Moon Knight would never worked as a live action adaptation, or at least at this current time with Disney at the wheel...

Moon Knight would never worked as a live action adaptation, or at least at this current time with Disney at the wheel. Their Netflix programs have been on a steady decline in quality with each installment, and they wouldn't have the budget to do things like say The Mooncopter. Not to mention they would keep Marc out of costume for a good portion of it, and they'd probably go with the Lunatic story line for a season plot. Now for a movie there's the benefit of a budget and doing weird stuff with Khonshu, but there's a good chance they'd dial back Marc's violence for the sake of family oriented cinema. Moreover, there's also the clusterfuck of Marc's multiple personalities that could easily be mishandled.

But if you had to choose, which one would you prefer? Because I have a feeling sooner or later Marvel Studios is going to use Moon Knight, and try to make money on their "Batman". How would you do it?

Attached: Moon Knight.jpg (842x1280, 215K)

Just get the Legion guys to do it.

Attached: Legion of Dance.gif (540x250, 2.14M)

I still haven't watched Legion, wasn't very big on X-Men as a whole. How is it?

Well, it's very different than the X-Men.

It's unironically the best Marvel show.

Attached: legion-lennys-tunes.gif (640x355, 3.38M)

Yeah but that was a FOX project

Attached: Simpson's was Right.jpg (575x302, 41K)

What's MK's deal anyways Ive never read his books

>What's MK's deal anyways Ive never read his books
"UH UH I'M CRAZY, GOT IT? MENTAL ISSUES ARE DEEP!"

Same deal with Sentry and Legion.

>Not to mention they would keep Marc out of costume for a good portion of it
This could actually work for him if they embrace his multiple personalities / personae and work towards that and some pulpish detective-esque stories.

It's nothing like the comics.
And if you like the most psychodelic moony, you will like this show to the bones.

Basically Marc Spector is this nutjob with multiple personalities who is a servant of Khonshu, the Egyptian god of the Moon/Night Travelers/Whatever. Who Marc "is" depends on the situation and writer. He's compared a lot to Batman given that he has money, gadgets, and a ridiculous vehicle. He wears white kind of like how Wolverine wears yellow; he wants to be a target to be shot at, to be seen

Attached: Moon Knight Wallpaper.jpg (1280x1909, 653K)

It's kind of like... Let's see; a pulp hero former mercenary, that goes messing with gangsters, monsters and mystic entities, while also managing threee publuc personas that end up being multiple personalities. Also, said mercenary is on and off with all his personal relationships (his lover, his best buttler-righthand-frien and the god he worships-or-hates that may have resurrected him or maybe that was just his messed up mind too), and somtimes he's like having powers but often he doesn't. He someti e wins and some others not really, witch means that at least it canalso surprise the reader to some extent. And there is a lot of action here and there, sometimes very brutal.

he's a long-standing comic book character who started out as a werewolf by night villain. the main draws of the books are good action, good art, and pulp. Depending on the run, his deal is either trying to manage himself and his 4 other secret identities, going insane with dissociative identity disorder, going insane from the moon god who gave him his powers, punching ghosts, or some combination of these things.

Attached: ciW57rV.jpg (1988x3056, 621K)

and what exactly are these sometimes powers?

Talking to ghosts, being blessed by Khonshu which gives him good fortune, entering a dead guy's dreams, I think he's been brought back from the dead once or twice

Increased stats at night time, sometimes in the past. Often being just unbelievable stubborn and tough, to the point of looking like he doesn't feel hurt. Sometimes it looks like he can put unconsciously illusions onto others. And he usually doesn't just die.

Oh, right, the mystical sense and the luck stuff. I forgot about that.

Sounds fun

But what really matters is that he looks cool.

It is, and it's usually fun that's pretty to look at.

Where should I start?

Speaking of, do you guys prefer the old white costume with gold trim or the modern black and white costume?

Attached: MoonKnight.png (1315x1172, 1.04M)

I prefer all white but I like Mr.Knight so what do I know.

Well, the run from 2014 is usually a good place to start reading for most young people who doesn't like to read old-fashioned narrative. BUT the original run by Moench is a really really good starting point too, it you're used to that kind of writing.

honestly it's inconsistent and depends on the run, but it's usually not something too explicitly magical. like, maybe he has good fortune or feels stronger when the moon's out, or he can get involved in supernatural stuff, but he basically does stuff like a human would, not like a mutant or a wizard.

I like the black and white one, but it's not like I disliked the silvery white either. His Mr. Knight costume is cool, too.

Different guy, is Moon Knight worth reading past Lunatic? Because I read that, and the 3 volumes before that and it seemed alright

I'd say the ellis run (even tho ellis leaves after like issue 6) and the Lemire run.

You mean, from the Lemire run, right? I liked it, yes, but the second volume is a bit too dragged. The third one was a nice conclusion and has some really nice action scenes.

Mister Knight is cool too. Mixing up costumes in a live action adaption would be a good way to help illustrate his multiple personalities

Attached: Mr Knight, Moon Knight.jpg (1024x1910, 651K)

This design is great if you know how to use it. Shalvey exploited the high contrast in intersting ways. If you're not drawing dramatically then it's undersold, like this image.

I wasn't super interested in Lemire's direction but he had the benefit of Smallwood at the height of his game. And Bellaire, who's always great.

Have it based on the Lemire run, the best run of the character

Animated show? I just hope he has his shot. He deserves

What exactly is "pulp" about Moon Knight?

Dutch Schaefer becomes the Phantom (with Egypt instead of Africa) plus Dexter.

The mix of astonish and bizarre and cheap and grit and craziness, alongside the general tone and variety of elements (supernatural, preternatural, fringe science-ish stuff and hardboiled) as well as, often, a strong narrative voice (usually, but not always),

I really wish there would be a run that builds and focuses on his rouge gallery, and heavily features his gadgets and technology . Yes I understand that describes batman, but I believe there is room for different takes on that theme.

Moonie is openly based on The Shadow, a character Doug Moench was a fan of, and this shows a lot particularly in the early stories.

Attached: moon knight the weed of crime.jpg (1280x722, 216K)

The only villains I can think of for Moon Knight are Bushman, Black Specter, and Stained Glass Scarlet

This is what makes me mad, when people compare Moon Knight with Batman, when he's clearly an expy of The Shadow. That Batman does has a bit of The Shadow as well is logical, given its time.

>Their Netflix programs have been on a steady decline in quality with each installment
Why the fuck is this happening? Defenders was legitimately one of the shittiest shows I've seen in a long time. I didn't even bother with Punisher.

>I really wish there would be a run that builds and focuses on his rouge gallery, and heavily features his gadgets and technology
I've never really cared about Moon Knight's gadgets and I always thought that they were one of the reasons why people often brushed him off as a Batman clone.
But man does he need an actual Rogues Gallery. It's the biggest problem he has right now as a character.

Daredevil used to have the same problem up until The Kingpin became his arch-enemy and Ed Brubaker revamped characters like The Owl, The Matador, and Mr. Fear into actual villains of notice.

Or they could make a movie out of it. The marvel movies don't shy away from people beating the living tar out of each other. Just don't have him peel anyone's face off and it'll be fine.

>Peel anyone's face off
That's literally Bushman, one of his villains

>don't show one of the most iconic and brutal scenes in all of MK

Attached: 1515586027999.jpg (1080x1230, 246K)

>Just don't have him peel anyone's face off and it'll be fine.
This is rather ironic.

Not to discredit what you're saying but I don't see what do they have in common apart from general tropes that nearly all street-level vigilantes have

>That Batman does has a bit of The Shadow as well is logical, given its time.
I mean, to be fair, a shitload of characters ripped off The Shadow, not just those that originated in the 30s and 40s. Even modern characters like Midnighter take aspects from him.
And nowadays both Batman and Moon Knight have become vastly different characters, to the point Batman has become the general public's frame of reference for "dark detective" superheroes.

Attached: The_Shadow Ethan_Sands.jpg (1035x1600, 497K)

>And nowadays both Batman and Moon Knight have become vastly different characters, to the point Batman has become the general public's frame of reference for "dark detective" superheroes.
Which is the reason I dislike modern Batman, ironically, because I love Moon Knight and Red Hood. I think the last Batman I liked, and the most that I liked, was the TAS version. I liked Burton's Batman too, and the 80's one. I blame the 90's.

As much as i like red hood, i wish he had kept killing people, or at least kept a distance from batman.
RHatO vol1 is 10/10 tho

Considering how dissappointing the Netflix Marvel shows have turned out to be I'm not particularly looking forward to a Moon Knight series in that universe.

It's a shame the MCU is so family friendly. Khonshu would actually fit as a otherworldly being pulling the strings in that universe

Punisher was actually good though.

Isn't moon knight kind of about jewish mysticism or am i thinking of something else

Attached: zemo.jpg (1920x804, 94K)

>what do they have in common apart from general tropes that nearly all street-level vigilantes have
Apart from gadgets, rich secret identities and hidden bases of operations, there's:
>multiple secret identities besides a rich playboy
>rich playboy isn't even the real secret identity but instead a cover-up for a dark and violent past he sought to bury and yet keeps coming back
>rely on a network of agents, some of whom know at least one of their secret identities and others are "friends"
>agents include a French soldier who's close friends with the hero from way back (Cliff Marsland, Frenchie), a beautiful female agent who's a capable fighter in her own rights and has high-society connections (Margo, Marlene) and a gruff and cynical police detective (Joe Cardona, Flint)
>a streetwise cab driver is also part of the main cast
>have a reputation as a violent and murderous vigilante that varies depending on the interpretation
>mystical abilities that, depending on the interpretation, can be explained with science
>approach to the paranormal varies but mysticism is a big part of the mythos and the character's life
>villains usually take on pseudo-supernatural origins and might even act as dark mirrors to an already dark character

While Batman initially swiped aesthetic and superficial qualities and plots, Moon Knight was built on Doug Moench taking a lot of characteristics from The Shadow and transporting them into a different character.
The major difference was Moon Knight's multiple personality disorder and that his mystical background was more reliant on Egyptian mysticism.

Attached: The_Last_Illusion Shadow.jpg (600x911, 139K)

I fucking love moon knight.
> tfw no live action or animated Mr. Knight ever

I couldn't even finish it

Eh... Second half of vol. 1 was meh.
I'm not against his current stand. It's not totally out of character; he does respect Bruce enough to to maintain his promise, at this current point (it was like that before Rebirth, so we can't blame Rebirth changing this). And it's not like Jason is a murdering maniac either; what he does, he does because it's the thing to do in order to stop bad stuff that will hurt others, as much as he does because retribution or even more nowadays. He kills because the system is broken and putting them behind bars, if they even can, it's not helping any potential or former victim. He's not against reformation, as some stories have shown, and I would say ireforming is also something he wishes. Jason is often dishonest with himself, quite ironic, because he's musually bluntly honest to others.

Personally, I love rendition stories, so I guess I'm kind of biased here. But it's not like he has gotten all too soft at this point, either. The bookworm-bad boy poser badass of him got Black Mask brain dead in the first arc of this volume.

Attached: REDHOTO_20_4-768x1181.jpg (768x1181, 140K)

He's jewish, but no. As far as I can recall, the more mystical stuff comes from Egyptian and European mythology and folklore.

I need to read his current run, it looks comfy af.
And i know there's vaild reasons to have him not killing currently, but imo it was a very nice contrast to bruces methods and seperated him from the bat family. But whateva, RH is still one of my fave comics

How the hell went from redemption to rendition. I'm not even in my phone. Jesus.

Alright niggas. I literally obly read ghost rider and black panther. What moon knight runs are good? Best place to start?

Nah dude. Most, if not all, of the mysticism is Egyptian

For where to start, read the thread; we've already recommended a few runs.

As for good runs, there're not really bad ones. I mean; even that totally nonsense run by Bendis was somehow enjoyable, being all totally out of character and, as expected from the bald curse, against any sort of previous history, background and continuity.

Oh, maybe the last part of the 2014 run was actually kind of not good; it had an issue that was pretty bad, I think. I cannot remember clearly now. But then I don't recall it being actually bad either, as a whole.

Right here

Thanks brothas, im more of a dc guy so its like im under a rock for anythibg other then panther and rider.

You're in for a ride dude. MK is in a sweet spot where he isn't popular enough for marvel to ruin but isn't a complete nobody, so he always has decent writers (except bendis, may he rot in hell)

Im excited. I recently saw moon knight with the suit while following ghost rider into that dr strange las vegas thing. I thought he looked pretty cool. I have a thing for heros that kinda wear semi normal clothing. Like the red hood.

Fucking slick

Attached: MoonKnightSuit.jpg (630x819, 345K)

>But if you had to choose, which one would you prefer?

I would prefer the live-action cancer to stop spreading even further.

You're thinking of his dad, who was a rabbi.

Attached: moonknightdad.jpg (780x1160, 488K)

This list is a little outdated but it's pretty good.

Attached: moon knight recommended.jpg (1615x1526, 776K)

Appreciate it

So to anybody whos read Lemires run

What did you like/dislike about it?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 9K)