Why do people say X-Men don’t work in the MCU? I see this point is brought up but never a reason so what’s the reason?

Why do people say X-Men don’t work in the MCU? I see this point is brought up but never a reason so what’s the reason?

Attached: D4D0B7EA-9A87-4481-9261-AEC51969A4D9.jpg (970x545, 250K)

Cause it's really fucking stupid in the marvel comics too

Actually I think they would pretty easy to set up but they need a set up unlike F4 or Spidey. You just need an Avengers event that the superpowered heroes screw up big time and many civilian casualties and it leads to cape activities and meta humans being criminalized. This leads to the x-men being hunted much worse than the heroes that weren’t born into it but gained it.

Because mutants are treated as a combination of lepers, subhumans, LGBT outcasts, alien invaders and religious nutjobs. This is despite the fact that getting a mutant child is completely random, not a choice, and their mutation isn't consistent at all (meaning treating them as an associated group is asinine).

Meanwhile, you have your superheroes who are usually adored, except when they're only able to save 99 percent of people in a situation. These aren't treated as a collected group, despite the fact they chose their lifestyle, actively advertise it, and drop mooks like flies in the name of justice.

Then you get the fact that 'what if mutants just did the jobs of superheroes?'. What is instead more disturbing is 'Why do superheroes not give two shits about mutant hysteria?'. Or why is Spidey not labelled a mutant by the ignorant public? Why hasn't Magneto brutally murdered Tony as a symbol that even the strongest of humans will fall before mutants? Why doesn't Xavier help Banner with his issues?

And why the hell aren't we using cartoon style rogue yet?

This.
Keep Marvel and the X-Men separate but equal.

Well current continuity sure as hell doesn't. More than likely getting rebooted, if ever.

You know what would be real cool is if they keep current MCU as their prime Earth then there is these X Men on an alternate Earth that you can even introduce multiverse that way.

THIS. Image very much related.

Attached: avengers vs x-men.jpg (646x341, 51K)

Fuck that convoluted bullshit, and Marvel's multiverse sucks

Combine Earth X Trilogy and Ultimate origins and boom. There you go. Easy peasy.

Honestly the X Men franchise is so vast they can survive on their own.

>this is not the image I uploaded
What the shit, Hiroshimoot?

Attached: avengers vs x-men.jpg (654x347, 49K)

X2 and Logan are enter than anything the MCU has produced. Gonna be great to see this executive driven quipcancer do to those films what Homecoming did to Raimi's Spidey.

>Meanwhile, you have your superheroes who are usually adored, except when they're only able to save 99 percent of people in a situation. These aren't treated as a collected group, despite the fact they chose their lifestyle, actively advertise it, and drop mooks like flies in the name of justice.
This doesn't really apply to the MCU, since most of the heroes are tech-based. Most of the heroes with legitimate superpowers, like Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-man, have a really shitty public image.

How many people watch football or basketball or boxing but wouldn't want to deal with black people or have a black person marry a family member?

Here's what you do; you make the MCU X-Men very much their own entity, and by that I mean no substantial Avengers crossover until a big event like say Galactus or Dr Doom. However having Captain Marvel appear in a X-Men movie so Rogue can get a power upgrade is fine though. Kind of like how Dr Strange was in Ragnarok, or Falcon in Ant Man

Attached: rogue_x_men_evo___smiles_02_by_matthunx-d5rcvwo.jpg (449x337, 33K)

The younger looking the actors the easier it would be to integrate them into MCU. If Andrew Garfield had been an 18 year old that looked like a 14 year old his continuity could have been tied into MCU easily. All business and lawyers talk aside. Just story-wise a younger more youthful Andrew Garfield could have stood a chance.
Simultaneously younger actors threaten the current MCU actors from Evans to Downey. But that idea has no legs and its only a matter of timing.
So the new younger X-Men actors from first class to phoenix saga could be integrated along side Hugh Jackman who at this point holds the reigns of the X-Men franchise.

You know what X-men could really add to Downey's MCU

When First Class when Macavoy worked for the spooks and x-men where played as super powered G-men.

Integrating X-men with Avengers via spy-jinks through Scarlet Witch & Black Widow tweaks my nodes.

Attached: download (1).jpg (345x146, 9K)

>Spider-man has a really shitty public image
since when?
in the MCU people are mistrustful of Hulk and Scarlet Witch because they accidentally killed innocents, not because of their more er organic-y powers

Attached: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.jpg (710x320, 28K)

They getting rid of everything, user, and starting fresh

Pretty sure they will turn Wanda back to a mutant and play on the whole biological aspect. Also they are right no one in MCU aside from Thor was born into it which can be as alien not a mutation affecting the humans.

MCU has a fairly infantile portrayal of government. X-men portray a scarier world. Strange marketing contrast actually. user are you able to handle these concepts or are they too complicated. Not trying to burned you here. Just noticed I was getting less replies with insightfylness.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 10K)

There is no way they won’t start fresh

No shit. Doing anything else is essentially advertising for another company's product.

Because Mutants really only work as an established and burgeoning race.
Even in X-men they had the race already established as existing and becoming an issue.
Meanwhile MCU we've seen decades of their history from the perspective of people and organizations that couldn't possibly not been wise to their existence. The only way Mutants work is Xavier going full "don't trust this motherfucker" mode right out the gate.

I mean, they did talk about using the same interpretation of Deadpool as Fox. I don’t think Deadpool would change by X-Men is a franchise not one character.

Feige and the merch say she is using "chaotic magic" so she's not a mutant. They have to explain her powers in IW or A4 which are both before the Fox merger would come into effect.

>Because Mutants really only work as an established and burgeoning race. Even in X-men they had the race already established as existing and becoming an issue.

Just because the Fox movies did that doesn't mean it's the only way things can be done.

If they want to add X-Men to the MCU, the easiest way is that 99% of mutants are new. People aren't aware of them because Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and a few others were the only mutants until now, and they weren't active in public. Like the Silver Age, Ultimate X-Men, or X-Men Evolution, you have a cast that's mostly teens.

Oh I get it. This is a ten year down the line problem. That's why recasting Wolverine and Deadpool seem possible to you. Not because you're talking out of your ass but because X-men in MCU won't even beEA thing until ... Nope. I still don't get it. I had it then I lost it ..

The comics may end up changing Wanda & Pietro back into mutants eventually, but what would be the point of doing this in the MCU? She doesn't have the history of being forced to join Magneto's Brotherhood, so him being her father would add nothing, he'd just be a father she never met before.

They just have to do some kind of Post Credit Scene with a dialog something like

>WELL I THINK THIS WAR WAS FINITE AFTER ALL, WHAT ARE YA GUYZ DOIN AFTER?
>Paperclip moves and scratches Scarlet Witch on the cheek
>I guess it's time to tell him about my brother
>TELL WHO?
>...My Father
>SCARLETT WITCH AND QUICKSILVER WILL BE BACK ON AVX

Whatever you were responding to is deleted, but "how will X-Men fit into the MCU?" really is a years down the line problem. The Disney/Fox deal isn't even final yet, and could take years to complete. Fox are intending to make as many X-Men movies as they can while they're able to do so.

The people expecting to see some kind of teaser for the X-Men or FF at the end of Avengers 4 are just delusional.

And if Jackman really is done with playing Wolverine, they'd have to cast someone new.

Make Magneto abandon them at a young age for whatever reason and turn their gypsy parents into their adoptive parents. Also boom Wanda’s daddy issues.

In the comics, their daddy issues come from learning that their father was a man they hated, the terrorist leader who forced them into his private army. If Magneto is some stranger to Wanda, someone that she never knew, you don't gain anything by connecting them.

To be fair, the rest of the superhuman community in Marvel is ALSO hated and feared.