ITT: Comics where Kelly was right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4
theonion.com/tag/editorial-cartoon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THIS

Clinton - Free Blowjobs
Trump - Pays Hookers, still gets ratted on.

Kelly is never wrong.

This will always be a classic

Too real

noooice

>"satire"
>except the strawmen caricatures aren't even wrong
Wait. Does Kelly actually believe the opposites of these are true, or is he just poking fun at how inelegantly the opposition occasionally makes fair points?

Most of Kelly's comics are from the perspective of an incredibly self centered middle age man who is bitter about the world.
The actual 'politcal' opinion behind each comic is just whatever the character of Kelly is finding annoying/enjoying on a given day.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and you'll notice even when he's right he's still wrong about it.

The student loan comic blames the uppity college students instead of the institutions, as most boomers will do.

The best Kelly comics are the ones where he's incredibly specific in his gripes, like the coupon one.

Kelly is always right though

It's usually more akin to Kelly noticing or being mildly annoyed at something and then blowing it out of proportion.

To give you a basic idea he made a comic of him complaining about his local supermarket because they didn't accept his coupon.

Kelly isn't an actual person. He's entirely made-up for the comics. I don't think there's supposed to be any real meaning in these, besides parodying the mindset of your average bitter boomer cartoonist. I could be wrong though.

No that's basically on point. "Kelly" is in reality a twenty-something and it isn't even his actual name.

So all of them?

I see the satirical point more as “as long as these racial minorities behave as stereotypes, especially ones put on them by white people, everything is fine.”

I just love how kelly triggers those dumb libtards

youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4
obligatory

It's wrong that racism just goes away when you don't talk about it. His own cartoon proves him wrong because he doesn't even know that his stereotypes are racist.

>Supporting Cable companies and television
The first time he’s ever been wrong. Hell it doesn’t even make sense for an old man like Kelly not to be bitter about Cable companies charging him for shit tons of channels he never watches.

I bet those channels are the only ones that run re-runs of Matlock.

I particularly like the comics where he supports abortion because it allows women to sleep around without consequence, and the one where he supports removing Confederate monuments purely because he thinks we shouldn't celebrate losers (he equates them to British-kitsch pubs and restaurants and asks if we can take them down next).

So every comic he ever made?

>except the strawmen caricatures aren't even wrong
Wait do you think people that go to college or elitist?? Bruh roughly half of all Americans graduate college.

>muh sacred Netflix savior GOD hallah hakbar death to infidels
he sound rather right to me there. You shit eating slaves are insufferably pretentious when you it "direct to dvd" tier garbage all day.

It makes complete sense actually. It's parodying all those articles that went: ''Milenials aren't supporting the diamond/cable/X old industry''. Cable companies are old, a member of the status quo, unlike this new streaming thing he doesn't understand. He may hate cable, but he's familiar with it and now those darn annoying millennial kids that ruin everything are ruining yet another hard working man's industry.

And more than half of Americans are elitists just look at the popular vote from last election

Most modern day "racism" is just opportunism and grievance-mongering.

What makes you think being grouped up with half the population makes someone believe they're elite. Sounds like you got some bad experiences and personal issues you need to work through friend.

Oh, so you're only here to bait. Good job.

There is enough real racism.

This one might end up true this time.

They'll tell you themselves that only "sofisticated" "city" "folk" voted for Hillary.

But the do-gooders never talk about it in any meaningful way. They'd rather complain about why there aren't enough black people in Star Wars.

Cablefag please, you’re only embarrassing yourself.

is that real?

>that baby with the thumbs up.
it's the little things.

Like I said, you got stuff to work through. You're currently viewing half of America as snobbish, know-it-all enemies and that can't be healthy for you.

I know this is satire, but hoo boy this really roasts my almonds

and then people complain there's this many black people in star wars
people are just addicted to outrage and complaining

>doesn't even hide these happened to him
>made himself look like the victim

>shadman

I don't care about how many black people there are in movies. I object to being called a racist because I don't like arbitrary quotas. There have always been talented minority actors who didn't need meaningless gestures to get a high profile job.

Which part the comic or the XFL return because yes to both.

This better be fucking satire.

>t. elitist college graduate
Why don't you go stream a movie while us real Americans enjoy our DVDs.

>That's the joke.png

How much do you owe?

The stereotypes characters are a joke and easy way to distinguish the races for the purposes of the strip.

Trump failed to learn from the frugality of previous presidents. Can you really trust him with the economy?

With all this I still wish I had been able to go to university. Although I guess there is technically nothing stopping me from doing it now.

Kek.

congratulations, you saw the joke yet completely missed it

>Michelle
Lmao holy fuck

>even when he's right he's still wrong about it.
Good way of putting it.

That is an interesting interpretation

You forgot the statue of liberty crying.

Inagine being this dumb

Are those real? Is this really how he thinks? They look like somebody imitating his style to try to make him look bad.

He writes for the Onion, so it probably isn't.
theonion.com/tag/editorial-cartoon

But who knows. Maybe he's being sincere in a parody site.

It's a cartoon made for The Onion. The views expressed or implied in the comic are satire.

But what if this is also satire?

The joke being that people often cite the 90’s as times of “racial prosperity” because Fresh Prince was on air, straight up ignoring shit like the LA Race Riots, or the start of the Drug War in the 80’s that more or less created the current drug problem in America in the inner cities and later the backcountry, or the destruction of the Black Panthers in California literally creating the Bloods and the Crips during the 70’s.

But hey, who am I to blame Sup Forums from getting their history from Captain Planet cartoons?

This isn't wrong.

>2018
>people still take kelly seriously
He's a national treasure.

dohoho

>Batman is the Adam West incarnation
it's the little things

I don't understand the pro-DC bias some Kelly comics have. Is he implying that DC is conservative or something?

all of them

>that cable box + remote

Bright House/Spectrum?

I think it's either his actual personal preference or it is just case of old folks liking DC better.

I woudn't say DC is conservative, but it is less heavy-handed on it's progressivism than Marvel. Case in point: X-Men.

Cable is how it's always been. Channel surfing and enjoying a fine time with your family is what TV was supposed to be. Now millenials have to complain about everything. Streaming content is the epitome of entitlement.

I fail to see the harm in a buffoonish character like Kelly believing in cartoon stereotypes. Why should it even imply he would treat such people badly?

I do see the harm in riots and deliberate harping on divisions for political gain.

This is pretty funny in hindsight.

>Channel surfing
>fine time
Channel surfing has always been awful and a waste of time that you could spend enjoying your self

Kelly grew up watching real superhero shows like Adam West's Batman and Reeves' Adventures of Superman.

They're loved on Sup Forums I mean Sup Forums so yes I would say it's a conservative thing

Does this story continue?

>Why should it even imply he would treat such people badly?
Drawing someone as a joke character is isn't nice and it's right to complain if someone makes fun of you for prejudice reasons.

>"poor people" with stink lines
he's so awful. i love it.

I haven't even graduated yet, it's looking to be around 80k when I do. I'm getting a degree an engineering, so that'll help.

A cartoonist like Kelly would be a DC fan.
He hates change (which Marvel would have been all about during his childhood), Superman and Batman are more "Americana" than Marvel's stable, etc. Green Lantern was created in All-American Comics, for fuck's sake.

He does play both sides depending on the strip, though.

>all these newfags not knowing about Kelly
I knew Sup Forums had fallen but I never thought it was this bad. I wish tumblr and reddit would leave this site for good

Some of these are pretty thick strawmen, like , as if contempt for urban culture can only be shallow nitpicking snobbery.

>"satire"
>Does Kelly actually believe the opposites of these are true
The jokes aren't just "I'm saying the opposite of what's true." That would be retarded.
The humor's more in how the characters and scenarios depicted by the imaginary comic writer are warped in a way that's clearly self-serving and lacking in self-awareness.
Take the first one in this thread as an example:
The joke isn't that liking whisky sours is bad. The joke is that while on a summer vacation with his son and daughter-in-law he asked for a whisky sour at a winery and was informed they don't serve that because it's a winery, but we're seeing this through his warped perspective so Kelly is portrayed as righteously indignant at his mistreatment by a bunch of cartoonishly evil snobs.
More often than him being incorrect is that the world he depicts is bizarrely skewed towards supporting the given opinion associated with each comic. The more blatant his comic world is serving his usually petty opinions as though they were heroic last stands of good vs. evil the more you find them funny.

It's weird how well this comic gets into the mind of a middle class white man. Some of the shit my coworkers say blows my mind

Being "nice" is the dead of comedy.

The comic sets it up as a dichotomy (falsely, but lets go ahead and play on its own terms) with "fuck you do what I say" rioters. It's not a flattering comparison for what is probably supposed to come off as the superior "side"