JUSTice League

Why were the effects so fucking bad? They hold on this shot for a good three seconds and this image isn't even remotely modified (it's at 2160p).

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cg0wXVlxVo
instagram.com/p/BgHKOFvgFff/?taken-by=justiceleague
youtube.com/watch?v=2PZ3W1W20bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Supes kinda looks like he's making the Constanza face

All the money for special effects went into removing his mustache

I've seen video games with better production value. Steppenwolf was fucking terrible, like a Star Wars prequel alien

Steppenwolf looks like a ps2 generic enemy NPC, the fuck were these people thinking.

My guess is the reshoots had to have effects redone from scratch on a tighter budget and timeframe.

If this is true it really says a lot about how bad Snyder's version must have been.

It's a perfect example of what happens when you run into production issues and you try to fix everything in post.

Sometimes throwing money at your problems doesn't help.

I don't know who greenlit Steppenwolf's design. Like yeah, let's have another big, grey monster as the villain for our film. It's not like we don't have enough of those already.

Jesus, that looks like that Facebook Avengers game from a few years back.

I looks fine to me...

Oh wow, so basically Cyborg is just using Parademon tech in this universe? Because if that's what parademons look like, I'd have a hard time telling them apart

Best PS2 graphics of 2017.

Please tell me that's concept art. Are you actually defending this shit? Jesus how contrarian can you get

The sad part is, the special effects weren't the movies worst issue.
The terrible re-characterization of Wonder Woman and Batman, the awkward transition of Superman into Donner-man, the miserably stupid Flash and Aquaman...

And the movie's constant tryhard theme of rehabilitating Murderman in the eyes of general audiences.
All of these are larger problems than the unthreatening vidyagame badguy.

It’s actually a bigger problem with Hollywood as a whole. Basically CG companies go out of business because movie studios keep undercutting them. They pay for a cheap product so they get a cheap product.

>The terrible re-characterization of Wonder Woman
?

Literally Satan. Of course Zack went with this look. Biblical shit. What a fuckin hack.

What I find hilarious is that they straight up downplayed or completely left out everything related to Darkseid for the sake of making Steppenwolf look important/threatening. Think of the sequel
>"Oh that guy? Yeah he was my bitch uncle. Yeah I threw him a bone and gave him a squadron of Parademons and some ships. He doesn't really own shit. Also we have a shit load of those boxes"

>for the sake of making Steppenwolf look important/threatening
No that's not why they did it, they did so because they didn't want to be attacked for wasting time setting up future sequels like Bvs did with the cam footage of the league.

Which shows again, how WB reacts to criticisms in the WRONG way.
Setting up a future villain like Marvel has with Thanos is fine, but having the characters sit down and watch footage that looks like it was made for a trailer or viral marketing site was just dumb.

But that's just it, user, all Steppenwolf serves to be is a lead in for Darkseid. He was a stupid choice for a villain, no one fucking cares about him, and this film was already lead-ins for other films, namely Flash and Aquaman

Lighting. Put is simply that entire sequence originally was color corrected and edited with a darker color palette that leaned more towards blue.
Whedon in his ultimate wisdon decided to go with red to make it seem more sinister thus with this particular scene it looks garish because the lighting should be a different color and should have less sources.

I think it's a combination of both. They did it to avoid wasting time setting up sequels, while also hyping up Steppenwolf as his own thing. Who's gonna be scared of Darkseid's uncle?

I hope they release the concepts they had for him, Darkseid and Desaan.

>parademon tech

Parademons, like Mother Boxes, are both from The New Gods. Cyborgs current origin is being rebuilt with a Mother Box, the universes most powerful computers which are only ever used to Boom Tube people around. I'm still pissed they made such a big damn deal about those things.

>Who's gonna be scared of Darkseid's uncle?
Anyone who has read the comics? He is a badass mother fucker.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cg0wXVlxVo
Is he right, Sup Forums?

I know he's powered by a motherbox. But that didn't necessarily preclude him from looking different from the Parademons, who themselves look like bugmen transformers.

earth-2, and specifically the first Robinson issue, was literally the ONLY time Steppenwolf was shown to be formidable. And he went out like a bitch I his own lackey.

What are you, fucking 14? Steppenwolf has NEVER mattered, fuck your New 52 shit

Once again, NRS had a better design

They don't have to Darkseid, you do realize that right? That's how you're supposed to set up a sequel: As a maybe. Not as a "Oh yeah, we're totally going to have 10 movies leading up to Darkseid"

DCEU's failures come from trying to emulate the MCU, and what they did with Darkseid or rather the lack of what they did is a step in the right direction

Right, I'm just pointing out the stupid mentality behind it. He's a nonsensical lead in for Darkseid. Which what the hell would they do with him anyway after this, more Parademons? Starro, Vandal Savage, nearly anyone would have been better

No. Modern Parademon suck. The fact that they are literal scary bug men gets rid of what made them brilliant in Kirby's run

>universes most powerful computers which are only ever used to Boom Tube people around
You've never read any New Gods. Fuck you, don't ever post again.

Is this dynasty warriors?

Name one thing that they do outside of just booming people around. That's all they ever fucking do

This. What's with DC and trying to get the big event that forms the league to be an Apokolips invasion? You're just wasting the potential for a better story down the line. Just go with Starro, or Brainiac or literally anyone else for your first venture.

The problem is that, much like many DC properties, there really isn't a strong villain for the Justice League to fight. Brainiac is strictly a Superman villain. Starro doesn't lend itself well to a movie and would come off too goofy for what has already been established. The only ace up their sleeves is Darkseid who, as you said, isn't fit for a "bring the team together" storyline.

why was he weaker than Darkseid at all again? His brother, Yuga Khan, is stronger than Darkseid.

Brainiac is too linked to Superman, and other elements of his mythos like Kandor, Supergirl, and Krypton, to be introduced in a JL movie.

They change Orion's face (so they can alter people's appearance). They turn the Forever People into Infinity Man when they all touch the box. They communicate with their users. Mister Miracle uses Mother Box's various abilities to aid his escapes. IIRC Lightray uses a Mother Box to transform an evil Apokoliptian creature into a shiny New Genesis Glory Boat.
Mother Boxes are fucking spectacular. Keeping Glory Boat in mind, the 3 Boxes in the JL movie make a fine amount of sense.
If not, you could always just say these three Mother Boxes were specifically made by Apokolips to fuck planets up, and others are not like that.
Read some Kirby, man. It's good.

And yet, they're still primarily used for Boom Tubes. I'm not dissing Mother Boxes, I'm just saying that's what writers primarily use them for unless a specific reason arises in the narrative.

Are you kidding me user? I gave you a bunch of things the Mother Boxes can do, which validate their use in the movie, and you just shoot me down like that?
Yeah, most writers use them for Boom Tubes. But writers who have read Kirby's Fourth World know that they do so much more. I'm not saying Justice League was that good, but at least it acknowledged something most fans apparently didn't know.

user I never said Mother Boxes weren't amazing devices with a variety of uses, nor claimed there wasn't evidence of that fact. The problem is that making them a big damn deal in the first place in the movie was stupid. They're not fucking Infinity Gems, they're just tools of the New Gods that didn't need to be used as a macguffin hunt.

But they didn't do anything in Justice League that was TOO outside the realm of possibility for the comics versions.
If you bring Godly Smart Phones/Super Computers to Earth, then they SHOULD definitely be a big deal.

An iphone is just a tool to us, but give it to a caveman and whoa mama.

I don't care what people say, I loved this part and how those gothic dudes were chanting. That was nice.

>a Star Wars prequel alien
They looked good though.

It's still a stupid macguffin hunt plot, user.

Just League was suppose to be a two parter. WB fired Synder mild way through. Cut all of the story elements for the second part. Reshot a good chuck so that it could stand as a single movie. And ghen released it early so the big wigs could get their bonuses.

>bonuses
>implying this film made a cent for anyone

Snyder's original draft was each league member going through nightmares and having a Darkseid controlled Superman. That sounds unwatchable as the reports described

no it's not

And what was that?

>Lets make everything dark and confusing

WHY DO YOU WANT IT TO BE BAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Parademons are people. They're manipulated people. They're not big evil monsters, they're a generation of hopeless individuals who have been brainwashed to do darkseid's bidding. Making them literal bug people defeats the true horror to darkseid, that he manipulates the youth of apokolips so that they may never rise up against him. He destroys their hope and their will for resistance since birth and raises them to become soldiers. Making them nothing more than scary bug men means its only their bodies that are being changed, not their minds.

>>Everything should be just quipping bullshit like the MCU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey buddy, you realise that you can have an adaptation of something that isn't retard edgy as well as not being a quipfest with no stakes, right? Put your hateboner for Marvel away for a minute and look at the flaws affecting DC's films will you?

Yknow just because I hate one extreme doesn’t mean the other extreme doesn’t suck just as hard.

COME TOGETHER RIGHT NOW OH NO NO NO ME!

It looks bad because there's no sense of physics behind it. Their movements are without any kind of noise you naturally see in someone who is moving and they both look like they are wooden dummies posed. It was one of the distracting things I noticed in the first Superman movie as well.

>pre-broke his neck just for Man of Murder

This frame is okay-ish. Fire could use some work, though.

I had that same feeling watching that scene of Batman grappling away from Doomsday in BvS. In fact, lot of the CGI in the DCEU films feel really stilted and disconnected from reality. Like it's hard to explain but you look at a scene in one of those films and you just go, "That looks fake as shit."

Creativity by Committee is always fucking garbage. It's completely indefensible when it's literally a comic book film and you have some of the best comic artists in the world at your beck and call to make a design that could both work for the screen and capture his actual design. Hell I think Kirby's original could have been cool, give him the fur.

instagram.com/p/BgHKOFvgFff/?taken-by=justiceleague

Just...

>There's still people demanding a Snyder cut

The costumes and FX were incompatible for the new color direction Whedon wanted implemented during his new scenes.

He got his time to shine. What you want Kalibak? Would it made any difference?

Snyder wasn't there to enforce his autistic attention to detail so everyone had an off year and shat out whatever they could

Yeah that's why everyone hated Logan, right?

That barrel of laughs.

Except Snyder's aesthetic sucked too, it would have looked bad either way.

>Would it made any difference?

Kalibak vs Superman is one of the best episodes of STAS and both served as its own story while also setting up Darkseid shit.

You are just being obtuse trying to start a fight

You know, visually speaking, I think Snyder's only major fuck up was Cyborg. Jesus fucking christ I still can't believe they approved it.

Shit, wait, scratch that. Cyborg and casting Gal Gadot.

He's godawful fire-and-smoke CGI backgrounds and ugly sub-LOTR creatures have ruined the aesthetic of the DCEU forever. Now every ending fight in this franchise is going to look like the Doomsday bullshit, just look at how bad the final fight of Wonder Woman is and tell me that wasn't Snyder's fault for setting the house style.

>All the money for special effects went into removing his mustache
Reminder that you could do a better job with free software on your pc:
youtube.com/watch?v=2PZ3W1W20bk

no i'm not