/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Best friends Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E14/15/16: "A Fool's Hope/Family Reunion and Farewell" (Mon 5)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Tue 6)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Tue 6)
Star Wars #44 (Wed 7)
Star Wars Adventures #7 (Wed 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: A Fool's Hope & Family Reunion and Farewell
youtube.com/watch?v=uR8Sn_2VRBA

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1478206391212.png (1671x706, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DQvzjNW4rr0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best Hatfu.

Attached: 1518997346903.png (372x477, 344K)

What kind of tv commercials would exist in the Star Wars universe? Used starship dealerships? Lekku cream? Force toothpaste?

Second for girls with dicks.

Attached: Best girl.jpg (550x831, 81K)

Forth for Orange Buttcheeks.

Attached: 1515294034125.png (760x570, 271K)

I want a kiss from Ahsoka. CloneWars Ahsoka.

Attached: PSX_20180126_065657.jpg (400x533, 88K)

high ground

Attached: high ground.jpg (919x1395, 127K)

Just saw The last Jedi.
So Reylo is actually real?

Attached: 03633ce5b7e677fb2aaeed3dbe405c2d.jpg (750x934, 72K)

Kill him Anakin. Kill him with fire.

>Just saw a Star Wars movie
>in march
>the week the blu ray is coming out
???

>Just saw The last Jedi.
>So Reylo is actually real?
Sure, user.

as you wish my master

Attached: say no more.jpg (919x1395, 173K)

How did Disney get away with this?

Attached: nonononononono.png (1280x720, 413K)

bluray is out already

Echuta.

14th for using the report button.

Fixed that for you.

Attached: 1520711339601.png (760x570, 272K)

Good, my apprentice .

Thank you user.

Attached: 1506157575892.jpg (616x653, 212K)

So, what's your opinion on ST cast acting? Did anyone impress you sp far?

Eh, not really. There really isn't very much of the movie that isn't running and fighting, so no room for anything that would matter.

I see talent buried behind catastrophically misused characters in Boyega and Driver

Reminder that Jacen isn't Kanan's.
Hera cornered Ezra and took him by force in her grief in an attempt to latch on to anything that even vaguely reminded her of Kanan.
Ezra then reacted to this by summoning the purgills and taking off with Thrawn to go faff about in the unknown regions because, "things got too weird with hera too quickly" and they needed some space.
The reason Ashoka and Sabine are now going after him? The minimum amount of years worth of back-due child support before you can put a bounty on someone is five years worth

No one in particular.

They aren't bad actors, but their characters are so bland and boring.

Nothing from the first two movies, including the acting, is very memorable.

Snoke's actor was fantastic in TLJ.

I think that guy they got to play Luke would make a pretty good voice actor.

Not really, nothing terrible, even RO's characters were just meh
Krennic is fun but at the end of the day we've seen that character before, greedy ambitious imperial officer

Attached: 1510649705545.png (1066x593, 654K)

Here is the REAL fixed and 100% version.

Attached: PSX_20180310_151028~2.jpg (2560x1920, 296K)

Definitely in agreement on this, Snoke was fantastic in the screentime he got.

>not sure if being ironic or not.

Vader dropping the daddest of dad jokes on Krennic was pretty nice in RO.

>Driver
My problem with this guy that I don't see Han, Leia Anakin in him. Not in behaviour or look.

Are we sure Kylo isn't adopted?

Reminder.

Attached: f885da91755e23c78203632d791a75e174203ac5ad7dd9189c1bd1bf36743e23_1~2.jpg (1080x1376, 281K)

I think they are different clones from his 501st legion, user.

Nice edit bro, let me post the real version.

Attached: 1520712816467.jpg (2560x1920, 344K)

>Kylo is adopted
No wonder Anakin's Force ghost hasn't swung by to slap that whiner's shit straight: he's out looking out for his real grandchild.

>501st clones are the same as coruscant shock troopers
Go suck a dick, user...and not the good kind.

Attached: 1518039912501.png (1920x816, 1.36M)

>Clones are seeing some guy in black armor for the very first time
>At the Jedi Temple
>With a lightsaber
>who is a whole foot taller than Anakin
>Clones aren't from the fucking 501st like in the bottom pic
Stop being retarded

Pretty sure the clones with red markings are Coruscants local division, the 501st is Anakins legion.

Why is it some big secret that Anakin is Darth Vader anyway
other than the reveal in ESB why conceal that he is Anakin skywalker
isnt a part of the conflict in the Vader comic is that the upper officers dont trust him, why not just say this is the former Jedi general and war hero Anakin who was loyal to the emperor and was scarred by the jedi like sheev
again other than to preserve the twist, why?

Attached: 5765854157.png (623x518, 409K)

>not 'want more dick user' or 'ready for desert user?'

Yeah, I don't see any similarity between him and Anakin despite some fans say that he does nor I see "Han's heart" in him like Snoke said.

I've already been over this, dumbass. The clones already knew that Anakin was Vader and Vader only killed them because he didn't like to be reminded of being Anakin.

Vader kills anything that reminds him of Anakin, and anybody that knows he is Anakin, for personal reasons.

Imperials dont trust Vader because he is a spooky metal man with metal powers even though the Jedi are supposed to be dead after betraying their emporor.

Vader doesn't want anyone to know because "I killed Anakin" and Sheev wanted people to know that their hero ia dead to make them lose hope (which it did since a guy told Luke that hearing the Jedi hero Anakin Skywalker is dead felt like the end of the world).

RIP Captain Rex

34 BBY - 4 ABY

Attached: dead rex.png (194x118, 41K)

Ep IX's true enemy
Has yet
To reveal himself

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 12K)

I thought we agreed he slipped on ewok shit during the commotion

Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid*!!!
*eventually. Batteries not included.

Attached: caddyshack-69.png (1440x900, 1.11M)

he has a satisfying death in the heat of battle
In the era of harrison demanding to be killed off and luke "loosing the will to live" and Carrie being actually dead what more could you want

Attached: 1512531689925.png (542x501, 563K)

Just how many mass murderers are there in Star Wars?
>Luke blows up Death Star, killing hundreds of thousands
>so does Nien Niub
>Tarkin obviously
>Hux, quite possibly the greatest killer in history of cinema, 5 planets and counting
>Order 66
>Rebels finale with the entire Lothal garrison
Don't get me started on EU, both new and old

50 bucks says Ahsoka will become more powerful than Luke.

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 16K)

>luke "loosing the will to live"
ST is too bland to Luke to waste more time in when he can be reunited with his dear father who is probably in a long vacation which probably why he didn't show up.

So did they actually explain why the Emperor didn't immediately send the Imperial Fleet to go nuke Lothal to a ruined wasteland?
It's not like it was some random world that rebelled. The rebels on Lothal PERSONALLY ruined his plans.

Great casting desu

Scarif and ANH happened apparently very soon after the finale, so all the focus went to dealing with the fallout from that

Dear Autists, look at THIS. Now shut the fuck up. SHOCK TROOPERS KNEW HIM AND SAW HIM FROM THE BEGINING. Dumbasses.

They seen him on Mustafar and at the hospital. Plus those chips would have triggered just by seeing his face. Clones dont pic and choose what jedi to kill.

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1130x816, 90K)

I don't know which explaintion I like more. Anakin not showing up because he refuse to acknowledge Kylo as his grandson or him being in a long vacation.

hes got a point here
are they swore to secrecy or something?

Attached: 1510779881110.png (734x1110, 231K)

Is Lothal City the only city on the planet? How come the entire Imperial forces were able to evacaute within, what, two hours?
What kind of dumb fuck sets up a protocol requiring all your troops to gather in single ship that happens to have a self destruct button?

Anakin was unrecognizable after what happened to him in Mustafar and only the robots were with him in the hospital who all have been destroyed after Vader break down.

>the clones know who the burnt up shriveled guy is

This is the pettiest ruler in the galaxy
Surely he could have devoted some time into that

>or him being in a long vacation
It's this one.

His daughter refuse to forgive him, his son cut himself from the force and his dumb grandson isn't worth the time. So, the best thing to do is having bro time with Qui-Gon and visit every star like he dreamed when he was a child.

Reminder Those clones are the ones that found and identified Anakin/Vader. And Sidious confirmed it for them too. So...

>First Order has a relatively easy victory
>New Republic destroyed in an instant with no apparent military to fight back
>Resistance is reduced to a traveling garage band on the Millennium Falcon

Why is the ST era so pants-on-head retarded?

Attached: angry brainlet.png (645x729, 75K)

Blame that bitch Mothra.

Did they say "here is Anakin Skywalke"?

A timeskip is in order

>visit every star like he dreamed when he was a child
This made me sad, user.

Maybe it'll be like the timeskip in 2-3 where they just say
>Oh yeah there's a full scale galactic war going on right now, been happening for a while now
And use that as an excuse have a fully stocked resistance.

>doesn't read the books
>doesn't play BF2 and knows that theres more Resistance then leia's group
>doesn't know that Luke's Legacy will bring in even more resistance

why is Brainlet retarded ?

it's also the best way they can write off Leia

>Sheev goes to Mustafar to get Vader
>Clones point out the roasted guy near the lava
>Sheev goes "There he is!"

Pretty sure it was the clones that said "There he is!"

>Blame Mothra
>Blame a character from a Japanese movie
user that's racist.

Attached: Mothra.jpg (1280x828, 246K)

>Resistance is reduced to a traveling garage band on the Millennium Falcon
This legit made me laugh.

Driver does a good job with the material he's given. Hamill too. The problem is that the former doesn't conceivably feel like he could be Han and Leia's kid, and the latter doesn't fee like Luke despite him ostensibly being the same character.

>inb4 not muh etc, etc.

Regardless on whether or not Luke's arc was a good idea for the character, the character of Luke in TLJ just plain doesn't feel like the same guy, no matter how much shit happened to him. He's so far removed from Luke in the OT in demeanor, words, actions, etc. that he might as well have been an original character.

Everyone else varies from passable to poor. ESPECIALLY Tran, every time she shows up it feels like amateur hour.

THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD A TIMESKIP IN THE FIRST PLACE RIAN YOU DICKHEAD

Attached: 042.jpg (898x729, 164K)

>he needs extra material to understand ST
Is this supposed to make it better?

>clones: your majesty, this way!
>sheev: there he is! hes still alive

Anyone ever find it weird that nobody really questioned where the GIGANTIC FUCKING CLONE ARMY came from? I mean outside the Jedi Order.
You'd think someone in the Senate would bring that up.

That was hardly Rian's fault when JJ gave TFA a shitty ending that wouldn't have allowed a timeskip in the first place. And no, a dumb flashback to Rey and Luke's first meeting shown half way through a film would be awful.

They probably thought of it as some sort of secret weapon they were developing just in case that sort of thing happened.

I just cheaked and it's actually Sheev who said that.

They put no thought into what existed after episode 6. Abrams just immediately decided he wanted Empire 2.0 but bigger and with more sharp corners, and to fuck with whether anything made any sense whatsoever.

>flashback to Rey and Luke's first meeting shown half way through a film would be awful
Why?

>Abrams just immediately decided he wanted Empire 2.0 but bigger
>Empire 2.0 but bigger
Let's be real here, it was more than likely a Disney mandate.

And those clones did not actually see Ani transformed into Vader. It's entirely possible that afterwards Sheev summoned those clones, told them that Ani had died, blamed them for that fact and had them executed.

>you have to read this other shit for the plot to make sense.

As someone who actually DOES engage with the new EU (or "canon" or whatever the fuck they're calling it), that's a fucking piss poor rationale. The movies do whatever the fuck they want and then the novels and cartoons and shit scramble around to make them make sense. It's the exact same status quo as during the prequel era. It doesn't excuse the fact that the movies themselves are poorly written to begin with. And then the "explanations" they come up with in the expanded material are all garbage anyway.

For example: JJ and Kennedy wanted the new movie to be empire vs. rebels, with the former having the upper hand. Now that makes no sense, and everyone knows it. So does JJ explain why that's the case? lolno. Let someone else figure out that shit, he's just going to do it. So then they let some fucker who they hired off twitter to write a trilogy of awful, awful books and let HIM figure out this mess. And he pulled "the republic cancelled the military to stop war" out of his ass and just stuck it in there. Then they published the book and it's canon.

That's how all the decisions are made with this series, don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Attached: 1-yoda-painting-e1303740720848.jpg (500x341, 47K)

Shit, my bad. I also just double checked and you were right. But I always thought it was the clone that said it because "There he is!" legit sounds like a difference person.

youtu.be/DQvzjNW4rr0

Attached: you thought i was serious.png (367x360, 55K)

we could have just skipped like 3 years into the future and say that rey has been training the whole time and that the FO has been taking back the galaxy sector after sector in that time as well
it would end the debate of the maRAY sue crap and how the first order took over the galaxy in two weeks

Attached: 1519501744307.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they wanted to use the nostalgia factor to attract people.

as if anyone in the galaxy wouldn't recognise the autistic screeching of anakin skywalker

why are we debating if the clones recognized Anakin when we should be asking how Sheev flew from Corisaunt to the outer rim in like 20 minutes

>screeching

Who said 20 minutes? It's look like Anakin was burning for hours.

>why is Brainlet retarded ?
user you were the one that was suckered into buying the books and comics and BF2

>they had a golden opportunity to end the mary sue debate but didnt take it

Attached: 1491105282291.jpg (1500x1500, 454K)

Didn't Sheev decided to go to Mustafar before Anakin lost?

Because you can't just end a film half way through a scene then skip years later in the next film. It wouldn't work. Normies would be mad because they've been waiting two years over a cliffhanger and want to see Rey train. JJ should've introduced Luke properly in TFA.