Wow they couldn’t just make a practical costume?

Wow they couldn’t just make a practical costume?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kDY0WKvFwQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>why couldn't they build a giant ring that levitates in the middle of the sky?
>why couldn't they bioengineer actual aliens to star in the movie?
>why could they build an actual Iron Man suit that works in real life?

wasn't he jumping or doing something impossible in the scene?

because the audience wants to see it. comic book movies aren't made for comic book fans, they're made for the movie audience

YFW Spider-Man 2 had real working tentacles for Doc Ock

Why don't the Avengers just ask the Eagles for help?

I know this may sound crazy to you youngins but there was actually a time when movies used a combination of camera tricks, practical effects, and special effects to create a realistic looking movie.

That looked fake too though.

Hold the fuck up, for real?

>why couldn't they bioengineer actual aliens to star in the movie?

Shit I wonder where Peter Jackson got those orcs from?!

>those designs
How faggy. They look even worse.

>A tangible miniature
>Looks fake

MCU fans, everyone

>believing a soccerball can shoot lasers
Kek

>Backflips are impossible

>Pretending to be retarded to deflect from the fact he was wrong

Only on Sup Forums.

Don't be mean, acting opportunities in Essex are slim, especially for big films.

Something real can’t look fake you idiot

Orcs aren't real tho

It's just an excuse to sell toys/merch, and he'll be back in pic related by next Spider-Man movie. Chances are a good portion of his gadgets will be gone too considering the plot of Homecoming was pointing out that he doesn't need them. However good chance Karen is sticking around, and depending on the reaction of the Infinity War suit, he might get Spider-Legs as a staple.

not that user but here's a video of it
youtube.com/watch?v=kDY0WKvFwQ8
pretty fucking crazy

>Grow a pair, reject Stark suit and take a step into becoming your own man and hero.
>Next movie: Wear the Stark suit
Brilliant.

That's like the ending of Iron man 3, is completelly ignored by the next avengers movies

Goddamn it, the ending of Iron Man 3 was not about never being Iron Man again. The last line is "I am Iron Man", for fuck's sake.
It was about destroying the anxiety-built suits and start with a clean slate. The protocol for this is called CLEAN SLATE.
How are people not getting this.

Why's a costume gotta be CG special effects?

I can go to a costume shop right now and buy a spiderman outfit for $5.

He didn't reject the suit itself, he rejected living at Avengers HQ.

In fact, he still TOOK the original Stark suit at the end of the movie, but in the comfort of his own home. He never went back to his crappy suit.

Probably wearing this because he's fighting fucking Thanos instead of bike thieves.

It still undermines the character. Why don't ALL Avengers get Iron Man armour then. Spider-Man has to use a Stark Tech suit but fucking Hawkeye is fine with his bow.
Captain America doesn't get a suit and he sure as hell could use one.
This is comic books; Spider-Man could be up against Thanos in his undies and he'll still survive. Keeping his identity as a character is more important.

Suit lady was the only good thing about that.
It's like the old comics when he keeps monologues with himself, but now its with the suit lady.

>Why don't ALL Avengers get Iron Man armour then.
Well... They kind of all will be getting some, I assume. Or at least the major players, not sure if they give a shit enough about BW and Hawkeye to give them something.

In fact, in Homecoming, they were teasing Thor's magic armor or whatever it was. And Cap's shield technically IS Stark equipment.

>they were teasing Thor's magic armor
That was the belt that allowed him to fly in the very first comics, IIRC. It's a gag.

Because they're all adults and proud of themself to became starklings.

>but fucking Hawkeye is fine with his bow

Yeah because all Hawkeye does is fight alien fodder. You think he's actually going to face Thanos and contribute anything at all?

meanwhile

For real.

..It can though? When the shot of your prop looks like a prop instead of whatever the prop is supposed to be, it's a bad prop.

Why didn't Gandalf just hyperspeed ram Sauron

When he did have one you faggots couldn't shut up about how it was bad CG. Yes, you read that right, people here were complaining that the practical suit was bad CG.

Nigga if I put a clearly plastic burger in front of you are you going to eat it so that you can keep pretending you don't understand what he meant?

This man is correct.

Because Disney needs to save money. The CGI of these movies is getting worse and worse its not even funny anymore.

All the major heroes are getting Vibranium armor in the next few years so they can have villains use weapons besides conventional guns in the movies. They didn't like the timing of that gun joke in Ragnarok and all the controversy about gun control in the USA. Almost all of the villains in the MCU movies besides Dr. Strange will be using energy blasters like Starlord soon. They'll be able to sell more toys from and make non-bloody vr video games because of this as well.

You take whatever advantages you can get when fucking Thanos comes armed with Infinity Gems.

>muh practical
is this the new buzzword after tacticool and EXTREEEMEEE attitude?

Source: ass.

You're confusing practicool costumes and practical effects user.
Practicool is pic related, practical effects are practical effects.

>Nigga if I put a clearly plastic burger in front of you are you going to eat it so that you can keep pretending you don't understand what he meant?

You know all of those tasty looking burgers and other things you see on the overhead menu at your local McWendyking's?
Those aren't photos of real food.
They're either
A) Painstakingly crafted miniature sculptures of the food you want to order
or
B) Painstakingly crafted burgers made with superior quality ingredients that are constructed carefully on the spot about an hour before a photo shoot.

And none of them are representative of the actual burger you're getting. It's all camera tricks and practical effects that make the food look better than the reality.
Just like a finely crafted movie.
CG should only be used to enhance a practical effect, create an effect that is simply not plausible with practical effects, or used to make 100% of the film like you see in a Pixar film.

>Autism: it's a hellova drug

That's a longwinded way to say you don't want to admit you were pretending to be retarded. A practical prop can look fake, that's literally all that was being discussed here.

I'm all for practical effects (and honestly I kinda irrationally miss cool matte paintings), just saying this post was dumb.

>why couldn't user's parents have a child without mental deficiency?

This would look less shit if the detail wasn't so fucking flat.

I literally saw the original version of Star Wars last week. A lot of those effects were laughable in today's context. Please don't be a retard.

FORTY YEARS

They honestly always looked more like Goblins than Orcs.

It doesn't look bad to me.

I'm sorry for your parents, m8.

compared to?

enjoy everything being shitty CGI soon enough

Still better then the ugly CGi in most movies. Fuck you, they put effort into those models and effects and they look more impressive then the generic CGI blobs in todays films.

How do you from this

to THIS!?
What the fuck? Why are MCU movies so shit?

LOL

Bottom unironically looks better.

HI MARK

I hate this kind of rapid cutting shit

Christ

BRAVO

Why didn't they make a real metal door for Superman to tear off its hinges and then actually light Henry Cavill on fire?

What is faster, a gun or a bucket?

>Captain America doesn't get a suit and he sure as hell could use one.
Cap gets a pair of vibranium shields from T'Challa, you dumbass.

What the fuck happened? Seriously, how has CGI gotten so much worse over the years?

OH NONONONONO

ur right no effort is put into cgi watsoever

no fucking way

Good thing nobody gives a flying fuck what you hate considering the amount of money this franchise is bringing in.

Fucking stupid faggot.

>it's good because it makes money
wew

Why does CGI from a 10 years old movie look much better than recent MCU flicks? I know, Iron Man was made by Paramount.

>>why couldn't they bioengineer actual aliens to star in the movie?

Even if they bioengineered some, they'd still be terrestrial and thus not aliens.

Because they no longer have to put as much effort into it now that they are an established brand with recognition and fans who are going to see it anyway, as well as marvel movies coming out more frequently

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess you're too fucking stupid to understand how the entertainment industry works.

Its almost like....if people are entertained...it makes more money. Its almost as if critical acclaim and audience enjoyment creates a bigger turnout.

Christ you are such a fucking retard. An absolute fucking retard. Keep being furious that your shitty franchise is dead DCuck.

Holy shit, can't they stay on a single shot for five fucking seconds? Wait, no, I forgot, they're incapable of making their action scenes interesting to watch so the only way to keep the attention span of the average consumer read: brainless walking wallet is to never give them time to think.

>Seriously comparing some spandex worn by a stunt double to building impossible structures and creating a brand new species

Trust me, Cavill wanted to be on fire for the scene but he might've burned off part of his beard. It was far easier to CGI the fire. The door part though, that was all Henry

Because they didn’t know for sure this universe was going to take off. So they actually put meticulous effort into how the cgi would look. Now they know stupid fucks will fork over cash no matter how it looks

Who hurt you user? Why are you so angry at a random user who expressed his valid, if pointless opinion?

what if they were bioengineered on the moon?

Old CGI had to be done in-house because it was so new, so the director and producer were in the room yelling at the CGI guys to make it better as they did it. Now they just outsource it to some lowest bidder CGI studio where underpayed, badly motivated monkeys do a half assed job.

It's actors cost anons, this has been brought up twice by two different directors (Gunn and Whedon). When Iron Man came out the most costly actor was Terrence Howard. All the "phase one" Marvel films were low key actors as the main heroes with the supporting cast being the more cost issue ones. Come AoU RDJ was the most well paid actor in the businesses and they were having to rework pay for all the actors, as this keeps marching on you hit films like Infinity War where we are told half the budget cost is just all those actors, so somewhere something has to get cut because Disney is not a businesses that likes burning away money. It's not that they don't care so much as they can't convince the god mouse to give them a bigger budget to handle paying 11+ major actors.

Don’t reply to me ever again. Understand kiddo? Last chance

What's funny about this scene is had Gamora just let Drax go he'd have hit less trees and she could spare herself the strain.
It made sense when they were approaching the gate, but after that, puzzling.

I don't get the meme sir

Then I suppose you could call them aliens.

I know movies are expensive but I can't for the life of me see where all that money is going

>people unironically watch and defend shit like this

while it looks like ass you can still follow the movements, so i dont mind