Flash fans are stupid

Flash fans are stupid.

>lol Im smart because a character with tiddies can do anythin

It seems Batman's Mary Sue qualities are transferrable. Catwomen has beaten fucking Cheetah.

And of course Batman stabbed Reverse Flash in the foot, because lol phasing everything but feet, because that is how it totes work.

This guy drive dodgem cars for a living? Cause he's really good at dodging the question.

King is stupid.

who's reading Batman in 2018 besides idiots

>Can you explain to me how Catwoman managed to defeat Bane?
>I can't. Or I won't. Or I didn't.

Itd better than superman till based bendis kills off kon brings back the trunks and makes kal el great again

I'm reading Deathstroke and Green Arrow. Couldn't care less about any other capeshit DC is pushing right now.

Okay so DC fans are fucking retarded in general then, good to know.

Also King should’ve killed himself a long time ago. How does that wreck of a man go through his days without jumping off the nearest building?

Ivy doesn’t know how to use the Flashes very well. It’s also why Batman was able to get the upperhand on Superman by whistling. Batman literally explains this.

You fucking idiots.

>getting mad about Batwank in a Batman comic

>You fucking idiots.
Tom King is shit.

Catwank.

at least King tried to handwave it

bruh you don't have to use the flashes "well" they move faster than the speed of sound and they're all attacking her at once, all it takes is one punch

As terrible as the King written Batman book is, it is nice to see King himself validating everything I have ever said about him. The story is following the exact same formula both the I am suicide and I am Bane followed. Batman and Catwoman concoct a secret plan that involves getting the Cat alone with the villain so that she can one shot them, while Batman act as a distraction for both the enemies and the readers. Catwoman continues acting as King's mouthpiece for voicing his utter disdain and hate for the concept and idea of Batman, and is becoming even more of a mary sue.

>all it takes is one punch
I didn't know all the Flashes have a glass jaw

Kudos to King for not trying to fix or adding to the work through Twitter posts.

At this point I really don't recognize these characters anymore. I'm really dreading what he's going to do to Joker next.

What the fuck man? I’m a casual Flashfag and I just chalk it up to Ivy can’t control the speed force and fucking everyone else on the planet at the same time all that well. Mind controlled characters are never 100%

She was able to use the Flash just fine when he raced across the country and through cities in order to stop Batman from punching Alfred. She was able to do that in the blink of an eye, avoiding obstacles the entire way. Then she sent three of them at once after Batman and Catwoman. It shouldn’t matter that she’s not using them to their fullest capabilities. Even using them to 1% of their capabilities should more than enough to take down a couple of humans. It’s already established that she can somehow navigate them around faster than her own perception.

The Superman thing doesn’t really work either. He has to filter out some sound or he’d be hearing stuff across the world. So for him to not filter out Batman’s whistle is retarded. Not to mention his eardrums should be super durable as well.

Ivy should not be able to control a Green Lantern full stop.

The power of waifus

In the previous issue Ivy showed that she control Flashes well enough to make use of their speed at least to some extent. It should be waaaaaay enough. Don't make excuses for this abomination of the run, it's jamming square pegs into round holes in every issue.

>punching Alfred
Don't even fucking remind me. That is the actual point at which I decided I won't bother with this run anymore.

She had him just run in front of a punch, nothing all that special, in fact, that’s exactly how Cat took the all down.

I for one can't wait for brooding angry Joker.

Oh, you're baiting. Never mind then, have a nice day buddy.

i meant it takes one punch to take down selina

>MY SPINE
>MY ONLY WEAKNESS

>implying

King is an idiot and people like him are why Batwank is still a thing, and why essentially this is the actual correct answer.

King maybe a good writer but that doesn't mean he can write everything. For all I know, since I've never read either, Vision and Omega Men really are that good, but things like this and other things of is I've seen simply in story-time are proof that he can't write everything.

And there's nothing wrong with that, save for threads like this.

Meh, normally I'd like triggering powerlevelfags but his writing is so awful that I just... can't.

King is Shit.

Cringe

Yea this sounds healthy. You autistic freaks didn't do this for Snyder, wonder what the difference is...

King >> Shit >> Synder >> shit.

Right? I cringe at how nerds try to justify obvious fanservice.

Nah it's just some sheltered Norman Bates shit that that's your subconscious. Catwoman as a character comes down to "t-tiddies." Go wank one and stalk your neighbor a bit on social media and read it again. You may dig it when you're not so worked up.

He writes nonsensical garbage. The humor is awful and the story build ups are just as stupid. This isn't the 1960's this type of story telling doesn't work for Batman. I'm not saying King can't work on other books but he is a horrible Batman writer. Evident by the fact that his best book in the run so far was about Kite Man and had nothing to do with Batman. The only thing still keeping me interested in this garbage is the art.

>Nonsensical
Cute! You thought that sounded clever, aww. Now say how. How is it "nonsensical?"

Also if you're too cool for silver age hijinks you're too cool for comics, sport. Stick with the Nolan flicks.

Stop trying to sound like you belong here, tumblr. It's cringey.

Batman just doesnt work on the mainline DC universe, he is a character that just works well in his own contained stories in alternate universes.

This. Here we are anti-intellectual and proud. It's just the extreme Sup Forums way, bro guess you can't handle it.

I hate unpowered characters. Not because they are inherently shitty, but because writers seem to always slip into this hyper competent sneering bullshit, while all the people with powers become drilling retards. Did you know that Flash is a CSI? That Superman is supposed to be a genius? That nearly all the Justice League are capable strategists and planners in their own right? Not when fucking Batman is around.

I mean if he doesn't want to phase through the floor, yeah.

How is pointing out bad writing “anti-intellectual”? King does good work but he’s not some flawless god of writing. Everyone knows the justification for it in the book but it IS retarded.

>becomes condescending when his work is indefensible

Predictable. Everyone read the book, King. They’re familiar with your justification. It’s just that it’s wank, just like your entire run.

So how do they pass through walls? They can't keep the soles of their feet unphased because they wouldn't go through the wall with them. So that means they should fall into the earth then whenever they do a full body phase. Except they don't.

And that still leaves the bullshit that is him looking right at Batman while he pulled out his Batrang and went to stab his foot. He is a speedster. A normal person would gave reacted in time to move, at least a little. He got stabbed right in the foot by then.

I don't think this is rooted in reason, I'm sorry.
>lol Im smart because a character with tiddies can do anythin

It's comics. The strange and fantastic happens, it's not realistic, it's not a Nolan film. It is very silver agey and that's ok.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tom King’s writing. The dialogue is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Batman Mythos most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Batman’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Biblical literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these narratives, to realise that they’re not just well written- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Catwoman truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the emotions in Batman and Catwoman’s existential conversation “Bat Cat, Bat Cat,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Brian Michael Bendis’ epic Ultimate Spider-man. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tom King’s genius storytelling unfolds itself on their comic pages. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Batman & Catwoman tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

He works fine in the dc universe. The problem is he works badly in combat situations and anyone with half a brain would shoot him first to avoid batwank.
The other problem is they pretend the plot armor isn’t real. So why is Barbados giving Batman plot armor still after the events of metal? I didn’t read all of it but he really shouldn’t still have it.

Many of the Silver Age stories can't be taken seriously nowadays. King expects the reader to take his stories seriously, though.

>tfw Hal Jordan fan

He does? What makes you say that?

Also what does that mean, "Silver age stories can't be taken seriously" ?

As in; they are too outlandish therefore not gritty cool? Not made for a movie? The medium is print, it does things no other medium can do.

Continuity autists seem to be the most triggered. It's not some Grand statement on the Flash, but honestly a standard silver age story, mind control. King having some buzz or reputation really upsets people it seems.

Correction, all characterfags are stupid.

Repetitiveness, simple and sometimes dated morality system, lack of direction and often throwing random stuff at the wall to see what sticks (Ant-Man was originally a one-off character from an anthology series).
>medium that relies both on text and imagery
>feel the need to fill the panels with unnecessary exposition such as "My powers are so awesome, they can do X and Y" and "I'm going to do this thing that I'll be shown doing in the next panel" or "Oh no, he's doing that thing that he's shown doing right now" so that dumb kids will 100% understand what's happening
How am I supposed to take any of this seriously?

It's all silly. It's all comics. Less exposition lets you take a talking dragon, a manchild dressed as a bat, ghosts, a freakin clown, more seriously?

It sounds like youre ashamed of the medium and prefer grim and gritty stuff that makes you feel like a big boy.

>Less exposition lets you take a talking dragon, a manchild dressed as a bat, ghosts, a freakin clown, more seriously?
It certainly makes for better storytelling, yes.

>Twitter screencap

>oh no someone had a perfectly logical answer that deflated my criticism

Catwoman didn’t beat Bane in I am Bane.

Also the last issue pretty clearly set up Bruce needing Harley for his plan, so I don’t think it’s just going to be Selina punching her in the face.

Bruce paid attention to the way Ivy used the flash in the first issue and used it to come up with a plan to take the flashes down to rile ivy up. He and Selina talk about them coming before they show up.

Literally the whole Superman whistling thing was to justify why the flashes didn’t just vibrate through her hand or something

Anti-batfags have become the new batfags

have made my feelings on Catwoman as a character abundantly clear before. She is the worst kind of bad characters, a poison that ruins any character she is associated with, and her list of victims goes long, Batman himself being the most frequent on that list. King's problem is that he is obsessed with making her seem important and relevant, and the story is suffering for it. The Batfamily and Catwoman simply don't mix, as one shines a spot light on how redundant the other is. The moment DC decided to make this run about Selina, I knew immediately that the Batfamily was barely going to be in it, and I have been proven correct. Not going to go off on a rant here, but in short I prefer not to have the family mixed in with Selina and looking like morons in the process to prop her up, as things are bad enough with Bruce alone.

Regardless of the quality of King's work, this run was doomed to be one thing and one thing only, and unless you are into dumb shipping chances are you weren't going to be pleased by it. King's terrible writing just compounded the problems that were always going to be there.

The thing that I dislike about Sup Forums is that they REFUSE to believe that idea that writers can get worse over time. Yes, on some very small occasions, Sup Forums can notice a writer improving, but except for some of the most notable cases (Moore and Miller come to mind), if a writer has released some bad works, then either they've always been shit OR their worst works actually aren't that bad and should be forgiven.

I bring this up because it makes any discussion about King in the Rebirth era nearly impossible. If there's a single thing that can be agreed upon, it's that taking on Batman has...changed King as a writer. I personally think Batman has made his writing worse in every way -- even the "good" issues from Batman and one-shots tend to rely on a small set of emotional/critic-jerking tropes. But most importantly, the speed at which he must send out these Batman scripts (all by himself, mind you) means that he has to be a lot sloppier with writing: as a simple example, King was able to make Janin's art shine with great layouts and good ideas for settings, whereas in Batman, Janin is as bad as he's been in during his various New52 stints.

King himself has all but admitted that becoming the writer of Batman gave him a huge boost of confidence, which he then used to push things that he might not have if he was still on e.g. Nightwing/Grayson (see: the Finch proposal disagreement with Mark Doyle). He's also basically admitted that he was going to go into Batman writing it as a big blockbuster-y type thing. The problem is that he's not mature enough as a comic writer to be able to not fall too deeply into blockbuster writing; the effect is that he awkwardly goes for the "big (You)" moments (a la Johns and Snyder) without their experience, and so you get lots of logical inconsistencies and things that have to be explained outside of the comic.

Ah yes. Like that time Batman and Catwoman stopped to eat hamburgers while Poison Ivy was busy probably tentacle fucking the planet.

Top Tier writing

You mean the time Batman went to a restaurant to see if she was still letting people eat plants and then used that information to deduce how she was controlling everyone.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say everyone complaining didn’t actually read the issue. But that would never happen on Sup Forums

Nope King has always been wildly overrated and his writing has always been shitty, it's just taken most people a long time to realize this.

You literally didn't get it. If you were able, you should be embarrassed.

>H-he was overrated even when no one knew who he was.
You're doing great.

>The Superman thing doesn’t really work either. He has to filter out some sound or he’d be hearing stuff across the world. So for him to not filter out Batman’s whistle is retarded. Not to mention his eardrums should be super durable as well.
>yfw a dogwhistle or whale echolocation kills Superman

(you)

People have been vehemently sucking his dick since Grayson. It's always been bad writing, I've always held that position, it's just taken most people 50 issues of non-stop diarrhea to come around to the emperor having no clothes.

Snyder is both better and worse than shit?

"It's comics" is not a good excuse.i hate you casual faggots.

>Having a thorough appreciation and understanding of comic history including the silver age, a personal favorite
>Casual

>Coming to Sup Forums after The Dark Knight Rises and expecting comics to adhere to the same pseduo intellectual tacticool bullshit to make you feel like it's deeper than it is
>Truly Patrician

>anti-intellectual
>HURR DURR ITS JUST COMECS XDD
Oh, it's the retarded Carnagefaggot.

To reply, click to number on the top right. You're going great. You'll be a real asset to this board.

>99121304
No one wants to reply to your retarded ass. All I want you to do is to commit suicide and stop shitting this board with your idiotic nonsense.

I didn't read this one but from what I'm seeing holy shit, King is the worse. How do people still even read him, glad I never even cared to.

>Durr there is no craft in writing
>durr my emperor in no clothes

Getting there!

And the suicide stuff's a nice flourish, suitably edgy.

Shut up. This entire thread is full of reasons. Why do you shills choose random mid-page replies to jump on? You could have picked literally any f the other replies before.

>How is it nonsensical?
>Sh-shut up, wh-why didn't you pick on anyone else?

Hang in there.

@99121357
>muh edgy meme
Fuck off. You're neither smart nor funny, and no one would be sad when you're feeding worms under ground.
Because this moron thinks cape comics should be terribly-written because HURR DURR ITS NOT HIGH ART XD

Catwoman absolutely beat him what are you saying?

>Durr

>This entire thread is full of reasons.
No it's full of whiny assholes who ignore logical answers just so you cam shitpost.

Answer the question.

>if I project I'm right
I hate Nolan. The first two flicks are good but he poisoned batman as a property. I like silly shit. I lcr the silver age.

I don't think you do. Tell me, how do you feel about the alien in watchmen?

Grayson was fine. Even if it did have some out of character moments but it was also cowritten and had more checks and balances. This is just stupid on every level.

>King is the worse

>Snyder is the worse
>Morrison is the worse
>Azzarello is the worse
>Winick is the worse
>Dini is the worse

You few, dumb, fickle fucks are never happy with who is writing Batman. You'd be complaining if it were the 70s and this new guy named Denny O'Neil was writing and saying Frank Robbins was better.

that said they do have glass jaws.

Not really, it had a title page making a Dick joke in the first issue.

Morrison and Dini are good comic book writers. Azzarello and Winnick are capable of being average. Snyder and King are bad comic book writers.

Leave it to King fags to kill a thread, Christ

Most of them are nerds who would get their asses handed to them in a normal fight. Maybe it does only take one.

>I want comics to be taken seriously.
>But if I do something stupid then lol it's just comics bro turn off your brain.

This is the most annoying aspect of liking anyone else when Batman shows up. Guys like Barry totally forgets he is a scientist, J'onn is a detective, Clark is a genius that builds robots for fun, Ray stops being a scientist, and every lantern becomes a totally untrained normal guy who has never been in a fistfight a day in their life, also they know absolutely nothing about any aspect of aliens or any space based science of any kind. Batman is required to be the smartest man in the room far beyond everything everyone else is supposed to be an expert in.