Set Photo from X-Men: Dark Phoenix Reveals the Costumes

twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/972236823937409032/photo/1

not terrible

are they fighting astronauts?

>Mystique isn't the one who dies
D R O P P E D

Yeah, lets just get rid of those individual costumes we had at the end of Apocalyspe and just slap everyone in the same yellow x. Sure it looks classic, but its rather boring. Still better than old FOX-Men costumes I suppose, when they were just black jackets.

Furthermore, its hard to be invested when we know this is the last FOX installment, and its ending on such a shit story. Doesn't help that its just going to be rebooted in 4 years by Disney.

>JLaw is the one that dies
Picked up!

Wow it's back to the First Class/Morrison Run/Deadpool movie costumes. I like that a lot. I always preferred matching costumes or a uniform look, it helps separate the X-Men from other super teams.

I don't really understand the point of adapting Dark Phoenix if they're all still just young kids. It doesn't really have the same impact, kinda cheapens the relationship between Scott and Jean. Instead of two lovers who want to make their last stand together, it comes off like two dumb teens like Romeo&Juliet. Still tragic, but not for the same reason.
Then again, the fuck do I know. Maybe they don't even get together in these movies, because nobody making these movies gives a shit about Cyclops.

Damn this franchise. They introduce costumes and use completely new ones in the next movie. I've been saying the costumes at the end of Apocalypse were the "best" part of it. And now what. Yellow X's would have been cool from the start but Fox has toyed with me for too long.

if that is not sarcasm, please die in a fire

>I don't really understand the point of adapting Dark Phoenix if they're all still just young

because it's the one story they know.

Yeah I went full retard for a minute and forgot that this is a Hollywood production

See what's dumb is that we already did this plot, and outside of Mystique and Beast, we hardly know these versions of these characters. Honestly, tell me one good thing about this Storm, other than shes a bitch who switches to the winning team last minute

I heard that she is the one who dies

>Roro
>JEEEAAN
>Scott
>Kurt
>Hank
Besides Mystique and Quicksilver, that's a pretty solid lineup I think. I thought the whole fucking point of Quicksilver having like one scene per movie was because he kinda makes the rest of the team redundant?

>blue and gold
Wow! Fox is finally learning that people want capes to be colorful and have actual costumes!

Too bad it’s too late and the Mouse is eating them....

>shes a bitch who switches to the winning team last minute
My dude, this describes a good 40-50% of the X-Men's roster throughout their 55 years of publication. The rest are stray kids they take in, or assholes from the future/past/alternate timeline

This.

I'd argue The Mouse would make better costumes than this, perhaps similar to the end Apocalypse costumes, which were really better than these.

Actually I take it back, I was really just a fan of Cyclops's and Nightcrawler's. Storm's and Beast's really needed work.

Don't reply yourself, shit's tacky.

Who the fuck is that tall dude? Quicksilver? Is that just perspective or does he seriously tower over the rest of the cast?

Stupid god damn mother fuckers, they were just fucking right at the end of Apocalypse and you pissed it away.

Wasn't Apocalypse winning? I thought Storm betrayed him before Jean went Phoenix

Probably perspective. Beast is a solid 3-4 inches taller than him, as is Nightcrawler

If I recall
>Storm is a-okay with genocide, and is fighting the X-Men in Egypt
>Sees Apocalypse doesn't give a shit when Angel dies
>Gets mad that Mystique, the most popular mutant ever who is a hero just because she decided not to shoot the president, is getting choked out by her boss
>Decides to switch teams because stuff isn't really working out

Why the fuck did it take so long to get these

Pretty sure it’ll be Beast.

>But he’s right there in the picture!

This could take place before he dies.

We've had 7 X-men movies. 4 were directed by a fetishist gay man. One was part 3 so it'd have been odd to change costumes from part 2 to 3. First Class went for blue and gold. Basically it's singers and fox's reluctance to really go for it.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY BLUE AND YELLOW AND NOT BLACK AND YELLOW?

WARDROBE DEPARTMENT, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

>the dark phoenix saga.

Does that mean the hellfire club will be featured?

>new x-men costume
>dark phoenix saga

CAN'T THEY DO ONE FUCKING THING RIGHT? GOD DAMN

Christ, Mystique is still in this?

Can we not please?

no, the rumor is Skrulls apparently and Jessica Chastain is Veranke ?

so it's dark phoenix in that Jean is gonna go crazy

Where have you been, Chastain is Lilandra

Every time I talk about x men movies with my dad he says he wished they used the Brood. Must have been a favorite of him when he was younger.

Odds of that ever happening is pretty much zero right?

It would be a pretty blatant Alien rip off

Zero, they were always based on xenomorphs.
But I really liked the giant space whales.

no, those were the old reports. New ones are saying she plays a shapeshifting alien villain. With how kindberg actually seems to like some of the lore, why would he make Lilandra look like an albino and be a villain AND have powers she doesnt have?

Mystique's arms aren't blue?

More like:

> Realizes that she's actually the bad guy here, when she sees Mystique being killed by her boss

It was the realization that no, Apocalypse is actually the villain here.

Pic related is my favorite era (I know it was brief, post X-Tinction Agenda, pre- X-Men vol 2) so this pleases me

Guys, I think this is set at the beginning of the movie. They're going to space, so those might just be their temporary space suits.

Because it's FoX-Men?

Fucking really? Committing genocide wasn't the fucking clue there already?

I would unironically prefer Scott's body condom.

She could do both. Play a Skrull pretending to be Lilandra.

I think up until these she had the best X-Men costume of all the movies