I understand where Star is coming from and appreciate she's going through a bit of an emotional moment but if I were...

I understand where Star is coming from and appreciate she's going through a bit of an emotional moment but if I were Queen Moon I'd be more than a little bit pissed off when she said "We're nobody".
>Hey, remember that time my Mom wasn't murdered, the enemy forces weren't at our doorstep and I didn't have to take on the responsibility of running an entire country?
No, me fucking neither.

Where do you think they're going to go with this plotline?

Attached: Star_and_Moon_'We're_Nobody'.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!i5YH0DBa!buquutnMF_pXd4I_znb9jV21Qs_8DOfevb8tFCj3ouc
amazon.com/Star-Forces-Evil-Magic-Spells/dp/136802050X
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Star shouldn't worry, a lot of Royal Families get started by someone just being in the right place at the right time. See Henry Tudor.

I hope the writers kept this in mind. Being royalty ain’t as easy as it seems.

In addition to what wrote, Star's family from her father's side aren't magical wizard monsters, but are still royalty, and thanks to her mom marrying her dad, that still makes Star royalty. She's thus still a princess.

Star is a fucking child so of course she's going to exaggerate and make a situation look worse than it is. Reality is that the Festivia Butterfly family has ruled for centuries and Moon literally saved a country on the brink of destruction, no amount of lineage faggotry will change that

Lineage notwithstanding, the Butterfly after Festivia have more than likely intermarried with other nobility for years so while Star isn't a direct Butterfly descendant, acting like her family has no significant heritage is fucking stupid but its a kids cartoon so what can you do

Everyone on Team Star has a crisis and runs off, then as everything is all fucked up Meteora rolls in with her crew and takes over. MHC probably get imprisoned too

That seems to be where its going along with Star moaning about not being a "real" queen which is kinda bullshit considering what she and her mother have done

It would be nice if someone like Buff Frog told her that

Yeah, at the end of the day 'royalty' is pretty much just a title and concept. There are plenty of monarchs, kings and emperors who got where they were by straight-up murdering their predecessor and stealing their throne out from under them. Hell, William the Conqueror is venerated as the first 'proper' king of England, and he only got his position by invading the island and killing the then-king because he totally promised to actually give William the throne in private but reneged, honest!

Perhaps there's some ancestral law in the kingdom of Mewnie that the ruler shall only be a female of the Butterfly blood line
>nary shan't a man withoutet a strong independent (note spelling) woman of ye butterfly blood who needeth nary a man sithet on ye throne of ye kingdometh of Mewnie
>every female nary of ye sacred butterfly blood shall henceforth be knowneth as a harlot and be called a terrible frenchman
>so sayeth our scriptures that we wrothet just this afternoon

This. What the fuck happened? I only watched the season 3 premiere, has it really gone diwn hill so fucking much?

Season one Star wouldn't care. If anything she'd be happy to be free from the pressures of being a proper princess.

What the fuck is this CW Freeform teen drama bullshit?

>being upset that the protagonist has grown since season 1 and has decided to act more responsible

Billy had an actual claim beyond that that was just as strong as Harrys.

Apparently the previous king, Edward the Confessor, had a habit of being indecisive on his succession to the point of promising it to whoever. At least, that's what I took away from what I've read.

You hve defended that world far more than any other person has. Yes, you are the royals wether that Eclipsa bitch agrees or not.

Being royalty means that people look up to her, and that would allow her to change people into stop being bigoted monster haters.

I bet that's how they're going to play it.
>People of Mewni, we're not actually the King and Queen.
>Yeah you are, get back on that throne.

Heck, it's not like Eclipsa even cares if Star and Moon are the rightful rulers or not. She just doesn't want to be stuck inside a crystal for a few centuries again. And she's most likely not going to try to steal the throne. She abandoned it when she went on to have her affair with a monster king after all.

Why it matters? Royal claims for the right to rule are bullshit anyway. Her been normal only proves everybody can do magic and she is more special for her accomplishments than from a blood royal lineage.

She can still claim the right of the victor, but I don't think Star is the type of person who would justify her reign by it.

Attached: 1508209182656.png (115x115, 27K)

>Has magic she can use without a wand
>Has a super saiyan butterfly form she can activate at will
>Basically created an entire realm of magic
>We're nobody!

Shit doesn't royalty basically start from some strong guy and his crew take / conquer a bunch of stuff or do something super awesome that everyone follows them?

She's "royal" enough

Star's family has been royalty long enough to make it official.

Royal bloodlines are stupid and just a justification for a fascist type of government. Star realizing she is nothing special is the best I could happen to her. Still, she should give the wand to Meteora, even if she decide to still rule Mewni.

And she gave birth to a sadistic half breed. Wonder how she would feel if someone told her that Meteora is a cunt and that the reason is because of her monster side (wether is truth or not, is irrevelant, the damage is already done).

Normally, it would be, and most likely, Star's bloodline won't really matter too much.
But in some other fantasy settings, the bloodline might actually matter and even be tied to the lands.

I wanna fill Queen Moon's adorably chubby cheeks with my genital juices as I slobber all over her lavender-scented asshole

Attached: Oh, anon....png (800x1119, 694K)

>inheritance is fascist

I take it you're going to give away your parents estate when they die right?

>the bloodline might actually matter
maybe in a symbolic manner, not in an actual genetic reason. This episode only proves commoner can actually use magic, and the cheek symbols and transformation is just thanks to magic exposure. It would be more interesting for Star to realize the type of government she represents, than her finding a royal lineage to justify her reign.

Attached: moonpie.png (1920x1080, 976K)

Why are the MILFs in this show so good?

>Season one Star wouldn't care. If anything she'd be happy to be free from the pressures of being a proper princess.
I'm sorry have you actually been watching this show or have you not realized that entire attitude was something she grew out of

So what about the cheekmarks that no one else in Mewnie seem to have?
What about the "Eclipsa-like magic prodigy" stuff Star has going on?

I agree this whole "we are nobodies" shit makes no sense whatsoever. Not to mention what gives more right for Eclipsa's family to rule than to anyone else's?

Man everybody's so caught up on this line and not the actual major point of the MHC manipulating an entire royal line for centuries

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Nothing in terms of our perspective but Meteora's probably going to make a claim by either monster force or getting the people on her side somehow (also with monster force)

>Not to mention what gives more right for Eclipsa's family to rule than to anyone else's?
Because everyone in Mewny just accepts that the Butterfly family is supposed to be in charge, so nobody tries to rise to power. You take that away and people realize just how arbitrary the monarchy is. Then the leadership system falls apart.

Eclipsa's family most likely rightfully murdered, subjugated and conquered the monster lands. Like a true warrior family.

>Not to mention what gives more right for Eclipsa's family to rule than to anyone else's?
that's the point, their right to rule as well Star's is bullshit.

It's not as much manipulating as in doing one thing that had consequences for a long while. They don't have the capacity to manipulate hedge plant into proper form.

Plus if it was the reigning king's wish to have a different heir, then what do they have to do with it other than not telling something really insignificant to them?

Oh boy... a new age of Monster hate and all because of a monster lover.

Delicious.

The episode, along with Deep Dive, proved that magic isn't inherit with a bloodline, but just with whoever holds the wand for long enough. The concept of royalty isn't as set in stone as it looks like

Plus, there's probably still some negative feelings toward the family from the whole "The Queen lied to us" thing and "Kingdom almost got destroyed by rats" thing not to mention Mewni canonically being a complete shithole

>Plus if it was the reigning king's wish to have a different heir
It was also in the MHC's interest to not have a half-monster baby have a magic wand too though. The Shastican guy just wanted nothing to do with it and the MHC didn't want that power getting in the hands of a monster. Win-win

Exactly. It was technically a decision on succession by the reigning royal line.

It was but I'm just also saying it was mainly an MHC decision to keep that lie as well to keep the royal line controllable

To be honest, it kinda looked like so far that the Royal line does whatever the fuck it pleases

>Shastican
>reigning royal line.
from what line is he anyway? the Butterfly family is the one who rules Mewni.

Glossaryck must have known.

Plus, the kingdom was founded by a bunch of peasant farmers who got magically transformed into knights to slaughter the monsters of the time. The first Butterfly queen would've been a peasant whose only claim to royal status was that Glossaryck gave her the wand.

>The first Butterfly queen would've been a peasant whose only claim to royal status was that Glossaryck gave her the wand.
Well generally that's how it works in this case.

Too many of you guys were thinking in terms of royal succession in real life terms and not in magic terms or "might makes right" terms. Heck, Ludo almost became king

>The first Butterfly queen would've been a peasant whose only claim to royal status was that Glossaryck gave her the wand
Wait, do we even know where the wand is from? Did Glossaryck made the wand, or the wand made Glossaryck?

So is this the new thread?

heck who even owns the wand, is assigned to the royal family by Glossaryck? or the first Butterfly made it?

So one thing I've always wondered about is where her Dad was while all this is going on.

Was he dead or something?

Attached: Queen Moon.png (804x720, 523K)

Probably. The "does this song make me gay thread didn't spark much discussion as much a flood of opinions on the outro song.

If you just want a general hang out place where the theme of the club is Star vs. the forces of evil, there's already another thread.
This here is a normal discussion thread specifically about a topic .

Yeah no

His point still stands - a sword is a valid claim to the throne.

I don't think Star is the type who will use that type of justification.

It's okay for mewmans to kill and conquer other mewmans. It's not mewmans killing and stealing monster lands. Now that would be bigoted and racist.

Well star vs is a kid show but if it happen that you have no legitmarcy in the real medieval you either kiss pope feet and beg him to recognize you, or prepare to get butchered by neighbours and your vassals.

Does anyone got a Mega or Google Drive link of the current episode?

mega.nz/#!i5YH0DBa!buquutnMF_pXd4I_znb9jV21Qs_8DOfevb8tFCj3ouc

Thanks.

>he only got his position by invading the island and killing the then-king
And, you know, by being the first cousin of the previous king, Edward the Confessor.

I wonder what Lekmet would have asked.

I wonder how Glossaryck would review this situation, considering his attitude towards Eclipsa and her chapter back when he was sane.

I wonder what Eclipsa thinks about Star having created the new source of magic.

Probably

In my opinion the following would have happened

>Lekmet: *translated from goat* Did you truly believe that "He" loved you? He of course being the demon

>Glossaryck would probably not give a damn now

>Maybe excited, maybe indifferent

Not through a royal ancestor, though.

Edward the Confessor's mom was William the Conqueror's great aunt., her name was Emma of Normandy.

Emma of Normandy wasn't descended from the Kings of England, only the Dukes of Normandy. Therefore William couldn't have claim the throne of England through lawful descent (or descent at all). If anything, *Edward* had a claim on Normandy.

Enjoy!

Attached: svtfoe.png (594x717, 382K)

>I wonder how Glossaryck would review this situation,

In Page Turner when he visits the MHC he mentions "your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother Eclipsa", so he was either in on the ruse or mindwiped.

Or he played along with the ruse because he felt like it.

Or Meteora had a kid at some point, and one of her descendants married into the current Butterfly family and thus Eclipsa actually is still Moon's ancestor.

Amazon's updated the description of the Book of Spells:
amazon.com/Star-Forces-Evil-Magic-Spells/dp/136802050X

"Ever wondered what's inside The Magic Book of Spells? It contains every spell you've ever seen on the show, plus the history of Mewni, as told by thirteen queens. Each chapter is full of secrets, magic, and notes from Star Butterfly!
This fun-packed, full-color jacketed hardcover version of The Magic Book of Spells will give fans of Star Vs the Forces of Evil all the inside information. . . and a chance to meet four never-seen-before queens.
Plus, the book jacket doubles as an exclusive Mewberty Wings tarot card poster!"

My question is, are these "thirteen queens" ALL of the queens to date? If so, that would mean the original Butterfly dynasty only lasted for three generations, with Eclipsa's grandmother being the original queen. While Moon is the tenth generation of the new dynasty.

>That would mean the original Butterfly dynasty only lasted for three generations?
How long did Festivia last as a queen anyway?

Star
Moon
Comet
Celena
Festivia
Eclipsa
Solaria
Solena
Skywynne

Yes, we know 9 of them.

Think we'll see them in action, even in flashbacks?

>thirteen queens
S4 will rip off Saint Seiya and have Star fight off the 12 queens to save Moon.

Her head angle and the line behind her makes it look like she's hanging herself

William is true King of England you Saxon Dog. Death to Usurpers.

Maybe we'll see Festivia in Meteora's upcoming flashbacks. The rest, probably not.

You know royality is extremely important in medieval society

Who did Shastacan married while raising Festivia again?

Not to mention, William was illegitimate. His mother was some girl that the previous Duke of Normandy fucked and never bothered to marry. So he was only even nobility because King Henry I of France didn't like William's cousin Guy and thus even putting a bastard in place as Duke of Normandy was preferable.

Who knows. Maybe nobody. He was claiming that Festivia as his daughter with Eclipsa, so it wouldn't really matter if Shastacan remarried.

Nothing in there says that the 13 queens are all the queens of Mewni. It just said that the book contained "the history of Mewni, as told by thirteen queens."

It just talks about 13 queens. Not every Queen of Mewni is worth mentioning. There have been 43 monarchs in England since William the Conqueror, and I don't think most English people bother knowing the history more than a handful of them.

Edward the Confessor publicly declared William his heir.

The best one was Edward I

there was that crazy guy who was in Hamilton, there was that guy what in the tower killed two of his nephews, the guy with six wives, the virgin queen, the one who abdicated to marry an American, the one in King's Speech, and the current one, Queen Elizabethan Secundus, yeah?

that's all I know. Oh, also there's that guy who pulls swords outta stones

True, it could just be a selection of 13 "important" queens.

I do hope we get a Butterfly family tree out of this, though.

>a Butterfly family tree
>it's very inbred

Attached: inr.jpg (732x695, 53K)

Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous. Even if Festivia is an upstart she was still crowned queen, she reigned and held the wand, and Star's bloodline has sat on the throne for over 300 fucking years, they have the butterfly form and all that.

"Nobody" is a bit of a stretch. Okay, you only have 300 years of Queens as direct ancestors instead of, idk, 500 years or however long ago the original Butterflies showed up to conquer the land. It doesn't change that much.

>So what about the cheekmarks that no one else in Mewnie seem to have?
Has anything really been said about them? They could be anything. They could be artificial to begin with, like magic tattoos.

>What about the "Eclipsa-like magic prodigy" stuff Star has going on?
Who says only a royal could be good at magic?

Because that's their ideology.

I mean most likely her actual great-grandmas have been marrying royalty from neighbouring kingdoms too for generations, it's not just her father's royal blood in her veins.

Star's being an overly dramatic brat

>Star's being an overly dramatic brat
How out of character.

Sure looks like Eclipsa's plan to manipulate 'rebel' princess Star into giving up the throne because of teen feelings is super working.

am a bit confused as to why
1: Star and her family can turn into bug people
2: Star and her family have an affinity to magic (dipping down and such)
3: Star and her family have permanent symbol cheek marks

Are they royalty or not?
isn't it a bit weird?

Attached: 1499153359386.png (840x806, 421K)

Maybe powerful magic isn't a sign of royalty, but it's become so because the 'fake royals' actually have powerful magics

What if Star Vs was Seinfeld

When were those things absolutely said to be things only royals have?

wait no, I figured it out.
Festivia commited "Incest" with a mewnie relative or something.

guess it's okay?
I mean old royalty did it all the time.

Attached: 1493844849032.png (503x1009, 235K)

Or that, yeah.