Well this episode didn’t age well

Well this episode didn’t age well

You're right, and the writers are retarded. But this isn't the place for politics. So leave.

It's modern South Park. What did you expect?

I challenge you to find a south park episode from after season 15 that has aged well.

Trey and Matt buying into the Trump just does the first thing that comes to mind narrative was honestly surprising to me. That those two could get triggered is just so weird to me.

They were just butthurt that their season got fucked up because they assumed trump would lose

Have you seen that episode of Black Mirror where some comedians shitty mascot runs for office as a joke but then surprisingly gets way more support then he really should and he realizes just how stupid and hypocritical he himself is to the other politicians?

Well it's exactly like that. The whole anarcho-libertarian "Fuck everything, everything is bullshit" only seems appealing when you have an actual straight man trying to get shit done.

When "fuck politics, lets just fuck everything up" became the new counter-culture Matt and Trey began to realize how dumb and unproductive they actually are.

Not to say this new political misanthropy is undeserved, but rather its a solution to a consequence with no real solution.

That's because they got fucked over by Trump's election last season.

A cartoon made itself about politics, a thread for said cartoon now is a gateway for politics being justifiably used. It sucks though

Let's not talk about the shitty cartoon that people pretend was ever good.

Plenty of good cartoons not made by homosexuals.

Not really. People still remember when the two were trading back handed comments like a couple of school girls

>implying that reunion will end well

Not very political (or 'murrican) so maybe I'm missing something, but it never seemed different from regular South Park shenanigans. Having to rewrite the season on the fly because somebody you didn't expect to win did doesn't seem triggered, just a change of target.

Seriously, you really think people will forget that?

Was gonna say Medicinal Fried Chicken, but holy crap that was seven seasons ago already

>began to realize how dumb and unproductive they actually are
just fucking cut me down why dont you user

yes
a million times yes, we live in an age where to most people shit don't matter, none of this fucking matters. literally 5 years after trum has left the office everyone will forget all about this dumb shit, cause big wheels keep on turning motherfucker

Don't forget that South Park helped popularize the "all these people are stupid, politics are stupid, everything sucks" attitude in the first place, an attitude which ultimately culminated in Trump being elected. So, in a way, Trump is one of Matt and Trey's creations.

Are you serious?

The last good episode they made was make love not warcraft. Every single episode afterward was forgettable trash

But, at least for now, the thing is that all this shit WORKED. Kim wants to meet with Trump and wants to negotiate. Trump's insane brand of diplomacy actually seems to have paid off, something even I never saw coming.

But they are, they are, and it does. Our government is run by pedophiles and lizard people.

Yeah but now they’re going to have a peace summit.

Oh wait no, it was cancelled because it was never happening in the first place, the God-Emperor was just sundowning again. Oops!

correlation≠causation

>matt and trey got old

Boiled that down for you. Funnily it reminds me of that south park episode with MTV from 20 years ago where they have a parody of some middle-aged MTV host complaining about why he's even on MTV when everyone else is half his age. That's Matt and Trey now, they've become the old guy they joked about when they were in their 20s. So sad.

Don't mistake your cynicism for experince.

>the thing is that all this shit WORKED.
Not really.

>I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!
Huh? That looks like a tweet that aged like wine.

user plz.

Yes let's just ignore that Trump would have never won against anyone but fucking Hillary Clinton, the most uncharismatic woman in the world.

South K has been talking to North K, USA has NOT been involved in the talks.. Basically South Korea just wants things to cool the fuck off. Trump hasn't done shit regarding diplomacy.

>"all these people are stupid, politics are stupid, everything sucks" attitude
People hate Jon Stewart now?

I like when I don't even need to respond because anons are so salty I win without saying anything.

She won the popular vote though. In a literal popularity contest she won.

And that means fuck all in the electoral college system. Peoples voting behavior is affected by this. They may or may not vote if they live in a red/blue or swing state respectively. If you did another election where the popular vote counts and Hillary STILL wins, then you have a point.

Why are lefties so upset that Trump is lowering the probability of nuclear war? I thought the whole "we must show our enemies we're strong" shtick was a neocon trait.

It still surprises me that he won, a former reality TV show host with no political or military experience is running the strongest country in the world.

This has never been about nuclear war, not really at least. This is about NK getting enough power to be dicks outside of their own country and basically everyone is going to have to deal with their retarded behavior because nukes. Nukes are just a card to be shown not actually played.

>Why are lefties so upset that Trump is lowering the probability of nuclear war?

He hasn't done anything, what are you talking about?

That's because the news media is infotainemnt by and large and thought having a retard in office would be good for ratings. And they were right.

It didn't, South Korea is the one making peace, Trump might as well ruin it when he meets with the Supreme loser.

He already sperged at the Mexican President because supposedly he told Trump Mexico wouldn't pay for the wall.

Will be amazing if Trump of all things is the name History has to remember for the end of the Korean crisis

Wow, you are like just an hour too late for that comment.

I'm responding to the idea that it was Clinton not being charismatic enough to win. In a contest of who do you like more, Clinton won.

He's accepted an invitation to talks with South and Best Korea. Much as I don't like the guy, that IS doing something.

Not that I think it'll amount to anything. Not because of Trump, of course, but because North Korea has a bit of a history of making a show of playing nice before closing up borders when they get what they want out of the rest of the world.

>Trump is a self-centered, narcissist madman
>So let's increase his powers to spy on Americans and force him to be more aggressive towards nuclear powers
Liberals...

>Don't forget that South Park helped popularize the "all these people are stupid, politics are stupid, everything sucks" attitude

That is funny that all these people who have spent the past decade spouting this attitude or at least pretended to agree with it got it shoved right back in their face with Trump's election. It's amazing to see how many people don't actually mean what they say

>He's accepted an invitation to talks with South and Best Korea.
As of like 3 hours ago this isn't true anymore.

But he isn't gonna meet with them. All History will remember is that Trump just thoughtlessly agreed to meeting with North Korea which is already conceding to North Korea.

>Not that I think it'll amount to anything. Not because of Trump, of course, but because North Korea has a bit of a history of making a show of playing nice before closing up borders when they get what they want out of the rest of the world.
Yeah, it's all those other countries that are the trouble makers.

Jesus Christ, user. The US killed 20% of their population just once and now they're branded as villains forever.

Can we just step back a mnute and just realise that a reality TV host is currently the serving President of the United States and all the crazy shit that we've had to deal with, from his show to his steak, to his campaign, will all be archived and recorded in history books for future generations. Our grand kids will ask us about the Trump presidency when we're older.

Just rest on that...

Clinton wasn't charismatic enough to win the election; this is an objective truth, because she isn't the POTUS right now. Saying that she won the "popular vote" is meaningless, because that isn't how the Presidential election works. As that user said, we would have to have an entirely separate election with different rules where the popular vote is the determining factor in order to find out if she would have won, because people's voting patterns would have been different. As that will never happen, we can only guess at how things might have turned out, with all the human fallibility inherent to guessing.

I love this.
>Trump told South korean that he will meet with North Korea
>then he tells the offical to go ahead and tell the press because he thought this would get him good press

The US has nothing to lose in meeting with Un. If Trump can actually broker a deal that leads to unification, then we'll finally have made more progress in a year than in 50

He'll be Calvin Coolidge tier.

>Clinton wasn't charismatic enough to win the election
>this is an objective truth
No it's not, saying it is does not make it so.
>Saying that she won the "popular vote" is meaningless,
It means more people wanted her to be president than Trump which means means she didn't lose the election because she was uncharismatic.

>The US has nothing to lose in meeting with Un.
Nothing to gain either. North Korea has absolutely no leverage so we refrain meeting them till they disarm.

If it still comes off to you as a genuine shock, you probably still haven't realized how piss poor American society has become to have allowed such an election to occur.

If she was charismatic, why didn't enough of the right people vote for her? Is she only charismatic within a certain subset of the populace, whereas Trump was more charismatic across a wider geographical area?

And I just explained to you why you can't deduce her popularity from the popular vote if the electoral college system affects voter behavior...

Say if you have a hot dog eating contest and the rules are that the guy who eats the most hot dogs in 10 minutes wins, and there's person A who eats 20 hotdogs in 10 minutes and person B who eats 30 hotdogs in 20 minutes but couldn't beat the other guy in the initial timespan. Would you immediately assume that person B could beat person A if the rules were changed and they had 20 minutes?

I don't get why you faggots insist this matters. The very first seasons were full of dated references from the 80s, early 90s or even earlier like Bryan Boitano or Mecha Godzilla. And you had a bunch of topic of the week stuff that most people don't even realize were current. And later you got episodes where the reference was literally only relevant for a week. Who the fuck even knows Jacking it in San Diego is a reference to Kony 2012? Does that stop anyone from enjoying those episodes? No.
In fact the issue only seems to exist when people do get what's referenced.

And of all things Trump handling diplomacy through inflammatory tweets is dated? What a crock of shit.

If she was charismatic she would have been able to get votes outside of the blue fortresses that are the coastal cities. If she was able to act like anything other than a lizard wrapped in human skin she would not have lost traditionally blue states to king retard.

>If Trump can actually broker a deal that leads to unification,
This isn't even remotely close to happening.
All that is going on is that Un has perfected his atomic fireworks, and he's open to accepting massive gibs in return for not setting them off and worrying the neighbors.

Considering current events, it's aged pretty well.

>And of all things Trump handling diplomacy through inflammatory tweets is dated?
He hasn't done it for weeks! Well, at least days.

Tweek x Craig?

>North Korea has absolutely no leverage
Chinese labor is becomming expensive. Need a new slave sweatchop for your iphones.

My president is maried to a pedophile at the moment, and paid himself the seat by literally having no political experience before. My head is sore enough from the facepalming already.

I liked Cash4gold

I keep track of American politics but I'm not actually from America so I can't say with certainty what's going down on ground zero. But during the whole campaign I was thinking, "Man, how fucked is your political system if someone that so many people hate can waltz on in and nominate himself for President."

But to steer the topic away for a second so the Mods don't nuke the thread, I kinda wish there were more cartoons and comics out there that focused on politics. Not "fuck Drumpf" or "SJWs. am I right lads?" but as in, legitimate politicians and/or people in political situations. I dunno, it just feels like a lot of potential is there if someone has the drive and imagination to go somewhere with it, even in a non-satirical way.

Actually, yes. One of the biggest signifiers in who an individual was going to vote for in the 2016 election was a college education.
These are less common in rural and poorer areas.
Hence, Trump was more popular in the backwoods and boondocks of America.

Is there a problem with that?

Best way to translate that to comics imo is have realistic politics in a setting that's just far enough away from reality so as to not trigger the culture war faggots.

She had twice the budget as Trump.
The press, Hollywood, late-night shows and everybody with a platform constantly shat on the other guy.
His own party did everything to sink him. He was a magnet for scandals.
She had the support of a popular presidency.

And she still only got 3M votes more in all the wrong places.

>if she was able to act like anything other than a lizard wrapped in human skin
I can't help that you buy into cultthink user.

Yeah cuz stupid people are inferior to my fancy living

Nightmare on FaceTime, Insecurity, and Handicar isn’t that bad tbqh

Yeah that's what I was thinking could work. Game of Thrones is already pretty popular and does a pretty good job at emulating medieval politics. Nothing is stopping someone from making a politically-charged sci-fi series.

If the majority of well educated people think something is a bad idea, and the majority of uneducated people do, yeah probably.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Where there are tards and hillbillies, there are problems.

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote

That would be my dream book. I'm worldbuilding a sci-fi fantasy series that aims to do just that.

>colleges have become less about actual higher education and more about indoctrinating malleable 20-somethings into the cult of left-think
>college "educated" individuals were more likely to vote Hillary

Wow. Who'd have fucking thought?

Don't Democrats support the poor and the uneducated?

>colleges have become less about actual higher education and more about indoctrinating malleable 20-somethings into the cult of left-think
Is that your justification for not going to college? Because the liberals are out to get you?

>buzzwords
>all the buzzwords

M8 even fairly conservative thinkers and organizations thought trump would be bad news.

Me too. I'm just trying to spur discussion to see who'd be interested in the premise and generate some new ideas.

Of course, user. As every liberal progressive on the right side of history knows, educated people should have a louder voice because they know better what's good for the country. Less educated people should be quiet and shut up.

Of course, people with a college education and further are more likely to be white. And people with less education tend to be people of color. That should tell you a lot about their secret loyalties.

A well educated electorate probably wouldn't have ignored the warning signs of how shit of a president he was gonna be.

Yes, by encouraging them to go to college and no longer be so fucking poor and uneducated. As opposed to the GOP, who seems to think a permanent class of serfs would be ideal.

The Democrats are the only leftist party in the West to lose the white working class vote.
I assume that answers your question.

Kinda.

I mean, if poorly educated people are voting one way, that's generally not the way you want to go. Not every person without a good education is stupid (not even close), but they are less likely to have certain knowledges and critical thinking skills. Historically they're less likely to thoroughly research a topic, and more likely to act on hearsay and rabble-rousing.

This doesn't mean the poorly educated shouldn't vote. It means more people should have access to good education.

>liberals overwhelmingly support programs and policies to help minorities gain access to better education and living standards
>this makes them racist because things aren't 100% equal yet

>I mean, if poorly educated people are voting one way, that's generally not the way you want to go.
Gentle reminder that blacks and Hispanics vote Democrat.

>educated people should have a louder voice because they know better what's good for the country.
That's exactly what the founding fathers wanted. They didn't want to put a total moron to ride on a back of ill educated idiots to the presidency.

Ideally, so they can become less poor and a little bit more educated. Republicans just fuck the poor and uneducated because those dumbfucks will still vote for them.

Agreed. Let's do the progressive thing and bring back literacy tests. It's on the right side of history.

Your grammar and punctuation makes it clear you're not one of those 'educated people'

Why are Democrats so bad at persuading the poor and uneducated to vote for them?

Because republicans don't give a shit about blacks or Hispanics. Makes them smarter than poor dumb white folk.