I want to get into Spiderman

I want to get into Spiderman.
I've enjoyed all the films.
I want to check out some of the comics.
Which are some good trades /runs to check out?

Attached: TomHollandincostume.jpg (634x857, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Peter-Parker-Spectacular-Spider-Man-Twilight-ebook/dp/B077JB3T8Q/ref=sr_1_76?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=aae0145a265011e8808f5eb20a345d120INT&s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1520878414&sr=1-76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything published before 1990. It's where the masterworks are.

One More Day

'Nuff said

Check out Roger Stern's stuff.

Personally my favorite run on the character was the John Romita Jr./John Byrne years. A good place to "start" there is The Next Chapter.

Then again, his original comics still hold up very well if you're okay with a little wordiness. There's a great collection called Great Power that has all of his earliest adventures as well as the origins of most of his classic villains.

Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1: Into The Twilight is $1 on amazon. Should I get it?
amazon.com/Peter-Parker-Spectacular-Spider-Man-Twilight-ebook/dp/B077JB3T8Q/ref=sr_1_76?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=aae0145a265011e8808f5eb20a345d120INT&s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1520878414&sr=1-76

>Chip Zdarsky
Never.

Pretty much all of amazing, OMD sucks, but what followed did give us some great Spidey runs, post 2000 I say check out

Civil War
New Ways to Die
Gauntlet
Grim Hunt
Big Time
Spider-Island
Ends of the Earth and Superior

For non-amazing titles check out
Marvel Knights: Spider-Man
Spider-Man and the X-Men
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man
Avenging Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man (stop after Peter gets killed off)
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Spider-Man Reign
Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man

Attached: image.jpg (2208x1242, 2.05M)

Sure. Current spectacular Spider-Man run is pretty alright. Can't go wrong for $1.

Shadmen trap spider man when??

>Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man
Excellent choice!

Straczynski's run is pretty nice.

You want Ultimate. This Peter doesn't resemble 616 in the slightest.

Original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko stuff.
John Romita Sr/Gerry Conway stuff.
Roger Stern/John Romita Jr. stuff.
Kraven's Last Hunt's a great single arc you can probably pick up for pretty cheap, though it has more impact if you're already familiar with Kraven.

Some more modern stuff includes Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man, it rises and falls in quality over the course of its 150 issues but its generally pretty solid. I actually really like JMS' run on the character even though it ends in the worst Spiderman story ever. Just skip Sins Past and One More Day and the rest of the run is pretty great.

Back in Black was fucking stellar, even if it did have the movie synergy with the garbage organic webs

This. His run was when comics started getting censored less and becoming a little more adult.

Plus Roger is just great.

Stan/Dikto spidey is good too just so you can see iconic villains debuting prety much one after the other nonstop.

>Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Is this still going?

Yeah but there's a timskip so Anime is a teen now. I stopped reading just before that but I'll return eventually

Not as you knew it, no. Different creative team sabotaged it took over.

Yep, issue 16 came out last month

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1887, 2.49M)

Is it no longer Gerry Conway stuff?

Naw, Conway left around issue 8 or so so Stegman has to rush an ending, then they did the 8 year time skip and brought in a new creative team, the writer seems alright, not great but not awful, but the art is a huge step down after 10 issues of Stegman drawing MJ, but I can forgive the new artist if only for remembering that Wolverine is a manlet

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1900, 2.65M)

Jody Houser of pic related fame. Not as abysmal as you'd expect, but not good either.

Attached: Faith.jpg (780x1200, 184K)

She also did Mother Panic over at DC, but I didn’t read that either