Kenny

>Being a huge fan of South Park even with the past few seasons being “meh” why has Kenny been treated like a background character these past few seasons? I know that characters like Cartman and Kyle have been the shining stars with the whole “Heidi Turner “ incident but even before that, he really hasn’t had a lot of attention lately even though he’s part of the main 4. I’m guessing Trey and Matt want to address this with the upcoming “Casa Bonita” DLC focusing on rescuing his sister Karen from the vampires. Considering the fact that out of the four, Kenny’s been shown in a few situations that he’s loyal to his friends except Cartman and is always looking out for his sister by acting as her guardian angel in the form of Mysterion and even took a job at City Wok to buy her a doll. I’m probably just being too much of a fan of the show but Kenny is my favorite character from the show. Sorry about the long post but Kenny thread I guess.

Attached: 8006119C-53EA-4E4F-BE22-05839BAEAB70.png (867x1032, 739K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkFCqzVxshk
youtube.com/watch?v=ulXwOrErdrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm assuming it's because he's the only character who's treated in a relatively serious way when he's Mysterion, so the show becomes less of a comedy. It's the only reason I can think of and it sucks, Kenny is by far the best of the boys and seems to get better while the rest of the cast gets worse.

Last few seasons were plot-driven and dialogue heavy and Kenny isn't a great dialogue character. Doesn't excuse him not being in the background or with the boys or being replaced by fucking tweek and craig

Bingo.
Kenny is my favorite as well. Hes based as fuck and is by far the most interesting out of the four but the fact of the matter is all of his comedic potential with him dying and the fact that he is a muffle ran out of juice after season 5. Then when Matt and Trey started to pay attention to him again most of his development was actually pretty dramatic. I would love for them to continue with this because I feel that it would keep the show fresh but I feel like they don't want to keep the tone mostly comedic.

Pretty much what said.
Kenny's my fave too, but I understand why Trey and Matt don't really use him aside from superhero-based episodes. You can only do so much when your original purpose was to spout shit to get pass censors due to being muffled and die in a multitude of ways. Now that they can get away with pretty much anything, there's no reason why they would use Kenny's speech for that specific point.

*want to keep the tone mostly comedic.

I mean, even when he does have episodes centered around him these days, there's still little serious elements that elevate the show to a different tone. You look at episodes like The Poor Kid and The City Part of Town which revolve around his relationship with Karen and how he truly, genuinely loves her and does whatever he can to protect her from their shitty life and it goes from LMAO KENNY'S SO POOR HE LIVES IN SQUALOR to "holy shit Kenny really is poor". It's little things like that.

I don't think Matt and Trey want to explore that more than necessary. Much easier and funnier for them to recycle Butters, Randy and Cartman jokes over and over without telling us anything new or unique about them.

You hit the nail on the head. Kenny is too sad of a a character. Hes not hilariously sad like Butters but actually sad like Orel Puppington. Matt and Trey could actually take the Moral Orel route with Kenny but they would never do it.

Not to mention he's not the type of person to get involved in drama unless it directly involves him or his family.

We know too much about him now for it to be funny anymore.

Its a shame he doesn't get episode because of this but its inevitable. Who knows. Maybe they'll give Kenny a chance in Season 22 and do some whole big arc with him. Honestly I'm looking forward to the DLC since I consider it the missing season 21 Kenny episode.

Attached: bestbro.jpg (600x484, 64K)

It's because he's by far the most serious of the boys, and because of his nature, he changes the entire tone of the show whenever He's focused on. Thus, Matt and Trey just dont really want to put too much attention on him because they care more for cheap jokes and humour than fully serious, genuinely dangerous and painful shit. It's sad, but that's how it is.

Attached: tumblr_p0wrge6KhK1uz3ui3o1_1280.png (651x1920, 391K)

I actually have a more optimistic view of him. Dying every day and being poorer than dirt with shitty parents obviously grinds on Kenny but I’ve always admired that he’s still a kid who likes to find the fun in life. He does drugs, acts perverted, plays with his friends without giving a shit if he dies.
He’s kind of similar to Cartman and Butters where the events in their life SHOULD fuck them up beyond repair but because it’s South Park they’re fine by the next episode. There are very few lasting consequences in South Park and Kenny embodies that.
Or maybe I’m just sick of emo Kenny fics idk

Thats true. Its just I always felt like the Mysterion personality was Kenny's true personality while his "normal" laid back, perverted, and easy going persona was a facade

It’s a prominent side of him, no doubt, but it doesn’t mean his normal self is fake. If he could actually talk his real personality would come through. It’s a little hard to judge when only Mysterion can speak clearly and is given lots of lines.

It would be pretty cool if they actually removed or seriously toned down the muffle to make him have actual conversations outside of Mysterion, but then again I'm sure people would bitch relentlessly about changing stuff

I think they are doing it more and more with episodes like Holiday Special and A Nightmare on Facetime. They just have to find creative ways to have him speak clearly.

One thing I really like about Kenny is how he's still a good person despite the crap he's been through. Cartman became an evil sociopath long ago and even Butters eventually snapped in s20, but Kenny has gotten kinder and more heroic with every focus episode he gets.

Same. Kenny is what Kyle thinks he is. Kyle usually stands up to Cartman to satisfy his own ego while Kenny stands up to Cartman because he actually cares about what Cartman is harming.

>Kenny has saved the world in BLU, won the war of angels and demons using a PSP, saves his sister and adopts a heroic but brooding persona
>he also for a while got high as fuck on cat piss to go to boobland and attempted to get his mom to abort the baby she was pregnant with over paranoia that the baby would be the cause of his impending death
Kenny is an interesting child

In terms of interactions between the main four..
Then: Stan and Kyle, Cartman and Kenny
Now: Cartman and Kyle, Stan and Kenny

Stan and Kenny centered episode when?

The "trying to get his mother to abort the baby" thing is one of those one-off actions that don't fit the character's typical behaviour, especially since that was before Karen was in the show.

Stan and Kenny don't interact very often, do they? The most prominent episode with them working together that I can remember is The Passion of the Jew.

They really should work together as the straight men more often against whatever Cartman and Kyle are fucking up

>trying to get his mother to abort the baby"
Maybe he was worried this kid cpuld be like him? Like his mom went back to the cult and now shes pregnant again. I think kenny would want to spare anyone else his pain

Maybe Karen is immortal and we just don’t know

It depends on if it was a one time thing and went away with kenny or was it something more.

What if Kenny was not really Stuart's son and Carol had sex with Cthulu or some shit hence Kenny being the only child with a different hair color.

>future sp episode
>kenny cant protect karen from something
>he fails
>she revives the next night and kenny has to explain things to her
>he acts as mysterion to find who did this bad thing to her
>karen joins as his sidekick to get revenge since she can revive too

That's literally what happened. Though I imagine Stuart got in on that action as well.

Attached: tumblr_p0am4c68Wc1wy83x0o1_1280.png (1261x1222, 834K)

They have no motivation to get between Kyle and Cartman's shenanigans. Stan might've tried to help to help Kyle in the earlier seasons but their friendship has gotten weaker and weaker since You're Getting Old.

Nah, he just didn't want another sibling in that episode and had nightmares about it being evil. Plus, he only found out about the Cthulu cult in the Coon Trilogy and it's unlikely that his backstory was planned out that far.

New episode? We’ve got Kenny/Karen centered DLC coming in a couple weeks, why wait
>Oh my god, they killed Karen!

>Nah, he just didn't want another sibling in that episode and had nightmares about it being evil. Plus, he only found out about the Cthulu cult in the Coon Trilogy and it's unlikely that his backstory was planned out that far.
I know i was just trying to think of any explanation

>doesnt want her to join the vamps so she doesnt have to be immortal

I still can’t get over how fast Kyle jumped to Cartman after Stan got old. Not even Kenny, straight to Cartman.

And the only thing worse than being immortal is being immortal and a clamato-drinking faggot

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want Karen to join the vamps so she doesn't end up being pussies like them.

The had NO EXCUSE to leave him out. They didn't even need him to be serious, even after the Mysterion shit he'd occasionally say something. And with Matt and Trey's hardon for the sexist arc thing, why didn't they bring up Kenny's perversion? That was entirely ignored and he mostly never even appeared.

>Kenny dies in an accident
>Stan is the only one to witness it
>After sleeping he wakes up and remembers
>Slowly starts to remember every single death of Kenny's
>Freaks the fuck out

There, I wrote you a script for a Stan & Kenny episode that has a load of potential in 2 minutes. You're welcome, Matt & Trey.

Yeah, seriously. it's fair enough having that one "friend" who you end up hanging out with despite constantly being at each others throats, but running to him first as soon as your best friend becomes too boring?
I like Kyle but Stan was always more invested in the friendship than he was and got little in return for it.

Despite his titty addiction, Kenny doesn't openly lust for the girls at school. Hell, in the few times he's had a girlfriend in the show, he's been a great and devoted boyfriend who's willing to put aside his perversion for his girlfriend's sake.

Lets write Kenny centered episode ideas for Matt and Trey Sup Forums!
>Cartman finally reveals to Kenny that he knows about his immortality
>Suggests he kills Kenny off multiple times for "prank videos"
>Gets a lot of views and money
>Kenny hates doing it but hes able to finally support his sister

They were cute

Attached: cute.gif (480x270, 1.48M)

Yea but the women were incredibly picky about reasons to get mad at boys, everyone knows Kenny is the poor kid with pinups over his bed and jacks off all the time at his age. He easily could've been the gateway to the main 4 getting involved with the gender wars.

>it's revealed that only people who can't/won't talk about Kenny's deaths can remember them
>Cartman remembers Kenny's deaths because he doesn't care (Cartmanland)
>Timmy remembers Kenny's deaths because he can't talk (Cripple Fight)
>Stan remembers Kenny's deaths through dreams and always forgets after waking up (City on the Edge of Forever)

Kenny and Timmy episode with no clear dialogue for the entire episode when?

>Kenny and Timmy episode when?
That could be really interesting. They indicate in the flow chart that Kenny has nothing but respect for Timmy so it could be a fascinating and funny team up.

I really like this video. It shows how far hes come as a character.
youtu.be/vkFCqzVxshk

Aside from some brotherly moments what are you hoping for in the DLC Kenny wise?

Attached: sp__kenny_and_karen_by_forte_girl7-d4giu69.png (600x848, 383K)

Are you the chick who wears the south park onesy and shlicks to random sp character fan fics?

If so, I want to see your bobs and smell your butt.

Jesus Christ, dude.

Attached: holyshitdude.jpg (361x361, 14K)

How about a D&D arc, have the whole SoT theme but in an actual fantasy world.
It would make sense, since D&D has been gaining traction recently, and it would be a nice change of pace from the political shitstorm of the latter half of S20 and some of S21

What? I come on too strong?

It'd be an interesting and potentially fun change of pace but the show still has a lot of cliffhangers from 20 and 21's political shitstorm.

I will never not want to smell bobs. I will never not want to see bobs slowly be put inside a ba.

i don't have cable and don't give a shit about these season-long plots in the show these days so i don't watch. what exactly happened to butters?

they ruined kenny when they gave him a backstory and huge lead in the coon stuff. he was funnier as just a perverted kid that's kind of a dick but not really. granted he wouldn't have had much room to grow in that role but then again maybe the show shouldn't have gone on this long.

so what are the chances we get a scene with cartman drinking whiskey from henriettas feet
youtube.com/watch?v=ulXwOrErdrk

He got dumped by his girlfriend and developed an extreme hatred of women. As in, he now thinks all women are "snakes in the grass" that want to lock men up in underground semen farms.
He played a big role in turning Cartman against Heidi, but that was probably going to happen eventually anyway.

there was literally no need to change his character unless they just turn him into a full blown CWC inspo roughly a decade too late.

I wrote this idea before but I keep hoping it could get traction.

>It's revealed Kenny's Dad is the estranged son of the spice company McCormick
>Kennys Dad admits his family is rich, he got disowned because he has no sense of taste
>Kennys grandparents discover their only son had kids
>whole family invited to estate
>Kenny must prove himself worthy to be a McCormick heir
>the whole episode references Dune
>in the end Kenny is successful but his older brother is selected to stay and be groomed as the new McCormick heir
>Kenny goes back to squalor with his family except his anointed brother
>grandparents give them secret spice that makes anything taste delicious as a consolation prize, no money
>Kenny makes his sister 'the best breakfast' ever with it
>end

Nice, you managed to make Kevin relevant.

Neat

They write what they think can be funny, not what characterfags and lorefags want. Clearly they don't have many ideas how to have funny situations with Kenny lately. And reading you I can get that, Kenny has pretty much become too much of a right-minded straightman for Matt and Trey's style of humor.

I can't wait for Jason to beat the living shit out of Kyle next season. Fucking faggot deserves it

Attached: Jason white.png (1920x1090, 2.27M)

It feels like something’s missing here... just can’t put my finger on it...

Attached: C8517294-BC01-4CAF-A789-5EB9563F7C51.jpg (640x1136, 120K)

Damn, he was even more irrelevant in s20 but even then he still made it on the box.
It's like he's not considered fit to be a prop anymore.

Attached: back where he belongs.png (640x889, 975K)

kenny is one of the few who is loyal to cartman
he wasnt even among the ones who fucked all his shit up even though he had just as much to loose

Butters has pretty much completely replaced Kenny as Cartman’s henchman for the better imo

Not enough trump bashing for new South Park. I don’t want this to turn political and regardless of your side can we all agree the Garrison/Trump thing has become very stale? I mean they bashed bush, they bashed Obama and that was great because it was maybe 2/3 episodes for each of their 8 years in office. They’ve dedicated nearly 2 entire seasons now

>Princess Kenny and Mysterion are the same character

Attached: 1470917526715.jpg (221x246, 16K)

Kenny’s deaths were much better not being explained

10/10 would watch. More interesting than anything Trey wrote in nearly 4 seasons

Has there been a lack of focus on Kenny?
Maybe if you take only the show, yeah. He's been pretty front and center in the videogames.

Imagine being this stupid

Attached: 555-come-on-now-1687205.png (500x522, 133K)

What?

Princess Kenny
>A girl
>Also royalty
>Dainty and cute
>Being Mysterion

There's no way the princess could be Mysterion. Not only are they completely different but even if she had the capacity to be a crime fighting vigilante she'd be too busy with her princess duties to actually do it.

Attached: Does this look like the face of a crime figting vigilante to you.png (424x600, 249K)

Is this true?

Attached: 1515713536998.png (979x924, 307K)

The spice must flow

>Kenny wins a fuckton of Money, and tries to give half of it to Karen only for Kevin to find out and Force a three-way split among the siblings
>Kevin immediately blows all his cash on cheap food and booze, tipping off their parents to the Money's existence
>Cartman finds out and tries to Steal the money so he isn't the poorest kid in school again
>Shenanigans ensure

>alignment chart
>true
no

I want to get a Kyle victim episode and he is forced to beg cartman to help him.

Damn that is so messed up

Kenny is a joke/prop character since the beginning of the series. I have no idea why people were so attached to him before Mysterion/The Poor Kid when he got an actual personality. Watching season 1-6 the series wouldn't have changed much if he had remained death after the 6th season.

why put kenny in the front cover when he had next to no screen time? Cover makes sense in context to the season.

That’s an awesome idea.

I feel like Trey and Matt actually became PC. They make jabs but it's like they didn't want Kenny to be brought up again because of his perverted characterization, so the try to ignore him.

He was on the cover for s20 and he only had one line for the entire season. His absence on this cover is a sad reminder of how he's not relevant anymore.
Hell, Ike made the cover and he was only somewhat relevant in the final episode.

You're joking, right?

at least they're being honest this time around and not giving false hope for those ignorant normie souls picking it up who never saw it online or when it aired.

>No Kenren art's been posted
Has love for best ship died?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1431, 391K)

Buying season 20 on DVD is tragic enough.

Somehow I don't think Karen dying brutally every episode would be as funny as Kenny

Holy shit, that's sad

holy shit the fucking madmen
why did ike get on the cover? Was he ever relevant besides the finale?
When does it come out? How long until we get the commentaries?

Attached: DWUzKalVoAEKEKh.jpg-large.jpg (1024x1024, 137K)

>Kenny isn't a great dialogue character
honestly that'd be an easy fix, just ditch the muffle, that aspect of his character has long lost it's novelty anyways

Ike was only relevant in the finale and got a brief cameo in the first episode.
The DVD's getting released in June and is confirmed to have deleted scenes.

Wonder how many of those deleted scenes are from the finale
that episode clearly had a lot of shit happen behind the scenes, the preview was super late and the final product feels rushed as fuck
token was in the scene where all the kids decide to go looking for garrison, but then he's never seen again - shit like that, they were clearly just trying to get something out the door and had no time to make sure everything worked

Token wasn't in the scene where they decide to look for Ike, only when they were talking about seeing Garrison. He was probably there for a reference joke because It and Stranger Things have a single black kid in the kids group.

Still, there's no reason why he couldn't have come along as part of the search party. It's not like Stan, Tweek or Craig did anything of value.

As I said before there are creative ways to have him speak without the muffle. That could be a funny new running gag.

Episode where kenny decides not to wear the hood when

That’s the thing, he still just suddenly disappeared out of nowhere.
Feels like Creek was supposed to do something more than holding hands after all that buildup in the first half.

My best guess at what happened that week was
>m+t wanted to kill garrison off
>CC told them they couldn't depict the death of a sitting president
>they fight about it for a few days but CC don't budge
>oh fuck we have 2 days what the fuck do we do

The comments about "you can't talk about shooting the president, not even joke about it, they can do to you what they did to kathy griffin" is far too on the nose and is almost definitely based on actual discussions they had with CC