All in all, would you consider the DC Rebirth a success?

All in all, would you consider the DC Rebirth a success?

Attached: 366074._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1073x1650, 273K)

yes

yes

More like bring DC back to where it was before new 52 almost broke them

If you want to make a fucking reboot then don't skip the timline in a fucking decade, almost no villain got their own debut.Also superman being a violent douchebag was retarded, we already got the Green Lanterns for it.

I want John to meet conner already

Yeah, I think so

Yes if only in sales/perception ie what matters. Still about the same quality. 2ish great books 3 or so more good, couple ok, half poop.

Which 2?

[spoilers]Detective Comics and Green Lanterns, otherwise you're a fag

Why do people continue to ask this every fucking day?

Shit taste. Tynion’s Horrible with exposition every issue and Green Lanterns is just average to above average. Deathstroke, Exit Stage Left, Batman: Creature of the Night and Doom Patrol are the only good comics DC is putting out atm.

At the start? yes
Now absolutely every book became worse.
I read more Marvel than DC now. That wasn't the case year ago

Deathstroke
New Supes

Yes.

Yes but DC is not helping the case for long-term success.
-No supporting casts
-Two concurrent events that WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING

Didn't DC slide below Marvel last month? They just had a temporary relaunch boost.

Attached: Three Flashes One Catwomen.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

Yes, if only in its ability to make people seething in a white hot rage

Yes. New 52 brought in new readers and changed up the status quo and was a mild success. Rebirth went back to basics and made some steps to advancing their characters.

Some will call Rebirth boring and DC playing it safe but they were in real trouble after Convergence.

Shitty taste

Marvel got ltierally the worst comics right now

Attached: 54229._SX360_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg (360x360, 44K)

All reboots and reboot related reactionary comics are, by definition, failure.

Comic shop readers just want the same old stuff with the illusion of change, and big important events
DC's strategy for long term success is to grow outside of comic shops. Whether it will work is up in the air but they are aggressively pursuing new markets, they just know trying to get people other than nerds into comic stores is a lost cause

Damn. Really made me think. Like how much time has to pass after a reboot for them to be judged on their own accord?

Twice monthly killed most of their good artists off.

This is a good point. The art has been abysmal, offensive. I said Deathstroke and New Supes were great above, and I mean only the writing. Besides random issues they employ barely passable artists. Nothing of interest or draftsmanship, just quick, sloppy "art."

Theycbasicslly dropped the "rebirth" name and story all together without ever finishing it. Doomsday Clock looks to be no more than an event with the Watchmen, rather than that event having to do with rebirth. And metal was completely anti-thetical to Rebirth from the very first announcement.

So while it was a success it only lasted about 12-15 months before they shit the bed. Even fuck AC 1000 and the decision they made to shill their current crop of shitty writers over ones the deserved and warranted a spot on such a book shows their continued callous disregard for anything that isn't Jim Lee/Geoff Johns-era.

Everything they've done since the first year of rebirth has been exactly the reason they needed rebirth. And they cap it all off giving Bendis Superman completely. They lost hundreds of dollars, literally hundreds, from me just on the books that effects. I can't be alone. And sure "my money is pocket change", "they care about new readers" great. But they don't want the trunks. And yet DC brings them back while, I guess, attempting to court them with Bendis? It's a fuck you to everyone they'd hope to sell to. I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for this coming year from anyone beside the creators involved or the "journalists" they grant interviews and behind the scenes office visits to.

>They lost hundreds of dollars, literally hundreds
So is marvel comics losing thousands?

No I never bought as many marvel comics as I did DC. They've only lost out on maybe a hundred or two a year and that's been for a nearly a decade.

I've actually began buying more as they put out good books here and there. Platoon was incredible and while I don't think it's great 2-in-1 has been entertaining.

There was a podcast where Didio and Lee said trades for rebirth didn't do as well as the new 52 ones
I think it was the same podcast that said one of the Superhero Girls books did 100k

If anyone knows which one I'm talking about that would be great

That's not as bad as King's Batman

Wait you actually buy into the hyperbolic screeching in the story times? Read more comics.

Jokes aside sguirrel girl is the worst comic ever published, only a ltieral retard would pay for this shit

i buy it for the thiccness

Attached: srembroo-d8ty05t.jpg (636x900, 148K)

You know how I can tell you only started reading comics in the last couple years?

POST A SINGLE COMIC with worse art from marvel or dc

Attached: 4827789-the_unbeatable_squirrel_girl_1_preview_3[1].jpg (2750x4175, 794K)

Anything by Andy Kubert, Rob Liefeld, Brett Booth, Mike Deodato, Greg Land, Salvador Larocca, or any other artist whose art makes me want to vomit

THIS
Fucking this

So many Rebirth books are so fucking ugly and when good artists ARE on a book, it's for 4-5 issues and then they disappear for a dozen more issues so they can continue drawing the next arc.
And they allowed for Ching to be on Supergirl and he was the ugliest artist out of DC's entire output. They should fire whoever suggested him and let him draw.

Oh and Booth on Titans. Does he have a favorite marvel character so he can fuck off and draw that one instead of drawing Wally?

The reboots and rebirths lead to a short sales boost and that it. CotIE didn’t lead to anything that could not have been done without a reboot.

Found it.

>Further down the book path, though not strictly talking about bookstores, DiDio notes that the New 52 collected editions sold better than the initial collected editions for Rebirth. It’s not that he thinks Rebirth is doing poorly in book form, New 52 just really sold well. Particularly out of the gate. DiDio attributed that partially to it being a “starting point on the ground floor” and noted that the refresh process is “accelerated” these days. It’s no longer 10-15 years and then you have a reset event. Now its almost like every 2-3 years.

So basically is right. Reboots and relaunches are doomed to be failures compared to the one before if they don't wait enough time.

DC is probably going to start relaunching more books like Superman and Harley for a boost and it'll just be like marvel where it does more poorly each time. They just went through 4 years in 2 years so that won't help at all.

Wait you actually can't people why it's good you just expect people to believe you? Go back to twitter.

it's also because rebirth was sold as a "back to old school" reboot, a giant middle finger to all newcomers

Fuck yourself. They aren't even comparable. All of the artists mentioned actually have turned in nice looking pieces.

And be careful before you say "Lol Liefeld" because you just attempted to pull the "wanna know how I know you don't read comics" card.

Liefeld is better but its not as bad as many DC fill in artists. Yeah those faces are butt ugly, but it has a cohesive aesthetic at least. So that SG artist is better than Land for sure. Booth is ugly too but again, he has a style.

>couldn't post a single comic page with worse art
So you admit defeat

>but it has a cohesive aesthetic at least
Not at all, if you look at this page the faces look different at each panel

Sguirrelgirl is simply the worst comic yet

user shit the fuck up. Brail is more readable than Erica hendersons garbage. You made a stupid statement and now refuse to go back on saying any of those people are worse than Henderson. Maybe she would get better if she traced as much as Land.

That combined with never actually finishing rebirth or bringing back anything those oldfags would want because "muh doomsday Clock and metal are just so important."

No captain marvel, jsa, or anything they put on the promo material. No trunsknfor two years while the writers pine for it until the epitome of N52 type of writing arrives with Bendis.

They had no clue what they were doing and it's because they courted people who's intro to DC was Nolan flicks, injustice and Scott Snyder.

Had they actually pandered to old fags they might have kept selling as well. Metal was a sign they had no intention of doing so.

I was a different user you spaz, weighing in on both opinions. It's not that deep.

Your point was to attempt to say Henderson was better than DC fill in artists. You weren't weighing in on an opinion because that wasn't the topic. The topic was whether there was someone worse than her at either company.

You immediately focused on one company and defended shitty art by saying it's cohesive (when it isn't, but that's a different point.) if anything you half assembly chimed in to say "nah" with zero explanation or reasoning.

nah

I kind of honestly believe that Johns is to blame -- funnily enough, it reminds me of Christopher Nolan's part in the creation of the DCEU. For being the "architect" of Rebirth, Johns was hands-off as fuck and also distracted as fuck: the result is a line of books that started with but quickly lost cohesion (besides the occasional Doomsday Clock teases). It's like all Johns did was occasionally poke his head in to the "big" books, tell them to shill for Doomsday Clock, and then say to every writer/editor: "oh btw please do NOT use my favorite characters -- shazam, jsa, etc. -- in your works. or else you're fired. :)"

In a word: regarding the main DCU, a HUGE failure. Outside the DCU (and, thus, outside Rebirth), it's mostly alright.

Agreed.

Also agreed.

>giant middle finger to all newcomers

No? If anything it helps bring them in more. The continuity wasn't entirely ditched, some of it was replaced with old continuity or merged. Remember that DCYou was the lowest point for DC in quite some time.

>not Shade
Did something happen to it? I just started reading it and it's pretty good so far.

For me the relaunch made it even better.

Wb and YA aren't rebirth. And if you can't explain why they're better than don't represent your opinion as better.

Judging by the list of titles anyone who responds to you telling you a traditional capebook is better will be met with "nah".

"Alternative" isn't automatically better.

Huh?

Why Marvel keep hiring this complete hack? She is not even good enough to have her own webcomic

He says, after Henderson is leaving marvel to do creator owned stuff

it started out strong, but its beginning to take a dip

She isn't leaving. She wasn't re-signed. There's a difference.

You can't say I quit when you weren't rehired.

That's more of an issue of you not liking the goofy art-style of it then it being technically bad.

I'm the opposite; I read way more DC currently than Marvel, but I wasn't reading any New 52 DC stuff so yeah

I think it's smart to keep the core comics to " meat and potatoes" titles that sell well to long time fans in comic shops, and have all the different imprints for different target audiences.

So, uh, was it explained how she was able to do this at all beyond "Ivy sucks at using powers well"?

Yeah... I wish they were doing that too but between kings alt-u Batman and Bendis alt-u Superman it appears they want to sell non-canon stories as floppies now.

All their interesting writers and artists are running off to their new imprints and what's left are like 6 writers on 2-3 books each and switch books every now and then. That and a bunch of artists from their program that really aren't that good.

It is absolutely technically bad. You can like if you want, sure, no one can stop shit taste. But to say it shows any level of technical skill is preposterous.

Leaving to do creator owned stuff is the "I didn't get fired, I quit" of comic books.

The dialogue is beyound awful, the plot is bad, eveything on it is bad

Is inferior in every way to every other comic.

>Anything I don't like even if I haven't even read it is "alt-u" ;)

The fucking moron just want somebody to shares his point of view, and failing miserably at it everyday.

Yes

I own two of every Batman and two of every Superman going back years. Fuck you. I bet you love Tom kings Batman and yet you trade wait while reading it for free online like a fucking leech.

I'd do anything to write for the big two. But they'd never want me. And while most people here and at either company would laugh that off and say "fuck you what have you done" what have half of the people who have admittedly never opened a comic yet are writing one done? I guess I should write poems for a YA audience and I'll get my shot?

I'm well educated, well-read and I love the medium. But that's not enough. Apparently a mean twitter game is though. Which I get a built in audience is huge but it just sucks. I wish a fucking loser like me could just work in the industry he loves like it used to be rather than a bunch of people that loathe people like me.

They're not lacking voices, they just don't even consider a lot if not most of them.

Why do DCfags always try to change the subject to Marvel when someone points out how much DC is sucking?

Hey assholes, stop pulling bait and switch tactics on people just to distract from the fact that your precious Stillbirth is going down the crapper. The main Batman books are completely fucking unreadable now and Batman himself has had his character and mythos systematically demolished by the hacks currently working on him. And that's just one example. Hell, Superman has taken a second place to his bland son and Lois in his own books and Bendis is probably going to fuck him over even worse.

My African associate

It was indisputably a commercial success.

As far as writing is concerned there are ups and downs, but overall I'm picking up more DC books than I was before.

I don't know if the books are better than before, but this Morrison-esque "FUCK YOU EVERYTHING IS IN CONTINUITY" has me much more excited to pick up books.
Also Superman is the most interesting than he has been since the 80's.
Fuck this bi-weekly bullshit though.

Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Supergirl, Justice League and JLA are all pretty bad

>I read more Marvel than DC now
How? What are you reading? Chip is the only writer at Marvel I like at all right now, and I wouldn't even call him good. And Marvel's art? Beyond terrible.

Attached: 1518917310084.jpg (600x834, 185K)

>people pay 4 dollars per comic to read this shit
Human stupidity never cease to amaze me

>Why do DCfags always try to change the subject to Marvel when someone points out how much DC is sucking?
Because DC has a diverse amount of stuff to pick from which is mostly okay at worst where as Marvel is quickly approaching 100% unreadable all across the board. I like some of the new age stuff a lot and I'm excited about some of the Black Label stuff. They have some great minis, too. Enough good stuff to keep me going to the LCS once a week. I can't say that about anything Marvel is putting out or will put out in the future. Its ALL bad and I don't see it getting better.

Why don't you publish something of your own? The big two aren't going to pick you up right from your home.

Speaking of Shazam. When are we getting a Rebirth entry of Shazam? Has anything been said?

Write a politically charged, real life event story and add some sudo-intellectual commentary in there of a niche character like Moore does and you will get seen if it is readable. Hire a local artist and put them up on here.

I doubt JSA or Shazam would bring in many readers or even manage to not get cancelled with 12 issues. The main issue has been weak writing on the core books.