Marvel comics has played around a lot with the idea of heroes having publicly known identities for their heroes...

Marvel comics has played around a lot with the idea of heroes having publicly known identities for their heroes, but I can't think of any in DC... are there any?

Pretty sure Mister Terrific is publicly known.

It doesnt come up often because they mainly stay in space, but most of the Green Lanterns dont really bother with keeping one. For instance Kyle debriefed the US Government on what went down at the end of Omega Men in civilian clothing.

They don't know that mr terriffic is scott free, they just know that mr. terriffic the escape artist is the same as mr. terriffic thet superhero

Kenan Kong

Animal man

I remember there was an arc where Guy and John kept dealing with all the bullshit that comes with having a public identity, so they decided to fuck off and live on Oa.

>scott free
You mean Mister Miracle

>They don't know that mr terriffic is scott free, they just know that mr. terriffic the escape artist is the same as mr. terriffic thet superhero

Booster Gold, Steel, Starfire, Elongated Man, Aquaman.

That's off the top of my head. Not sure about Booster though.

Flash was publicly known for a little while, right? Jay and Wally?

Booster's civilian identity wont exist until a few centuries later, so he pretty much lives as his Superhero idenity 24/7

Detective Chimp

>he pretty much lives as his Superhero idenity 24/7
Does Wonder Woman bother with a secret ID these days? I remember when she was literally the ambassador for Themyscira and lived in the embassy ( back before Nu52 ); but haven't been keeping up with the Rebirth stuff.

Everyone knows who Aquaman is currently.

yep, both

I assume that's going to bite Kenan in the ass later on, someone will probably come after Lois Ling or somebody he knows.

I'm pretty sure his parents can handle themselves at least though.

Sup Forums really doesn't read comics.

Wally West's identity was publicly known for years until he had the Specter wipe the world's mind.

>Calling Marvel "Marvel Comics"
>Mr. Terrific is Scott Free
>"The Specter"
So is this thread like, all casuals?

It's the SPECTRE, you idiot.

thats gay and it basically sounds the same so fuck off faggot

It's his fucking name, get it right faggot

fuck you idiot

Stay mad, casual

Op here...
I call it marvel comics to distinguish it from marvel cinematic universe, marvel cartoons, marvel live action tv, etc... etc.. etc... I am only interested in comics.

Is RDJ wearing lipstick in that scene? I don't recall him having such luscious, rosy lips...

Ralph Dibny literally went around with a sign that said "I am the famous Elongated Man!"

>"The Specter"
Autocorrect doesn't have a neckbeard setting. Deal with it.

technically, both of his parents are deceased as far as most of the 'criminal elements' and other elements in China and elsewhere are concerned

Manlets gotta manlet to keep up with the far superior competition

This is why people hate phoneposters.
You're too stupid and/or lazy to spell correctly and just go with whatever your device tells you.

Everyone knows who Superman is. He's Kal-El, son of Jor-El, an alien from the planet Krypton who lives in the Fortress of Solitude and chills on the JLA Watchtower.

Animal Man

I don't know if this is just as bad or worse as reddit calling Scott free Miracle Man.

If I remember correctly the Wonder family is public.

Vixen, at least currently, is a celebrity and successful entrepreneur, and as the spokeperson of the JLA, her identity is known publicly

>Lois Ling
why is this a thing?

>Lois Ling
This can't be real

It's Laney Lan
equally subtle if you ask me