At what age is it no longer socially acceptable to be a Sup Forumsmrade?

At what age is it no longer socially acceptable to be a Sup Forumsmrade?

I'm almost 19 and feel guilty watching rewatching young justice, partly because they are all younger than me now. It just feels weird.

Attached: Robin-Young-Justice-Animated-Series-c.jpg (500x597, 31K)

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the things that you like, as long as you keep it in perspective.

I'm 28 and well past the point of caring if what entertainment I enjoy is "socially acceptable".

>At what age is it no longer socially acceptable to be a Sup Forumsmrade?
Doesn't matter. YOU FUCKING SHEEP.

Sensible answer. And I'm not embarrassed about it or anything, but it's just not the same as watching when you're a kid with no responsibilities. Just wish I could be 8 again...

Do you find it hard to relate with some of the younger characters? Like how could you even read a teen titans comic wouldn't it feel weird?

As long as your have a healthy understanding of why some people might think you shouldn't like something while you enjoy it, it won't matter.
If you don't have that understanding you become like the fans of a certain show that shant be named here
And if worse comes to worse just play it off as being ironic, normalfags eat that excuse right up.

Just be cool about it AKA don't buy into fandom/lifestyle shit.

>being self-conscious about relating to characters younger than you, like a repressed pedophile

You honestly sound like you have worse issues than worrying about being "socially acceptable". Most people don't worry about that shit.

Attached: help me officers, these lolis are going to rape m-.png (1280x719, 741K)

I can relate to and empathize with younger characters because I was their age once and experienced many of the same feelings and (non superhero-related) troubles they have. Some experiences are pretty much universal no matter how much time passes, so it's easy to connect to those.

If nothing else, if the characters and story are entertaining then it doesn't really matter to me whether I can relate to the characters or not. Nor do I care if what I'm watching/reading was made for my demographic so long as I'm enjoying myself.

There is only one person who can be the judge of that.

>And if worse comes to worse just play it off as being ironic, normalfags eat that excuse right up.

That's very insightful lol I've noticed the same thing in retrospect just never really thought about it

This is basically what I was thinking yeah. After 16 or so I stopped shamelessly advertising this as a hobby

I'm extremely self conscious yes, probably due to stunted social development in high school because it was a nerd school of like 60 people lol

I'm 20 and I have no plans of stopping. I tend to keep up with shit that is currently airing instead of re-watching old shit but I still go back and watch stuff from time to time like Danny Phantom, Totally Spies, or JLU. Most "kids" in cartoons are written as adults because it's really hard to write good kid characters. Watch what you want and don't give a fuck and also support and love Miss Martian until your last breath.

>As long as your have a healthy understanding of why some people might think you shouldn't like something while you enjoy it, it won't matter.

Cartoons and comics are one thing I've never heard a reasonable answer to this for. Best I've gotten is "user, grown men shouldn't be watching cartoons."
>Why?
"It's kids stuff."

So for this particular thing, I just ignore the complaints.

Thanks. I needed to hear this. I need to stop being irrational and overthinking...

Respect, MM forever

In addition to what others have said about perspective and stuff, one thing I can recommend to just about everyone is to still watch cartoons and other stuff, but also balance it out with other things like sitcoms or live action dramas, or even other stuff like novels and shit. Same goes for people who watch/read that stuff a lot as well, of course.

Having a personal preference is perfectly okay, but I think life is too short to wall one off to only one section of the beautiful world known as fiction, and it may even increase your appreciation of your favorite section as a result.

Attached: adachi__persona_4_by_kidikarusuprising23-d4xyb3d.jpg (229x200, 9K)

Maybe you shouldn't ask a place where "adults" get angry and do autistic fits about shows aimed for toddlers.
Or where people doesn't feel proud of having "waifus" like it was something normal, or acceptable.

Watching animated shows into adulthood is becoming more and more common. I'm an uber driver and more than once I've picked up groups of 30 year olds coming to or from night clubs and they'd mention watching modern cartoons or anime.

Very good point. Personally I'm not a fan of most normie shit but I appreciate the sentiment behind getting a wider range of fiction.

Idk I mean obviously everyone's super biased but they seem to be making valid arguments

This, I'm huge into Film, Cars and History, just another facet.

Nigga that's an extreme 90% of people here aren't like this.
The only reason I still browse this and other boards is because somehow Sup Forums is less autistic than anybody else.
Like, we have our freaks but people are still super reasonable when they aren't on shitpost mode.

>I'm almost 19 and feel guilty watching rewatching young justice, partly because they are all younger than me now. It just feels weird

This is autism.

>Having a personal preference is perfectly okay, but I think life is too short to wall one off to only one section of the beautiful world known as fiction, and it may even increase your appreciation of your favorite section as a result.

This is very true. It doesn't make sense to pin yourself to a single medium. It doesn't make sense to abandon one arbitrarily either. Cartoons, live action, live theater, books, games and more, all of it can be used to tell a cool story, bro.

This; Jesus

enjoy whatever you want-- just don't be weird about it around your normie friends.

This desu

Part of growing up is caring less about what other people think. Not in a rebellious try-hard way, mind you. As you get older that fear of judgement just mellows out.

I'm 31. I love comics and cartoons. I know at least one Sup Forumsmrade who is in his 50s. You should cherish your interests, as long as you're not engaging with them in an emotionally unhealthy way.

Holy shit you're such a child. If you care so much about what others think about your hobbies, then why the fuck are you even here? I bet you're a phoneposter as well. I hate the fact that people born in the year 2000 can now post on Sup Forums without breaking 18+ rule.

Nigger, fuck you. I'm 30. I'll watch all the goddamn cartoons I feel like, I pay my taxes.

>Do you find it hard to relate with some of the younger characters? Like how could you even read a teen titans comic wouldn't it feel weird?
With Runaways, for example, reading it as 30 year old is a much different experience than reading it as a teenager when it first came out. Back then, they were very relatable characters. Now it's obvious that they're written to be kind of pretentious characters who think they've got the world figured out, but are really just a bunch of stupid teenagers. In that sense, it's kind of nostalgic, since I remember being that way when I was their age.

>32.
>No one cares that my main focal hobby is comics because I also have a job, family, and other normal hobbies.

My mom?

Attached: muscleman.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Idk, maybe early 20s? There isn't a set age limit to most cartoons/comics but I don't want to be a grown man discussion Loud House or whatever show that is made for/intended for young kids, feels kind of creepy