Wild Storm 12 Storytime

here we go

where's Gen13

gonna be kind of slow. internet is being spotty on me

well with a mystery character returning at the end of this issue probably closer chances

Honestly I just want my damn WildCATS book announced. Ellis teased it on a DC all access in November but no official announcement.

just give me Gen13 and DV8

what's so special about gen13? far as I understand its just cheesecake

it's the only time a teenage superhero group genuinely appealed to teenagers
it was fun, unadulterated fun
like everything Teen Titans or X-Men books ever tried being but not lame

I swear the 20teens are going to be remembered as the decade of the tacticool suit. They're everywhere in games, movies and comics, as the protective shell of fearful people.
Clearly the ultimate progression, the highest tech combat suit, would be a seamless muscular gymnast body worn over a soldier, oily and invisible to sensors.
And totally irrelevant in an era of 'extra-judicial' drone strikes from sub-orbit with supersonic rockets.
>Masumune Shirow did it better in the 80s

That's one attractive Yautja.

cool page

and you think they'll be able to replicate it?

apologies for the spotty internet. there are times where it's super fast and times where it's slow.

Grifter's acrobatics would put Dick Grayson to shame, holy shit.

honestly I really dig Grifter's new costume. It's a neat, close update to the original.

So you finish?

Dodgy internet he said.

I hope you mean DV8 as supporting and not their own series, because as interesting as it was to see the other side of the coin it was also just sort of dour and at times aimless.

What was the earliest Image comic I enjoyed in the Windstorm millieu? The last one was just named BlackOps and stared human unpowered possibly Russian mercy wearing tactical armor as far down front iron man as possible while still being comic book worthy.
Very Rogue Warrior Red Cell.

But what was the earliest?
That i enjoyed.
Team 7 covers. Not the actual comic book. But the covers.
Oh. Yeah. And DV8.

Why does that look like a cross between a predator and metal gear rex?

Why does it seem like Cash's team invades Pirate Queen's building but Pirate Queens building doesn't notice? Also who are we suppose to be rooting for who or what is The Wild Storm?

>Why does it seem like Cash's team invades Pirate Queen's building but Pirate Queens building doesn't notice?
There was something about communication silence , I'm barely following myself so I'm not sure if that was just a convenient coincidence or planned.

>Also who are we suppose to be rooting for who or what is The Wild Storm?
The gist I get is there's a lot of manipulation going on in general, but we can assume Cash and co. are acting to counter potential negative collateral fallout from all the keikaku piling up, good or bad.

Bendix seems so human and Astronaut girl and Robot Suit Gundum Girl seem so strange I really don't know who to vote for plus with all the characters getting so changed up for example why does Jackson King have to be a girl I am sorry a woman or female and not having powers how can anything good come from any of this? Looks like its about to turn into the most frustrating good guys shooting good guys by accident scenario. And all these poor science goons getting blasted in the face. They were just standing in a room minding their business. Holding guns though. And environmental suits. They weren't bothering anybody. Why do I get the impression they were about to do something horrible. I read the previous issues but ...

Bump for interest

We could discus sex and drugs. I means comics and cartoons. Whoops.

that is one of the dumbest things i have ever read. gen13, which i liked, was MASSIVELY derivative of old x men with a touch of teen titans, hell it's still obvious to see them as the future children of marvel characters they were rumored to began as, like youngblood began as a titans pitch.

I swear to god Mister Majestic better not be some unpowered punk. He needs to be the gamechanging "superman"

>hell it's still obvious to see them as the future children of marvel characters they were rumored to began as

Which ones?

This post gave me a mini head ache trying to come up with a synthesis
of the Michael Cray comics alt DC badguys contracted against Majestic's coda laisse faire attitude. Then trying to come up with enough differences between Majestic's monk like attitude and The Highs mountain statue impersonation. No.

salvaging this thread

Sheeeit

I KNEW that was a tracker and not incendiary Lynch put .

> DC badguys contracted against Majestic's coda laisse faire attitude.

I thought Majestic wasn't coda though.

Be patient. The first 12 issues have had to set up IO, Skywatch, The WILDC.A.T.S, Jenny Sparks, The Doctor and other characters im probably forgetting. Gen 13 are likley going to come once the world is set up.

Will there be survivors?

but where's Majestic

the rumor i always heard back in the day was that gen13 was a future x men team, with rainmaker as storm/forge, burnout as human torch/someone, grunge as absorbing man/titannia, with the others less certain.

It is nice that he gets to be the smartest guy in the room.

The security fuckup here is really, really terrible. Of course this means Ellis doesn't have to come up with a way for shit to go down as it does, and we don't have to sit through 80 pages of information security autism.