Deadpool 2 early reactions and feelings

Deadpool 2 has some early reactions and responses.

Welp. It don’t look so good....

>fire the director and let Reynolds and his "comedy" take over

yeah i'm not shocked

>The initial story, also from the Wrap, said that Miller’s leaving had to do with the director wanting a much more stylized action sequel, while Reynolds wanted to stick to the humor-based tone of the first one.
>According the reports released over the weekend, the final straw had to do with the casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable. Reynolds objected and won the fight with the studio. But lost the director.

Reminder this movie literally killed a black woman.

I'm not surprised at all. People have hyped up the first Deadpool as the greatest film ever, and it had 11 years to refine itself. Now we got a sequel where the original director quit because disagreements and everyone think they can do no wrong. The fact that they brought back Colossus and Negasonic proves they will do the troupe of "repeat the first movie's gags" that every sequel comedy does.

Fuck, even Aquaman got good early reactions, this is bad, really bad.

Disney is paying shills to discredit this movie (and Dark Pheonix). They are forcing the media to turn against Fox’s X-Men so their MCU can be supreme with no competition.

>Ryan Reynolds movie sucks
News at 11.

/thread

>Disney shilling against their own properties
Deadpool trilogy will be connected to MCU and they will use the same incarnation of the character

While I don't generally trust any sort of "early reviews", since they are wrong more often than not, I would not be surprised if that first Deadpool movie was a fluke.

Also, the writers had years to work on the script for the first one, but only had a few months to write the sequel.

Problem. How the fuck do you explain Negasonic and Colossus? Reboot it so we can get a Domino that isn't afro girl.

>Harris was an experienced motorcycle rider, but this was her first movie stunt. The source said rumors that she was not qualified for the job, and was hired only because she was black and was doubling for an actress of mixed race

oh well if some random guy on the internet said it it MUST be true

fucking gullible moron

What are some good Deadpool comics?

>was hired only because she was black
So this is the result of positive discrimination, folks.

How many black motorcycle stunt women are there in Hollywood?

Out of the nine hundred things to complain about, why even give a faint shit about Domino's ethnicity? It's not like she's an Aryan rights activist or something.

They made Domino black with a big afro and had her character in a scene riding a motorcycle without a helmet and in skimpy clothes. They needed a stunt woman for the scene....

Not many apparently.

Deadpool and Cable

One less

>Deadpool trilogy will be connected to MCU
It won’t. Disney is rebooting the X-Men when they come to MCU (like Spider-Man).

Deadpool will at most have a Netflix series but can’t show up in the MCU unless he’s toned down. Also they are replacing all the actors.

And No, Hugh is not returning as Wolverine. Don’t you even dare suggest otherwise.

>Man complains about movie he didn't see.

Truly, one of us.

>delete your negative review, please
Thanks, Rotten Tomatoes.

Pffffthahahahahahaha! Oh damn!

Why couldnt they do both? It worked for GotG.

He’s talking to people who did see the movie, you dumb shill.

Domino has a very distinct look in the comics and it was striking. To go from that to big afro girl, who I no doubt guess will have 70's music play whenever she's onscreen, is annoying. You know how fags get upset that black armbands are on Spider-Man's costume? Why should we be fine with afro Domino?

So let me get this straight, he wants to write reviews of a film he hasn't himself seen, and send them to review websites?

He's like a food critic who stands outside and reads the body language of the customers through the window to determine how good the food is?
Yeah, fuck this guy.

GotG was a 30% LELSORANDUMBER.

>He’s talking to people who did see the movie, you dumb shill.
That's not how movie reviews work. That's how strawpolls work.

>he didn't claimed to have watched the movie slowpoke

>a random tweet is a review

this

it's fucking pathetic but of course Sup Forums eats it up and then forces it on us

No, he knows people that went to the screening and is sharing what they've said.
He's not reviewing anything.

>Fox this desperate to damage control their shitty movie
Kek.

This was just a shitpost and has no bearing in reality btw

>Joke's on you, I don’t actually know what I am talking about and only spouting unverifiable claims based on anonymous supposed 2nd-hand accounts!
>Somebody pay me for this!

Hey cool, now we can all "know a guy" who went to a private screening and generate buzz (or negative buzz) for upcoming movies!

No, they didn't
she was an entirely different complexion to the actress playing domino (see pic)

She was literally only hired because they wanted a black woman, not even a similar looking lighter brown woman (which they did eventually end up getting after killing the first stunt woman)

Quips kill the movie

>Disney this desperate to damage control their shitty movie
fixed for you

Disney doesn’t own Fox (yet). Fox wants to go out in a bang before the Mouse fully absorbs them.

Oh well, if it's somehow tangentially related to Disney (?) then it must be Pure Jewish Evil.

Source that's not from your ass.

I was worried when that first came out. Miller's action style was the star of the first movie, not the humor. A lot of the jokes were really obnoxious and on a Waidpool level, but with a Kelly storyline.

>More focus on the comedy than the action
Oh this is going to be cringe.

Joe Kelly's run is the best

Joe Kelly's run.

The bigger and more sucessful fox is before the merging the better,this movie being big is on DIsney full interest

Kelly is best like others have said.
Duggan is also really good.

What was he reviewing? He just said he was told people didn't like it.

Nah. Disney wants FoX-Men to fail so they can reboot it in the MCU. They even asked them to cancel Dark Pheonix because they had plans for a future MCU X-Men movie and didn’t want DarkPH confusing people. Fox said no and kept going.

>implying Disney would be able to compete with the Fox movies
You're funny.

>Miller's action style was the star of the first movie
There is literally one "great" action scene in the entire movie, Deadpools' attack at the highway.
There are basically no other action scenes until the final act, the Colossus/Neg vs Angel Dust fight was ok, and the fight against Ajax is pretty meh by action movie standards.

What the fuck, are you counting the slapstick with Deadpool breaking himself on Colossus or something?

90% of the first Deadpool movie is just Reynolds laying bantz. Which is why the movie succeeded, it wasn't because it was some Kung-Fu action spectacle.

It's like I'm having a discussion with the guy who evaluates movies he hasn't seen.

Ironic really. Ryan helped save the Deadpool movie by pushing it to be made and demanding it be rated-R. Then he killed it.

The first movie doesn't hold up. And Arnold comedy is pretty cringe so maybe its tur and Deadpool 2 is a mess.

The most hilariously tragic part about this is that Harris is of a considerably darker complexion than the actress she was doing stunt work for, making the whole justification for hiring her even more nonsensical.

The stunt woman did not necessarily need to be black, is the point.

First Fox ruins the X-Men and now they ruined Deadpool. Rest in Piss, you Fucks.

I've heard that they want to push Phoenix and New Mutants to the streaming service, but I don't think they want to recast Reinolds if this doesn't tank, but according to this he seems a little retard, just like Norton with Hulk

>It's over, Deadpool is no good now
>Deadpool was never good, we wuz fooled!
>Niggers, amiright

You're as bad as DCEUfags.

When are people going to realize that quips aren’t always good? Especially forced ones and unfunny ones? And ones that ruin serious moments?

Why are you ascribing racism to my post?

I liked it when i first watch it but recently i watch it again and it was pretty lame

Shut up, Mouse

Because we've already had 1000 "she died for affirmative action" threads, this thread wasn't even remotely related to Domino, the stunt gone wrong or any aspect of that, and yet you jump in with glee with "The hilarious part about" someone dying in a stunt who "didn't NEED to be black."

Seriously, go reevaluate your life.

>DCEUfags
ONE and the same

Hi Ladderbro.

Why couldnt Ryan have humor and action. The first had both. Focusing on one iver the other is stupid.

Not surprising after they lost the first director.

So now that Ryan no longer has Deadpool to prop him up is his career dead?

>A black woman died for this film

Unsurprising, the first one sucked too.

Deadpool kinda works better when he's told as a 'sad clown' story. Where his humor is masking the fact he knows the situation or he's fucked in the long run. We got that in the first one with his unwillingness to see Vanessa after his mutation.

But there's none of that in DP2 from what I can see. He got the girl and now it's going into the style of some of the worse Deadpool stories.

This wouldn’t have happened if they cast a white Domino. Just sayin.

"Hilariously tragic", user. Don't misquote me and then use that misquote to ascribe racism where none exists. This thread may not be about Domino, but the post I was replying to was.

A stunt person does not need to be the same race as the person they are performing stunts for, period. In such a dangerous line of work it is more important that they are able to perform the tasks at hand. The point is that their skin colors were not even remotely similar either way, so it would have been necessary to fix with editing or clever camera work anyway. If they had trouble finding an African American stunt woman to fill that position, their first choice should not have been to hire someone unqualified to perform said stunts and then have them work without a helmet, it should have been to go with the next best available option. A woman is dead because of their negligence and it was entirely preventable on their part. That is inexcusable.

His what?

And a Cable who actually looked like Cable.

He never claimed to have seen the movie

great!

>If they had trouble finding an African American stunt woman to fill that position
Has this ever been said, implied or reliably quoted? Or is it just conjecture pulled from your cheeks?

Maybe they shouldn’t have cast a serial rapist like T.J. Miller hmmmm?

Dark Phoenix will function to reboot the X-Men team. The X-Men team will get transported into the MCU as a result of things that occur in the movie. That's similar to one of the Phoenix's powers. J-Law got Red Sparrow to be in to help fulfill her Fox movie contract without being in more X-Men movies. Deadpool and New Mutants will, for some period of time, stay in the universe the main X-Men team is in before the end of Dark Phoenix.

Cable is literally just an old white guy with a glowing eye, white hair, and a cybernetic arm. His age is really the only thing unique about him. I like Chandler a lot, but he didn't have the necessary grit and craggy-ness about him.
Unless of course you were alluding to Stephen Lang, in which case you're absolutely right.

Disney doesn’t want to use Fox’s shitty X-Men, you dumbass. You’re as dumb as the people who said Andrew Garfield was going to be in the MCU.

Disney is rebooting the X-Men. They aren’t transporting shitty FoX-Men to the MCU.

*slaps you face*

Idiot.

>His age is really the only thing unique about him.
>not his enormous muscles, his thousands of teeth, and his guns the size of a truck
Fucking casuals.

Deadpool is dead.

This but unironically.

that last one is the best

Anyone who has followed deadpool knows this always happens. He gets a writer that knows how to balance the action, self-loathing, and humor and the book gets praised. Unfortunately the funny bits are the easiest to share, the bigwigs think those shares mean people want a slapstick Deadpool, and a new "funny" writer gets installed. The book flounders and is handed off a few times until someone who gets the balance writes for it again. It is what it is.

and thats a good thing!

They should've just quit while they were ahead. Fuck sequels.

Well it will probably still do well thanks to casuals. What I'm bothered by is that a poor woman died for this film because FOX ignored safety measures for the sake of saving money/a needless race swap.

Can you reasonably explain why they did not hire an African American stunt woman with experience performing film stunts? If there were better available options, why was Harris selected?

>*slaps you face*
*face fades from existence, you slapped a speed-clone*
*teleports behind you*
You: N-NANI??!!
*slits your throat*
Nothing personnel, kid.

People have died for less.

Not him, but there aren't that many stuntmen/women, at least ones with veteran experience. Usually filmakers just use simple camera tricks, makeup, or CGI to get around certain hoops, but FOX was adamant on getting a woman who looked very similar to the actress, and waved safety measures to do it. She wasn't a stuntwoman, but a motocross rider, and no one on set felt comfortable. It was a simple stunt sure, but the on set stuntman adamantly expressed his displeasure even after walking her through it.

Disney won't bring xmen to the MCU until the MCU is nearing the end of its viability for the boost.

Right now it suits then fine, the xmen get to be the mature comparatively more inventive off the wall branch of superhero block buster and the MCU gets to be the enjoyable all ages quipfest.

Basically keep them separate but not competing.