I understand Batman not wanting to kill criminals but why does he have to save criminals?

I understand Batman not wanting to kill criminals but why does he have to save criminals?

>human life lose it's value if you break a law

Batman doesn't want what happened to him to happen to anyone, regardless of how shitty they are, everyone is someones child or someones parent. It's not a particularly good moral, Gotham would be much better if Batman killed his villains, but that's not the character

Human life is sacred and evil must be punished at all costs.

I'm a fireman, i dont care if you are a nigger, jew or a rapist, i will try to save you even if i hate what you are, i expect archetype tier superheroes to have stronger morals than me or anyone else i know.

why do you hate black people user

Including saving the Joker of all people from being executed?

In the immortal words of Burgess Meredith "Every one of them has a mother."

He probably works in an area with a huge number of riots

>I understand Batman not wanting to kill criminals but why does he have to save criminals?
Depends on the criminal, but for the most part he doesn't really care a whole lot for their well being. Joker has seemingly died in front of his multiple time, and he hasn't given a single fuck, he didn't care about Hugo Strange seemingly getting gunned down by the police, nor did he seem very conflicted to leaving random goons to get eaten by sharks in Venom either.

What if the people you’re saving are repeat-offender mass murderers who have every intention to continue killing and will do so the moment they’re given another opportunity?

Depending on the writer, Batman ultimately just has an issue with death because his parents.
He doesn't want people to die even if he or someone else thinks the world would be better off with them dying.
So he dresses up like a Bat to stop people from dying.

Save the black people, but not the niggers:)

Tenma, is that you?

>Human life is sacred

Christ, shut your fucking hole with that sanctimonious shit, you're saying you'd jump into a burning building to save someone like the Joker of all people?

80's Batman didn't care, which is why he's the best Batman.

I've just read through all the 11 issues of Detective Comics where "Batman has a gun" (yes, only eleven before he was soft-rebooted into a kid-friendly "& Robin" version)

This is the only instance of Batman using a gun against someone. The only one, and it's a vampire.

He also uses a gun to threaten some goons for information, but never fires, he also shoots up at the air to alert the police and in the only instance where he's shown to have a gun holstered (in all others he has no visible holster and could be feasibly using a gun he picked up from goons he beat up) he uses it to blow up some fuel barrels and destroy some ray guns.

Why the fuck is Golden Age Batman always portrayed like he's the fucking Punisher in hindsight?

Barr was great at this.

He doesn't fuck around.

There was also him leaving KGBeast in a locked room to nearly starve to death.

Depends on the criminal. If its a desperate mugger who slipped and is falling of a building he'll save him, if its someone like Zsasz picking a fight with armed cops he'll stand back and watch them die.

Joker only becomes an issue because of poor writing making him kill a ridiculous amount of people, while his popularity means he can never die or stay in Arkham a reasonable amount of time. Also the sheer retardation some writers have gotten into their heads that they're in love in some way fucks shit up too.

Yeah, Starlin was another "Batman won't save your criminal ass" kind of writer. He also had Batman shoot a hole through a parademon's chest in Cosmic Odyssey. Pretty sure he killed someone in The Cult too while mind-broken.

>Including saving the Joker of all people from being executed?
Well the alternative to let a bunch of innocent people die.

So they can face trial, or get the medical help they need.

nice meme response batman
jesus

And he basically set up a guy so he would die of withdrawal syndrome.

Don’t disrespect a serviceman like that over some trivial shit, boy.

During the past century comics went through several major changes and shifts in tone. The 20's were closer to now culturally than any other era in a lot of ways. Both we and they are stuck in the gilded age. Media was fairly free to be written as people pleased and it was often dark and socially critical. Society was corrupt as hell and messed up, and comics reflected people's desire to have a guy come along that could punch their problems in the face and get away with it. Batman of the golden age would let people die but wasn't gunning down everyone. He was mostly pragmatic (and a ripoff of the shadow).

The comics code authority was the biggest change. Mass censorship tends to do that. Superheroes were now pretty hamstrung under those restrictions, which were extensive. No blood, no death, no vampires (yes, really). Overall it pretty much made superheroes utterly harmless. This is really the whole source of the "no killing no deaths never ever" period.

In the 90's the CCA was gone and people started exploring superheroes being extra gritty and grim, with the more recent DC movies sucking in the same way. They tried to just go over the top with blood and violence and everything being awful and grimderp because they could. Also, they thought that was what was mature since it was what was prohibited before. Why? To protect children! So of course the opposite of that would be mature. On the other end of it we got the DCAU.

Now it's all been put together as part of a comprehensive mythos. He's one murder away from being the superhero equivalent of a school shooter. He doesn't want to kill anyone because he's actually insane in a must-save-everyone way. He wants to serve as an example standing against that violence. Some incarnations can kill, but they do so in a way that'd do his golden age incarnation proud - like the train jump in Batman Begins. It makes more sense now but it's all based on real world changes to the industry.

Batman thinks life is sacred, you know, the guy that was the kid of a DOCTOR, got educated by catholics and eastern monks?

Everything about batman's background means life is sacred for him.

>In the 90's the CCA was gone and people started exploring superheroes being extra gritty and grim, with the more recent DC movies sucking in the same way
In case of Batman comic they are, for the most par, a lot grimmer now that they were in the 90s.

That just speculation on Batman's part.

Batman would save a larger number of lives by ensuring these murderers don’t continue killing dozens of people every time they escape prison

He would be justified in his actions if the police were remotely competent and used the death penalty themselves, but as it stands Batman’s just facilitating more murder

A mass murder killing more people if left alone is just common sense.

>Capture and execute Osama without trial
>he turn into a martir
>jihadism skyrocket

He would save more by taking control of the american military, he would save more by using the league to conquer the world .

See? your argument it's retarded.

But then how does he sell comics?

Oh then he should kill millions to save billions?

>Why the fuck is Golden Age Batman always portrayed like he's the fucking Punisher in hindsight?
Casuals who hate camp running a meme into the ground

Batman using guns in the Golden Age is a myth.
Bill Finger was adamant that Batman shouldn't carry a gun and never kill with one. There were a few times he used one to give covering fire or as a tool of some sort, though.

There are about a dozen instances in the Golden Age of Batman using a gun of some sort, and a few of them were even mistakes, the most famous being when an artist drew Batman firing a machine gun in a plane despite the script not calling for it.

Batman being fanatically against guns for any purpose whatsoever and not letting any criminal die under any circumstances is a relatively recent thing that was just extrapolated from the Atomic/Silver Age squeaky clean gee whiz Batman.

It's not his place to be judge, jury and executioner, the Court of law is, Batman did his part, delivering the criminal to the government, the government failed to take measures, not Batman.

Why are you putting "niggers and jews" on the same level as rapists?

You're right, the Jews should be way above then on the villainous scale.

I disrespect people that hold that vapid belief of all human life being sacred because reasons, the life of a serial rapist isn't the same as the seven-year-old they buggered.

Also, get your tongue out of his ass, stop deifying people that put on a uniform because they wanted a fucking job.

These are from the days where Finger was phoning it in by copy pasting plots from the Shadow.
And that gun is, I shit you not, a grappling hook gun. Though he does wield a minigun in the same book.