multiple cities and old villages and I never encountered a person perform salah or any kind of prayer.

If this is the case, I do t know why LiveUAMap has this listed as an active conflict zone

Well, you need only one radicalized moron to prepare some attack, our Tatars are quite well-assimilated and irreligious too, but some of them started studying in Saudi Arabia recently and we have only several thousand of them.

Nothing. It's just hoholmap/western NGOs and their delusions.

ROC claiming Mongolia level of retardation.

It's some mistake, only Dagestan may be considered as dangerous today due to its common ATOs (anti-terrorist operations), if you watch Russian news then you may often heard about ATOs in Dagestan, but never in Tatarstan, even Chechnia is quite paceful, since the Russian government managed to extablish some kind of status quo with Kadyrov. Abchasia and Ossetia may be marked "red", beause there is some kind of legal dispute between Georgia and Russia, but never Tatarstan - they have an authonomy that is respected by Moscow, see this video - it's Putin trying to perform a speech in Tatar language:
youtube.com/watch?v=4BGhEdunxGo

>managed to extablish
establish, sorry

Oh man. The level of moronity itt.

Tatarstan had some separatist movement in the 90s, but so did almost every region.

Now it is the 3d most developed region after Moscow and Sain Petersburg. Most muslims there are completely uncucked - eat pig and drink vodka saying Allah doesn't see them under the roof.

Because LiveUAMap map is run by a hohol pig.

Any other stupid question?

In reality there is more chance of California seceding than Tataristan that is in the middle of fucking Russia.

Not your typical muslim region definitely.

youtube.com/watch?v=3QA5AoIHMmo

youtube.com/watch?v=YuNMQz6rlVo

Kazakh here, friends with several tatars, visited Kazan. It's mostly a rural region with villages full of muslim tatars who barely speak Russian, cities are mostly Russian and secular tatars (who don't give a fuck about Quran), its rather nice, has hot weather and pretty architecture. But a lot of people, both tatar and Russian are bydlo. Ask your questions.

this

Tatarstan is a safe and Moscow friendly republic. Tatars are bros that drink and Tatar women rock bikinis. Caucauses is the only sketchy place

It's cuckholes trying to force separatism in russian national autonomies.

That's true senpai