Future of Firearms

How will firearms, the firearms industry, and other aspects of firearms, change after import bans, state gun bans, the hughes amendment, NFA , and all of these other observed gun laws are eliminated?

The answer is that the industry will thrive and we will get guns at cheaper prices. Perhaps more innovation due to the increased competition and re-opened markets for certain banned products.

The question is when. Sure we will get progress, but without anyone to push for it things will come slowly, if at all. The new SC Justice must be appointed first. Then Trump must work on easy concealed carry for all 50 states. His platform includes 2A rights, but focuses on immigration and the economy. We won't see a VSS Vintorez or a national right to carry unless we actively reach Trump and attempt to regain our rights. It all starts with the national right to carry.

Will we ever see the ban lifted on automatics?

Theoretically, what is will be the best time within the next 8 years, to include mid-term elections etc, to pressure these douche bags into passing pro-gun bills?

t.guy who ends threads in the first post

Is someone paying you to make this thread five times a day or do you do it for free?

I haven't made a thread in months.

The only thing Trump can reastically do from that list is lift import bans. Everything else is pure speculation.

>trump is going to enable cheap foreign imports compete with domestic manufactering!

lol no

you dumb cunt, Izhmash and Kalashnikov guns are banned from import because of "muh russian cold war 2.0 aggression megaeastgermany reeeeeee balkans".

trump may institute a tariff for firearms imports, but compared to what's going on now (a complete ban of anything Obama doesn't like) that's amazing.

I've sung that same tune for a while but, his retarded tariffs don't affect what products will be tariffed.

We may get suppressors, SBRs, SBSes, and AOWs (or at least things like the Super-Shorty and foregripped pistols) taken out of the NFA soon. We may also get fuckloads of Russian and Chinese weapons and ammo, 1911s in the CMP, and those Garands and stuff from South Korea.

>retarded tariffs
do you not understand the point of a tariff in this case?

the point is to raise the costs of importing then selling a good in the US, enough so that profit margins disappear and most companies are forced to either produce part (or all) of the product inside the US or pull out completely

small companies may pull out yes, but on the whole any company that you can easily name (or any company that does anything for any of THOSE companies) will seriously consider moving production into the US, and that's a gain for the US economy

why do you think trump cares about guns at all?
he is only interested in inflating his own ego making mad bucks and being a troll.

Doesn't matter why they were banned, what matters is unbanning them go directly against the NRAs interests and againat the entire theme of his campaign

Trump has taken every stance on every issue so his supporters end up projecting all their dreams on him and assume he was telling the truth the time he agreed with them

>the point is to raise the costs of importing then selling a good in the US, enough so that profit margins disappear and most companies are forced to either produce part (or all) of the product inside the US or pull out completely

Yep, and the cost will be passed down to the consumer. Enjoy Vortex optics going up in cost. iPhones. Surplus ammo from Russia and commie block countries costing more. Century guns costing more. That is what comes hand in hand with a tariff. The prices won't stay the same while magically putting Americans to work in factories.

>doesn't matter why they were banned
yes actually it does, they were literally banned because "muh russian aggression" and went into effect along with the other sanctions. if trump is going to make relations with russia better then the bans are on the table.

>unbanning them go directly against the NRAs interests

???????????????????????

>againat the entire theme of his campaign
...you do realise he has a CC license and has been positive towards guns for his entire campaign, right?

yeah sure, of course costs will go up. only for 5-10 years though, and in those 5-10 years americans will be given jobs and companies that produce shit outside of the US will be forced to invest into the US manufacturing sector if they can't stomach the tariffs.

you're acting like we can somehow get everything we want without trade offs. yes it will be painful for a while, but afterwards it'll get better. there's no such thing as a free lunch mate.

And that shits automated now anyway. Trump can't magically turn back the clock to post ww2 when every other factory in the world had been bombed and we had no competition.

>implying guns were the big draw of his campaign

It's the economy, stupid.

>the automation meme
please go back to /r/futurology, the automation meme is just that, a meme, and will continue to be a meme until 2040-2050.

the private sector wants automation, the main prohibiting factor is the cost effectiveness of it. at the moment it's quite simply cheaper to get a bunch of starved asians than to automate. and it will continue to be that way for most things (not all, see amazon and intel for example) for at least another few decades.

we can't stop automation, but we can sure as hell move to keep some of our manufacturing sector intact. what's better, being completely tied to China and Indonesia for our goods or being able to manufacture at least some of it locally?

have you forgotten about the whole "We need to stop being the world's police, start asking for compensation if we're going to throw our weight around, and stop being fuckwits about foreign relations" thing he was harping on about in regards to foreign policy?

the gun import ban is because of Russia hitting back against NATO. if you want to make things better in that regard, you need to reconsider the import bans since they're merely a part of the sanctions Obama placed on Russia.

how do you not get this?

>yeah sure, of course costs will go up. only for 5-10 years though, and in those 5-10 years americans will be given jobs and companies that produce shit outside of the US will be forced to invest into the US manufacturing sector if they can't stomach the tariffs.

So they will re-tool factories and hire staff to build things to escape tariffs when they're 4 years away from throwing off all the tariffs? I'm sure they can stomach some losses. They'll lose pretty hard for a few years but when the pendulum swings in the other direction they can and will gut the American factory and will lay off workers by the thousands. Or they'll just keep doing what they're doing, because the CEO's of those companies can handle a pay cut for a few years after years of doing well under Obama.

Starved asians might be cheaper than robots, but robots are cheaper than supporting the American middle class with factory jobs

>have you forgotten about the whole "We need to stop being the world's police, start asking for compensation if we're going to throw our weight around, and stop being fuckwits about foreign relations" thing he was harping on about in regards to foreign policy?

I was on board with that until he buddied up with Giuliani, Flynn, and Bolton.

I wonder how long it will take Trump supporters to realize the swamp draining isn't happening

The NRA will keep imports off of US soil. Tea stamps will keep over sea ARs at 3k

Yeah, and those are jobs regardless. I agree with you that we're not getting the old WW2 "stand next to a conveyor belt and do one thing for 8 hours" factory jobs back, but maintaining robots is better than not having jobs in that sector at all.

>So they will re-tool factories and hire staff to build things to escape tariffs when they're 4 years away from throwing off all the tariffs?
If it works as intended the next president in 8 years will have no incentive to take the tariffs off.

>They'll lose pretty hard for a few years but when the pendulum swings in the other direction
"when"

You do realize Trump was elected specifically because of the attitude of people like you, right? People are not happy with the current system and unless Trump becomes Bush 2.0 they are not going to swing back in 8 years.

>they can and will gut the American factory and will lay off workers by the thousands
That's not how investment works. The tariffs will not suddenly fly off in 4 years, and even if they did in almost all cases it would be more cost effective to keep the factories in place (have you seen how much shit like robotic arms cost?)

>because the CEO's of those companies can handle a pay cut
That's not how it works either. The CEO is paid to maximize profits, that's why they get thrown out when companies start performing badly.

I'm not one of those idiots who believes Trump will make everything perfect again (the last person who tried that was JFK), but I do believe Trump can help the economy in general and maybe loosen a bit of the laws in place to help people out.

>
I was saying that Trump has been talking about improving foreign relations. Not that he was going to drain the swamp.

go here.

Not sure if Import bans will be lifted.

But I do know he's gonna bring back the hundreds of thousands of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines that are still over in Korea.

It's happening, just not on HIS swamp. He's draining everyone else's and then buying it out and flipping it for a profit. Trump 101. Now people who want a nice cool mosquito infested swamp have to get on their knees to get into Donald's

well the NRA is encouraged by PRESIDENT TRUMP, so they are ready to lobby for everything Trump talked about during his campaign and NRAsupporters are ready to rally behind them. For the first time in my life I see gun rights about to go on a major offensive instead of playing defense and getting rights back.

I guess we'll see then. I'd honestly love to lose this argument and be proven horribly wrong, MAGA would obviously be the best outcome for all of us.

The biggest NRA supporters are the manufacturers though. What do they gain by foreign competition? We've had a Republican held house and Congress for a while now. It's not much defense play with the other team has 3 players and a coach that hates guns

I hope, but I don't think so

Suppressors, SBRs, and SBS removal from the NFA are easy grabs in my opinion though

user in first post is right tho. We need Supreme Court justices. Then we can strike down New York and Californias AWB through means of constitutionality, force ccw into those states and force compliance through cutting federal spending to states who don't play ball

Man, Trump isn't even in office yet and "conservatives" are salivating at the prospect of judicial activism and the federal government overriding state laws

Did this thread get moved here from int? Is that where unknown flags usually come from?

/k/

Please stop sending noguns retards to our board to gush about Trump