What was worse, America or Iceman?

What was worse, America or Iceman?

Iceman for me. It's the destruction of a classic character.

Attached: america-chavez-dimensions.jpg (1400x700, 174K)

America

I unironically enjoyed America. It produced some of the most entertaining Sup Forums threads in ages.

Iceman just made me sad.

With Iceman they fucked with a veteran member of the X-Men for spurious reasons, but America's run was more consistently and offensively bad than any of Gay Bobby's appearances.

Iceman wasn't bad enough to get a story time of pain for every issue.

can't magneto cure him or something?

You can't cure gayness with magnets.

At least I don't THINK you can.

I asked for recommendations for new X Men books. Someone said Iceman so I checked it out. Oh my god was I raging and just hating on Bobby. All I remember was he was mourning Black Widows death and met some dude then started acting like a Diva. Then he destroyed some chicks sculptor for no reason. No fucking action just gay back story. One of the worst comics I ever read.

I hate both but America for me because she was being written 100 times better in other books at the same time.

Squirrel Girl is bad also.

Not with that attitude.

America may be a worse comic, one of the worst things Marvel ever published, but there's a strong possibility that 10 years from now, most people won't even remember who she was. Iceman is a classic Lee/Kirby character who'd always been around, since 1963, but they've retconned the first 50 years of his existence. He's an entirely different character now, they can't ever change him back, and that's far worse.

What is worse, being shot or hanged?

opposites attract, put a magnet in his dics and one in a puss and there ya go!

This. It was ok to make him gay... But they made him into a bitter self hating flamer.

>they can't ever change him back

Of course they can.

Jean brainwashed him gay. She undos the brainwash and the old Bobby is back.

Depends on how either are done. In this case both were botched to the point that you suffered a long and agonizing death

>It's the destruction of a classic character.
Ha! They turned a boring straight character into a boring gay character. That's not destruction, that's just a minor change that didn't make him better of worse.

iceman is hardly a classic character

Why are all the 10/10 looking brown girls written as obnoxiously bad as possible?

King's Batman

America, I think.

>Try to pander to the Latin community by using Spanish in the dialogue, only for some of it to fall flat or not make sense, gramatically
>No actual strong, independent woman will ever use "HOLY MENSTRUATION" as a remark
>The entire story feels like it's morphing to conveniently fit the needs of America (I'm looking at you, alien sorority of LGBTQ)
>Kate Bishop's sentiment that was so hamfisted and very poorly written that you can actually glaze the comic in honey and serve it for Christmas
>The author who's trying to represent the Spanish culture is actually some bulldyke who's more connected to white culture and is actually using your race and culture to score social justice points, and who doesn't even speak Spanish

It's like if Iceman was written by a straight dude who only watched Queer Eye and George Lopez as a reference to how LGBTQ and Spanish people act.

That's ironic liking though

It's not that it's impossible to write that story. has the obvious solution. It's that nobody would dare write that story, and have their career and life destroyed by gay activists and the social media hate-mob.

Drastic shifts in society and culture would need to happen before Iceman can be restored to his old self.

I'm with you, Iceman was worst, because you can simply ignore America, but Sup Forums is too retarded to do it, but you can't change the new canon