Admitted it Sup Forums, there is one episode of Family Guy you actually like

Admitted it Sup Forums, there is one episode of Family Guy you actually like.
What is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiOx7h3eOZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PTV

Death is a Bitch. Norm McDonald made for a very good Death.

Probably one from the early seasons since those were actually pretty good

Pre cancellation Family Guy was great, then again its been forever ago, and my tastes have changed since then.

The one where Brian falls in love with that shut-in old lady he had to take care of. Peter growing his beard was endearing.

GIVE UP THE TOAD NOW

Death is a Bitch, Road to Rhode Island, Fifteen Minutes of Shame.

I don't have one because I don't like the show.
I tried getting in to it.
Not my thing I guess.

OOO OOO OOO

I actually kind of liked the Star Wars episodes, they're kind of fun when watching some of the odder SW stuff(prequels/holidayspecial/etc).

Have they done anymore movi parody episodes where they do the whole movie?

Don't think I've ever seen a full episode of family guy.

First seasons are decent. Back to the Pilot is the only really well-done episode of Family Guy post 2004.

Road to series + back to the pilot

Most early season episodes

I'd say some of early revival wasn't too bad either, but it was clear that the show was infected and doomed to rot away in flanderization.

Pre cancelation honestly isn't that bad. The show was cynical, yes, but it also had a bit of heart to it. The episodes with Peter's dad come to mind.

Honestly the one you posted the image for.

If that episode had been the standard instead of the best thing they ever did it would have been an okay show.

Something something something darkside

The original Christmas episode with Kiss saves Santa. I love that one so much.

Whenever Brian and Stewey get lost on some vacation and try to get back home. Also avoid the post-second cancellation seasons where Mcfarlane goes through his edgy atheism phase. Show gets okay again around 2015 or so.

i remember liking the stewie + brian field trips

>Pre cancelation honestly isn't that bad
which cancellation? In either event no, the early eps were quite solid.

There are plenty I like, even some of the post-cancellation ones, hell even some from the past couple of years. It's not a bad show, it's just become steadily more hit and miss over the years.

>one

Road to Multiverse. Only for this segment.

The one where Brian was forced to work for a bitchy, old lady at her house until he got fed up and quit, and later found out that she was an amazing opera singer in her youth.
Especially the scene at the end where he shows her what could have been right before she passed away actually made me tear up a little.

The episode made me genuinely miss hand drawn animation.

No there isn't.

"Road to" episodes are usually good and I remember enjoying the Y2K episode.

Family guy was never good, you were just kids.

Most of the early Brian stuff didn't seem that bad. Heck, most of the time the others called him out on his shit right away, and he just ignored it. It was only later on that they started to make it be "Brian is right, and everyone else is wrong", which even then often just seemed like it was trying too hard to be taken all that seriously with how someone like Stewie would just sarcastically dismiss the summary of events Brian was just complaining about.

It was a pretty charming moment. The end bit was a bit on the nose, but I get what they were going for, though it feels like they could have taken things a bit further with more jabs about the formula of Disney films, and maybe a brief joke about them grabbing up Pixar or whatever.

99129093 (You)

That was a good episode

But I was 17 when I first watched the show around 2005, and I enjoyed those older episodes quite well back then and still do to this day

>It was only later on that they started to make it be "Brian is right, and everyone else is wrong",

It's not even that, they just made everyone else too stupid to rebuttle. Older family guy episodes allowed everyone to be at least competent with one or two fatal flaws. Now everyone is entirely incompetent unless the plot needs a joke out of them

Family Guy was never good but if I had to pick it'd be

If Fox never cancelled Family Guy and Seth actually gave a fuck about the show, it would’ve been the next Simpsons easily. In fact, I bet it would’ve been a lot more popular than it is now.

I like the early brian and stewie episodes.

Pretty sure he cared early on, just that he got booted down to just approving scripts doing the voices while the other writers took over. Hell, he had said about 7 or so years ago how a show should end after about 8 or so seasons, showing that he's not entirely happy with how long it's stuck around for.

I would have rather just got Kiss saves Santa TBQH desu fampai. Even though I do enjoy Family Guy on occasion.

Oh there's quite a few I like. Im certainly not going to argue the show was never without it's good episodes. Much like the Simpsons it used to be great. USED TO being the key words though

I agree. This episode pleasantly surprised me

The South by Dixie or whatever it was called was a pretty good episode, especially compared to the second time the family goes to the south. Had just the right level of jabs at redneck culture without being overbearing or too up its ass with the jokes, plus Chris' relationship with the tomboy girl was nice.

Wit that said, I did like some of the jokes from the Texas episode, like the Super Satan. It's just so absurd.

Wrong

The post-apocalypse one is fantastic.

I like Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington.

>But Peter, why would they make you president?
>Well maybe it's because I can recite all 50 states in a quarter of a second: AIIGH!!
>Peter that was just a loud yelping noise

>Face it, Peter, your excuses are lamer than FDR's legs
>gasps
>....too soon?

>gentlemen, I propose we send a message to tobacco companies everywhere by fining El Dorado Cigarettes infinity billion dollars!
>That's some good thinking, Ted! But I think a real number might be more effective

Agreed. All the Star Wars parodies were pretty good.

The Stewie/Brian episodes in the early seasons are fun

>Have they done anymore movi parody episodes where they do the whole movie?

They did three short parodies on Stephen King. The American Dad spy movie episodes and Cleveland Show's Die Hard are also pretty good.

>SMOKE

Ending was a bit weak. I get what they were riffing on, but it kind of felt like they added that in at the last minute or whatever.

I feel like the Robot Chicken ones were a bit better, especially the third one. It had such a fun narrative with Palpatine reliving parts from the saga and some original stuff to flesh out his "background", and that bit with Jar Jar being the true Sith was downright hilarious. Still, the FG ones were pretty amusing, even if some jokes were just refitted from the regular show itself.

Kinda sick of all the threads that imply Family Guy has always sucked desu, stop being contrarian hipsters. Early Family Guy was genuinely good, I don't see Sup Forums acting like Futurama has always been terrible due to post-revival eps being subpar.

Now that's the thing. The dialogue was silly, but still had some cleverness to it, like older spoof movies. Nowadays, it's just obnoxious shit that more or less tries to be preachy like South Park, but lacking the self-awareness SP has where the characters at times realize just how pointless their struggle is.

The delivery was really made all the earlier seasons funny to me. I don't know what it is, but it was great comedic timing and amusing voice acting all around.

17 is a kid you dumb shit

I wonder how much it cost just to animate to this single bit.

The entire first three seasons were good.

No it isn't retard.

Probably a good bit. Of course, by that point the show was rolling high numbers, so Fox probably had the dosh to spare.

Same.

I actually enjoyed pre-cancellation Family Guy, but my favorite episodes were the ones with Stewie and Brian where they go on an adventure together and they would have a couple music numbers.

I liked the Stewie and Brian episodes

Most of pre-chancellation but To Love and Die in Dixie is probably the best overall episode in the series followed by A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas.

.... None of them.

Are you not Mr. Cool?

17 is late teens

Honestly it was really good. I really liked the joke about the car parked on the deathstar

This. Makes me think of Brian and Lois's repartee about his taste in women while singing in key with a student playing piano in the earlier seasons

First 3 seasons of this show I loved
Not sure why Sup Forums has such a seething hatred for it
I can understand the later stuff being as lazy and downright shit but the early stuff had a lot of good shit

Normally the going rate is $10,000 per minute of animation, so long as the FPS is under 24. The frames per second ended up having to be above 24FPS fpor part of the bit though, and unlike the going rate for a minute of digital animation, the bit in Family Guy was a homage to early Disney, meaning that the animation was actually done using cels and was hand drawn, which means it took longer to make and also means the going rate for the minute of animation was likely more than four times the cost.

So, if they did it in house, they probably paid about $75,000. If they outsourced it all, it would be cheaper, but take longer, and they would still have to pay animators to clean up the animation, which, again, due to the details, means it takes longer and will cost more money. FOX got Jews for days though, so they probably locked in a nice deal, but it had to be at LEAST 60K.

Yug Ylimaf was OK too.

Something to keep in mind is that the animation costs of the big Fox shows are usually insignificant compared to the other production costs, particularly voice actor salaries. Blowing an extra $100k on one episode's animation is still just a drop in the bucket when your voice actors get $200k an episode no matter how many lines they get.

>being this retarded

I would say that many people on here have hatred towards it because it kinda sold its soul. Pre cancellation jokes had more wit to them and tended to be a bit more clever. It had a nice charm to it. Peter was not smart but he was not a complete retard. The show initially showed that it did not have to rely on shock humor and then it decided to give a baby herpes.

I still continue to watch it just because its easy to digest and sometimes there will be a good laugh. Occasionally they really hit the nail on the head on some newer jokes. That cutaway to how Lois uses Facebook with her posting a picture of cupcakes with a "So this happened today!" caption with no likes will always make me laugh.

IMO, Family Guy was fairly entertaining for its first 6 seasons.

>hurr, they are kids because I say so!
No, the only retard is you, dipshit.

A lot of early Family Guy gags were brilliant. I haven't seen some episodes for over a decade but I've always remembered them for how clever or strange they were.

"When You Wish Upon a Weinstein"

Back when they could make fun of the Jewish without it being straight out offensive to the point that it stops being funny. In "Family Goy" Peter straight out says that he rather Lois have cancer then be Jewish. I mean, what the fuck, Seth!?

>You better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, then do you know what that makes you? A pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and be lectured by a pervert.

Not to mention the entire Volcano Insurance scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=UiOx7h3eOZY

YOUR WHOLE LIFE WILL HIT THE SKIDS
AND YOUR KIDS
WILL BE BORN WITHOUT EYELIDS

JEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

Any road to () episodes

As I recall, the network originally refused to air "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" because it was *too offensive*, and they thought that there would be outrage. It was shelved from season 2 and only aired a year (?) later, after the executives had been swayed. I recall Seth (or maybe Matt Weitzman) saying in an interview that they designed the episode specifically so that it wouldn't be misconstrued as an attack on the religion.

Can you believe that, just a few years later, that same show and those same writers would produce "Family Goy", and that the same network would approve it? It's just all so bizarre and heartbreaking.

>Why exactly does your son want to join the Jewish faith?
>Uh, I don't know. He's bi-curious.

Those 3 episodes that they made into Stewie Griffin the Untold Story were my favorites

Much like how Joe's first episode has Peter get offended that the community idolises him because it makes him feel insecure. Now Joe's entire role in the show is one big joke about how disabled people aren't really people.

Stewie Kills Lois & Lois Kills Stewie two-parter

On a tangent from that thought - that episode has one of my favourite jokes from the show.

>[Police Scanner] We have a gang shooting on Third and Main. Three wounded, one dead.
>Is it me, or is rap music just getting lazier?

PTV for me. Interestingly enough, PTV perfectly represents the shift between old pre-cancelation Family Guy and new post-revival Family Guy. It heavily relies on cut-aways, some quite long, to the point of the actual plot being more of an after thought. Especially, the ending which wraps up everything way too fast. And yet the old humor and writing is still there.

We've talked about this many times. But had Family Guy not been revived, people would warmly remember it as a cult classic that just couldn't make it.

I still actively watch the show as it airs and enjoy quite a few episodes.

The one with Norm Macdonald as the Grim Reaper

The first time I saw that one I legit teared up when Brian brings the VR headset to Pearl in the hospital and they live out a married life together before she dies, then cracked up laughing when the doctor wanders past the room and goes "Heh, hey, who wants to see a dead body?!"

Wait it got canceled a second time?

I never sat trough a whole episode, stuff happen on the screen and none of it entertains or makes me laugh.

This.
Family Guy went to shit when it started trying to be too political and current. It wanted to be South Park but felt more like Zombie Simpsons.

Everything from seasons 1-4. Not one failed to make me laugh.

Pre-cancelation Family Guy had some novelty, but the animation was terrible (everyone has the same bedroom/half asleep eyes) and the jokes were ham-fisted. Kind of like how anyone actually thinks season 1 of the simpsons was anything more than a kindergartener's attempt at what the show could become.

Even if the humor is more knee-jerk cringy I prefer the over all asthetic of the later seasons more.

same here