Action Comics #1000

>no Moore
>no Morrison (I think)
>no Busiek
>they couldn’t even get Kelly
The absolute STATE of this line-up of writers

Attached: 9DE39D11-1C33-460F-998D-2A8E948BB43A.jpg (600x906, 120K)

At least we have Bendis!

Based

isn't king writing in this?

Attached: 1510575105057.png (600x600, 45K)

>King
>Bendis
wew

Attached: 1520643114083.gif (380x199, 1.45M)

King is literally better than every single one of those writers combined.

Attached: 1520444087876.jpg (2061x3128, 1011K)

>King is literally better than every single one of those writers combined.
2/10

Attached: 1520671803554.jpg (800x411, 29K)

Attached: 1509745231174.gif (267x200, 1.26M)

yeah but look at this dream team

Attached: F56AF1C8-C012-4180-9764-3983BA0B581D.jpg (2436x1826, 713K)

B-but at least we’re getting the trunks back!

Why are the worst writers(King and Bendis) on the biggest DC titles? WTF DC

Imagine Bendis and King team up. God save us all

Laughing reaction gifs are so cringe-worthy 90% of the time

I know only 4 of them

>untucked short sleeves
>wrinkled as hell
>jeans
>still buttons top button

>not offering anything to S! Maggin

If you Batfags hate King so much write DC and tell them, then maybe King will come back to Marvel again

>no Moore
Why would you bring back the guy who ruined Silver Age Supes?

this

I wanna fuck that big fat black woman on the right.

didn't people liked King's Omega men and Mr. Miracle?

I see Bendis has his "Deal With It" face on.

>This cover
Why is Jim Lee popular? This is lazy as fuck and I'm almost certain it's probably repurposed from something else. You think you'd have something better for Action #1000

Attached: Action1000_LeeCVR2_FULL.jpg (320x480, 181K)

Jim Lee's art is so trash why does the industry suck his dick again?

reddit only

the shills who attack people who point out OOC bullshit and terrible pacing and writing like it.

that's about it. and the shill that writes for IGN.

This cover is the comic version of CGI-Stache Superman.

It's more than that.

Iconic Superman Stories
>For the Man who Has Everything
>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
No Moore
>All Star Superman
No Morrison
>Red Son
No Millar
>Superman for All Seasons
No Loeb
>Kingdom Come
No Waid
No Ross
>Whats So Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way
No Kelly

And then there are random big names they could have just slapped on the cover for prestige of people that don't hate DC.

No Garth Ennis
No Neil Gaiman
No Warren Ellis
No Frank Miller
No BKV
No Robert Kirkman
No Azzarello
No Busiek
No Mignola

Who do we get? King, Snyder, Bendis.

> didn't people liked King's Omega men and Mr. Miracle?
Yes, but since his Batman run has been lackluster now the cool thing to do is pretend you always hated him and his work was never good.

He is. His short was already released, in fact.

It’s honestly a shameful display, I’m not even going to bother buying it

Tomasi is the best Superman writer of all time. He's only hated by edgelords who prefer Moore's edgy comics.

(You)

Jesus I never knew Lee was such a manlet.

>>All Star Superman
>No Morrison
Don't forget Superman Beyond.

this is so shameful

dc editorial you no account hacks

Attached: sup.png (300x250, 17K)

>Mentioning pleb son over Superman Adventures

I can't tell if Miller is getting better or worse.

>No Waid
>No Ross
That's a good thing though.

Miller is such a cool guy, hope he feels well

Attached: fishing-small__2848968140.jpg (640x432, 62K)

>reeves face
This goes without saying, but
>tfw capeshit is so creatively bankrupt that they ham fist some retarded faggot actors image into Superman books because the dipshits who write/draw this garbage these days have nothing but self-reference

Attached: christopherreeve-amagicalevening-1.jpg (697x1024, 58K)

I mean, I enjoy King, and that's an okay page, but come on man, even as bait that's just silly.

Because apparently to someone whose opinions actually count in the industry, he's doing an acceptable job.

Maybe you should learn to read.

god so do I
do you think she'd roleplay waller in bed bullying me

>some retarded faggot actors
don't cut yourself on all that edge kid

>No Millar
>No Waid
But that’s a good thing

>brain-dead target audience member speaks up!
Literally a retarded faggot meat puppet, dumbass. Funny how imagination is limitless, isn't it? Yep, but Superman looks like some faggot actor.

Attached: bloom_s_taxonomy.png (500x315, 57K)

Millar is better than anyone actually on AC1000

Jim Lee is actually a good artist, the problem is - like with any popular person - is once you get famous, you realize you can get away wit anything as long as your name is slapped on it, and you get lazy.

This cover is absolute shit by Lee's standards, and it's not indicative of his actual art ability. I wouldn't be surprised if this was like, ghost-drawn by someone else and Lee only inked it, because it almost doesn't look like him.

To illustrate my point - see pic, that's how Jim Lee draws when he's actually arsed to do so properly.

Attached: jl_2_jim_lee_scott_williams_by_inkist-d48cj95.jpg (1013x789, 372K)

He would have Luthor impregnate Supergirl with Jon's sperm and if she tries to abort, her womb would blow up.

On second thought... I am 100% sure this cover was ghost-drawn because this looks too different from how Lee usually draws Superman. He definitely just slapped his name on finished product.

Attached: Superman-by-jim-lee-jpgw389.jpg (1800x2776, 2.59M)

Yeah they might be good now or maybe ever good. But still they wrote some of the most iconic stories for Superman and the issue should be more about acknowledgement of Superman's past stories and those who contributed to how we got to 1,000 and not a list that constitutes whoever happened to be around the office and Bendis launching point.

that'd be based

No, you can tell it's him.

You clearly don't know anything about Mark Millar.

Yeah, that's his own shit, but dude doesn't mess around with Superman. Not even his Superman expies.

I know Sup Forums doesn't read comics, but lee's art has been mediocre since new 52 justice league in 2011.

And this is for an interior page, you would think he could bring his A game for a cover for such an important issue.

I bet he just pencilled a loose outline, and everything else was done by other artists. That, or he literally churned these pencils out in 15 minutes during a coffee break.

>DIDIO: Hey, Jim, it'd be kinda cool if we could attach your name to that AC1000 thing.
>LEE (not even looking up while playing Overwatch) I'm, uh, too busy to draw interiors for a story, I'm afraid. HELL YEAH POTG!
>DIDIO: A quick cover then?
>LEE: Hmm... I guess I have a couple minutes while I'm waiting for a match...

Moore is a big fan of silver age Superman.

This list assumes most of these people would even want to write Superman.

I'm sure unless they have some hate for DC like Moore or Waid, most writers would be fine doing a 5 page story and getting their name on the big Action Comics #1000. Strangely the only people on that list with hate boners for DC are the ones listed as having written famous Superman stories in the past.

Didn't you just use this bait already more than once?
Pathetic.

-17/10

if you watch his twitch streams yeah, he often does covers in a span of 15-20 minutes.

Where did we go wrong.

Attached: 2046fed533ded6a909b7e075554c8435.jpg (810x1241, 183K)

9/11

Something about those trunks makes me think they were shooped on at the last second...

>They even got Moebius in it
Seriously. What the fuck happened?

Holy fuck, is b&w the patrician choice?

Are you King's agent?

Or you just like sucking tiny peen?

Attached: Evansposting redeux.gif (245x300, 1.39M)

Of the people listed as random big names (since the rest, as by the specific things they previously written listed, have ALREADY written Superman in the past), all but TWO have already written Superman.

There's no legitimate reason why they wouldn't, for the paycheck, do so for something one shot like this.

And BTW, personally, I could care less for a good half plus of those 'random big names'

Those threads are always the same, i didn't any post yet i'm sure Sup Forums is trying to shit on King and saying that Bendis will be good

>AC #1000
>BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
>JOHN CASSADAY
>OLIVIER COIPEL
>PAUL DINI
>JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ
>PATRICK GLEASON
>BUTCH GUICE
>GEOFF JOHNS
>DAN JURGENS
>TOM KING
>JIM LEE
>CLAY MANN
>BRAD MELTZER
>JERRY ORDWAY
>TIM SALE
>LOUISE SIMONSON
>SCOTT SNYDER
>CURT SWAN
>PETER J. TOMASI
>MARV WOLFMAN

Seem to about the same in terms of talent, more or less. Most of the #400 creators were people who were A-listers in 1984 that you only revere because you grew up reading them. And who could you get today that is considered Will Eisner or Moebius tier?

>And who could you get today that is considered Will Eisner or Moebius tier?
Akira Toriyama

could've got Chris Ware to do something
or like you know Miller/Moore

Moore wants nothing to do with DC. And Miller's doing his own Superman comic already, given his health he's already busy with that.

how about any of or or Bates

>Morrison
Might not be interested in a few page story, could be too busy
>Millar
DC has not worked with Millar in years, and there's no real reason to ask him come back.
>Loeb
He doesn't do comics anymore
>Waid
Burned his bridges, ain't going to come back as long as Harras is working at DC
>Ross
I dunno.
>Kelly
When was the last time Kelly wrote something?
>Gaiman
Doesn't do comics almost at all, and has no real connection to Superman.
>Warren Ellis
Why would he even be interested?
>BKV
Saga is keeping him busy, and probably has no interest coming back to DC.
>Azzarello
He's done one Superman story, no reason to give him a call. Also busy with other projects.
>Mignola
He's got Hellboy.
>Busiek
Busiek doesn't really have much interest in doing mainstream capes. I would bet he had to be persuaded for years to just do the new Batman comic.

You are a fairly stupid person. Now explain why Moebius and Ray Bradbury did come one despite having success in non-Superman properties, since according to you that's the only reason to do a short comic for Action #1000.

Doing something for #400 is different from #1000, where they're more interested in bringing in people (who still work with DC) with ties to Superman's history. Bendis for example is there because he's going to write Superman in the future and it's his first major work debut for DC.

BUT LE TRUNKS ARE BACK AMRITE TRUNKS BROS? :D

>don't bring any historical writers back
>don't use good writers currently employed like Ennis and Yang
DC was a mistake

That's not a particularly good but no where near as bad cover

as this cover which is really pretty blah and sad

NOW this variant is a good cover

Attached: Action Comics (2018) 1000 Stanley “Artgerm” Lau variant.jpg (790x1200, 154K)

Half of the people there are staff/writers etc for Krypton and have nothing to do with the AC 1000 celebration. DC combined the SXSW panel to discuss both.

She's a writer on Krypton (both of the females are), one of them, not sure which, formerly wrote for The 100.

>When was the last time Kelly wrote something?
Less than a year ago?

>don't bring any historical writers back

Jurgens, Wolfman, Louise Simonson are historical Superman writers.

I didn't know S! Magnin was still alive, they should have gotten him to do a short as well, likewise Bates. Fuck, for that matter, ask O'Neil to do something.

>The rude dude
>Not particularly good
trash tier opninion

That's like bringing in Austen, Tiny Daniels and Lobdell as historical Superman writers.

>Nog getting Elliot S Maggin and the revived corpses of Curt Swan and Julius Schwartz

Everyone thought he wasn't gonna live past 2014, so I'd say he's better

>No Mignola

If he's going to be on anything is would be Detective Comics 1000. He's god tier, but nothing about his style really fits Superman.

IIRC an unpublished Swan story is actually going to be in it.

Wolfman was part of the CoIE reboot Superman, while Jurgens and Louise were part of the original shield era Superman in the 90s, and were involved in Death of Superman, etc. storylines with very long and liked runs on their assigned title. Comparing them to Austen, Lobdell and Daniel is idiotic, and that's putting it mildly.

No one is saying Bendis will be good.

The guy that turned superboy into lex and clark's lovechild was Geoff Johns.

Attached: Geoff+Johns+Man+Steel+World+Premiere+NYC+Part+BPi43dBQYBvl.jpg (395x594, 65K)