Do you think that Wakanda's presence undermines the stakes in previous MCU movies?

Do you think that Wakanda's presence undermines the stakes in previous MCU movies?

>What if Iron Monger got a hold of Tony's technology?
Wakanda's was superior
>What if the Red Skull won WWII?
Vibranium weapons would stop him
>What if Loki had beaten the Avengers? Wakandians could beat the Chitauri with ease.

And so forth.

Attached: Wakanda_CW_HD.png (1920x800, 1.09M)

Not really, Wakanda was isolationist to a fault.

Sort of

I'm more annoyed at the idea "now we're gonna share" because it's going to make all the previous achievements feel retroactively insignificant. The "Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark" thing particularly annoys me, like it belittles all his technological achievements to both save his life and right his wrongs whereas Shuri just did it all for fun.

I feel like this will always happen in the MCU.
>>Why didn't they use Magic to stop ________

It's going to get worse when they have Earth bounce off alien empires.

>Wakandians could beat the Chitauri with ease.

Not really. There were thousands of Chitauri and they had energy weapons.

I'm sure there's going to be a catch. Something is going to happen like "Vibranium becomes inert" or something terrible to upset Wakanda. As the rules of comics go, anything going well will crash.

An outside force having more advanced tech or more power doesn't matter if said force never gets involved with anything outside its own concerns like Wakanda does. There would never be any reason for them to get involved in those plots, so it doesnt really undermine them.

Its like asking if the existence of the British Empire undermines the stakes of a Western. So long as they aren't given a reason to get involved, they wont get involved.

Wakanda didn't give a shit about the misuse of (lesser) technology in the rest of the world.
They didn't kill off the atomic scientists, why would they give fucks about Red Skull or Tony Stark's technology.

Thanos' forces are at least on par with Wakandans, and massively outnumber them, they would have (and probably will be) in a lot of trouble against them, which is why they are getting involved in Infinity War.

>>What if Loki had beaten the Avengers? Wakandians could beat the Chitauri with ease.
Actually, they would all be nuked and the portal would have been closed.

>"Baba, the aliens are attacking new york city, we should do something"
>"yes, let's watch back to the future in our 100K super HD TV"

Attached: 1503794865093.png (628x399, 399K)

You know they'd end up coming for Wakanda, right?

Why does everyone act like everyone would be available to fight the Chitari. Like, the entire Battle of New York lasted like 30 minutes, and you act like people from all over the world could get there in time.

NUCLEAR BOMB
BLOWS UP NEW YORK
AND THE PORTAL MACHINE
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

>Wakanda keeps the door shut as the world burns
How is this a good thing? Also, the Chitauri were going to lose eventually anyway. The Avengers' presence just kept Loki from washing over the city and killing millions and SHIELD from nuking them and killing everyone else.

>Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark
Is it official? Becaue it's too retarded, and Tony's technology should be more advanced than Wakanda's.

My general impression is Tony can make a clean-energy reactor with a box of scraps, he can innovate with the barest of materials available, whereas Shuri possibly can't because she's never been forced into a position that would require her to work with such poor resources.

I don't know, I'm grasping at straws.

I feel this happened with Doctor Strange. The sorcerers were too OP.

Word of mouth from BP's director.

Than BP's director is an idiot.

Tony must be smarter than her, if only when we consider how far ahead of the rest of the world he was, while Shuri has been working with extraordinary technology that was extraordinary before she was born.

>"Shuri is smarter than Tony Stark"

That makes no sense. Stark created a new element in his garage.

Not for nothing, but people say stupid shit like this all the time in comics. It's cheap heat to say "X is like Y but better".

>How is this a good thing?

T'challa's entire character arc in BP is realising it isnt.

SHURI I WAN'T YOU TO MAKE THOSE POWER LACES RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1496734253562.png (267x400, 162K)

Right, but what I'm saying is that it doesn't really cheapen the impact on the rest of the world. Millions would still die and even Wakanda would have been fucked by Ultron's meteor.

Doesn't matter if Wakanda's tech was better than Iron Monger's or Hydra's or the Chitauri's. Up until the very end of Black Panther they were still fiercely isolationist. They wouldn't have done jack shit if any of the other villains had taken over the rest of the world. They'd have defended their own borders, but that's about it.

Shuri has better resources at her disposal. Stark might be a billionaire, but Shuri is a princess, and has functionally unlimited magic metal to work with.

>even Wakanda would have been fucked by Ultron's meteor.
Would it? I am sure they must have countermeasures for such a cataclysmic event.

Shuri is smarter. She realized potential for vibranium in ways that never saw it possible. Also it’s confirmed Shuri is smarter than Tony and you can’t argue with this. Lol get rekt Starkfags.

Atleast theyre isolationist, Marvel has been playing this secret past bi for a while. Atleast Wakanda as an excuse not to effect the world.

Countermeasures for the sun being blocked for years?

This.
Shuri is an extremely intelligent girl who's grown up with advanced technology.
Tony Stark is a genius who, along with his father, has made massive advances in advanced energy using 20th century science.

It's like comparing Tesla to someone with a modern university degree in Electrical Engineering.

But she is not.

But is she smarter than Moon Girl?

Tony Stark didn't have access to MacGuffin until midway through Iron Man 2.
Shuri lives in a mountain made of MacGuffin.

Yeah, it's called dying because the Sun is blocked.

>Shuri is smarter
Only bp director said that and his word doesn't count that much. And if tony had vibranium he would do things with it that shuri can't even imagine.

She knows more about vibranium, because she has access to enough of it that she could make a giant statue of herself out of it and it wouldn't make a dent in the supply.

But nobody here is going to take the director seriously when they say she's smarter. You toss her in a cave with a box of scraps that aren't vibranium, you aren't getting power armor out the other end. You give her an exotic power source that isn't vibranium she'll be lost, Tony can always find a way to build an Iron Man suit around it.

You know they'd just create artificial light that can replace the Sun's.

Technically Howard created it. Tony just produced it. And that's not impressive; I'm creating carbon dioxide right now.

To be fair that's what I would do

And I'm creating shit for your mom's mouth.

So she's smarter because she had unlimited access to a material that has been researched for generations in her country and is more or less unavailable to the rest of the world?

Neat, can you whip up some Promethium for me?

>The most versatile substance on the planet, and they used it to make a frisbee.

Attached: Ultron.jpg (320x382, 29K)

>only BP director
What the hell do you mean by only. That’s the Black Panther director. I doubt he would say it if he didn’t get approval from Feige. Feige has said nothing to contradict it by the way.

> Vibranium weapons would stop Red Skull

It's made explicit that Wakanda is scared of a huge scale invasion as that would overwhelm thier elite, but minimal, defences. Also WWII Wakanda was less advanced then current Wakanda, nanosuits are clearly a new invention for example. Pre-nanosuit BP was a Bucky-level fighter.

Also the Red Skull had literally space-God singularity powered weapons that could fly around the world wiping cities of the map, Wakanda would have been fucked.

Attached: 1517322760501.jpg (827x886, 297K)

Kind of, they have the means but as most black panthers custom, they remained isolationist. Had killmonger succeeded and those events taken place I could see it happening which would have honestly been more exciting.

the only good thing about Ultron was that he had a fat ass
Fucking Whedon going on and on about how deep Ultron was going to be, can't believe I fell for it

Attached: assume the position.png (629x353, 239K)

One wonders how the introduction of Adamantium resin will affect the MCU.

This kills Wakanda

Attached: based leo ii.jpg (694x450, 56K)

Shurifags and Starkfags fighting when we all know who's smarter...

Attached: Hank-Pym.jpg (1807x2220, 554K)

Movie Ultron was no worse than comic book Ultron and his "Waaaah Daddy didn't love me, KILL ALL HUMANS" screeching.

he's good, but what's he done besides his 11 secret herbs and spices?

Shuri had the meme metal of the world available to her and all of wakanda technology to her disposal and her best tech is the black panther armor , meanwhile Tony build an arc reactor and an iron man suit in a shithole in the middle East, so who's the superior scientist?

ya know, he does really have a "villain" look to him, that beard does a lot

He did nothing wrong

so, when's he going to die?

Credit goes where its due; this guy killed more people than Pol Pot. For a 19th century guy that's pretty impressive.

... still Shuri? She's 16 and still has a ways to go.

IN A CAVE

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Could you imagine Tesla starting off as a kid with todays resources and knowledge of electrical engineering?

the interesting thing about the Congo affair is that he personally never killed anyone nor directly gave the order to kill someone.
What he instead did was create a government and economic system so ruthless it's only conclusion was genocide.

Maybe we'd all actually have free unlimited energy transmitted via radio waves in the air

Tesla was meme scientist
Only redditors like him