Riri

>Riri

Fuck Bendis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrxE_KCnO44
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Marvel

Fuck you for reading it. You dumb whore.

You can tell Bendis was expecting this Ultimate reveal to “break the internet”.

Why did bendis just bring peter and miles into ultimate universe?

Why waste a chapter on a literal who?

>creepy skull-faced dude
Ghost Rider? Taskmaster? Red Skull?

Why is Cap flying?

/thread

Patriotism

Don't you know? You fly a flag

As someone who doesn't read cape stuff, who is Bendis and why does everyone hate him?

Infamous comic writer. Started off great but went to shit as the years went on. Think of him as the George Lucas or Akira Toriyama of Marvel comics.

He’s hated for his excessive use of “Bendis-speak(see pic related)”, ignoring continuity, and dragging out what should be a small story over multiple issues.

A mediocre author who mistakenly thinks people don't get tired of his halfassed shit and blatant disregard for not only established plot points but also other writers' current work in Marvel, and his Afro fetishism which makes him create redundant characters that sate his boner and monetary thirst for royalties.
Plus he had far, far too much pull at Marvel. Like ridiculous influence.

More Bendis-speak

>Hey you want my sandwich?
>A sandwhich?
>Yes, my sandwhich!
>YOUR sandwhich?
>Yes!
>A sandwhich?
>Of course!

A cancerous writer.
He killed Tony Stark and replaced him with a black teenage girl who reverse engineered all his tech just because she was bored and is already on par with him in armor making.
Also killed Rhodey and Bruce Banner just because, and metaphorically killed Captain Marvel by completely ruining her character beyond repair.

Why is her being black relevant?

Why does Bendis use that shitty text for all his comics? Just looks cheap

>t.newfag trying to fit in

Because Marvel needed her specifically to be black.

Made one of the best Spider-Man comics of all time, everything else is some of the worst comic shit out there

What is this? Last I remember, the Ultimates fucked off to space after being revived by The Maker.

So Ultimates are not canon?

Who are you quoting?

She can’t just be black?

The guy I responded to. It’s the text used for the Ultimateverse

Because Tony Stark has a history of subtle yet very evident racism and it's insulting to African Americans to have him take a promising independent female genius under his wing, seizing control of her future and burdening her with his flawed legacy.

user, being black is a political statement. People don’t ever willingly choose to be black unless they’re trying to send a message. Gosh!

1. Bendis' fetish
2. Because there was a girl EXACTLY like that. Rhodey's niece. She even had a big appearance in a Battleworld book recently where she was working on damn armors 24/7.
3. Because REPRESENTATION twofer. Naturally she's #woke as fuck.

Yeah, if Benis used Lila Rhodes, he wouldn't get all them royalty moneys that he would with his DONUT STEEL if Disney was ever stupid enough to use her in the MCU.

Also, Ree-Ree is supposed to be based on his wife's black kid.

he saw everyone else in the air and decided to jump so he would feel included.

Which is super creepy, given he made her so utterly... udderly.

It wouldn't be that bad except that he's fucking ubiquitous. What is he writing right now, four ongoing series?
If I was a more sympathetic person I'd say his lack of quality comes from being overworked.

That would imply that he attempted to do his best rather than maximise his earnings while just winging it with minimum effort on the books.
If he cared for the quality of his product, he would never have taken so many books on at the same time.

>on par with him in armor making
What's Stark's tech level nowadays? Last time I was actively following was when he was wearing bleeding edge, is her stuff comparable? If so, yeah, that's totally bullshit.

She had reverse engineered Tony's latest tech before he created the Model Prime armor, and now she apparently wears a version of that one.
I don't know if it's on par with the Bleeding Edge, but the Model Prime had some pretty bullshit feats for Iron Man's powerlevel.

Fuck man I've been trying to figure it out. It's really dumb.

Maybe...maybe he was riding on Giant Man's hand and this panel is him mid-leap off?

Not as creepy as Quesada basing Peter's new girlfriend after he Mephisto'd the marriage after his daughter (even gave the character the same name) while using Peter as his self-insert (see his art One Moment In Time).

I think a lot of Marvel writers have some issues...

>Think of him as the George Lucas or Akira Toriyama of Marvel
Never.

>he wouldn't get all them royalty moneys that he would with his DONUT STEEL
He wouldn't get them anyways.

No one would name a child Riri

>implying Akira and Lucas went to shit and it wasn't just the fanbases that became terrible

Apparently that wasn't the deal Benis had in place. That's why he was peppering Marvel with his DONUT STEELS instead of using established characters.

>Started off great
The greatest lie in comics.

niggers would

Every fucking thing he makes is a Jimmy Johns commercial

youtube.com/watch?v=rrxE_KCnO44

>Because Tony Stark has a history of subtle yet very evident racism
Hit me up with that info user. Is Stark, dare I say, /ourguy/?

It’s the plot twist ending to Spider-Men 2. The 616 version of Miles Morales wants to get to another universe to reunite with his wife. Turns out the other universe is the newly revived Ultimate Universe, where somehow Riri is also a native.

if you take panels from books published in the 70's and 80's where he is shockingly *not* adhering to 2010's moral code and using terms no one in the 2010's would ever use in public then yea he was a racist bigoted piece of shit that needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Well... do you have them?

Not even, that would be a nickname for something else.

Why aren't you flying?

He adopted a black kid, cuckposter

FPBP

He doesn't give a shit about continuity or characterization that came before him,. he just goes with whatever he wants and ends up reinventing characters and creating new ones whole cloth. And that one character voice got old about a decade ago so his writing is very one note. It's also decompressed to a very unhealthy degree and full of go nowhere filler conversations.
Those are the reasons old Sup Forums hates him.
New/co/ hates him because he writes a lot of black characters, and jewish.

So does that mean Miles goes back to Ultimate?

Sorry to have "triggered" you, Benis.

Aren't you supposed to be busy replacing Superman's supporting cast with your own DONUT STEELS?

I wonder how he'll do at DC with actual editors breathing down his neck.

That’s not flying, that’s falling with style

Idgaf about Bendis but using his kids as the punchline to a cuck joke is pretty low

Why is Spider-Man the easiest character to write for and still the most popular the make money off of.

No. Earth-616 Miles goes instead.

Why is cap just floating wtf

Oh for fuck's sake. The hilarious thing is Bendis isn't even sticking around to write him in the future.

They aren’t his kids. And using your kids as reasoning/excuse behind shit writing is also pretty low.

Picking on the kids is one thing (seriously, leave trump’s kid alone he has no idea what’s going on) but commenting on the fact that Bendis’ kids aren’t his kids isn’t that bad.

>Dude

I don't know why this bothers me so much.

moralfags, RAUS

Toriyama is debatable but Lucas was always garbage. The OT was basically Lucas coming up with a ridiculous idea, smarter people vetoing it, and refining said idea into something good. The Prequel trilogy was when he was able to do whatever he wanted and we saw how that turned out.

>They aren’t his kids

Barron is a flaming autist with a stupid name.

How the fuck are you meant yo know who's talking here?

The disconnect people on this board have from society still shocks me from time to time

Yeah, so a fictional character is a better father-figure to his not-biological offspring than Benis.

Your point?

Isn’t Riri the one who assaulted the board of directors with a guitar and threatened to smash it over their heads? Like I am not even mad that’s next level autism.

No,that was Tony's "real" mother. Fuck Bendis. Fuck Gillen. Fuck the MCU.

Are you sure? I remember/co/ making fun of Riri for that.

did i sleep through the MCU movie about adopted tony

I love you guys.

Delete Riri

Delete 616 Shuri

Put MCU Shuri in her place

Problem solved

Who's going to have the balls and skill to retcon out that awful nonsense? I dropped Gillen's run when that happened. He clearly had no plan, no long term idea what he was doing. He's not a writer who can just sit down and tell a long term comic story.

It's a lost art. Just being able to bullshit interesting stories for characters for years on end with no actual end goal in mind. I swear to fucking god Larry Hama on GI Joe is the only writer still capable at all.

>He's not a writer who can just sit down and tell a long term comic story.

Uber and Wicked + Divine are both in the middle/beginning of the end of pretty acclaimed long runs. Not to mention however long Journey Into Mystery ran.

You misunderstood my point. He went in to those titles with clear ends in mind. He's capable of telling a story if he has a structure and end in mind. But I think there's a lost art of being able to just write "a god damned comic." Really specifically big two style super hero stuff. Writers who laid seeds that may pay off in 10 issues, 20, or 50. Things that would spin endlessly and be interesting monthly without devolving into utterly horrible clusterfucks. Every writer now needs a plan to have a prayer of making things work, probably because they all go into books to tell a single story, be it big or small. But there's a nice comfy level where you're getting an engrossing tale that just goes on.

Nope.

What is with Bendis and two page spreads? He uses them so poorly. They mean nothing in his hands, yet he has like three an issue.

>deleting the good shuri so you can put Riri but sightly better instead

How about no.

>Don't you know? You fly a flag
Underrated post.

Wait what did he do to his kids? Why is he a bad dad?

FPBP

He supposedly writes like an elementary school child when he submits manuscripts to the editor. I can only assume the spreads help him not have to write as much.

I kinda like how May seems to be back at her hippy rebel thing but that’s really over the top and doesn’t fit what he did previously with the universe

Elaborate on this? What do his scripts come off like?

That's not May, that's Tony Stark's biological mother. It's in the 616.

Have you heard how the guy speaks? It's like a baby using long words. It's freaky. The guy even looks like an old baby.

This reminds me of the time Peter's "real parents" came back in the 90s. Freaking actors.

Making jokes about “my wife’s kid” has what to do with critiquing his work?

I swear this gets stupider the more times i see it. The aughts refers to around 2000's, right? Tony Stark has been abusing his company like a piggybank with no concern for the other shareholders for nearly 2 decades and they're the ones in the wrong for being mad that they can't turn a profit since then while being more ubiquitous than fucking apple, constantly having government contracts, and having to deal with the fallout of Tony's drunken binges?

He’s a bad dad because he writes bad comics and because he didn’t adopt white kids.

It's been a long while since i saw it, but word got out about how each of marvel's writers is at spelling. You have Kieron Gillen with proper english,Moore with the behemoth sized manuscripts, and then Bendis with the spelling mistakes a 10 year old doesn't make.

>Moore with the behemoth sized manuscripts

i don't think moore's ever written for Marvel US?

>the thing on the left
Jesus...

i could only find a script for Powers but it seems fine?

What do Wilson's scripts look like?