After the Inhumans push, the attempt to make Carol Danvers "the Wonder Woman of Marvel" is their greatest disaster

After the Inhumans push, the attempt to make Carol Danvers "the Wonder Woman of Marvel" is their greatest disaster.

Attached: ms_marvel_by_krthompsonart-d8l0v2z.jpg (713x1120, 167K)

Eh, I dunno pal. Either of those things are just two of the many smaller fuck ups they've made over the last 15 years of hell.

Turning her into the wonder woman of marvel was their goal? In that case, the butch approach was a bold move, cotton

She was more fun as a busty blonde alien murdering sexpot.

Attached: 1515128681798.jpg (1988x3056, 1.61M)

If Marvel wanted a Wonder Woman analogue, then why is de-feminizing Carol part of their master plan?

Attached: 1497657921656.jpg (476x720, 130K)

They just need to make her lesbian.

Attached: ms_marvel_x_spider_woman_by_nia90.jpg (600x913, 196K)

I guess they're going with the nutty manhating 3rd wave feminist as a framework. Poor carol :(

There's a reason fewer and fewer women are willing to self-identify as a feminist every year.

Inb4 the “When’s Carol” fan boys appear.

However, their push to make her Marvel's Superman is a surprising success.

Out. OUT! Go back to your home!

Attached: Carol Danvers - Remember her as she was.jpg (1000x548, 201K)

How exactly have they fucked more than either of those?

Is it? I mean sure she isn't at Wonder Woman's level yet. But Wonder Woman is overhyped as important in comics all the time and has a similar if not as bad lack of focus in her storytelling. Writers don't really seem to know what to do with her. Is she all about that Greek mythology or is she a superhero with zany rogues outside that. Is she a blood thirsty Amazon or a peaceful ambassador? Steve or no Steve? Etc.

And the Trinity stuff is rubbish. Flash is honestly more popular then her, and it only works then if you add qualifiers like original, non legacy, etc to it.

And that all changed. Because she got a movie. What stuck in popular culture is a funny accented, skinny Jew who is now the most popular DCEU superhero and totally in the Trinity now.

Carol in comics is just going to keep spinning her wheels then copy whatever the movie does. The movie will make her instantly A list, like it did for all the MCU heroes, bar maybe Antman. It will like,y be a Black Panther level event, except maybe marginally less profitable. I guess 900 million range.

If they had just left Carol and Jessica as they were and put them in a book together with a good writer then they could have easily established them as the Wonder Women of Marvel.

As is they managed to kill two birds with one stone, both of them are pretty much nigh radioactive for a story about them as they used to be and Carol's had her name taken by a superior replacement.

>their greatest disaster.
they movie will fix that and everybody will love Carol again

Attached: larson03.jpg (640x960, 149K)

Except one of the writers already confirmed that they don't understand Carol at all and it's priming to be a shitshow

LOL you're acting like WW was not less popular than Storm, Jean etc before the SJWs forced her mediocre movie into everyone's face

>they movie will fix that and everybody will love Carol again

Movies don't affect comic sales.

RDJ is super fucking popular especially with the normies and the Iron Man comics still don't sell.

There's no point to synergy whatsoever.

What are the other contenders for greatest disaster. The mangaverse? Marvel 2.0? Marville?

Why did they have to make her so ugly?

You forgot Heroes Reborn.

Because being attractive is offensive.

Fuck, dude, that isn't even in the top five greatest marvel bungles.

One more day is high on my list.

We'll never see the real Carol again, will we?

Because Tony in the movies is a lot more likeable and better characterization than be has been in the comics for almost a damn decade. Writers keep trying to turn him into a villain in the comics.

Ironically, both of this initiatives failed because of lack of Kamala Khan, the REAL female hero of Marvel, and also the only good Inhuman.

Maybe in another 10-15 years when trends change and Marvel finally gives up on trying to make Carol happen.

Maybe then she'll get another Brian Reed who will actually make her relevant.

Attached: cm_by_nefar007-d9r4ag9.jpg (1543x2000, 1.15M)

>15 years

More like 25 years.

I guess most people would say Trouble though I had some great fun with that book, of the "It's so bad it's great" kiind.

Why does everyone here cite OMD as the problem when the real problem was Civil War? Spidey was fubar the moment he took off the mask.

tfw you like both versions of carol but marvels complete incompetent mishandling of the character makes it hard to give a shit anymore

>Except one of the writers already confirmed that they don't understand Carol at all and it's priming to be a shitshow
What the fuck is there to understand? Carol has never had a personality, no matter what angle they went with her. All she's ever been is fap fodder.

>Movies don't affect comic sales.
This. Gotg didn't sell well and got worse after Bendis left. The ant-man book that came out during the movie was one of the lowest selling titles at the time.

Yeah, I would assume 'bankruptcy' and 'selling off all your movie rights' and 'letting your company be led by marketing deparment' and 'dividing your company into competing divisions because that's a good idea for some reason' all counts as fuckups, and all of these happened in the 90s.

OMD.

Similarly, DC tried the synergy shit... ONCE. During a terrible run of Green Arrow, they tried to make it more like the TV series
It didn't work, and they've never tried this shit since.
>to be fair, sales were at a cancellation level for them to EVEN TRY this stunt- ironically they were much worse than GA's pre-new 52 sales, that's why they eventually made him go back to a bearded Robin Hood SJW paired with Black Canary. Sur-fucking-prise, Green Arrow sells semi-decently again. TLDR: Synergy sucks.

See, that's what so WEIRD about this whole shebang. Wondy is super feminine, she loves guys (thought admittedly girls too), she kills people. And the female audience LOVES IT - because that's like some fucking badass wish fulfillment (like all superheroes are).

Old Carol is MUCH CLOSER to Wonder Woman in behaviour and style than the NuCarol. I mean - who in their right mind would WANT TO BE the new Carol?

they already added CGI to remove her ass?

Carol has none of Wonder Woman’s grace or intelligence. She’s a fucking thot and will never be anything more than a forgettable C-lister.

The inhumans push lasted barely four years, Marvel's been pushing Carol since 2006, they made her captain marvel in 2012 to try to boost her profile and didn't work bit they're still pushing her.

Firstly, WW is and always has been part of the Trinity.
Secondly, you say Jew like it's a bad thing, which, considering what forum I'm on, doesn't surprise me, but it disgusts me nonetheless. And while you do make some good points, the argument itself is weakend by comments like that.

WW has been in pop culture since b4 Gadot portrayed her on film. Linda Carter's portrayal is remembered by a lot of people who don't even read comics. She's been used as a symbol of feminism(actual feminism, not this third wave crap from recent years) multiple times. She is a very important character and has had significant impacts culturally since her introduction. It isn't the stories that WW is in that make her important(cuz let's face it, writers are super inconsistent with every character and wondy is no different if not worse off in that regard), it's what she stands for. She is an empowering character for women that doesn't shy away from the fact the she IS a woman. And that's where Carol fails honestly. I truly hope that the film we get helps with this and allows her to also become an empowering symbol of equality instead of the jumbled mess of masculinity in women and dominance that she's become.

What's strange is that Sup Forums pretends that her Ms Marvel solo in the 00s was good.

Like okay I get it, you hate her Captain Marvel solos but that doesn't mean her Ms Marvel solos were any better.
Just say you jerk off to the black outfit and leave it at that.

Can we find some way to get X-fags to hate Carol like they hate Inhumans? It wouldn't achieve anything, but it would be funny to watch.

>And the Trinity stuff is rubbish. Flash is honestly more popular then her, and it only works then if you add qualifiers like original, non legacy, etc to it.

The DC Trinity is a modern invention. At least into the 1970s, DC were more likely to push Superman, Batman, and Robin as their 3 best-known heroes.

Honestly I wish they hadn't totally ruined Gamora for their fucking movie synergy. I never cared about Carol but Giffen/DnA Gamora was fucking amazing, and now she's a nothing character.

>Why does everyone here cite OMD as the problem when the real problem was Civil War? Spidey was fubar the moment he took off the mask.

user, they only unmasked him because they knew they were doing OMD a year later. They knew how and when they were reversing it.

>After
Carol has been pushed for over ten years and a lot harder than the Inhumans were. She was outsold by Soule's inhumans as well.

Fuck you, Reed's run was miles above all of the last few Captain Marvel runs put together. It wasn't a great book but it was a good book.

Never going to happen, Carol is an honorary x-character since Claremont decided too shove her into the book during his run.

She's less than nothing, she might as well not have any lines and just stand in the background for as much as she brings to the book.

>Secondly, you say Jew like it's a bad thing
Well most of times it has proven that is true.
In this case, Gadot is a pro zionism