Gaara should have won

Gaara should have won

Wait they actually made him lose? He was a fucking Jinchruikki! A literal living embodiment of sand!

His base speed alone simply from being a Naruto character should be enough to speed blitz Toph.

I don't even remember why he lost. Haven't watched that video in years and I'm not going to watch it ever again.

You're entering the mind-space of man-children which give Link Matrix Revolutions style parkour just because it appeals to their infantile sense of aesthetics and you're seeking their authority on the retarded field of power scaling?

Well, I guess three rights make a left.

reminder that shit like this is for literal turbo autists

>"I'm not ready to be a shishkebab just yet!"
>just yet

what did she mean by this

They reasoned Toph's metal bending would protect her from the sand coffin, and that gaara being covered in sand would mean Toph would always know where he is

Bitch can't even see the earth if she's 10 feet in the air. She judges trajectories based on the origin and movements of those who launched the projectile. How's she gonna know where floaty mcfuckgravity is floating?

>hide thread

I ain’t dealing with this shit.

Gaara would crush Toph with his sand before she knew what was happening.

One of those avatar trivia pop up things outright stated in one episode toph can still sense earth even if its not touching the ground

How would a thin sheet of metal stop Gaara from crushing her? That never made any sense. Towards the end of the fight, she somehow forces Gaara to start blocking her attacks. Gaara's sand stopped protecting him for some reason.

And she somehow gets close enough to Gaara to kill him. His reaction time should be fast enough to stop her from ever getting that close.

Was she ever shown to react to anything as fast as Gaara's attacks?

He tried this, she covered herself in metal to protect herself.

yeah, they gave her the metal cable she used as an adult policewoman, but didnt give Gaara Shukaku.
They basically pitted toph at her strongest against gaara at his weakest

Gaara was still extremely powerful without Shukaku and his best feats are after he loses it. His dad even confuses him with it because that's how strong he is.

And in two dozen episodes where she was riding Appa prove that that's someone talking out of their ass. Or that she can "sense the earth" in the same way that I can "sense a nipple" through an inch of fogged glass that's been scrambled on one of them old cable encryptions.

Yeah, fuck Toph.

>Gaara
>Anything but a mage
Just put some tanks in front of him and let him do what he does best

how's she gonna sense him hovering on his sand cloud? Doesn't she see with her feet?

>come to Sup Forums
>Gaara should have won
>"Oh shit, I mustve clicked on Sup Forums by mistake!"
>Checks
>still in Sup Forums

Fuck you, OP. Toph FTW.

Tat is a anime only shit character that is capable of fighting 8 Gates Lee because he got special breathing.

In the novel version of the Boruto movie, his taijutsu skills are said to be comparable to Naruto and Sasuke's

A guy who never had to run or dodge or punch is good as specialized people who trained for it there whole life what????

Maybe he trains just in case someone is able to counter his sand

let that alone, why didnt Gaara not use a kagebunshin?

Screw attack is based as fuck. They always do that shit.

>his taijutsu skills are said to be comparable to Naruto and Sasuke's
This doesn't even make sense, because Naruto's taijutsu has --never-- been on Sasuke's level.

Is this supposed to be impressive? Do you think Toph would have difficulty dealing with this?

Naruto isn't as good as Sasuke, but the difference in skill isn't that big. Kinda sad that Frog Kata wasn't shown more.

>Use kid Toph
>Girl who got easily caught off guard by the Dai Lee
>Girl who has trouble seeing on sand
>Somehow beats a super powerful ninja master that has other wacky magic on top of his auto defense / offense sand powers

Yeah that was probably the worst match in terms of bullshit results they gave

Some bonus commentary on the DVDs say that Toph can sense anything earth even if it is in the air

Still doesn't mean she should have won of course since Garra could fuck up her day a ton of other ways

It's not that big, but it's certainly there. If this novel says Naruto and Sasuke are comparable, then by extension saying Gaara is comparable doesn't amount to much, because it's clear they're not being super accurate.

>caring about death battle
Autists being mad at other autists

>they said 10000 is close to 9500, but 10000 is bigger than 9500 so they're retarded and if they're saying x is close to 9500. then we can't assume that x isn't also close to 8 because they're "not being super accurate"

Ah, the mental gymnastics of a powerlevel fag where minutia is both of ultimate importance and completely irrelevant as suits their whim.

Why didn't Gaara just throw a kunai at Toph's face?

He probably doesn't carry any? It's not like he'd need them to destroy Toph. Their speed, reaction time and strength are too far apart.

Isn't sand explicitly stated to be one of her weaknesses though since it makes her Earthsense "all fuzzy"

It doesn't matter. Before Toph even considers to cover herself, she'd be crushed. If Gaara's sand can catch up to Deidara while he's flying around like a jet than a stationary blind little girl will be blitzed to shit.

If you really want to get to the nit and gritty you'd have to realize that the novels aren't canon. Neither is that scene of Gaara "training" his taijutsu.

Canonically speaking, Sasuke is better than Naruto at taijutsu, and both of them are leaps and fucking bounds better than Gaara. To even imply that Gaara is in the same ballpark as Sasuke is to imply that Gaara became one of the best taijutsu users in the world in a few short years.

Work on your reading comprehension, newfriend.

>imply that Gaara became one of the best taijutsu users in the world in a few short years.
Not that user but he's from a magic ninja universe where the kid that was at the bottom of the class was able to go from being unable to make a single magic clone to being able to make an army of them after one night, plus he's the leader of his village, implying he can't defend himself physically at all is retarded

That doesn't even make sense.

Gaara having basic taijutsu capabilities wouldn't make him on par with Naruto or Sasuke. Him having even kage-tier taijutsu wouldn't make him on par with Naruto or Sasuke.

Anybody who says Toph would win, is waifu fagging. Gaara is so ridiculously OP, that to say Toph would win is fucking laughable.

I was surprised by the outcome, honestly. Death battle's been wrong, but they aren't usually THIS wrong.

They haven't been this wrong since Doomguy VS Master Chief

It does not make sense but I clearly remember times she was intercepting those airborne flaming boulders launched from an enemy ship across open water, so...

Gaara would win but not for the reasons the retards in this thread are coming up with.

Like this shit is retarded. Toph is also in a martial arts anime, she does not have slow reflexes. You kids are stupid as fuck.

Toph literally shrugs off kunai thrown at her face, canonically, on-screen. Who let the middle schoolers in here?

When did that happen?

Didn't Gaara turn an entire forest into a desert in just a few seconds against Kimimaro? that move alone would put him at a hude advantage vs toph.

Were they charged with energy to further reinforce it's sharpness and projectile speed? Did she survive a pointblank explosion to the fact?

Did I say she has slow reflexes? She just can't react to most of the cast in Naruto. Beginning of P2 Gaara could catch a Deidara zipping around like a little jet. When has Toph EVER reacted to ANYTHING remotely as fast as that? Literally never.

>stupid as fuck
Calm yourself.

>can hold up a metorite
>can't crush a suit of metal armor
>can't even suffocate her
Interesting

Toph is cuter, so by the weeb logic she had to win.

A smelly little girl that refuses to wear shoes and wash her feet is not cute. Its disgusting.

b-but she dodged sorta fast rocks a few times!

Naruto started off pretty bad but Sasuke needs a bs sharringan power up to do what naruto can find a way to imitate even as far back as the chuunin exams while sealed. Plus naruto started hanging around the beautiful green beast of konoha for training since kakashi liked to ignore his non Sasuke students.
Sasuke has kinda been inferior to naruto in a lot of aspects for a while. Even back in the first few chapters he lost to naruto doing a sneak attack via kage bushin. The whole reason Sasuke went traitor in the first place was him realizing that he was on track to being the Sakura of the group.
Sasuke may reasonably be better at h2h now but he only really manages it due to having a built in aimbot.

She's shown to have basically mastered sandbending by the end of the series. It's still bullshit.

I'd be surprised if Toph lasted a minute

it's like... did DB even watch any of gaara's fights before they did this match-up? or did they just skim a wikipedia summary of his abilities

That ass whuppin Rock Lee gave him seems like a reasonable amount of motivation.

They wanted Toph to win. Otherwise they wouldn’t have had garaa crushed by his own sand when the sand on his body is explicitly powered by his mom’s spirit which would have negated any control toph might exert upon it.

Nobody cares man.

Considering that Toph has never been able to touch Azula

but she has slow reflexes in comparison to Naruto Ninjas

speed wise
Toph < Azula < Lee < Gaara's sand

>They Didn't know Gaara had Magnet Release like his Daddy
>Failed to understand that Gold Dust would have barely any impurities due to it's incredibly small size
>"Wrapping metal wire around yourself turns it into armor lol!"
>Just because she can sense it in no way means that Toph has enough reaction speed to be able to stop subsonic projectiles
>Being able to bend sand on a beach is the exact same thing as being able to bend constantly moving sand that is under someone else's power

They just flat out didn't wanna show a little girl getting killed on their show.
which makes you wonder why the fuck they'd even do the fucking matchup in the first place?

Hey, I dont make fun of your fetishes!

I've just watched it.
Jesus, is the dialogue in this shit cringeworthy, how can anyone unironically watch this, let alone care about the outcomes?

>maintain your breathing
>while giving lectures
>during a fight
Glad I never watched whatever this shit is.

I wonder how DB is going to justify Jotaro beating Kenshiro.

It's
>Death Battle

Doesn't Gaara wear a sand armor all the time?
What's preventing Toph from crushing him with his own armor the second the battle starts?

Rock Lee had to fucking run at the speed of light to penetrate his shield. Unless Toph could throw rocks at that speed of course he should've won.

Kankuro said Gaara only uses it when he's pressured because it drains his chakra. I doubt Toph could change chakra-infused sand controlled by another into stone from a distance, anyways.

>Toph would always know where he is

The Ninja can literally move fast as fuck. There is no way Toph would be able to track Gaara

Scout should've beat Tracer. That slut only has her unstable time gimmick, while my man Jeremy is the fastest and strongest in the whole game.

This is Goku vs. Superman all over again. Feats don't matter to Screwattack, they'll just use mental gymnastics and retarded logic to justify the result they think it fits best.
Like, it doesn't matter that Gaara attacks at supersonic+ speeds and can tank forces greater than anything Toph can throw at him,
for them Toph wins because "there's no way a character that controls only sand could beat a character that can controls every mineral!" or some shit like that.

>metal bending

Hold my sake.

Garra can bend one metal: gold.
Meanwhile Toph can bend all metal.
Toph > Garrra

K.O!

Dunno, Gaara did some flashy stuff but it's really only like dangling a keychain in front of a bunch of weeaboos. Especially when fighting against someone who can easily dodge it

Very quickly, the outcome would not depend on who is faster but on who can last longer.

just sand coffin her feet lmao

I dunno man, the posters here seem to care. Besides, it's fun to argue powerlevels sometimes. Different strokes for different folks, you know?

Gaara would last longer. He went through most of the fucking war fighting extremely powerful people continuously, including fucking Madara.

They seem to be under the impression that she can control any earth/sand/metal and override the control of anyone else. Sure, if you assume she can completely overpower Gaara’s control, then of course she’d win. But there was no justification for Toph being able to overpower Gaara’s mom, Gaara himself, and then make it into an attack that would kill him. It’s silly.

>Or that she can "sense the earth" in the same way that I can "sense a nipple" through an inch of fogged glass that's been scrambled on one of them old cable encryptions.
I see another master of tiddy.

Isn't like 90% of Gaara's power from a fucking demon?

The Problem with this matchup is they didn't show their working out.

They used Toph as a child but took her at her height of her power.

Now I have no idea if Toph was stronger than Bumi at her height, but Bumi showed almost no limit to the weight of earth he could bend and was limited mostly to his imagination.

Bumi would have made Gaara choke on a thousand crystal dicks.

watch
and tell me, do you really believe Toph or Bumi could handle that
maybe if they're lucky they'll last 20 seconds

Bumi launched at least 30 ton solid rocks down slopes and sent them them flying like runaway trams by wiggling his nose.

Bumi would slap Gaara's shit.

>thinking rocks could penetrate Gaara's defences
yeah right
I was being generous giving him 20 seconds, he'd be blitzed in the first 5 seconds 10/10 times

In P1 it was definitely helping him. But in P2, as he’s portrayed here, the demon is gone but he’s arguably stronger given his feats.

Dude.

We've seen bumi casually throw about tons of rock like it was nothing.

Gaara's biggest feat of strength is holding up a big rock.

That is what Bumi does, hold up big rocks.

>Gaara tries to blitz Bumi
>Bumi just smacks his shit in with his bare hands.

Bumi was a fucking beast

>We've seen bumi casually throw about tons of rock like it was nothing
Bumi's bending is literally Genin-tier compared to Kage-level techniques
he isn't getting close to touching Gaara
meanwhile I still haven't seen a reason why Gaara's sand wouldn't catch Bumi in the first half second and crush him the next

true, but before deathbattle, we had VS. on machinima, and that shit was merely voting who the winner would be

Think Bumi would be able to tank a bomb that would turn his city into a crater?

Garra managed to

Naruto cast and Avatar cast (excluding the Avatar possibly) are on just way different power levels by the endgame

Stopping a meteor, even with Onoki's help, defeats all of Bumi's feats.

Because Gaara isn't actually that fast, and you just think he is fast because weebshit?

Bumi meanwhile can both bunch the shit out of people while flinging rocks at the same time.

Not really.

We've not seen a single instance of Bumi straining to lift anything.

>Garra not fast
>His sand was blocking / shielding against fucking Rock Lee who moved at crazy ass speed
>or just the general ninja speed that everyone seems to do anyway
>or substitution bullshit that everyone seems to do

He stopped one of A's kicks and at that point in the series, A was the fastest living ninja.

>Everyone is moving really fast guys!
>All they do is little hops like a sparrow that don't actually look that fast

Yes, you are starting to realize Naruto is Japanese Harry potter, not actual ninjas.

There is literally no one in Avatar that can even hope to tag part 1 Rock Lee.