Why can't Christians make good cartoons or movies?

Why can't Christians make good cartoons or movies?
Why do Christian movies always have really weird and cultish morals like "don't read books because the devil put them there."

Attached: strawinsky-dvd-cover.jpg (352x500, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CmIKR458M0A
youtube.com/watch?v=50_3J6Go5Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=dtER80sOjX4
abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/undercover-called-gay-conversion-camp-46038064
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They have no money like the jews.

and that's why Veggie Tales will never ever be topped

Why do people even bother with that kind of stuff when we all know that they'll never beat Veggie Tales?

does "secret of kells" count as christian?

>or movies

>he doesn't know about the ultimate kinotographer in all of history

Attached: tarkovsky.jpg (600x800, 48K)

>the prince of Egypt
>veggie tales
>3 2 1 penguins (I am almost positive that it was Christian related)
OP btfo!

[blocks your path]

Attached: 12342314123.jpg (1920x1080, 93K)

Why can't decent Christian cartoons like Veggie-Tales and The Greatest Adventure ever be discussed on their own merits? Why do fedorafags always bring their skewed ideas about Christianity to threads like these, such as that Christian movies tell people not to read books?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>the prince of Egypt
A good movie BASED on Christianity is not the same as a movie made by Christians seeking to specifically make a Christian movie.
>veggie tales
Garbage.
>3 2 1 penguins (I am almost positive that it was Christian related)
Literally never heard of this.

>prince of egypt
>christian
>set hundreds of years before christ
do you idiots even torah?

The Prince of Egypt is one of the best animated movies of all time and Mel Gibson, the most vocal Christian in Hollywood, is one of its best working directors.

I'm no Christian, but OP is dumb.

Not really. It never even mentions that the Book of Kells is a Bible.

are u pullin my leg m8

The story of Moses is one of the most popular stories in any Christian Church. Jews tend to be more secular and shy away from depictions of a manifest god.

Remember, the Prince of Egypt is adapted from the King James Bible, not the Torah.

>It can’t be Christian if it’s Jewish!
A common misconception. Christianity is basically the same idea as a new writer writing a comic character. Even though he isn’t Stan Lee, Stan Lee’s stuff is still part of the canon

Old Testament is still part of Christianity, regardless.

He's not. The story of Moses is set hundreds of years before Christ and comes from Jewish, not Christian scripture.

"Passover or Pesach, is an important, biblically derived Jewish holiday. Jews celebrate Passover as a commemoration of their liberation by God from slavery in ancient Egypt and their freedom as a nation under the leadership of Moses."

Are you telling me that the book of Kells was a Bible? Holy shit

Read again, you've missed the point.

Prince of Egypt isn't a Christian movie because it wasn't made by a Christian studio AND based on Christian mythos. There wasn't any intent to "teach" morals from the Bible to people who watched it, it was just a movie, it wasn't a Christian movie.
Veggie Tales is Christian because it was made by a Christian AND based on Christian mythos and is intended to teach morals from the Bible.

Attached: C39793F7-8016-40EC-848A-A465440450BF.jpg (425x297, 68K)

>The Book of Kells is an illuminated manuscript Gospel book in Latin, containing the four Gospels of the New Testament together with various prefatory texts and tables

>Moses isn’t Christian mythos
>talking tomatoes is
You are silly

>Moving the goal posts this hard.

Where are the "atheist" studios? The "Muslim" studios? Even predominantly "Jewish" studios hire non Jews. A film studio is a business not a church or ideology, stop being stupid.

>Jews tend to be more secular and shy away from depictions of a manifest god.
that's blatantly fucking wrong, though

Most Jews are secular, they don't go in for fire, brimstone and lightning. Spend time with more Jews.

you best believe i spend time with jews, [spoileri am one][/spoiler]

Spend time with less stupid Jews.

you've never heard of orthodox judaism, have you?

>Equating DreamWorks making a movie based on Christian mythos to two cucks with shitty 3D software making Christian indoctrination tapes for children
lmao

no one ever discusses anything for it's merits

Im not even religious but veggietales did it well with by being too preachy and still being funny.

Attached: 973F10BB-5F1A-4C27-9A01-A66623984A79.jpg (750x831, 88K)

The entire Old Testament is based on Jewish scripture. Doesn't make it not part of Christian canon.

Orthodox Judaism is a fringe minority of radicals and fanatics. They don't make good movies or animations either. Orthodox Jews do not represent Judaism as a whole.

Remember, the posts said "Jews TEND to be more secular" and "MOST Jews are secular". Every culture has its lunatics, Jews are lucky that its Lunatics are an isolated minority.

>two cucks with shitty 3D software making Christian indoctrination tapes for children
I mean, if that's what you think this was, okay...

youtube.com/watch?v=CmIKR458M0A

conservatives can't make art

nobody tell this guy about israel

Criticizing something being bad like strawinsky doesnt make you a fucking fedora you asshole. Maybe youd be treated better if you didnt call any critic a fedora, thats why so many people hate you Sup Forumsfags when almost no one minds actually talking about chritsianity or veggietales without your shit flinging.

Attached: ECCD4A16-4F9A-43C5-B7C3-A28DA05EFB07.jpg (1440x1080, 142K)

Israel is not majority orthodox, you moron.

Mel Gibson's filmography would like to have a word with you.

>Orthodox Judaism is a fringe minority of radicals and fanatics
27% of israeli jews, 50% of british jews

>50% of british jews

This is a lie.

>That's not Christian, it's Jewish

An overwhelmingly significant amount of Jewish mythology originates or can be identified from older Levant stories from before the bronze age Canaanite groups formed Judaism.

Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Walt Disney, Leni Riefenstahl.

Jewish people say only the golden age counts.
Christians accept the golden age comics as canon, but prefer the stuff that came later.
Muslims completely retconned out the silver age. The main character from then was around, he just wasn't the main character any more.
Mormons liked the silver age so much they started writing mary-sue-tier fanfiction about it.

They have money, it just goes toward their mansions and private jets.

also this vid sums up why christian finaced media sucks ass. its because they don't care about the medium and just want to make a sermon.

There's no need to explain history to someone so dumb that they don't know a story can be both Christian and Jewish at the same time. They will ignore anything that makes sense.

Okay, one, no one's heard of that film, so randomly bringing it up as an excuse to say that Christians can't make good movies just makes it seem like you have some axe to grind.

Two, is Strawinsky where you got this from?

>Why do Christian movies always have really weird and cultish morals like "don't read books because the devil put them there."

From what little information I could find on the plot of the movie, that's not the moral. But if you can give me an example of something that actually does have a weird, cultish moral, great.

shit forgot the link

>youtube.com/watch?v=50_3J6Go5Ng

Attached: heresy.jpg (720x540, 219K)

Sane Christians understand that none of the "morals" unique to their religion like "bray to jeebus :D", "god will kill u if ur gay", "dont do anything fun literally ever", etc. are retarded, and most of the actual morals the Bible teaches are universal

So the only ones who make movies that are just about "Christian values" are insane and retarded cultists

A movie about being kind to everyone, doing unto others etc, being a good Samaritan, honoring thy neighbor, has no reason to be explicitly Christian. You instantly cut your audience by a massive amount if you take your movie about good morals and put Jesus in there, and I bet you anything Jesus would prefer people to spread his morals and message instead of just telling everyone how cool you think Jesus himself is.

youtube.com/watch?v=dtER80sOjX4

That might not be the main moral, but it is a moral. The Globglogabgalab is a fat creature who spends its time gobbling books instead of being Christian. Gobbling books leaves him fat and unchristianlike, there's only one book that you should need.

Attached: glob.jpg (800x450, 43K)

What the hell is this demonic creature supposed to be?

Attached: stravinsky and the mysterious house.jpg (1000x563, 376K)

I didnt make the thread for one, and two this movie has had an upsurge of interest in it lately for how bizarre it is. And 3 the basic moral of the story is that books and other distractions from religion are evil, a thing even most christians would find outrageous. This isnt an attack on christianity, but more of how the extremists make really weird movies half the time.

Attached: AE849499-A9DD-4500-AB6E-42DC33D869FB.jpg (750x922, 99K)

>Sane Christians understand that none of the "morals" unique to their religion like "bray to jeebus :D", "god will kill u if ur gay", "dont do anything fun literally ever", etc. are retarded,
Posts like this are why the fedora atheist stereotype exists. You're dealing in extremes such as 'sane' and 'insane, calling people make movies about traditional Christian values "insane and retarded cultists", and regurgitating tired strawman Christianity tropes. It should go without saying that none of it is true about actual practicing Christians, which you yourself could attest to if you weren't so childishly hellbent on rebelling against whoever tried to make you go to church as a kid.

I live in the South, I see that shit every single day

>such as that Christian movies tell people not to read books?
Strawisnky literally tells kids not to read books because they're bad for you and that the devil put them there so you will abandon god.

Maybe you should stop basing your opinions of global cultures on a weird little cartoon that nobody watches.

Okay, that is really weird.

/thread

>t. guy who hates all Muslims because of a few that ran them into one of his buildings nearly 2 decades ago nevr 4get :`(

If you think thats all their problems or thebonly reason islam is hated then you are an idiot.

>calling people make movies about traditional Christian values "insane and retarded cultists", and regurgitating tired strawman Christianity tropes.

You say that when God's not real and Saving christmas is a good example of retard christian values.

Every part of this is wrong. Just stop.

I live in the South too, and have been to churches all around my area (Southern Louisiana). And I agree that people who say "bray to jeebus" are retarded, but only in theory because no one fucking talks like that here. Moreover, praying to a deity (like Jesus) does not make you retarded and no one believes or teaches that God will kill you if you're gay or that having fun is a sin.

Attached: 1511143708598.jpg (655x902, 138K)

Can you try that again in English?

> no one believes or teaches that God will kill you if you're gay or that having fun is a sin.

I've had cousins whose only media they were allowed to watch was bibleman and scooby doo. I had a friend in grade school who couldn't read harry potter because of his parents. I know a 26 year old guy who told me watching star wars was religious. I live in Texas and these people certainly do exist.

The movies "God's not Real" and Kirk Cameron's smash "saving christmas" are examples of christian movies that teach retarded christian value.

>I've had cousins whose only media they were allowed to watch was bibleman and scooby doo.
And until the age of 13 I wasn't allowed to watch semi-violent cartoons like TMNT and Transformers. What's your point?

>I had a friend in grade school who couldn't read harry potter because of his parents
And I'm sure it scarred him for life.

>I know a 26 year old guy who told me watching star wars was religious.
That's weird, but to be fair, there are some Buddhist themes in the OT.

>live in Texas and these people certainly do exist.
None of the anecdotes you just shared relate to not doing "anything fun literally ever" or being killed because you're gay.

Are you trying to tell me christians do not believe G-d is going to punish homosexuals horribly?

Attached: Westboro.jpg (570x297, 74K)

Do you mean "God's Not Dead"? I've never seen Saving Christmas, but after reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia, I'm not what "retarded Christian values" you think it or the other film teaches.

Because the onus is near always on messages rather than making an entertaining/aesthetically pleasing product.

>I've had cousins whose only media they were allowed to watch was bibleman and scooby doo.
>And until the age of 13 I wasn't allowed to watch semi-violent cartoons like TMNT and Transformers. What's your point?

They grew up in a church that taught them that nearly every popular media content was ungodly. Spongebob was allowed because Spongebob and patrick were homosexuals. Pokemon are demons. DBZ is the devil. Yu-gi-oh wasn't allowed because of the god cards and also demons. My aunt and uncles burnt a spider-man 2 game disc because the next night one of my cousins had a nightmare.

>I know a 26 year old guy who told me watching star wars was religious.
That's weird, but to be fair, there are some Buddhist themes in the OT.

I mean to say it was sacreligous.

Not allow them into heaven for engaging in same-sex intercourse? Maybe. Kill them? No.

Also, did you really just try to use an image of Westboro Baptist Church picketers to make your point?

>ywn be the yeast of thoughts and minds

Attached: 1519668754751.gif (273x322, 1.14M)

Remember, you are arguing with a 13 year old fedora tipper.

Different user but lived in a very extremely religious Abilene Tx growing up. A friend of mine was literally sent to "Fag Camp" for being gay. Yes, it was as bad as everything you've heard.

It's true that no one thinks "having fun" is a sin, but lots of Christians believe doing stuff "of the world" is a sin. Playing video games is a sin. Watching non-christian movies or tv shows is a sin. Reading non-christian books is a sin. Basically the only thing you're allowed to do is watch Veggie-tales and read the bible. Oh, and sing hymns, but no dancing!

Seriously, in 4th grade I used to smuggle books to a girl in my church that she wasn't allowed to read. Do you know which books they were? Boxcar Children, that's one of the least offensive book that I can think of, and she wasn't allowed to read them!

And I knew a bunch of kids who weren't allowed to read harry Potter, or watch Pokemon, or basically experience anything fun, popular and topical because it was "of the devil".

Attached: Boxcar Children.jpg (686x1000, 123K)

I can't say I relate to any of this. My church joined the anti-Pokemon hysteria phase (really, just the pastor bringing it up once), but my parents still took me to see the movies, let me buy the games and watch the show, etc., and no one batted an eye when I wore a Pikachu shirt to Wednesday night youth group. Also was a huge Spongebob and DBZ fan, and never heard anyone in my Christians circles say anything bad about either.

Yes, overly-religious parents exist, but I'm sick of seeing people online acting like its the norm. It's absolutely not. We're not all Flanders.

>Kill them? No.
Oh, so all the christians who ever told me that AIDS is a gay disease and a punishment from G-d to "faggots" were just kidding. Trying to "cure" gays and fight against same-sex marriage were also just a ruse.
Seriously, christians hating on gays is still a thing, I don't know how you can try and deny it.

>"every non-christian is a fedora tipper" xD
fuck, you're pathetic

>fuck, you're pathetic

I'm not the one trying to stick it to the gentiles by making threads about god-bothering animations.

>Yes, it was as bad as everything you've heard.
I haven't heard anything, and I'm doubtful such a thing exists.
>It's true that no one thinks "having fun" is a sin, but lots of Christians believe doing stuff "of the world" is a sin. Playing video games is a sin. Watching non-christian movies or tv shows is a sin. Reading non-christian books is a sin. Basically the only thing you're allowed to do is watch Veggie-tales and read the bible. Oh, and sing hymns, but no dancing!
>Seriously, in 4th grade I used to smuggle books to a girl in my church that she wasn't allowed to read. Do you know which books they were? Boxcar Children, that's one of the least offensive book that I can think of, and she wasn't allowed to read them!
Seriously, where are these people? I swear, you have to be making this shit up. I live in one of the southermost parts of the Bible, and this really just sounds like angsty strawman material, no offense. Even when I think back in the 80s and early 90s, when my parents were more legalistic with their Christianity (I can relate to things like Harry Potter or cartoons with witches being off limits, I really can), nothing of what you wrote comes close to anything I experienced growing up, even with other Christian adults such as my friends' parents.

Well, one, I don't know any Christians like that.
Two, that has nothing to do with God killing people for being gay. Even if it were true that God allowed AIDS to come into existence in order to punish homosexuals, it makes no sense to think that God is the one inflicting them when they're very clearly getting it by their own actions.

>I don't know how you can try and deny it.
No one's denying that awful people exist in the world.

>Dad grew up 7th Day Adventist
>Got the shit kicked out him daily
>Grew up hating Christianity because of what he had to go through
>Fast forward to when he had kids
>Fervent Athiest
>Grandmother on Mom's side gives us Veggie Tales secretly
>Tells us not to watch it if my dad's around
>I'm like five so whatever
>Dad finds them and is understandably pissed that my grandma tried to convert his kids in secret
>Don't see her for like five years

I mean, I just liked the funny cucumber. But looking back that was scummy as shit.

Attached: 1491965897284.png (744x544, 300K)

> I live in one of the southermost parts of the Bible
*Bible Belt

>I mean, I just liked the funny cucumber. But looking back that was scummy as shit.

You have to remember than your Grandmother genuinely believed that you wouldn't get to go to heaven unless you believed in God.

Just because she was wrong doesn't mean she was being malicious, she was just scared for her grandkids because she was taught a load of weird shit.

>this is what the thread has become

Attached: fedora.png (500x704, 165K)

>I haven't heard anything, and I'm doubtful such a thing exists.

My gay teenage friend attended one in Texas in the late 90's. He could have been lying but there's really no reason for him to lie about a crappy camp where they electrocute you for being gay (but don't worry, it's perfectly safe electrocution). You can do a google search and find articles about them, this isn't something secret but well documented.

abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/undercover-called-gay-conversion-camp-46038064

The guy is trying to make excuses for the other user's religious grandma and you call him a fedora? Fuck, christfags are really obnoxious pricks.

>Why do Christian movies always have really weird and cultish morals

Christianity is a cult with weird morals.

>Seriously, where are these people? I swear, you have to be making this shit up. I live in one of the southermost parts of the Bible, and this really just sounds like angsty strawman material, no offense.

I've already mentioned Abilene TX in the 90's, Abilene was called the "buckle" of the Bible Belt, since it had so many churches. I understand that my and my friend's religious childhood wasn't a typical childhood, but it was a common one in Abilene TX. And since people who echo my experiences pop up threads like this regularly, it does seem to be a common part of deeply religious societies.

That video broke my heart. Seriously, I feel sick thinking about what those teens went through. Places like that just... aren't supposed to exist outside of wacko cults like Westboro Baptist Church. It's just not reflective of mainstream Christianity, or even ancient Christianity (e.g. the New Testament).

Christians do have money. A lot of Christian Movies focus more on the technical aspects of filmmaking than the aesthetics. They compensate for the lack of visuals by enhancing the acting to William Shatner levels of Ham, to draw the audience's attention away from the background. What they lack on money, Christians make up for in connections.

Ever wonder why Nicolas Cage, Miley Cyrus, Kirk Cameron, or Ernie Hudson appear in these Christian movies? A lot of the pastors, especially evangelical ones, tend to have personal connections and use the Bible to persuade Hollywood Actors into appearing in their movies. The late Billy Graham has met with and guided many of the US Presidents and politicians. He stopped doing that because a lot of outsiders were getting jealous that a no named Evangelist had a deeper connection to many heads of state than some Wall Street Executive using only scripture.

>Thread devolves into Sup Forums shitflinging
Oh boy

>2,000+ year history
>has inspired countless works of art, some of the greatest the world has ever known
>"a cult with weird morals"

Attached: ok.jpg (300x296, 18K)

Every time.

I think that's anecdotal. Based on my experiences, a lot of gay people convert to Christianity because Christians are much more accepting of them than other gay people. The problem with modern society is that women want gay men so they can treat him like one of their female friends and dump all their personal problems onto him. A lot of people in Gay Culture tend to treat other gay people like a piece of property, so they can act like a man in a woman's body or feel like a woman in a man's body using artificial hormones to trigger the conditions.

Story Keepers was pretty good...and I'm a muslim!

Attached: 4abd7f4cc455dccc692e1bf48a4358b5.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Vaguely Christian
>Taught kids good morals with no "ur gon go 2 hell" bullshit
>Taught kids various mythologies from around the world
>Pretty entertaining
>Jim Cummings, Frank Welker, Kevin Michael Richardson

Attached: 3624311d2363474_0.jpg (680x1000, 123K)

Christians are pretty knowledgeable of gods from other mythologies. They're opposed to worshipping them because other gods have pretty high demands for their powers. Do you really want to sacrifice a child to gain the Moloch's favor?

Its more of an Irish culture film. I mean, it does give legitimacy to the pagan fair folk, even if in a "their time is gone" kind of way. If it was christian, Aisling would be a whore demon queen that would be raped in hell forever.