What the fuck was Superman's problem?

What the fuck was Superman's problem?

Attached: XBqMPJQ.jpg (1920x1476, 633K)

Max Landis wrote him

He just doesn't understand

Attached: 5866019-5333735212-v1OdQ.jpg (1920x1476, 659K)

At this point it's hard not to imagine Batman giddy and excited but only showing it through a smug half smile every time Joker escapes, as he speeds on in his Batmobile telling Robin or Alfred or whoever about how he knows just what Joker is planning. I got that impression too in some of the Arkham games through the voice acting when he seems just a little too happy that he's in on solving these horrific crimes.

space aids

Batman was being a cunt and actively placed the lives of Metropolitans in danger. Superman might have be an ass, but he was right in this one.

Batman couldn't care less about the citizens of Metropolis or Gotham for that matter. Batman needs Joker to define himself against, to prove to himself that there's someone madder, more twisted, more destructive, more aberrant out there; to prove to himself that the world needs a Batman. The only thing that separates Batman from Joker is choosing not to kill, other than that, they are essentially the same.

Attached: yep.png (311x471, 252K)

Way I see it, Batman needs someone like Joker to personally take care of threats to his person and his loved ones. Simon Hurt, Hush, hell even Alexander Luthor.

Attached: Batman-and-the-Joker-Kill-Alexander-Luthor.jpg (1400x700, 180K)

I hate this "Batman secretly loves the Joker" meme and I hate even more that several writers actually indulge in it. Next thing you know, we get "Superman and Luthor are secretly gay lovers".

Not even remotely comparable

You wish it were a meme

Attached: BMAU10_3.jpg (1987x3056, 789K)

Ditto. It's seriously dumb as shit.
I can take joker loving batman, sure, whatever, he's a crazy villain, i'll let him have it.

But batman is a hero. And yes, he's pretty mentally fucked up, but he still has a strong moral code, and cares about people's lives, and hates those who take them. In every joker story batman has been disgusted with what the joker has done, and hated him for it. People who write about him loving the joker and their "games" aren't doing batman as a character any justice.

Batman's a fag. Accept it.

Attached: drama queen.jpg (1743x912, 184K)

You know what's funny? He would've actually killed Riddler but never Joker.

Bullshit. Batman's tried to kill the Joker several times and someone always stops him.

And you're basing this on what exactly?
If Batman had to choose between killing Riddler or Joker, he would either abstain from choosing, or choose to kill joker.

At least with riddler he has the chance to save hostages by solving some bullshit riddles.

If you think otherwise, you're a true brainlet, and should never get involved in batman mythos ever again.

So Loeb's Hush and?

Off the top of my head, when Jason died. And Superman stopped him.

Because the only other explanation is that its literally just mandatory plot and not part of a sensible story at all.
The Joker and any mass murdering villain would have been given the death penalty ages ago if things worked logically.
But comics operate on a sort of static time with a ton of shaky boards over the plotholes like the "rehabilitation" of Arkham used an an excuse to not just give them all lethal injection.

That has nothing to do with batman though. He just refuses to be judge, jury and executioner. And that applies for literally all of his villains. Anyone who thinks that joker gets special treatment is psychotic. If anything, he is the one person who toes the line on batman just killing him.

If the gotham justice system doesn't want to kill him, fine, but don't make it into some shit like "Oh, batman loves him, that's why he's still alive."

The Joker escaping ad infinitum doesn’t reflect on Batman’s character as much as it does the elliptical nature of comic book storytelling. Batman isn’t 80 years old so it doesn’t make sense to equate his career to 80 years’ worth of the Joker escaping. I think they’ve tried to keep the Joker escaping Arkham to a minimum in recent history to avoid this conundrum, cause they’re not just going to kill off one of their most popular characters

It's not just some fringe idea a few obscure artists indulged in, Dark Knight Returns had them fighting in a tunnel of love, Arkham Asylum had Joker grabbing Batman's ass, and Killing Joke's ending was according to Alan Moore meant to be similar to the ironic toast made by the couple at the end of The Getaway.

batman is a fag that needs psychopaths to run around and kill people to actually have work to do.
remove that you only have a spoiled playboy

Yeah, but most of those are from Joker's side, which makes sense. Batman reciprocating is what's messed up.
>Killing Joke's ending
Didn't it originally end with Batman killing the Joker.

No, that was some bullshit Morrison made up and everyone ate it up. Moore has never said that was the intention, and his extremely detailed script mentions no such thing.

Snyder likes it. And it explains why Joker has plot armor. But still Joker remains a shit character.

What's that?

Good to know.
In any case, it's interesting that Killing Joke had Batman look t his relationship with the Joker and conclude that he was going to kill him if the Joker didn't get him first. Which DKR contradicts like two years earlier.

I feel like the idea of Batman killing the Joker has become cheapened over the years. Writers keep doing "Batman almost kills the Joker" and no people are bored of it and just want him to go through with it.

>"Superman and Luthor are secretly gay lovers".

I bet Luthor jack off to this idea.

Oh come on. Lex and Joker have way more chemistry than Lex and Clark and that's a fact.

Attached: DIHvmLUVYAIB8QY.jpg (965x533, 47K)

Attached: 09a0061a139f771d00697af4f8e3c120--lego-batman-tumblr-the-lego-batman-movie-funny.jpg (474x443, 48K)

They should hang out more.

Attached: finally-we-make-a-quick-visit-to-arkham-asylum-to-see-that-l_kpgu.jpg (1100x842, 125K)

Wait...could Batman be Lex?

Attached: 1502307633370.jpg (1988x3056, 1.04M)

I hope Shadow shot Batman in the face next.

>Superman and Luthor are secretly gay lovers
They share a son user

Attached: Superboy's Two Dads.jpg (1394x1924, 273K)

Batman doesn't love the Joker. He saves all his enemies. Batman is just a broken man that doesn't want anyone to be killed by someone else like his parents regardless of who it is. People give Batman shit But most hero would the same. If someone was going to commit murder heroes will save them. If you honestly think Superman would let someone murder Joker than you are a retard.

>People give Batman shit But most hero would the same
Faora, Non, Zod, Cyborg Superman, Darkseid, Doomsday, Imperiex, and Brainiac would all like a word with you.

Read it knowing that it's a prequel to Injustice.

If Hal can kill Sinestro, why can't Batman kill Joker?

>Not they
>He
>eH?
I wonder if they intended this to be funny.

Literally none of them are dead. Except maybe Imperiex.

>Hal
>killing his butt buddy

No, he simply has been written by fags lately.