ERICA HENDERSON OFF SQUIRREL GIRL

ERICA HENDERSON OFF SQUIRREL GIRL

twitter.com/EricaFails/status/972287432459800576

Are you happy Sup Forums? Guess this means she's getting a new #1.

Who do you choose to replace her?

>Who do you choose to replace her?
That guy who was on Gwenpool since it got cancelled recently.

Guruhiru is free.

So the team for Gwenpool?

Lovness

So who wants to bet that this was a result of a “friendly” push by Marvel editors that just happens to “coincide” with the New Warriors tv show in production, in order to prevent any unfortunate discrepencies between canon MCU and the adver- I mean, comics interpretations of the character, namely looking like a real person or a sentient lump of squash.

Hey, sometimes synergy pays off.

He's back to BOOM!, notorious for lower pay than the Big Two.

He's a writer not an artist though. Ryan North is staying. OP is a faggot for this.

Can we get rid of North too?

NO, how about a writter that can actually write funny shit and decent stroy arcs?

>all those replies sucking her off

Seems like Marvel is rolling heads like its the French Revolution.
You do realize Disney doesn't tell Marvel to do squat, and any synergy done is purely by their own hand, right? They do it in an attempt to boost sales given the likeness

Fucking yes. Hasting's strong point is weaving lolrandom without losing coherence. Guhiru is superb at being cute.

Who else is there? I don't think they can get Scottie Young. Nat can't do complete issues with any consistency.

I agree, here is a much more entertaining one whose series also got cancelled recently

>Seems like Marvel is rolling heads like its the French Revolution.
Seriously. I expected Squirrel Girl to be safe. What’s next?

Gurihiru sure. Hastings no, separate them. I'd rather not have his next project be overshadowed by cutefags.

Ewing is normally my answer for everything, but I think his style of deep lore and "comics sure are weird" would do work well.

North isn't going anywhere

>I don't think they can get Scottie Young
I mean, he's the writer for the new Deadpool ongoing but not the artist. I don't think he'd be a good fit as either though. In fact, I generally don't like Young's writing although I like his art well enough.

Hastings/GuriHiru is the obvious dreamtime for the book. I'd say Ewing would be a good writer for the book, not sure who to pair him with.

Not that it matters either way since from the sounds of it, North is probably still going to be writing the book, it's just the artist that's changing, and frankly the writing was almost as off-putting as the art most times.

>rolling heads like its the French Revolution
Given the fact that this is being done at the behest of The Grand Shogun Akira Yoshida, I'm not sure that's the analogy to go with. I can think of a better one.

It also helps that he's written her before and did a pretty good job of it. As others have said though, this is just an artist change. No word on whether North will be gone too and I doubt he's going anywhere.

I wouldn't want to waste them on North's writing. They're also going to be doing that upcoming Superman book along with covers for Marvel's new all-ages books. Dunno if they'll be available for another ongoing ontop of that.

Please be Gurihiru, please be Gurihiru, please be Gurihiru

That one good filler artist from Gwenpool could work if she can handle a monthly.

>I'll still be doing covers

Yeah I know. I didn’t say Disney asked for it, just the Marvel editors in premature anticipation of a new mass sensation, because they respect their own comics that little.

>This artist is leaving the book, who should replace her?
>I dunno, a writer?

Sup Forums reads comics.

Hastings drew Dr. McNinja.

Based Samurai. And people thought this new editor wasn't going to be good.

Right. I meant Scottie Young is already overloaded.

Who's good on Art? You NEED someone who can do weird shit. Being able to do animals is pretty much a must with Koi boy the soy boy, the squirrel brigade, ect. They've got to be available for cheap.

Personally, I'd rather see cute than smoking hot, and it fits better with the audience of the book.

Which one?

>Which one?
The only decent one? Of all of the filler artists for Gwenpool, only one of them had a modicum of talent. She did the Miles arc and the Gwenompool issue.

Hastings is both, though

yeah but he is bad at both things and Marvel doesn't seem want him for more projects

I'll say this much in Henderson's defense, despite being absolutely terrible at drawing her, she had a couple good ideas;

1) Squirrel Girl's costumes, which in my opinion are better than the one she had been using since GLA brought her out of limbo

2) Doreen's body type, Henderson didn't draw it very well, and no one else has really copied it, but giving her a Samantha Wright style figure was a good idea in my opinion, it's a body type that's surprisingly rare in comics despite being a good fit for female superheroes

as for who should draw her now, personally I think Sandoval would be a good choice, as he drew her pretty cutely in New Avengers

MOTHERFUCKING SQUIRRELS

>he is bad at both things
false

BASED SHOGUN

>>he is bad at both things

Post something ''funny'' written by him and let's see about that.

>Gwenpool cancelled
>America cancelled
>No more ugly Squirrel Girl
>More X-men books

Is Yoshida our guy?

Too subjective. What you don't find funny someone else will.

Post something written by him that YOU find funny.

I bet that you can't.

Does this mean Squirrel Girl won’t be ugly any more?

Yes, so it will be both a good looking book and a well written one.

Unlike Gwenpool which was unfunny trash or America which was just SJW trash

>Does this mean Squirrel Girl won’t be ugly any more?
well that was only in her own book due to Henderson sucking at drawing faces, pretty much every other artist and every other example of non-comics media continued having her be conventionally cute

Rob Liefield should make Squirrel Girl.

as long as they don't give her one of the artists for Gwenpool, we are fine.

Just look ar Gwenpool's legs in the last panel.

Shogun loves gwen and hates america

so expect Marvel's Own DOOM Patrol coming out soon with Her, Howard the Duck and Squirrel girl

its true when they say that Sup Forums is now infested with nihilist teenage crossboarders from Sup Forums /r9k/ and Sup Forums since the elections

this page 1 out of a 3 page example and the funny part is still coming, right?

Not gonna say that is utter trash writting wise but is not really funny.

>Post something written by him that YOU find funny.
don't move the goal of your original post. its funny for me, made me chuckle , and i'm satisfied by that.
Now, the fact that you aren't satisfied by his writing or his sense of humor, its not my problem.

>Shogun loves gwen

That's why he cancelled the book?

those 3 boards are a cancer for every other board to be honest.

>don't move the goal of your original post

My point is have you posting something ''funny'' written by that Hack and I was right, he is barely making attempts at humor on that page and what little he does is just generic bland humor.

yet i find it funny, and like i said before
>What you don't find funny someone else will.

>>What you don't find funny someone else will.

People dind't found Gwenpool funny and got cancelled after months with terrible sales.

I wanna touch her fluffy tail

That would be a waste with norths shitty writing.

It's sales were good for post modern comicbook decline. For a title that's not being carried on pure nostalgia.

They’re doing the Superman VS The Clan OGN

Fucking FINALLY. Jesus tap dancing Christ, what took so long? Now I can actually buy the god damned book every month and support the character, which I actually liked but was protesting against the purchase of because of the amount of changes that I disagreed with.

Haha, just kidding. I don't buy or read comics.

>It's sales were good for post modern comicbook decline.
They were not, below 20k is cancelation numbers

>Chris Hastings
>Not an artist

>Accusing other people of not reading comics.

Not saying heMs great, but he’s at least Henderson level.

Not everyone knows about obscure and unfunny webcomics user

Looking like a bunch of lard in a burlap sack is a good female superhero body type? Since when?

You mean the two women that do Gwenpool?

I guess over 2 years could be counted in months, but so can millennia....

as I said, Henderson sucked at drawing it, this is Samantha Wright, and thus who Doreen is supposed to be modeled after in figure

>Who do you choose to replace her?
Shadman

NO NO NO NO NO

>Unfunny

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Milk truck has arrive

>ERICA HENDERSON
Isn't she the asian chick with huge tits?

It was above 20k for the majority of its run. Hence why it was able to survive until issue 25 where most books could barely survive to 12.

>1) Squirrel Girl's costumes, which in my opinion are better than the one she had been using since GLA brought her out of limbo

That's wrong though. That crappy "closet cosplay" costume doesn't fit Doreen's personality at all.

I do agree about the bodytype thing, though.

Can't be playing favorites when you're trying to fix a sinking ship. Then again, Darkhawk and Conan are clearly him playing favorites.

No, the interiors for Gwenpool weren't that great either. I mean they weren't as hideous as Henderson's art, but we can do better.

>obscure
In what fucking universe?

It's basically her regular suit but with a jacket and ALL superheroes look better with jackets. Her newer one with the skirt is horrible though.

yes

>Erica Henderson
>bad artist
She just draw Squirrel girl ugly on purpose

Yes

She might be an okay artist, but she's clearly not good enough to keep up with the monthly interiors on a comic book. You can be okay at illustration but not have the endurance or speed necessary for comic interiors.

She reminds me of Roseanne Barr

He's missing his right deltoid wtf

That's gonna either be really good or really bad.

>the interiors for Gwenpool weren't that great either
The Gurihiru issues were solid.
The fill-in art issues were all amateurish and terrible and absolutely were of a worse quality than Henderson's work.
Henderson's comic art was unattractive, but I've seen far worse comic art during the 90's and 00's. Only back then the Big 2 used to enforce "house style" in order to pass em off as publishable, unlike those last spat of Webcomic-tier books like USG.

I hope her creator-owned books do well. Her art is much better suited for indy work. She's free to draw the big-bootied dyke of Kate Leth's wet dreams now with no restrictions.

>worse then henderson
That's a load of shit.

Tbh I fucking hated her on Squirrel Girl but I recently read a short she did for Atomic Robo (Real Science Adventures from 2012) and its true her style works for other stuff. Just not for superhero shit.

She looks like she has an ugly body. It's amazing how the THICC meme has lowered the bar so substantially, such that the bodily equivalent of an out of shape 50 year old would be masturbation material for young men here.

>That crappy "closet cosplay" costume doesn't fit Doreen's personality at all.
but that's exactly how she started out, and she's the sort who would definitely continue to make her own costumes, also her GLA costume is freaking awful, green spandex covered in brown fur

>I do agree about the bodytype thing, though.
well at least we agree in that regard

>It's basically her regular suit but with a jacket and ALL superheroes look better with jackets.
true(at least when the jacket matches the rest of the costume)

>Her newer one with the skirt is horrible though.
I think that one's fine(if not as good as her other main costume), also any thoughts on this "Silver Age" costume that was featured on a cover a while ago?

>Henderson's comic art was unattractive, but I've seen far worse comic art during the 90's and 00's.
I’ve seen art during the 90s and 00s. Perhaps more than you. None of it was as bad as Henderson’s art. By a large margin, Henderson is bottom of the barrel.

>Tbh I fucking hated her on Squirrel Girl but I recently read a short she did for Atomic Robo (Real Science Adventures from 2012) and its true her style works for other stuff.
This user gets it.

Tell you what.
Go ahead and post a Squirrel Girl page with worse art than this.

>that pentagram cutout
Well, it's official. She is of the devil.

>also her GLA costume is freaking awful, green spandex covered in brown fur

Yeah, but like I said it fits her. I think she looks better as a little anachronistic and garish throwback to Silver Age Marvel.

>also any thoughts on this "Silver Age" costume that was featured on a cover a while ago?

It's better than the roller derby look, but it still feels like it's trying too hard to be modern and fashionable.

>It was above 20k for the majority of its run

More like slowly but surely sales went lower and lower and the book was in cancelation numbers for a while

nobody knows that comic, I don't even remember that name already and is over for a reason.
that shit is not funny at all

>Go ahead and post a Squirrel Girl page with worse art than this.
Your page is bad, but at least the body parts and facial structures are where they should be.

>obnoxious glasses
>pentagram top
>Hello Kitty handbag
What a fag. Nice shorts though.

>Silver Age Squirrel Girl
But user, Squirrel Girl is a 90's character.

The Squirrel Girl page has a weird face and a decent to good everything else.

The Gwenpool page looks like fucking shit no matter where you look, the inking alone makes Squirrel Girl the winner.