Why did Marvel cancel one of the very few good comics they had?

Why did Marvel cancel one of the very few good comics they had?

because marvel

Are you implying that Gwenpool was good? wew

Man, waifufags are annoying as fuck. Hopefully Marvel will never pander to your kind again. Good riddance.

I bet anything you have never read gwenpool and never will because Sup Forums.

Didn't it sell like shit?

Not him but I'm a metafiction fag. Marvel almost never panders to me. The last time I remember something like this was Byrne's She-Hulk. Deadpool sort of counts, but it's almost never done right.

>sold better than captain marvel
>sold better than squirrel cunt
Something tells me it wasn't just sales.

I bought the trades in two different languages, like I usually do.

You, like every waifufag, are a moron. I understand that your kind likes everything that has a remotely visually attractive character, but the comic itself sucked, like almost anything Marvel was/is publishing.

What are some superhero comics that have this kawaii style? Spider-Man loves Mary Jane had it for most of its run

If they didn't, soon enough people would whine how the comic became bad or don't bother with it at all.
One more point - she'd be really better as a villain, admit it. Good girl Gwen is boring af and you only defend this because "omg it got ax'd". You wouldn't follow this comic for decades.
The comic is getting more sympathy points if cutted off early than later on when everybody and their dog are fed up with it and dumb memes.

>Good girl Gwen is boring af and you only defend this because "omg it got ax'd". You wouldn't follow this comic for decades
Nah, good girl gwen was cool but I'd like bad gwen as well. And Gwenpool didn't have decades in her but she for sure had at least 5 more years. The writing was great and very creative and gurihiru are great artists, that honestly took too many breaks.

Different user here. I read a couple of issues but just couldn't get into it. It wasn't bad, but I don't see how it got such passionate followers here.

Yes, they better only let them write X-men for decades.

People were too busy buying copies of that instead of captain marvel and we can't have that now can we.

Power Pack had the same artists. Thor once cameo'd and he looked cute as hell

Because it was shit and it was about a shit character and it sold like shit.

it was pretty okay desu

It's only good if you have a big hard on for meta shit. Most people are content with the cream of the crop when it comes to meta but some want lots of it and as such have to settle for medicore metashit when the good stuff runs out.

sold better than most of the shit they're ACTIVELY pushing, like America or Captain Marvel or SG.

Fact is, this comic getting cancelled was a casualty; collateral damage to stem the bleeding from pandering bullshit comics, which they mistook this comic for.

you mean superhero comics that don't look like dogshit? there's none right now

Gee, probably because gwenpool was an amalgam of gwen stacy and deadpool, and yeah, I am aware that she is not gwen stacy, but that's basically how gwenpool started, as a variant version of deadpool.

And since DP used to sell well, she rode the train.W hen people realized it's garbage trap, they dropped it en masse, but because it's DP-related, it's no wonder it sold better than Peperica, or Carl Manvers

I feel like this would be really heartfelt and nice if it wasn't trying to convince us this character wasn't rubbish from the get go.

>When people realized it's garbage trap, they dropped it en masse

jesus fucking christ, why are you even here if you don't read comics?

There is so much wrongthink in yourstatement that it's actually sad.

too white and blonde

It was good. Nothing great, nothing special, just good.

Bait.

Because quality almost never results in sales. That it lasted as long as it did is a miracle. Just look at the recent Nova ongoing.

No Captain Marvel ongoing has lasted as long as Gwenpool. She gets relaunched constantly, sure, but none of the individual volumes have reached 25/26 issues + 2 specials. Squirrel Girl gets most of its sales from trades which is how it keeps surviving.

>It's only good if you have a big hard on for meta shit.
This is me. I love this shit. Sad to see Marvel kill it.

>marvel
>having a good comic
shit have i slipped out of the time stream again? is it the 1970s again? why is there still internet?

Because Gwenpool is a white women so technically not a minotiry, meaning she is higher on the cancellation list.
Still waiting for Riri Williams to be deleted.
At least Gwenpool had some fans. Riri only has virtue-signallers on twitter patting themselves on the back for liking the cover and not even reading the book.

It was a pretty good Isekai, yes.

Gwen Poole is a cheap slut who pleases anons for money.
Kamala is a pure maiden and the undisputed best girl of Marvel

Implying that the book did anything interesting with meta shit during the first 2 and almost 3 volumes.

Let's be honest, the book was a mess just like most Marvel books.

And for a comedic book, it wasn't really funny.

>It was a pretty good Isekai, yes
it wasn't.

>At least Gwenpool had some fans. Riri only has virtue-signallers
>at least Gwenpool was better than Captain Marvel
>at least Gwenpool had better artwork than Squirrel Girl.

If the only positive things that you can say about Gwenpool is that is better than the worst Marvel books, then maybe Gwenpool was not that much of a good book.

''Yes, I my cooking is not bad because compared to literal turds and vomit, my cooking tastes better!''

I mean, sure it wasn't Knights & Magic, but Isekai can get REALLY bad and GP is above -par- to me.

As user said earlier, Good, not Great, that said the ending was really lame.

Riri's being shunted off to Champions, if that helps. Hopefully the new writers can salvage her character and avoid Bendis and Waid's trappings.

I would have loved to see Gwen cross over with the Champions again though, post-character development. Just to show them how much she's improved since then. But I'd hate to have her on Team Social Justice, and have anyone but Hastings touch her.

>Implying Gwen doesn't please anons for free
It's like you don't even read the book

Except this is a vote with the wallet. Want to see less turds and vomit? Buy the plain ramen they sell instead.

>but Isekai can get REALLY bad and GP is above -par- to me.

I don't think that Gwenpool did anythinf interesting with the genre, the writting was weak.
For example, she didn't seemed to be torn between going back to her family vs staying in the comic book world.

Not to mention that I don't see how Gwenpool deserved appearing inside the Marvel comics, her origin is that she was a lazy neet and got rewarded with not having to get a real job and having most thigns go her way just because.

>Want to see less turds and vomit? Buy the plain ramen they sell instead.

This is literally what people did with Gwenpool since her sales were below 20k/cancellation numbers for a while.

>Except this is a vote with the wallet.
Changing the subject.

Nobody is talking about sales, we are talking about trying to pass the book as ''good'' by saying that is better than the worst Marvel Strawmen bad books like Captain Marvel or Squirrel Girl.

>For example, she didn't seemed to be torn between going back to her family vs staying in the comic book world.
I wouldn't say this was a weak element. We did see her frown and say that it was "probably for the best" when Doctor Strange told her that her real family would forget her. When we actually see her world (or rather, a fake version of it), you can tell just how unhappy she was there. And even then, she still does miss her family. Issue 20 ends with her spying on her 616 parents. Issue 25 shows her trying to connect with her alternate family, though acknowledging how weird it was.

As for the second part: she's not being rewarded for her laziness. She found her own way to the Marvel world. And once she got there, she had to struggle and work hard to get where she was. She had to get constant reality checks for her antics.

That’s not what Gwenfags would have us believe.

>Squirrel Girl gets most of its sales from trades which is how it keeps surviving.
That’s not how comics work. There are other forces at play with Squirrel Girl.

Good things tend to get overhyped to hell and back when they float around in a sea of absolute shit.

Stop. Gwenpool wasn't better than "THE" worst Marvel book. Gwenpool was better than "multiple" Marvel books. One of them is the worst.

>She found her own way to the Marvel world.
How

I mean more how she ends up being handled in universe since she doesn't get fucking GODS prostrating themselves for her and howling how awesome she is, and it is clear at all times that she is just a small fish in a big pond, she is a shitter even when she unlocks her "Cheat Item". and barely fucking ANY Isekai Protags "deserve" their shit since it is mostly wish-fulfillment loitering the genre.

Not every Isekai can be FFTA.

We don't know how, exactly. (Ignoring Chris Hasting's little letter where he basically equated her to a tulpa.) But issue 16 show a bunch of ways she could have brought herself to the world, and she must have used some of those in the past because Teddy kept preventing her from using the. Then she rips through reality in issue 17 after testing the fourth wall.

>Gwenpool was better than "multiple" Marvel books.

But compared to actual good books like Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, Captain Hydra, Punisher the Platoon and others, Gwenpool is just another Squirrel Girl like book.

>We did see her frown and say that it was "probably for the best" when Doctor Strange told her that her real family would forget her.

This is really bad writting.

So she was a lazy neet, her father was not ok with that and wanted her to get a job and her answer was ''Better turn my back on my family and have them forget about me forever!''

>. And once she got there, she had to struggle and work hard to get where she was.

Not true, most things were handed to her on a silver plate, is not like Ms. Marvel getting shot and almost being killed during her first outing as a super hero.
Gwenpool went from regular teenager to killing thugs with swords and machine guns while dancing.

and later on she gets reality bending powers for no reason at all.

So more rewards for no reason.

>We don't know how, exactly.

This book keeps getting better... clearly not overhyped mary sue waifu trash

I´d rather have that thing left unanswered. Knowing how gwen entered 616 adds nothing to her story and just makes her mundane.

I rather they explained how it happened, otherwise she comes off as a mary sue.

>be a neet
>get told to get a job
>only negative thing you have going on
>get rewarded with appearing inside the comic books that you love
>now you don't have to get a real job
>become a super hero with skills to fight righ away
>get your own apartment somehow insted of being homelss
>get rewarded with powers to alter reality
>something about erasing you from the memory of your parents so you nobody suffers, everybody is happy and perfect
>she feels sad because she is running out of pages and that means that she will die
>joking, infinite pages combined with reality bending powers

It has really good art for sure, but I feel like the main theme is kind of half baked.

I really like the build up to cancellation and Evil Gwenpool arc, but lets be honest there were a couple of really weak le so crazy arcs in the middle (starring Blade, Ghost Rider, female Hawkeye, etc)

I think the writing started to falter a bit when they give Gwenpool super OP Dr. Manhattan like ability to travel across panel and across time. She's basically a busted powerlevel Dio

Gwenpool lacked synergy

>He hasn't read Nova, Vision, and Carnage

>otherwise she comes off as a mary sue.
Explaining her beginnings doesn´t makes her less of a ¨mary sue¨ (i´m not gonna argue the validity of that claim because we will end up disagreeing). It would just be another point in that list you have there.

DIO isn't actually that bad in powerlevel unless you go by Heaven's Ascension DIO who is basically a Crossover Villain done wrong, but it is important to remember that the Crusaders get to him before his actual plan has come into fruition, but even then keep in mind that it was a kid beat the stand that resulted from that plan, a kid with two stands sure, but it had exploitable flaws (although Dio being a Vampire would reduce them significantly)

>waifushit
>good

kek, you fags are worse than the morons bitching about the whizzer joke on JJ

because apparently Gwens heart was really in online competitive gaming and gambling.

For some reason I was looking for the nut punch sign edit and now I'm sad I didn't get it.

My point is not about Dio, but about how they handed Gwen Dio like power in a universe with relatively low powerlevel. To do so you need kegs and kegs of good writing to make up for the power level discrepancy and make things interesting, the classic example being Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen and Haruhi the literal god in Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The story was much more charming and low key earlier when her superpower is just knowing character background, history and weakness.

>morons bitching about the whizzer joke on JJ

Don't try to excuses that horrible looking shit as ''it was bad on purpose!''

Just saying that DIO isn't actually THAT high on the power level scale despite the memes so he is a poor example to use for your comparison unless it is Over Heaven, And reality is that as "impressive" Gwens power seems on paper(No pun intended) she can't actually do much with it, she can basically teleport and have light precognition/farsight, but she is still far far outmatched by the heavier hitters, which including reality warpers with less restrictions.

She just got the potential of her powers blown out of proportions by CUTE fags.

>starring Blade, Ghost Rider, female Hawkeye
>all these arcs were done when gurihiru weren't drawing
Really makes ya think. Almost as if Hastings didn't want to continue the actual story unless Gurihiru were doing it with him.

>Really makes ya think. Almost as if Hastings didn't want to continue the actual story unless Gurihiru were doing it with him.
No, the vs. Dr. Doom mini arc was drawn by a subtitute artist and it contain a couple pivotal pages where Gwen admits that she sees the end of the line with regards to her cancellation.

That's the only one yeah. Only a few pages too, they obviously planned for that artist to come on way before gwenpool was canceled. So Hastings had to shove that in that arc.

>Really makes ya think. Almost as if Hastings didn't want to continue the actual story unless Gurihiru were doing it with him.

What a hack.

It didn't sell well, but it lasted for five TPBs. That's pretty darn good for a brand new character. Be happy with the run we got, and maybe sometime in the future they'll give it another go with another creative team.

>, but it lasted for five TPBs

YFW they stop printing them in a couple of years due to low sales

They stop printing every comic after a few years except for Watchmen, Killing Joke, and Infinity Gauntlet. There are very few TPBs that stay on shelves indefinitely.

>There are very few TPBs that stay on shelves indefinitely.

Exactly, only the good ones stay, while trash like Gwenpool will be forgoten.

Plenty of good comics have never even been collected into trade format. Plenty of other good comics have been out of circulation for years. Mass appeal is not indicative of literary merit.

I'm not saying that Gwenpool has any literary merit, because it doesn't, I'm just saying that's no basis for an argument.

>I'm not saying that Gwenpool has any literary merit, because it doesn't

Finally, we can agree on the fact that is not a good book and is only waifu wanking material.

>Plenty of good comics have never even been collected into trade format

Rare cases that even the people that love comics would agree should be fixed.

While the same people would agree that Gwenpool doesn't deserve the paper they wasted in order to print her since the books are going to be in the trash in less than a year.

Because it was a silly, one-note gag story that was never meant to be more than a mini-series. Like that "Galacta, Daughter of Galactus" one-shot.