FirearmFridayStats

Since the shills seem to post anti-firearm threads the most on Fridays, I've decided that we should have a FridayFirearmStats! If you've seen my graphs and charts on Sup Forums in the past, feel free to follow me on twitter.

twitter.com/realNacirema/status/799729103704178689

Other urls found in this thread:

smallarmssurvey.org/publications/by-type/yearbook.html
unodc.org/documents/gsh/pdfs/2014_GLOBAL_HOMICIDE_BOOK_web.pdf
ec.europa.eu/eurostat/product?code=crim_gen&language=en&mode=view
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10tbl20.xls
gov.uk/government/statistics/historical-crime-data
abc15.com/news/national/390-kids-drown-in-us-pools-each-year-reports-find
blackdemographics.com/population/black-state-population/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Liberal here that knows firearm legislation doesn't hurt anyone but law abiding citizens.

I'm all for guns but this chart is mis leading bc it does include pistols which account for most firearm deaths

The point is the "scary black rifles" that the press vilifies is actually less dangerous than knives, fists, or even hammers.

Well we could save 250 lives, but why even try, right?

Does anyone have a chart for gun violence vs. race?

I'm curious as to what the results will be.

No correlation between gun ownership and homicide across EU nations

Sources for all to come;
smallarmssurvey.org/publications/by-type/yearbook.html
unodc.org/documents/gsh/pdfs/2014_GLOBAL_HOMICIDE_BOOK_web.pdf
ec.europa.eu/eurostat/product?code=crim_gen&language=en&mode=view
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10tbl20.xls
gov.uk/government/statistics/historical-crime-data

Exactly, and we could ban swimming pools and save 400 children a year!

abc15.com/news/national/390-kids-drown-in-us-pools-each-year-reports-find

No correlation when looking at all nations (where data is available)

Yes sir, got you covered.

Across OECD nations.

If you want to convince normies that guns don't kill you're best not bringing race up.

This graph is pretty much correct though, I'll post my result later.

Across WBHI nations, still no correlation.

Across US states - no correlation.

In the UK before 1930, anyone aged over 14 could buy whatever gun they wanted, no restrictions, no licences, no ID, no "cooling off", no registration. This included all the rifles, revolvers, shotguns, etc of the time.
Some high schools (leaving age was 14 then) even offered shooting lessons and had rifle ranges.
There was even a point when the UK had a higher gun ownership rate than the US.
Yet our crime levels are far higher than they ever were before the gun restrictions came into effect and our first school shooting happened decades after our restrictive gun laws.

Another interesting thing to note is that Serbia has the second highest gun ownership in the world yet their homicide rate is lower than the EU average.

Everything is good except this
>follow me on twitter

Go eat some dogshit, mate.

Rifle is everybody's last choice. If someone wants you dead they will find a way without it.

> 90+% of homicides are black on black/brown handgun attacks.
> white faggots are scared of ARs and AKs
> logic

It is a huge factor though, even when you control for other variables in multiple linear regression. But I can understand not wanting to bring it up. As soon as race gets involved the "you're racist" takes over the conversation and the argument is shut down.

I've posted a number of these graphs on Sup Forums in the last year and people have always asked how can they contact me or find more of them.

On race, according to the demographics here;
blackdemographics.com/population/black-state-population/

As a disclaimer, this could just be a measure of poverty, my main interest is simply showing that there is no correlation between guns and homicide.
This is why I think it's best not to bring it up when you're trying to change minds - as soon as they hear race they'll put up the walls of cognitive dissonance and stop listening and of course a graph such as this cann't give cause etc.
The only thing that can be taken from my other graphs is that guns do NOT cause homicide via modus tolens.

Good points for sure, I concur. Always nice to chat with a fellow stats person

In response to the "muh handguns" I'd point towards this In the UK when there was no restrictions on gun ownership, there were plenty of handguns available and it wasn't uncommon for people to own them and they weren't particularly expensive.
Again, you could buy anything you wanted provided you were over 14.

If they go for the muh school shootings muh rifles, point to Serbia, second highest gun ownership rate, lower homicide rate than the EU average.

I'm not a stats person by training, the failure of gun laws is just a hobby of mine. :^)

And if you have a twatter, follow me and I'll follow you back

>I'm not a stats person by training, the failure of gun laws is just a hobby of mine. :^)
I'm a sociologist by training and became more interested in stats and data mining, so I've combined those traits to carve out a little niche at my local university. Glad to see a pro-gun UK person on here, I lived in the UK as a child. Would be nice if ya'll had those rights again.

I'm sorry, I don't use twitter.

By training I'm a (pure) mathematician. It would be nice to see the old Britain return. Although with the massive demographic replacement I'm not sure it will ever be possible..
One can still dream though.

You can always immigrate to the US! Only condition is you gotta take John Oliver back.

>You can always immigrate to the US
I might have to at this point although I'd hate to betray my country or what's left of it at least.

Niggers account for the most firearms deaths, and of course the liberal meme is never to ban pistols but scary looking rifles.

You could save almost double that banning hammers.

Won't happen. They're cuckolded beyond belief and even if they smarten up they're totally disarmed.

>no twitter

How do you get memes from /pol to the normies then?

DAS RACIS!