Has Marvel made any new popular mutant since X-23's debut in 2003?

Has Marvel made any new popular mutant since X-23's debut in 2003?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1933x967, 491K)

They've made a few I like but they're pretty determined to not give them a chance to catch on. Every few years, a new writer bumps off the old new generation to make their own.

Attached: 1361080987959.jpg (700x643, 404K)

They figured out the best way to make new teen characters last was to just time displace teen Jean Grey

I mean even the Bendis originals have already all but vanished

X-23 is from cartoon though, who was the last new mutant to truly catch on from comics?

I don't even see why X23 is so popular beyond the fact that she's the only one they want to give any page time too. Even the New X-men became Laura and Pals

Bishop

>I don't even see why X23 is so popular
Really?

Yeah I get the WOLVERINE thing but we've had other wolverines. And she's such a boring do nothing character in almost every appearance

Yeah no new characters after the early 90's ever got anywhere. It's not like people give a fuck about Armor

Even though she debuted in the 70s, Emma Frost. She is the most important addition to the team since Gambit.

>It's not like people give a fuck about Armor

I like Armor.

Attached: armor_redesign_by_aznnerd-d67l4xk.png (1024x1024, 666K)

We never had a girl Wolverine though. She has all the stuff that makes Logan cool and fanboys can also fapped to her.

I like Hope Summers.Does anyone else like her

I heard a rumour that Marvel didn't wanna make X-men too popular after losing movie rights

You and like three other people.

Where is Hope these days? They made an awful lot of fuss over her.

Not wanting to sound like a hipster douche but that seems to be a running trend with characters I like

Attached: armor vs fang.jpg (1041x1600, 599K)

Marvel "lost" (actually sold) the movie rights wayback in the 90s. That didn't stop them for promoting the shit out of x-men movies, comics and tv shows.
It wasn't until Disney bought the company that they started to prioritize the franchises they still own (avengers and stuff)

It's a problem with having fans-turned-pro as writers. They want to write for characters they grew up reading and introduce their new characters, it seems rare to have a writer really take a shine to a more modern character like Remender did with Fantomax or Aaron did with Quire.

I believe she was last seen in a coma. Such is the fate of being a living mcguffin created for a crossover.

Yeah, it's taking decades for the New Mutants or the Gen X kids to final start popping back up in things. Hopefully the Academy X gen get their due

She guest-starred in the Jean Grey solo comic to talk about the phoenix. I think they made a joke about looking identical to each other.

Yeah Hickman being a big New Mutants fan got Cannonball and Sunspot in the Avengers, apparently he wanted Cypher and Warlock too.

I bet Jubilee being big in X-Men had as much to do with the 90's cartoon as it did Gen X.

Anime Hisako a cute

Attached: X-Men (Marvel ANIME) - Episode 06 - Conflict...Contested (720p).mp4_snapshot_03.28_[2017.07.19_00.22 (1280x720, 87K)

She's going to be in the Cable book again

Do you mean a newly created mutant?

Or do you mean "has a mutant become popular since 2003"?

Because some older more obscure characters have managed to get some decent exposure that's bumped them up to at least B-list.
Magik was dead for decades and now she's up there with really classic X-men.
Blink has had Exiles and a movie and now a show.
Emma was created in the 80s but wasn't really a huge part of the franchise. And yet because of Morrison and Whedon and basically every other writer since she's become an iconic X-man.

Marvel experienced a resurgence from early 90s that has increased exponentially to the present day. The issues that x-men faced however do not sit well with the late 20s early 30s crowd. Being attacked for being different. Tolerance. There's no safe harbor anywhere. Its madness on all sides. Avengers and Justice League and Deadpool don't try and convince you that you can find a home someday among peers.

People do not even know what peers means, I've been asking a lot of people this and no one knows what its like to not be at eachothers throats 24/7.

Marvel, as in the comics not the movies, gained a big boost of popularity in the early 90's, but past that haven't been relevant. This is why no new character since then has really taken off with the mainstream, outside of ones that were in movies or cartoons. The movies are heavily rooted in comics from the 60's and 70's.

Kids aren't reading the comics, nostalgia obsessed adults are, so characters aren't getting shitloads of trading cards and toys and so on to appeal to the kids who like new characters.

Bump

Armour is awesome, pic not related

Attached: armour.jpg (497x750, 56K)

Quentin Quire, maybe?

I like her but giving Cable another kid was a mistake.

>pic not related

Yes that cosplayed ginger clearly has nothing to do with anything.

Attached: Fantomex-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-h1.jpg (725x902, 88K)

I just threw up

Stepford Cuckoos

Attached: cuckoos3.webm (1920x1080, 2.63M)

>Ctrl + F Legion
>no results
Sigh.

Legion is old as fuck

I liked Hope and her team, but RIP, the Bendis era killed that.

Armor and Fantomex, kind of

Legion is from the 80s wtf

Fantomex is older than X-23

but she was the star of x-men anime

>emotionally damaged
>self-harmer
>submissive
>possibly masochist
>is an experienced prostitute
>has daddy and mommy issues
>likes dressing provactively
>has a cute pair of tits
>has an ass second to the king of comic asses, Spider-man
How do you not see it?

>Why is Sexy Chick Wolverine popular

Its honestly a mystery why Marvel never though of it before.

Kid Apocalypse

Attached: IMG_4590.jpg (356x413, 45K)

This, she is waifu jailbait.

How many "New Generation of Heroes" do Marvel and DC have at this point?

By generation or by sheer number?

Generation-wise, we're about 5 or 6 since Spider-Man's debut at Marvel.

Same for DC (you track that by total number of Robins).

Hisako: Rogan Sempai!!! I wish to be your ana hole, Gomen(bows)!

Spider-Man's ass ain't shit compared to Black Panter.

Hahaha! Black dudes don't inherit da bodacious ass of their female sistas

>It's not like people give a fuck about Armor

She had a unique power at least.

Not really. They just coast on those mutants directly connected to the "holy trinity" of Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine, reducing all others to background filler and expendable redshirts during culling events.

That's a funny way to spell Dick.

This obviously

>forgetting black panther's ex wife

>Has Marvel made any new popular mutant since X-23's debut in 2003?

Good Boy from the last Great Lakes Avengers run

He hasn't "caught on", Jason Aaron just keeps pulling him in everything and hoping he'll catch on. It hasn't been much more successful, but Fantomex at least has a number of writers who've tried to push him. With Quentin, it's just one guy, all the time.

You're aware that X-23 is popular largely because she's been published continuously and often in high profile positions and books for 15 years right? Can you think of a time since her introduction where she hasn't had a solo or been a high profile member of a prominent team? The fact she's nothing but waifubait doesn't hurt either but the continuous, nonstop publishing and promoting doesn't hurt.

Compare that to the New X-Men era kids who are largely lucky if they get non-speaking background cameos once or twice a year or the Generation Hope kids who basically no longer exist.

Who hasn't done anything of note since, beyond regurgitate the same old "For the dream" drivel that all X-Men are indoctrinated to mindlessly fight for.

I doubt it has much to do with the cartoons because Jubilee was generally considered a lame character for a long time. It likely has more to do with the fact she's non-white and more importantly the current climate loves sass and it's hard to find a sassier girl than her so Jubilee gets to be the embodiment of the Sassy Millennial Girl with a bit of Cool Older Sister thrown in. Jubilee as she's written nowadays is a far cry from the Jubilee of the Jim Lee X-Men or Generation X.

No fuck that. She has an old power set with a somewhat original twist

So pissed no one posted him yet. This is the only correct answer

Attached: Rockslide.jpg (1200x1510, 256K)

Quiet, user, you're hurting the narrative that every single one of the All-New All Different team is a great character, much better than all of the O5, better than anyone from the 1980s or 1990s, and none of them are boring or stagnant.

He's basically a forced meme. Fans don't like him (and never did) but writers love him and keep forcing him into books when people don't want to read him.

There wasn't enough hentai of that series

Honey badger is kind of popular right now

Among Sup Forums lolicons maybe. There's nothing at all interesting or even unique about her. She is literally Molly with Wolverine powers.

Who's his mum?

We are not judging the character's value here, OP only asked for popularity, and she certainly is popular.

Storm's been around since at least the 80s.