In light of Killmongers celebrated success as the MCU's best villain...

In light of Killmongers celebrated success as the MCU's best villain, do you guys think that Thanos is will have any level of depth or memorability? From the trailers it seems he will just be another super strong obstacle for the heroes to beat.

Attached: heres-why-thanos-wants-the-infinity-stones-in-infinity-war_jajm.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

He'll probably be a flat character with a very simple probably cliched justification for the shit he does, who will be lauded as the first Marvel villain that's more than a cookie cutter villain and say the shitty Marvel villain problem is over like literally every marvel flick

>YFW they go with 'sweet animal loving child, corrupted by Lady Death' Thanos

>Enough worlds. Enough corpses. Give me a number so I will know. Tell me exactly how many must die.

Woops, forgot image

Attached: well_fuck.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

I can't believe that.

They have been preparing for this ever since at least 'Avengers'. They know they can't drop the ball on this. He is their ultimate villain, they have had eighteen movies to test villains, and DC has shown time and again how NOT to do it; they won't screw this up.

>and DC has shown time and again how NOT to do it
You mean the MCU has?

>They can't drop the ball
No you misunderstand they CAN'T drop the ball, all they need to do is push out a mediocre flick with all the heroes and they'll literally make the most money any movie has ever made.
They're past the ability to fail.

Given how many people (even here on Sup Forums) praise Cate Blanchette's scene chewing, one-dimensional, and completely forgettable Hela, I don't see why Marvel wouldn't stay the course on their big bad. Killmonger was good because Coogler is a good director, not because anyone actually wants nuance from their MCU villains.

So, Zod, Lex, Doomsday, Ares, Enchantress (and her brother, whose name I can't even recall) and Steppenwolf were not failures in this department?

Unless the use the Lady Death friendzone angle, and adress the fact that he sabotages himself everytime because he knows he isn't worthy of godlike powers, he will be as deep as JL's CGI abomination was

I mean they care enough not to WANT to drop the ball.

Aside of which - if they do this RIGHT, it could be the biggest fucking thing EVER.

You know what's on the #1 spot now? Dances with fucking smurfs. You can't tell me they can't do better than that.

>Zod

Hey, leave MoS alone. It's actually kinda alright, what with being the 2nd best superman and 2nd best DCEU film currently. Zod was pretty good, they just needed to, you know, not murder him off immediately.

Zemo was pretty good in CW desu, he was just massively overshadowed by, well, the civil war

The Russo brothers' movies have been good so far, IW will at the very least be multiples better than AoU

I really wish they had deboted small sections of all the previous MCU films, to somehow tell this story

watching him arise from alien meany to god, all the while he ponders his reasons and philosophies in a cosmic "Hero's" journey would go a long way

Attached: background[1].jpg (633x537, 87K)

All of them except Zod are Malekith (or even worse) tier of bland and one dimensional, Ares COULD have been made better, but he became another grey cgi monster to kill.

lmao

Attached: NuThanos.png (1901x945, 823K)

...Agreed.

Red herring?

so he's like Zod

They've repeatedly said that Thanos is basically the main character

People liked Ego and Vulture too

>He wants to gather all of the Infinity Stones and use the Infinity Gauntlet to eliminate half of all life in the universe to give the other half a chance to flourish.
Does he really think the fucking universe doesn't have enough space?

>They care enough
I'm not so sure given the quality of some recent films
>it could be the best thing ever
It'd be "the best thing ever" specifically the same reason that Dances with Smurves is the best thing right now and the reason why Avengers 1 is ranked so high in box office.

I was under the impression that most people thought Zod was one of the few liked things about MoS

He wants to fuck a skeleton, and anything less will be a complete an utter waste of time

Attached: 116133..gif (400x300, 365K)

Delaying enthropy isn't unrealistic in a universe filled with sentient races shitting all over it, like the MCU

he's a warlord who pillaged countless worlds to please Death. he's not tragic he's just a villain.

Attached: 1519530367886.png (530x298, 247K)

They'll do him justice for sure. The phase 3 villains so far have been pretty good, especially Vulture, Ego and Killmonger.

This, nihilism is what drives Thanos, not tragedy

>I WILL FIND HIM

meh

Starlin visited the set and he left with the impression that they were doing a great job with Thanos, which is a good reason to be optimistic.

Not according to what Feige and Brolin are saying.

What do you expect him to say?

They're coming

Attached: Morag Mural Cosmic Beings.png (611x604, 986K)

Josh Brolin makes me hopeful and excited about Thanos so I think he'll be a great villain

>>"When you see the relationship with Gamora and you see that evolves, God I wish I could tell you. I can’t! When [directors Joe and Anthony Russo] came up to me after we had done maybe three quarters of the film, they said, “It wasn’t necessarily intended that you feel for this guy as much as you do.” Obviously he has a grand plan, like somebody who’s pulling in kids for their own selfish bloodshed. But he has a capacity to love very much and very deeply. You need that for a character like this because if he’s just a cackling madman bent on destroying everything, it’s less interesting.

>>"He’s different from his family. They’re all Titans and they all look similar, but he was born deformed. You see how he grew up, you see he was like the Quasimodo of this time, or if you’ve ever read Perfume [Patrick Süskind ‘s 1985 novel about a serial killer who craves beautiful scenes but is disgusted by the smell of humanity], it’s a great parallel to Thanos. He stuck out. He was an anomaly. He was a freak. And that lent to this apparent insanity."

>>"You want to write him off as insane, and yet what he’s doing makes sense, if you break it down. You think of overpopulation and killing half the universe in order to save the other half and all this kind of stuff. You have this struggle watching him. It’s this love-hate thing, you know? So I don’t know … Who in our society do we love and hate? You see this lughead and this guy who you pigeonhole right from the first cosmetic reaction to him. And what I see is this in this guy’s eyes. This super, super, super intelligence. There’s this constant contrasting thing about this Neanderthalic lughead who’s way more intelligent than anybody else in the movie, by far."

Literally why

Changes were to be expected, as for any movie adaptation, but I still hope Thanos somewhat gets all nihilistic in Avengers 4 after assembling the full gauntlet, Lady Death, even if it's just a crazy hallucination he has, would be welcome too.

>overpopulation
That's not even a real issue ffs.

Ego was one-dimensional on purpose. Vulture was nuanced, true.

reminder that Thanos in the comics is literally Sup Forums incarnate
>born so ugly for his species that his mother disowned him
>dad ignored him in favor of his job, not popular at school for being the weird kid
>edgemaster who went on a species wide beta uprising
>his entire motivation is that the female personification of Death is his waifu
>beta orbits her, permanently stuck in her friendzone
>tries to get his oneitis to notice him by killing as many people as possible
>incel, only fucks dead roasties bodies pretending they're his waifu
>likes to abduct little girls and force them to pretend to be his "daughters"
>in later stories gets cucked by deadpool, /reddit's guy/
truly /our guy/

>Killmongers celebrated success as the MCU's best villain
One eyed among the blind.

I at least hope they give thanos some personality like they did Klaue because id love to see thanos effectively be marvel frieza while also being a cheeky fucker

Thanos/Gamora daddydom scene confirmed

Wait, guys. What if the movie ends with Thanos realizing that he doesn't need to kill people to stop overpopulation but that he can use the gauntlet's power to increase the universe's capacity of sustaining life by making entire planets of crops?

Attached: thanosfarming.jpg (488x768, 168K)

He pretty much has Death's motivation as his own in the movie. She wanted him to wipe out half the universe because apparently there were more living creatures alive, then there were that have ever died.

it is on the MCU, were there is sentient life in every other planet

What if he din't want to kill half of the universe, but make the universe smaller, and for that it have to destroy half of it (earth included in that half).

idk man, the universe is pretty fuckin big

he could just ask Pym to throw one of his discs at the ground

>nihilism is what drives Thanos

So... you don't know what nihilism is.

Starlin? He'd say "No sir... I don't like it," and spit on the floor.

With Nebula there. Before she had any implants & was heartbreakingly cute.

>there were more living creatures alive, then there were that have ever died.

I am pretty sure that's implicitly impossible.

Avengers 4 is when they & more Celestials are showing up right????

They've been "hyping" him up exclusively through bonus credit scenes and occasional mentions of him, with his design changing every time we see him iirc.
There's literally no reason to get excited for him at all, especially when his goal is 100% collect all McGuffins and kill everybody because im evol (powered by The Heart). He's the most generic motherfucker possible right now.