How would you fix RWBY?

How would you fix RWBY?

>Hard Mode: No cancelling.

In no particular order
> actually develop characters instead of rehashing the same "development" over and over.
> Kill off Blake
> Make a spinoff set in that great war that was referenced like season 2.
> Stop hiring good voice actors for bit parts.
> If a character has some sort of intrigue don't immediatly kill them.
> Improve the music, it's been a downward slope of quality from season 1
> Kill Blake
> Try capitalizing with some sort of game that is made by an actual developer.
> Stop with filler episodes, they are the source material, making filler episodes is a waste of everybody's time.

get a new fight choreographer

More best girl.

This times infinity gazillion billion

Never watched RWBY, know nothing about it except the MC seems like a qt
Give me a quick bogdown
Is it worth picking up?

the plot is a mess and the voice acting can be pretty bad, the action ranges from enjoyable to embarrassing, but the entire thing is free on youtube so if you're curious then go ahead and give it a try

adding to this, each episode is ~10 minutes long so you can watch all of volume 1 in about 2 hours

cheers m8

its a ok show and good to watch but people likes to overblow how bad it is its now a 100/100 but its still good

>the plot is a mess
how

The entirity of the first season could have been cut and you wouldn't have missed anything important, the over focus on JNPR, all characters being 1 note characters until season 3 where everything does a 180 and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

their art direction definitely has gotten better. those first two panels are so damn bright on the eyes

its a 5/10, not the best but at least there is heart in it

Hire better voice actors

I liked the intensity on V3's eyes, they're so bland and flat now

* Bring Back Honorary Canadian Citizen Pyrrha (e.g.: She was resurrected by Salem after Cinder's death, or whatever)
* Kill Qrow (and Vic Mangina's contract)
* Better writers (Miles and Kerry are utter shyte)
* Better Fight choreographer
* Better Director
* Beach/Hot Springs Episode (RT denied this request by the folks handling the Japanese Side of things)
* Standardized Episode Length
* More Barbara Dunkleman Puns.

>Beach/Hot Springs Episode

>bringing Pyrrha back
>dumb anime fanservice
>actually wanting more Barbara
Terrible taste

-Work with the VAs for better quality voice acting
- Get a better fight choreographer. Seriously this one is big. One of the few redeeming parts of Volumes 1/2 was the fights and they were great in 3 as well. So many fights in volumes 4/5 have been slow, clunky, and awkward. It must have something to do with switching the software they make the show with now that I think about it since they switched in Volume 4. Something needs to be done though.
-Focus on world building and environments. We spent most of last volume holed up in one house which was awful, even if the character development did need to happen.
-Even more graphical/animation improvements

literally just
>kill blake
would be a massive improvement.

>but at least there is heart in it
y'know, I find that to be one of the best indicators of whether or not I'll personally like something, regardless of its overall quality.

That’s one thing I always bring up when I recommend it to people. That they have to keep in mind it’s being made by a bunch of scrappy newbies on a low budget who are putting their heart and soul into the series. Even in earlier seasons when it looked shitty, you can still tell they were trying their best with what they had. I think it’s charming and admirable. And also impressive to see how far they’ve come.

Serious answer
Roman and Cinder should have been the real badguys, or at least the seconds for a human enemy like them but more so. Salem is a mistake.

Meme answer
Ruby and Weiss need to hatefuck while Yang masturbates watching them in hiding.

Roman had potential. I really hate the way they killed him off. One of my biggest grievances with the series. Don’t know if Neo will even come back at this point.

Bring back Monty's dead corpse and put it to animate. Get rid of that shit rwby chino abomination. And suck more Japanese cock, because they are the living embodiment of shit taste.

Page one rewrite?

Remove the scythes they are too hard animate decently in a fight.
Have some type of way to train the sliver eyes.
Bring back the mocap.
They should bring in some other artists.

>Remove the scythes they are too hard animate decently in a fight.

You're my hero, senpai. I wish you got hired

Pretty sure they still use mocap

RWBY could have shittiest story and characters, but I'd still watch if it at least have good fights.

>Fix
I'd watch a generic anime show.

Any one of them. RWBY is special because of it's flaws.

>get an actual fight choreographer

ftfy

Ew, jaune

I'm still genuinely baffled by the people who want to "fix" RWBY.

It was made by a failure of an animator and two writers who specialized hard in fucking comedy.

Monty may not appear like a failure but it has to be understood that when Rooster Teeth picked him up he had washed out of two separate companies that tried to bring him into the big boy league and Miles and Kerry had only written distinctly Western comedy.

Monty wanted to make generic ass anime and due to a cluster fuck of a production process created a distinct in his failure at generic series.

>Don’t know if Neo will even come back at this point.

Supposedly Neo was a last minute addition by Monty as a deus-ex-machina way for Roman to escape Team RWBY during that fight.

And like Velvet, she became a fan favorite and was subsequently given more screen time.

>Bring monty back from the dead
>Have more than 4 different areas modeled so that scenes can take place in more diverse locations (fuck that goddamn living room man)
>cut back on the bullshit lore (no gods, no relics, and fuck that silver eye shit)

Spot on. I would add killing Blake to that list, though.

barefoot futa Neo

Reboot it.
Maya from the start.
Fire Miles and Kerry.
Ditch the Maiden shit.
Come up with a streamlined magic system that has some fucking sense behind it.

Cinder takes on more of a Kefka-like role. You're led to believe that Salem is the big bad and Cinder is just a lackey, but then half way through the series, Cinder gets the upper hand and becomes much worse, and much more dangerous than Salem ever was.
You know, instead of Cinder just being a complete jobber who's biggest lasting accomplishment was killing a teenage girl, a feat she failed to replicate a second time because she's needlessly smug.

Team RWBY and JNPR are still friends, but also rivals. Rather than have Pyrrha bite the dust so the rest of JNPR gets absorbed into team RWBY's shit, JNPR is the team that goes off to have an adventure of their own off screen, occasionally running into RWBY and banding together for big hunt marks.
JNPR become the big famous hunter team in the end instead of RWBY, because RWBY were operating in the shadows for Ozpin while JNPR were out...You know, just being Huntsmen.

Yang becomes Glynda's teenage lesbian lover, and they both take turns as the dom.

Blake is 99% less shitty

Ruby is allowed to actually develop and grow.

Weiss doesn't spend 50+% of any given volume as some kind of prisoner, be it metaphorically or literally.

Neo was made because he got inspired by a genderbent Roman Torchwick cosplay, and decided that Roman needed a right hand woman, a bodyguard, thus came the creation of Neo

I dont hate it, but I'm not loving it either

A lot of these fixes just make it more like other anime.

>You're led to believe that Salem is the big bad and Cinder is just a lackey, but then half way through the series, Cinder gets the upper hand and becomes much worse, and much more dangerous than Salem ever was.
bleh

fund it

draw it better

RTs biggest problem is how friendly and close their top staff are. How are you gonna tell your best friend his writing is shit and his animation is janky? The best way to fix RWBY is to hire someone with balls and someone with motivation.

Replace M&K with Bendis.

draw?

At first I wanted to see Weiss in Ballet Boots, but now I'm thinking heelless heels.

Not gonna lie those are ugly as hell.

What you all said wanted professional writers.

Why would you prefer those over ballet boots? Those remove the best part while the former makes it more prominent.

>kill blake
>kill blake
>kill blake
I'm sorry, but what did she do again? I seem to have forgotten.

Heelless heels are ugly and only good for if you're cosplaying as something with hooves

Took up a lot of time with her really badly handled faunus racism plot

Either resurrect Monty or hire some new good fight choreographers/animators, whichever is easier. Why'd they let that one freelance guy who worked on 3 go, he was good.
Have Miles and Kerry take some more writing courses or something. I dont think they need to be replaced since Monty personally chose them, but everyone could use some improvement.
The VAs started pretty shitty, but I think they've improved quite a bit from volume 1 at least. But for the love of god please make Ruby's voice less squeaky, it keeps getting higher and higher pitched by volume 7 only dogs will hear her.

Bring back Dillon

with them there computers

The later seasons would be improved so much if they didn't feel the need to stretch out a 5 episode story for 14 episodes.

Beyond redemption. Delet everything and go back to the drawingboard with the quintessencial characters and aspects: RWBY, guns&magic, monsters&lesbians chorégraphie&style.

>Beach/Hot Springs Episode
You know they'd just be in their regular outfits the whole time, so they didn't have to make new models, right?

>Ruby has a mental breakdown that awakens her silver eye powers. Her mental breakdown: Tai-Yang and Qrow die. Yang is mortally wounded.
>Blake loses an eye.
>Winter is killed by Salem in front of Weiss, which leads to Weiss having actual motivation for fighting against Salem.
>Atlas actually pushes Salem's shit in because its a HIGHLY MILITARIZED KINGDOM.
>Cinder survives and seeks revenge on Raven.
>Roman is revealed to have survived from being eaten by a nevermore, but is now a cyborg. Neo's absence is explained by way of her nursing him back to health. Neo is also the only other person that knows Raven is the spring maiden. Neo doesn't tell Roman on purpose.
>Get team blue to make a RWBY fighting game, not just cross it over with Blazblue.
>Make a hardcore FPS that is as violent as DOOM set before the great war.
>Commit RWBY to being fully adult in tone rather than keeping it toned down. Actual blood is shown from the characters in battle at times.

sounds edgy as fuck

burn everything

Resurrect dead on Jupiter

More Nora.
More Neo.
More Coco.
Boom, series suddenly loses all flaws and becomes perfect.

> t, but who unironically thinks Greenday and My Chemical Romance are philosophical.

>Ruby, a Maiden who failed her Call
>Weiss, a Girl rebelling against her World
>Blake, an Idealist robbed of Hope
>Yang, a Sister who paid the Cost

>Ruby, why are we still here?
>Salem already sent us to hell, but we're going to go even further!
>The World called for wet-work and threw in on us!
>Yang, I'm already a monster.

Meh, might be cool. Team NGST.

waifubait doesn’t fix the series

Have the Faunus racism actually handled like actual racism instead of whatever halfassed crap is going on right now. The whole thing is just severely sanitized despite taking place in a world where negative emotions ring dinner bells for eldritch abominations. It even provides a decent backdrop/motivation for everything since the Faunus mad at being oppressed might be culled off by humans that don’t want a bunch of angry oppressed people attracting monsters. Adam the edgehog can stay how he is but they really need to actually show other aspects of the white fang like the secret meeting being behind a free clinic they setup or something.
Torchwick and Pennie should have totallly survived fall of beacon and gone on adventures together with neo with inspiration taken from the original Pinocchio take where torchwick and Pennie were best friends. By the end of it if torchwick dies he can gauge that same sad monologue he had in the book. Pennie goes back to her dad who was distraught over the events and helping build whatshisface’s machine army for revenge against the Faunus.

More emerald.

Better choreography and fight/action animations.
Oz being the shota’s shoulder devil wingman as they argue over whether or not to seduce ruby.
I’m sure there’s more but this was from the top of my head.

resurrect Monty.

>kill of Blake
Why though? She’s the only one who’s got an interesting story in this whole show. Just kill off yang or get actual va’s who know what they’re doing. Except for weiss’s and Blake’s because they can actually act

>115120▶
>How would you fix RWBY?
Make Jaune the main character like pic related.

>Named Weiss
>Winter
>Literally white
>Becoming darker

>at least there is heart in it
Maybe at first, this shit is cynical as fuck.

> Kill Blake
> Have Adam be an actual threat and not some edgy fag
> Stop with the SUPER high pitched Ruby voice...give her some actual development
>Give antagonists good reasons for joining Salem. (Hazel's character was ruined with that bullshit backstory and Cinder is just MUH POWA?! Come on....)

V3 is objectively the best Volume and the only one you can actually go "Yeah, this is actually a good show" for. It also only happened because after Monty died, everyone worked at like triple capacity to make sure it was good. Like, animators would be there for 30 hours straight "for Monty". So the solution is that every year, we kill one of Miles, Kerry, Gray. Then you move on to RWBY actresses.

Go 2D.
Rename it Neo's everyday life.
Kill Blake.

How does one determine the fan favorite? The one who's most marysue?

No more of that offscreen victory bullshit. Let the bad guys be threatening. Have the faunus experience actual visible racism.

>friendly
They’re a bunch of drunk douchenozzles from what I see. You don’t have to worry about that part.

>Have the faunus experience actual visible racism.

Nobody give any Faunus scum a dictionary.

>Nobody give any Faunus scum a dictionary.
Can they even read?

Is that why the fight choreography sucked?

>Snow doesn't get dirty after it sits around a couple days.

This. This is the main reason volumes 4 and 5 were so meh. Without the action of the first three volumes it just becomes a show with mediocre but sometimes funny writing.

V3 still had the two most innovative/interesting endings to a fight the series has had. Ruby opening Neos parasol and Cinder reforming the arrow around Pyrrhas shield were great.

That's inventive prop/power use, though. The actual choreography was a huge step down.

I accepted the decrease in choreography as for once I was actually emotionally invested in the fights from Penny/Pyrrha until the end.

Cinder/Ozpin was like 20 seconds and a fancy light show, didn't stop me being hyped up for it.

looking at this thread im glad you idiots dont make anything

you can't fix what's not broken. it was specifically designed to be garbage and it's succeeding

I didn't like any of the series, but fair enough. I can respect that opinion.

Monty had a bad show with lame ideas but decent choreography.
V3 had some good ideas mostly handled poorly with a few exceptions and kinda bad fight choreography.
V4/5 is just complete shit.

Usually how these threads go

>More Barb

No