You slowly realized there isn't and probably won't be a young adult comic about a black guy that you will enjoy for a...

>you slowly realized there isn't and probably won't be a young adult comic about a black guy that you will enjoy for a long while.

>Not reading Sideways
laddie

Static will probably make a comeback thanks to Black Panthers success. If there is a God he'll probably even have a decent writer and DC will make another TV show.

Are the Milestone rights unfucked?

Not coincidentally, Dwayne McDuffee is dead, Aaron McGruder is AWOL, and Chris Priest is still an uncompromising motherfucker.

Not enough to release anything. Last I heard Hudlin was doing that.

Yeah no. I'd rather Static remain in limbo forever than Hudlin be involved.

>you slowly realized there isn't and probably won't be a young adult comic about a black guy that you will enjoy for a long while.
Most likely because of the loud discussions of politics about it

Can't think of white ones either. How are asians doing?

>thanks to Black Panthers success.
How many black characters can they sell? Blade is still a thing? I think Cage and Black Panther will be the only who survive

Oustide of Anime, it's looking pretty thin. New Superman is about it. It sells like garbage, and was shut out of awards nominations last I checked.

>>you've known for years that there isn't and probably won't be a young adult comic about anyone that you will enjoy for a long while
FTFY

>posting picture of Miles
You ruined the fucking catalog, faggot.

No, McDuffee's widow is suing and that hasn't been resolved; her case should be good based on what's been reported, per various legal folks who have weighed in on industry reports.

So why isn't Cyborg in this conversation?

There's way more things than New Super Man

>So why isn't Cyborg in this conversation?
Because nobody gives a FUCK about cyborg.

>There's way more things than New Super Man
Like?

He isn't black! Fagget.

Young Justice's comeback might give Static a good push back into the spotlight. But that also might be just deluded wishful thinking since he might not get a lot of screentime anyway.

>Aaron McGruder is AWOL

No he isn't.
>In August 2017, it was announced that McGruder, along with producer Will Packer, will develop a series for Amazon Video called Black America which will be based on an alternative history where emancipated black Americans receive 3 Southern states as reparations for slavery.

>no cool comics about middle aged Malay men

Make it.

dcs pretty good with diversity, blue beetle and the red guy are pretty cool so if static shock makes a comeback I think hell be likeable

as long as its not by marvel I think skin color isnt an issue and ya just gotta wait for a new hero to come out since DC doesnt tarnish the legacy of the old ones for the sake of diversity

Red lion is a rip off from black panther. And blue beetle haven't been storytime or mention in a while.

I'll be watching this.

>This thread

Blue Beetle is still going, but it's probably getting canned soon.

Bitch, I just want a comic that I enjoy, I'm not picky about what the fuck is in it at this point.

most black characters that ive seen come off as stoich straight guy types so unfortunately

>thanks to Black Panthers success
We know that milestone is coming back since the last year.

the idea of a young blade roaming the world killing vampires doesn't sound like a bad idea

Hudlin's writing it.

>dcs pretty good with diversity
Mate what the fuck, I get that it's trendy to hate on Marvel and that people have different tastes, but DC is famously bad at it, they barely have *any* diversity and they're mostly crutches of white heroes.

Their new Diverse heroes are actually pretty good tho

They're literally ripoffs of Marvel characters. And don't say "done right" because said Marvel characters they ripped off have had decades of development and good/bad stories along the way, so it's not like they're trying new ground here.

>when they don't get to have personality because the creator Is scared of accusations

don't take this the wrong way but it's almost like they should have more black editors and writers on staff, just a thought

Wasn't talking about the Dark Metal heroes.

Wonder Woman was successful and she still doesn't have her own show or new comics.

Snipes is all up for bringing Blade back.

>will develop a series for Amazon Video called Black America which will be based on an alternative history where emancipated black Americans receive 3 Southern states as reparations for slavery.
So what, is it going to be three episodes long?
Because if what happened in Tulsa is any indicator then that's a real short story to be told.