Number 463

number 463

"464 edition"

draw your character in a tight bikini with thier butthole partially showing.

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do's and Dont's for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld's Podcast: youtube.com/channel/UC4QSk9zbGdHsg4-jgCFFF7w

Attached: 1520529772259.png (1200x1165, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TheSergioShow1/videos
witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
vigormortis.co.uk/patreon
mspfa.com/?s=24817&p=1
tapas.io/series/Oni-x-Fox
patreon.com/CapeworldComics
patreon.com/raccoongirl
patreon.com/laserwing
topwebcomics.com/vote/21781
patreon.com/user?u=2442919
patreon.com/libb
tapas.io/episode/1010006
patreon.com/MissSandy8
popkas.tumblr.com/post/171753040523/so-much-for-keeping-things-fast-and-easy-well-i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finished this page!

Also gonna have to censor this page for the Sup Forums kiddies.

Attached: page 12 censored.png (2250x3300, 2.15M)

youtube.com/user/TheSergioShow1/videos

Latest Witchway's Witch page for those who missed it!

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

Attached: 18-page.png (940x1424, 509K)

Nice.

I'll try, but to get things outta the way, I'll straight out say that is going to be an erotic comedy comic so if that's not your jam, I fucked up from the get-go.
Also, I'm still uncertain how should I name her.

Attached: Gal-cut.png (177x198, 9K)

I really like the way you deal with exposition and worldbuilding, it's casual but still feels like you thought it out. You quickly get a sense of how things work without much being explicitly stated, which I find very impressive.
I'm the writer in a two people team that may or may not eventually release their first chapter. I feel very limited at times because there's so much I want to do (my process being relatively fast) but there's only so many pages that can be done in a realistic amount of time. I tried to convince my artist to try b&w but he insists on color and the project is just slugging along.
I wish you the best of luck and hope there'll be many more chapters of Witchway.
Assuming you're the writer: do you meet the artist in person? Do you give instructions for panel layout in your scripts or do you doodle the pages?

Perfect I'm in

You seem like the kind of guy the Department of Education will approach when they want to make one of those really really awful animated learning games. Please turn them down, for the sake of the children.

Just a reminder.
Deadline for round 3 is the 17th.
Everyone get your entries in!

Attached: __original_drawn_by_fengmo__sample-47cbfc16638d2c37dcd4f71fce428d4a.jpg (850x841, 199K)

but why swimsuits

You know why.

Dude, you gotta signal boost this every thread, keep the peeps in check.

Cool, lemme wrap up the siblings story first, then we fucking go.

The plan is for me to outline the pages, write the dialogue and find an artist to work with. I've gone to a couple of local indie publishers but haven't met eye to eye creatively. I have no idea what I am doing in regards to laying out the panels and was looking for some critique.

Attached: page 1 rough.jpg (6491x9927, 2.07M)

Looks pretty interesting.

She looks like a Gert to me.

please to resize when you put these online.
1000 is a good maximum width

I'm sorry, a what? I tried googling before asking, but nothing that indicates what you mean

You were looking for a name suggestion
I could see her senile parents named her Gertrude but she just decided to own it
and someone would derisively call her Yogurt and she would just get in their face like HAHA HAHAHA I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE YOU COMPLETED MY NAME INTO A DIFFERENT WORD

Oh, that's sounds kinda catchy, I was going for Francesca, shortened to Franny, but wasn't sure about it. Gert sounds cool and catchy,I'll keep it in mind.
Thanks a bunch!

Glad I could help
I think if my name was Francesca I'd go by Chesk.

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO AVOID INTERACTING WITH LUCY AT ALL COST!!!

Attached: 2cf2e89f-fb94-44e9-b345-9a01faec7d88.jpg (400x527, 43K)

>I really like the way you deal with exposition and worldbuilding, it's casual but still feels like you thought it out. You quickly get a sense of how things work without much being explicitly stated, which I find very impressive.
>I wish you the best of luck and hope there'll be many more chapters of Witchway.
Thank you very much! I actually spent a year scrapping and redoing ideas, concepts and characters before settling for the final product. It went from a really bad Gravity Falls knock-off to something I can look at with much more pride.

>I'm the writer in a two people team that may or may not eventually release their first chapter. I feel very limited at times because there's so much I want to do (my process being relatively fast) but there's only so many pages that can be done in a realistic amount of time. I tried to convince my artist to try b&w but he insists on color and the project is just slugging along.
I'd love to read it, may I ask what it's about?

>Assuming you're the writer: do you meet the artist in person?
I actually met Nyamo here on /hyw/ when I offered to pay per b/w page. It just so happens I managed to find one of the best artists on the internet and the easiest to work with!

>Do you give instructions for panel layout in your scripts or do you doodle the pages?
Little nuances like Chupacabro wearing sunglasses or the background characters / Town in Chapter 1 are all Nyamo's work! Besides dialog and specific actions / locations to accompany them - they have free range to modify or add in what they'd like.

Attached: www concepts.png (1700x1840, 3.59M)

>Gravity Falls
Aw fuck. I thought you were a nigga with taste Mitch. You are no longer muh nigga.

Well that's why I broke off from it, silly billy.

Post your Patreons. Someone is going to get $5.

Not them, but I love their work and I think they deserve it

vigormortis.co.uk/patreon

ok im posting this mspfa.com/?s=24817&p=1 since i finished the first batch of updates

it doesnt have much to do with homestuck besides lord english

im working on a Video for it now

Attached: lequest10v2.gif (1000x1500, 2M)

>draw your character in a tight bikini with thier butthole partially showing.

...The challenge was accepted, and an attempt was made....

Attached: TRINITY AND SPRING 4.png (691x515, 186K)

oh no you don't, I've seen this Kids in the Hall sketch. Next you'll be handing out a punch to the head.

Oh, shit, you're right! But what can they do? get a refund?

Fuck, I misquoted. I was talking to (you)

Latest pages for Oni x Fox are leading up to something surprising...!

tapas.io/series/Oni-x-Fox

Attached: Ch.23_OxF_P11.jpg (786x1022, 630K)

did he just pin them to the wall with some kind of double-ended kusari-gama?

Yes.... Somehow haha

10/10!

I like how I can't fucking keep track of what is going on.
And I genuinely mean that.

Jack an angel are fucking up their date and Saudra and Neptunia are freaking out about it, what more is there to get?

I've only read this page and I'm entirely without context.
And I said I liked it.

patreon.com/CapeworldComics

Money? I like money!

Attached: Capeworld Comics Logo.jpg (562x321, 16K)

Oh ok, i didn't know that you were with out context.

Also thanks, and sorry, it's hard to tell if someone genuinely likes my stuff in these threads or not these days.

Dude, don't worry about it. Good luck and keep doing you.

patreon.com/raccoongirl

Attached: 1517100584700.png (500x474, 133K)

Thanks!

New character for comic. Totally not a rip off of Imogen Poots in Green Room mixed with Tank Girl..... i promise....

Attached: dsdf.jpg (1280x1024, 1.82M)

Looks like Rocket Power mixed with a fucking gaping asshole

savage

Attached: 1475522329048.jpg (696x413, 29K)

but Rocket Power is dope?

I fixed it

Attached: E-462 Page 1 Tapas-1.jpg (900x1350, 270K)

patreon.com/laserwing

If we're shilling tonight how about voting me on TWC? It's free and I'll vote you back
topwebcomics.com/vote/21781

Attached: patreonthankyou.png (613x503, 244K)

That is not an opinion that is going to net you a lot of agreement, being a klasky-csupo show, but if you think it was dope then you go ahead and let it influence you
I'm just going to vote for you because I can

works loads better but just to nit pick more i dont like how vertical the dialogues line up

What is wrong with klasky-csupo productions? Duckman and Aaahh Real Monsters are amazing. Is it just because it's a western product?

Attached: badgerpage15.png (787x1116, 1.57M)

you're a special breed, user.
But you should be conscious of the fact that KC's art is universally despised.

No its not lol

yo pencilforge, did you see the fanarts I made you a couple threads ago?

Pretty sure this is bait. It is a million times better than new shows on Nick and CN imo.

fanart?? I dont think so...

see because we both have characters named Kimchi ...

Attached: kimchi highfivin kimchi.jpg (624x597, 81K)

but first just for due diligence I did a proper one

Attached: black hole badger fanart.jpg (1123x842, 171K)

These are amazing! Mind if i post them on my webcomic page? And how do you want me to credit you?

patreon.com/user?u=2442919

patreon.com/libb

Attached: test3.png (940x1252, 33K)

Glad you like. Please do! I noticed you don't have a fanart page because tapas, unless you have a second site I'm unaware of.
You can credit me as ColdFusion and I suppose you can say like author of Kiwi Day N just so that first one makes more sense.

holy fuck this shit saved my life

god damn tablets are fun

Attached: Viuhhok.jpg (1322x7055, 656K)

>It just so happens I managed to find one of the best artists on the internet and the easiest to work with!
AWWW!

Very cool!

Thanks so much!

please be my artist gf

I've been making comics in my spare time that I'm happy with. I figure I should post them online, on a website or something. Where though? And where do I advertise them, if anywhere? I don't really want a fanbase since I make them for myself, but I figure it'd be cool to have others read them.

Attached: bugsss.jpg (966x694, 87K)

Post them here first and we'll tell you what we think.

>I'd love to read it, may I ask what it's about?
The inoffical title is "The girl with the rainbow knife". It starts out on a floating island which is inhabited by a small people who suffer from resource scarcity and depend on a tiny caste of skilled men and women who fly giant kites to catch flying animals that pass over the island. After the first chapter the plot develops into an adventure comic with episodically changing settings and a party of travellers that grows by ~one character per chapter.
I teamed up with my artist a little over a year ago and I really hope we can release the first chapter before the end of spring. By now I've planned out 4+ chapters of 20-30 pages each, mostly to convince myself that the project is happening. We intend to go for a hiveworks application but even though I want to have total confidence in the comic I feel I should be realistic about our ability to meet their demands, so I'm not sure how it'll go.
Pic related is one of my early sketches for the island.

Attached: image.jpg (1717x2591, 803K)

How'd I do?

Attached: sword7bt.png (700x871, 271K)

Attached: page28.png (1000x1300, 127K)

Working on this page. The grid on the first panel was so crazy I couldn't do the characters in, I'm gonna leave that for another sheet.
God bless the light tables.

Attached: DSC_0087.jpg (600x854, 158K)

>2017
>analog drawing

My digital drawings aren't quite there, so me and analog are going to be cozy for a while I guess.

Attached: Asylum-Digital-Test.png (3000x1650, 665K)

The sooner you switch the faster you're on track. It's time to cast off the floaties and wade off the deep end

terrible advice. end yourself

Unironically, I agree to some extend. It's just that right now, I rather work within my comfort zone until I have a better tool. My current PC has a defective power supply I haven't replaced due to budget, and my Bamboo Connect pen is starting to wear down, so right now, I don't have the optimal settings to work fully digitally.
This is the best thing I can pull off digitally, but that took over 9 hours, which compared to the less than two it takes me to do pencils and lineart for drawing and simple comic pages, it's a big investment I have no need to do atm.
I am planning on upgrading my hardware next month if everything works out, so I may slowly start doing more digital stuff.
Right now, I just made the choice of working traditionally for the sake of convenience, rather than personal desire.

Attached: Wiilhelmina upskirt.png (1125x1650, 1.01M)

snibbety snab, only use #2 HB pencils on pieces of bark

Attached: 1504778590123.png (500x880, 482K)

Sooo... is Nyamo a girl? Is that confirmed?

This pic is so cute.

tapas.io/episode/1010006

latest page, considering a double upload because of the upload date change

Attached: Zo.png (1200x1500, 437K)

I chuckled

Aw man, the quality of this page does not reflect the time I spent on it but I'm okay with most of it. For now I am just going to continue on and come back to it later.
I want to fix the pillars and the panel border thickness in panel 1. Maybe the wheel and get better fruit in panel 2. Also need to add character shade, missing character details and word balloons.

Attached: page 2.3.png (940x774, 449K)

That grid is a lot of work, and I think it paid off. Looking forward to the finished page.

Are the characters from this all monster of some sort?

Attached: doodle2018mar11_warmup_hyw_asylum_cyclopeboi.jpg (425x1100, 62K)

Its ok. Traditional media art is best art.

>Aw man, the quality of this page does not reflect the time I spent on it

Can relate

That's the most cool and original idea I've heard in a while.
Fucking hilarious once again, though honestly my assumption was that the smaller, grey-haired character WAS his mom

patreon.com/MissSandy8

Attached: tips headband.png (719x1280, 823K)

Oh, I didn't know polish user has patreon.

It's not my webcomic but it's formatted like a comic, please send me internet validation for this drawings of some Pikachu because I worked hard on it :3
popkas.tumblr.com/post/171753040523/so-much-for-keeping-things-fast-and-easy-well-i
thanx guyz

Attached: 025.jpg (501x501, 171K)

Except MC, they all are. It is a project I kept on pushing aside, but I'll like to do in the future.
Part of the reason it's in a limbo, it's because I found a comic with the same premise, so I'm mad about it.
I tried my best to keep things as sorted as possible for the grid, but I feel one of the three points was misplaced and it looks kinda wonky.
Last but most certainly not least, thanks for the Cyclops drawing! I really like it.

Yeah, agreed, but I really want to expand my horizons.

Thanks! One of the first things I planned about them was the synergy and how they look like a family even though they're all different.
There's hope this idea becomes a thing in the future.

This one is great, I can't believe you can pull off this so fast, when are you going to post them somewhere?

Are you a dude?

at least it looks like a lot of time was spent on it

I like the way you blog. I wish I knew how to blog, I'd do something about monsters.

Blogging is literally the same as posting to Sup Forums but you have a name attached to your posts. It helps to be able to code a layout with HTML/CSS but half your readerbase will only see your posts from your dashboard feed so it's not necessary.

The standard of quality for Tumblr blogs is incredibly low, so you can do whatever you want. You could have a blog where you just post 'poop boop poop' over and over again a hundred times and someone out there would still follow you for irony points.

I like it! Here's to your artist and you putting out something you both will be proud of!

I'm serious. And that page you did with Milly singing "Y Control" practically confirmed it as irrefutable proof.

Indeed I am. I can't see how that page could possibly indicate I'm not.

How do I make a popular comic without making it about identity and politics?