What the hell is a realm in the MCU? Is it a planet, galaxy, or a portion of a galaxy...

What the hell is a realm in the MCU? Is it a planet, galaxy, or a portion of a galaxy? Because in comic canon it's just another dimension, yet in the movies its super fucking unclear. Moreover, what gives Asgardians the right to lord over these places? They're just a bunch of assholes who live considerably longer, and have a monopoly on instant travel. I would think other races would tell them to go fuck themselves

Attached: Yggdrasil.png (1608x804, 2.54M)

A holy orgy of powerful shape shifting beings with personalities like Asians who would prefer you mind your own business as too identities and lines of demarcation you small organic simulation.

>I would think other races would tell them to go fuck themselves
They did, Hela and Odin summarily fucked their shit until they begged to be conquered rather than exterminated.

Nihao.

Attached: download.jpg (200x200, 9K)

I'm just curious as to how a race like The Kree or The Nova Corp interacts with Asgard, if at all

>What the hell is a realm in the MCU?

>Is it a planet

Yes, basically.

But these planets are focal points for what is pretty much the foundations of the universe, I.E. Yggdrasil. When the convergence happens, these foundations get a bit wonky, hence the random time/space anomalies we saw in TDW.

>Moreover, what gives Asgardians the right to lord over these places? They're just a bunch of assholes who live considerably longer, and have a monopoly on instant travel. I would think other races would tell them to go fuck themselves

Might. Might makes right. Bor and Odin apparently made it a paramount issue that these nine specific worlds were under their control out of literally any other world in the rest of the universe they could go to. Holding the foundations of the Universe in their hands made them people not to be fucked with. At least until Ragnarok.

As a reader of comic books what makes you think you have a right to know where one definition begins and another ends in regards to the largest entities ever conceived.

On the other hand: how many years have you harbored a paralyzing fear of burning in shellfire for all eternity? You know to stay on the topic of the relationship between readers and inconceivably large ideas. Pic related.

Attached: 1520190824070.jpg (475x750, 191K)

>I'm just curious as to how a race like The Kree or The Nova Corp interacts with Asgard, if at all

Likely with reverence and a little bit of fear. seeing as the Asgardians, like mentioned, have dominion over the foundations of the universe.

Versaille and the U.N.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-03-02-24-06.png (854x480, 174K)

>Expecting any worldbuilding in MCU

XD Turn your brain off!

>Moreover, what gives Asgardians the right to lord over these places?
Odin and Hela kicked the living shit out of everyone and declared themselves the boss.

More like show shome respect or at least deference.

asgard prequel when

everything we know about the times before thor is metal as hell

I always sort of assumed that Yggdrasil was just a collection of wormholes that connected fairly isolated planets/floating-tabletops to each other and more importantly, Earth.

Not like they are physically close, but it's just faster to travel through them than going the real route across space.

Midgard is probably the closest to most other things in the universe which is why they were kept in the dark to the existence of the other ones, for safety, but they could still go Asgard -> Earth (or surrounding space) -> Cosmic Marvel (Xandar, Knowhere, etc.).

Only because that's the only thing that would make sense, not because they explain or even imply it.

Okay that makes a bit of sense. I guess places like Jotunheim or Vanaheim are just first stops in different sectors of the universe. Which I'm still not sure how big exactly the Asgardian empire actually is. I guess they just control the 9 dimensional gates then

>asgard prequel when
Never. The MCU couldn't handle honest, un-ironic wartime adventures in space.

As Civil War showed, a sparring session at an empty airport is the MCU's idea of a war. Do you want something like that except with a cheap, CGI'ed space background added?

I have no idea but they're obviously all in the same dimension somehow.
I don't understand the MCU Galaxy at all actually. When Ego says he lives "out past the edge of what's known" does he mean the universe or the galaxy?
Do the Nine Realms all exist within the Milky Way?
Who fucking knows.

Odin becomimg a pussy was a mistake.

user the original Civil War was hardly a fucking war to begin with.

I figure that each realm is a different planet in a different galaxy

My theory is that those specific planets are the main exits on the cosmic freeway that is Yggdrasil.
The Bifrost is the Asgardian's main method of travel between realms.
But the realms have a special connection to each other through Yggdrasil so there are hidden portals between each of the 9 realms if you know where to look for them (Loki knew how to get from Asgard to Svartalheim and Jotunheim without alerting Heimdall after all), and that's why Asgardians are interested in those 9 planets specifically. Because they've been connected to each other since the universe was created.

You know the funny thing is that there's technically 8 realms now

>Do the Nine Realms all exist within the Milky Way?

I'd say it's safe to assume no. The end sequence in Thor just before the proper credit roll shows that Yggdrasil IS the entire universe.

Ego's probably been floating around in the same spot for a few millions of years and it was pretty much confirmed that he didn't know dick about anything but himself until he started sending out vessels of himself out. When he said 'past the edge of what's known' he was probably talking about what anyone else in the galaxy knows. Because he sure as hell doesn't know any more than they do.

Attached: Yggdrasil_end_credits.png (1096x488, 563K)

>You know the funny thing is that there's technically 8 realms now
Hey this bothers me too. They kept calling Asgard a planet when it very obviously was a flat magic floating disc in space. Is Asgard that disc or the whole area around it?

What's even funnier? Odin refers to Asgard in the first Thor movie as "The Realm Eternal". Welp, so much for that shit. And yes I assume Asgard just refers to their dumb flat planet

It's hardly a war to begin with when it's just 5 vs 5.

The Winter Soldier was more of a war with the two factions within SHIELD turning on eachother

Do you think Batman v Superman is an actual court case too?

Let this disrespectful thread rest, me. Why are you even posting here trying to look like a suck up.
Imagining a third of the population of the planet as Asian has been getting increasingly difficult.