DC Imprint Multiverse

Here's the various imprints and labels revealed by DC over the past few months and in the works for 2018.

>DC Comics
The primary DC Universe.

>DC Black Label
Stories for mature readers featuring DC characters.

>DC Zoom
Stories for young adults featuring DC characters.

>DC Ink
Stories for children featuring DC characters.

>DC's Young Animal
Stories for mature readers set within the DC Universe but not explicitly featuring DC characters. Curated by Gerard Way.

>Vertigo
Stories for mature readers featuring original characters and settings outside of the DC Universe.

>The Wildstorm
Stories for mature readers featuring characters from the Wildstorm universe. Curated by Warren Ellis.

>Unnamed Bendis Imprint
To be curated by Brian Michael Bendis and to potentially feature his Jinxworld creations and/or take place within the DC Universe.

>Milestone/Earth-M
Stories potentially set within the DC Universe, but confirmed to feature Milestone Comics characters. Curated by Reginald Hudlin.

What do you think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2018/03/02/brian-michael-bendis-reveals-huge-news-for-jinxworld-fans
dccomics.com/blog/2018/02/01/dc-and-brian-michael-bendis-reveal-upcoming-publishing-plans
newsarama.com/38716-dc-comics-may-2018-solicitations.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>DC Zoom
>Stories for young adults featuring DC characters.
>>DC Ink
>Stories for children featuring DC characters.
I think you've got this backwards.

They're really desperate for something to stick.

Yup, I did. My bad.
And an article I found suggested DC Zoom is for middle-school kids, not outright child readers.

So, the corrections are thus:
>DC Zoom
Stories for pre-teens featuring DC characters.

>DC Ink
Stories for young adults featuring DC characters.

>o-one of these will probably pay off and justify all the money we've wasted

>Curated by Reginald Hudlin.
Oh, crap

>but not explicitly featuring DC characters
You mean a-list characters. All the characters they feature are indeed DC characters, just very niche.

>DC is so addicted to multiverse even its own imprints are in a multiverse

There is Sandman imprint too, And it's not Vertigo

You forgot the sandman universe imprint but that can also count as a vertigo sub-imprint.

A fair point.

Correction:
>DC's Young Animal
Stories for mature readers set within the DC Universe, featuring niche DC characters. Curated by Gerard Way.

"The Sandman Universe" is a banner meant to separate those upcoming Sandman books from the other titles on a shelf, similar to the Rebirth banner or any banner event. It is not a separate imprint of DC/Vertigo entirely.

Pic related; note the inclusion of the Vertigo logo on the left side.

>>Milestone/Earth-M
>Stories potentially set within the DC Universe
they said from the start this is a separate earth and not connected though

It's published by vertigo, it's just a line of comics. Then again, considering that vertigo has basically no other books, it might as well be a different imprint

I can't wait for all the big crossover events.

Forgot the Hanna Barbera imprint which has already crossed over with the main DCU.

It feels like a big push to make DC the new industry leader after Marvel goofed up so many times now.

How is Art Baltazar for middle school children?

Forgot Hanna-Barbera Beyond

It's like they've finally figured out how to leverage their ip to target demographic niches.

It's fine if they don't oversaturate them.

Black label and Young Animal would work better if they were just releasing titles as trades. Zoom and Ink should only have 2-3 titles at a time, etc.

Marvel did a similar thing in the 2000's and it didn't fare well in the grand scheme of things. (Tsunami, Next)

So, when are they going to all crossover?

>DC
PG
>ZOOM
PG13
>BL
R

That's the idea I guess but in practice I'm not sure itll work

>Unnamed Bendis Imprint
It is Jinxworld. Bendis is just bringing the catalog over to DC. They're already putting it on their digital catalog.

Thanks for the tip!

Correction:
>Earth-M
Stories featuring Milestone Comics characters, set outside of the DC Universe. Curated by Reginald Hudlin.

Does that have its own logo? If so, I can add it later.

You've got me. Maybe it'll end up being both elementary and middle school kids? I dunno.

Zoom and Ink are those trade titles. Black Label will be miniseries, I believe.

DC and Young Animal have crossed over already. DC and Vertigo would probably cross over if this were the 1980s. Dunno about Wildstorm and Earth-M; I think a Wildstorm/DC crossover was in the works?

It's not confirmed if it will indeed be Jinxworld. The article I found noted that the Jinxworld catalogue would be added to DC's online offerings, with a separate statement announcing the Bendis imprint. I'm leaving them separate for now until further news comes in.

Pure autism.

They should ALL crossover into one event.

Autism can be useful if you channel it correctly.

Are they gonna publish like 100 books?

>It's not confirmed if it will indeed be Jinxworld.

>BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS REVEALS HUGE NEWS FOR JINXWORLD FANS
>Acclaimed Writer Reunites with Longtime Collaborators Michael Gaydos and David Mack For Two All-New Jinxworld Comic Books
>Celebrated writer Brian Michael Bendis revealed some welcome news to fans of his Jinxworld universe of titles, announcing that he’ll be reuniting with two of his favorite artists on two brand-new Jinxworld comic books.
>Next, the award-winning creative team of Bendis and artist David Mack (Kabuki, Jessica Jones, Powers) reunite for another all-new Jinxworld series, Cover.
>“The show has always stayed true to its comics roots and that makes it a perfect place to talk anything Jinxworld, especially new titles I’m working on with creators like Michael and David whom I value and respect so highly.”
dccomics.com/blog/2018/03/02/brian-michael-bendis-reveals-huge-news-for-jinxworld-fans

dccomics.com/blog/2018/02/01/dc-and-brian-michael-bendis-reveal-upcoming-publishing-plans
>THE RETURN OF JINXWORLD
>Bendis’ world of gritty noir crime titles, including JINX, TORSO, POWERS, A.K.A. GOLDFISH and SCARLET among others, has found a new home at DC. The library of JINXWORLD titles like BRILLIANT, FIRE, FORTUNE & GLORY and TOTAL SELLOUT will be available digitally by this Spring. Fans can expect to see new stories from continuing series like POWERS, SCARLET and THE UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC., as well as new characters added to the Jinxworld universe throughout 2018 and beyond.

>A CURATED “CUSTOM” IMPRINT
>Also scheduled for 2018 is a Bendis-curated custom imprint of titles. This new custom imprint will feature some of Bendis’ all-time favorite characters in very unique and unusual situations, combined with new characters created specifically for this new imprint.

True dat. The only long lasting webcomics have been run by people that are autistically into their own work. I have reached a point after a decade and a half of reading webcomics that I've decided that if you aren't autistic, you won't finish your webcomic before you get bored and abandon it.

This should be viewed as a compliment desu. As cringeworthy as autists can be, they can really fucking commit to something.

>the Gentry can't destroy the Multiverse if we keep making Multiverses

How would the books for adults crossover with the ones for children

DC has been run by The Gentry for a long time and these imprints are just further evidence.

>all these lines
>can't give me a fucking LoSH series

DC was a mistake

It's all comics man.

Johns has Legion, JSA, and Shazam on lock until Doomsday Clock is over

With Zoom, Ink, Black Label, and Young Animal, DC is actively attempting to reach out to new audiences that don't normally buy floppies. This is a great idea, and I really hope the content they put out is quality, so they can hook a new generation of comic fans.

They seem to be pushing a lot of them, but then again they've pushed multiple lines before. Remember in the 80's when they did a Science Fiction graphic novel line? Lasted about two years. Then there was their webcomics imprint, Zuda Comics, which lasted 2007 to 2010.

The guy is such a cunt.

Johns is a mistake and should kill himself

Zoom, Ink and Black label are just sjw trash. This shit is no different than current year Marvel.

The hell are you talking about? We literally know nothing about them other than a handful of names for titles.

You are very wrong.

Super Sons and an African Queen ?
Wonder Woman and refugees?
Radical feminist Catwoman?

>Curated by Reginald Hudlin
Like a dagger in my heart

Can't wait for those to have low sales, so you can cry about that instead.

>>DC Black Label
>Stories for mature readers featuring DC characters.

WRONG.

DC has said NOTHING about it being "mature readers", which indicates that it WON'T be.

What they HAVE said is that it'll be stand-alone out-of-continuity stories, meaning it's basically a return of Elseworlds under a different name and without as much focus on high-concept themes.

The higher his profile, the worse he is.

It's a shame Young Animal is doing poorly.

Black Label is going to be slightly "edgier" according to DC and was inspired by their 80s out-of-continuity stories like Watchmen, so don't be surprised if it ends up being the exact opposite of politically incorrect.

>the exact opposite of politically incorrect

the exact opposite of politically CORRECT is what I meant

It's not good.

That Colored People’s history of DC comics is Black Label so expect it to be not so subtle sjw shit

>bendis controls superman
>bendis brings jinxworld back
I'm not sure how i feel about it

I suppose his first issue with superman will set the to--..
>political interview about how politics will be in superman
I rather he shoves his politics in jinxworld

You're an idiot. Look at the damn writers they're using.

I disagree

They're really weird books with really niche characters. It was never going to sell well.

Sure, but I'd hoped for stronger trade sales

He'll make some excuse about how he thinks the writers aren't good.

that's 1 fucking book

only 2 of them are in the habit of writing political garbage

I think Shade and Doom Patrol do okay in trades. The rest are fucked though.

Care to inform me if I'm correct about this? Black label stuff will be mature else world stories and not main universe and though Sandman Universe is being printed through Vertigo it will be part of the main DCU.

DC Black Label stories are indeed to be seen outside of the main continuity-- Elseworlds, essentially, but not by name-- and are intended for mature readers.

Sandman Universe is to be printed through Vertigo; I'm not aware if it will be a part of the DC Universe or not.

Black Label will definitely be Elseworlds, Murphy said that if there's a follow-up to Batman White Knight it'll be under the imprint.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if White Knight's boobs situation led to talks about Black Label, among other things of course.

I think the "Other Side of the DC Universe" story has been in the works for a long time now.

Don't forget, Vertigo started as DC but Mature. It spawned out of Moore's Swamp Thing, and major titles were Sandman, Hellblazer, Doom Patrol, all were main universe DC, despite how separate editorial got them.

Titles like Preacher, Transmet, Fables, and the Unwritten confused the issue later on. But Vertigo did start as main DC.

Young Animal appeared to have been that early Vertigo in terms of mature stories in the DC Universe, but from the look of things we may be seeing DC Black Label taking up the mature DC role, though the stories will not be in continuity with the DCU.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see if and when they start making Young Animal ongoings that feature less niche or obscure characters. Hell, Shade the Changing Girl is literally straight outta Vertigo.

The difference is Black Label are strictly elseworlds and Vertigo is dead

Black Label might catch my interest, it being "mature" might let it do interesting things outside of the usual cape fare. But I'll have to see what it does. Otherwise, nothing's changed for me.

So this is just my experience walking into stores recently, but besides trades what has been Vertigo recently? There's the upcoming sandman spin-offs but is there anything else that's active?

>if there's a follow-up to Batman White Knight
There is no if. That book is selling like fucking hotcakes

fuck why is there no Amethyst or Jonah Hex

Terrible idea. The whole enterprise is trying to sell product to demos that don't necessarily overlap. Give straight white males and woke young allies two different sets of the same characters to shell out money for.

It's just a re-branding of the All Star imprint, calm down retard.

>Black label are just sjw trash
>Frank Miller
Okay.

These new imprints are like the Sega CD and 32X of DC comics. They'd totally be able to beat out Marvel right now if they kept doing what they're doing, but they feel they have to throw a bunch of shit out to see what happens.

>hardcore democrat who made a career denouncing Nixon, Reagan and big business, plus a huge Hillary supporter
>not sjw trash

You're a terrible idea.

I think DC is steering towards ruin. As a DCfag it's disheartening. I could tolerate the Marvel tier Batgirl, but King's abysmal Batman was the first big concern. Now Bendis is coming to obliterate Superman. A million alternative lifestyle imprints and books under them by depressed homosexual people announced and right now I'm just tired. I think I'll be done with new comics this time next year.

I hope every industry becomes "muh sjw trash" so you fucking losers have to flee to the niche-est of fandoms and leave the rest of us alone.

Makes more sense. Do kids even know what ink is?

newsarama.com/38716-dc-comics-may-2018-solicitations.html
>DEATHBED #4
>MOTHERLANDS #5

Sadly, Vertigo is on the edge of death. I'd assume it's because comic creators probably get seduced more by whatever Image offers for their creator-owned properties over whatever DC/Vertigo offers.
It also probably doesn't help that the exclusivity contracts that DC/Marvel offer to their writers don't prevent them from taking creator-owned ideas and concepts to Image or other third-parties.

Y'all niggas trippin'.

Of course they are, they know floppies are dying and can only sell buttloads with #1s and variants.

They also know their old Vertigo trades sell and Raina is making it rain with her children's books.

Cape fans are always melodramatic.

Of course, I forget my image.

This is getting out of hand.

Empty Hand?

Let me guess, you also complain about Johns doing edgy shit.

Neat.