Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel With Spider-Woman With Classic Suit

>Given the details that are leaking from these films, it seems more and more likely that there is going to be some sort of connection between the Sony movies and the mainline MCU. This is exactly what both Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal said last summer when they said “Although you’re not going to see them in the Marvel Universe, it’s in the same reality.” (This is also why the editorial team at MCU Exchange has covered both Venom and Silver & Black despite chronic complaints that they aren’t “MCU movies.”) A ready example for the relationship is already available in the TV MCU properties. Those shows take place in the MCU and reference the MCU, but MCU films ignore their existence essentially. Expect something very similar to occur here, where the Sony films will be able to ground themselves in the MCU world but you won’t see reference the other way.

>Another interesting character That Hashtag Show brought up was Jessica Drew a.k.a. Spider-Woman. Drew has long been a staple of the contemporary imagining of the Avengers and is a part of the usual fan wishlist for Spidey characters down the line. A major character in the Spider-Man AND Avenger mythos in her own right, she’s a character up for consideration when talking about “femme fatales” in the Spider-verse. She was born in Europe too so there’s that.

Why is the logo on spider-man's taint? Also need source.

Whack, I wanted her to be Peter’s female clone like in Ultimate.

so people won't BRAAAAAP and whiff the smell of Peter Parker's balls and swamp ass
oops

Wasn't there a casting call for a foreign exchange girl leaked? People thought it was Gwen, bit it might be Jessica.

what would jessica's purpose in a spider-man film be?

>Spider-Woman With Classic Suit
As if. They would pretend Carol's original suit never existed, they sure as hell are not going to allow this.

But she has next to no relation to Peter. She arguable makes more sense for a Captain Marvel movie

When are we going to get something OFFICIAL announced for this film?

I guess SDCC? Have a panel talking about Captain Marvel, Spider-Man 2 and then tease Avengers 4?

Sure but will look like this motorcycle race suit shit

or this

>Holland is so fucking bland as Spider-Man he can't even carry a solo movie anymore
That's pretty pathetic desu

You can easily make that wearable for the big screen by just adding the typical thickness and panels to it. No one in these movies wears just tights.

Unless.....
It's not like MCU doesn't already pick and choose a lot

>I guess SDCC? Have a panel talking about Captain Marvel, Spider-Man 2 and then tease Avengers 4?
well, MCUspiderman 2 should start shooting soon, right? its got a 2019 release date iirc

I would have thought Prowler would have appeared first, but I'm cool with this too. They need to get that Sinister Six shit going already

616 Jess but she's a lesbian.

>Prowler
That would be lots of fun, but that's exactly why they won't have him. I'm still not a big fan of tying Jessica Drew to Spider-Man. At least it's less time dedicated to boring ass Tom.

Just make it out of the exact same texture and material as Spidey's suit.

>This is exactly what both Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal said
At this point i dont know which of the two i want horribly murdered more

No thanks.

So out of cheap PS3 CGI?

Jessica Drew sucks and her powers and origin suck.

Sony owns her and wants her with Peter.

No she doesn't. She' miles better than fucking Iron Man Jr.

Potential Spider Woman costume

Just because she sucks and has vague powers doesn't mean she's not related to Spider-Man.

Same goes for Batgirl

shut up aliens love motorbikes

That suit is ugly as sin.

Jessica Drew has nothing to do with Spider-Man though? Why not use an actual Spider-Man character?

Also is this actually going to be set in Europe?

Wouldn't be surprised if this is even worse than the dogshit that was Homecoming.

> introduce Jessica Drew in Spiderman 2 as a defective Peter clone
> starts off his age, aging problem is a crises B plot for the film
> impending death gets cured by the end of the movie, but is basically an adult now
> since she is too old to pretend to be in school, she decides to go off and superhero full time like Peter has always wanted
> joins the MCU and mostly tries to stay out of Peter's business, so as not to complicate his life any more than she already has
> fills the role of awkward funny girl in post-IW MCU while rounding out the female cast and getting *liberal cred* for being able to say she represents transgender issues or something.

I can see it.

Buddy, the only reason she exists is because Marvel wanted to patent the name before someone else did. She was made by Hydra, she doesn't spin a web, and she hardly ever even talks to Peter

That first paragraph sounds like an open invitation for me to spam "NOT CANON" in every Venom thread.

I'm told it's this summer. I'm surprised they aren't gettin a head start on their 2020 slate this year.

Sexy

Its basically Netflix canon, meaning not canon at all

Told you fags Sony owned her, she was made to secure a copyright name and Marvel argued she was Spider-Man's derivative.

Also CarolJessfags BTFOe'd!!! Settle for CarolWanda at the least.

That suit was designed by Marie Severin an important female figure for Marvel

If they claimed they wanted to honor Ditko's Spidey suit and stay faithful to it when designing MCU Spidey suit then they better do the same with Spider-Woman or else they're sexist.

Never. Carol will be in this movie and will redeem Jess from her HYDRA ways with the power of lesbian love.

They literally have no relation aside from the name.

It might be better to save Spider-Woman as a draw for movies later in time after people get more used to Spider-Man in the MCU. They could have Spider-Man fight Silver Sable in Europe for some reason. Silver Sable could get a sample of Spider-Man's blood and that get used somehow in the future to create Spider-Woman.

MJ from Homecoming can become like Black Cat in the future, but be called Hellcat instead. Which could still kind of work for her enemies having bad luck.

>Despite her antipathy towards men, Felicia feels a kinship with this lone hero; Spider-Man is the first man she felt she could trust and she grows to believe herself in love with him

Michelle is interested in social justice stuff and likes Peter which is kind of similar to Black Cat being interested in feminist stuff.

Michelle seems like she stalks Peter for some reason and is possibly the one that has taken his backpacks in the past. That could be how she gets some technology similar to what Peter has used in the past.

>As Black Cat, she has the subconscious ability to affect probability fields, producing "bad luck" for her enemies.

Michelle subconciously made that stone in Genke's bag explode to harm Liz because she was a rival of hers for Peter's affection. That's why she doesn't have any friends because she's afraid of hurting someone if she hangs around them.

Shuri can be called Black Cat and be more like Hellcat from the comics except for her name. Black Cat goes better with Black Panther than Hellcat would as a name. She can be an assistant to Tony instead of Beast and then adopt T'Chala's suit after he dies or join him in fighting at some point. Maybe Man-Ape will take over Wakanda in the future and kick out T'Chala and Shuri after Thanos invades it.

>But she has next to no relation to Peter
Wait, does Sony even have the rights to her?

Are we sure this isn't a stand in to have it CG'd in later? I'm not defending CGI costumes, but that could be it. Or maybe this suit is early on and she swaps it for the better one shortly in?

Yes, only because "Spider" is in her name. That's literally it.

Maybe I'm retarded, but how'd they get classic suit out of that?

there's nothing to suggest that in the description.

the villain is likely silver sable and marvel convinced sony/amy pascal to cancel the silver and black movie by making a black widow movie where she fights silver sable.

I think 90's Julie Spider-Woman interacted with Peter more often than Jessica.

why would they not use silk who was already introduced, in credits at least, as a student in peters class?

>tfw no clone twin sister super-powered gf...

Nope, not gonna happen.

616 jess is a lesbian.

>Drew has long been a staple of the contemporary imagining of the Avengers
Uh Bendis seemed to care about her in New Avengers for about a dozen issues 15 years ago and that was it.
Not even going into how something can be "long considered" and "contemporary" at the same time.
When people brainstorm about iconic "contemporary Avengers" characters, she'd probably barely make the top 40, and I say that as a fan of the character.

Bring back Raimi

It going to be spider gwen.

Yes.

They are forcing themselves to do something radically different because they don't want to repeat anything the previous films did.

I have heard rumors of shit like Spidey going back to WWII

>She was born in Europe too so there’s that.
The hell does that have to do with anything.

The leaked character description says she's Eurpoean.

>Expect something very similar to occur here, where the Sony films will be able to ground themselves in the MCU world but you won’t see reference the other way.
Where have I seen this before....