What are some casting mistakes the MCU has made throughout its run?

What are some casting mistakes the MCU has made throughout its run?

Attached: EdwardNortonHulk.jpg (1010x480, 24K)

Mark Ruffalo

Attached: Baron_Mordo.jpg (959x1406, 172K)

Not casting me in the movies so that I can make laods of mone

Emily Blunt would've been better than Scojo

/thread. FPBP

Wasting Lee Pace on Ronan the Cardboard Cutout.

Tom Holland.

Don Cheadle should have been Rhodey since day one. I don't really care for either Banner, but Ruffalo's Hulk does look better. Mickey Rourke wasn't great either.
He was actually okay. I think the bigger crime was wasting Mikkelsen

Wasting one of the most prominent African actors on a literally who throwaway villain in Guardians of the Galaxy instead of saving him for Black Panther.

Attached: Korath_cropped.png (652x852, 1.17M)

Also Marisa Tomei. And Tony Revolori. Damn near everybody in Homecoming who isn't Michael Keaton, Jacob Batalon, or Donald Glover.

Terrance Howard

That hulk movie was shit and I'm tired of faggots pretending its good because muh norton

Don Cheadle probably won't be alive five years from now, so they better kill him off in Infinity War.

>Mickey Rourke wasn't great either.
Dummy

>my bourd

They wanted her. There was a shooting schedule conflict with her other films.

I'm actually happy we got Ruffalo for Banner, by the way. Norton is a better actor, but he would have been wasted as the Hulk and he wouldn't have gelled well with the direction the MCU ended up taking. Good actor, bad fit.

>They wanted her. There was a shooting schedule conflict with her other films.
I wonder if there are any actors that passed on the MCU really early on that now regret it.

Probably, but probably not names we know much now. The MCU experiment knew they needed people to sign up for long hauls, so they made a point of sniping decent actors at low points in their career or casting relative unknowns. Hemsworth was just a guy when the MCU picked him up. RDJ hadn't done much since rehab. And so on.

Really, the only person who didn't fit that mold was Norton and to a lesser extend Sam Jackson. Sam basically doesn't count, because Sam will be in any movie that pays him to show up as long as he is already physically not on another set at the time. Dude acts like most people eat: three times a day, with some meals better than others because junk food is cheap.

Norton's only problem was he loved the Hulk too much and they wouldn't let him do the movie he wanted. They had to tie it in with Captain America and Iron Man from the get go.

Norton's Banner is arguably the best presentation of a character in the MCU, though. Yeah Norton is a dick but he's a fucking good actor.

Portman is horrible.

A lot of the thor side cast were odd picks but at least they are no longer an issue.

U fucking wat m8?

>I think the bigger crime was wasting Mikkelsen
Agreed 100%

They didn't even get him to wear blueface to play a Kree.

Attached: korath_1.jpg (596x1022, 76K)

Norton literally looks like Bruce Banner. How was that a casting mistake?

plus, yknow, he just shows up as samuel l jackson

Idris Elba as Heimdall. Was there really no juicier role you could've saved him for?

>Probably, but probably not names we know much now.

We know some.

Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.)
>Sam Rockwell, Timothy Olyphant and Clive Owen.

Captain America (Chris Evans)
>John Krasinski, Channing Tatum, Garrett Hedlund, Scott Porter, Mike Vogel, Michael Cassidy, Wilson Bethel, Chace Crowford, Patrick John Flueger, Robert Buckley, Jensen Ackles and Sebastian Stan.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
>Liam Hemsworth, Charlie Hunnam, Joel Kinnaman, Alexander Skarsgard and Tom Hiddleston.

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
>Joaquin Phoenix & David Duchovny.

Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)
>Emily Blunt.

Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
>Jensen Ackles.

Falcon (Anthony Mackie)
>Michael B. Jordan.

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)
>Saoirse Ronan.

Ant-Man (Paul Rudd)
>Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Ewan McGregor.

The Wasp (Evangeline Lily)
>Rashida Jones & Emma Stone.

Hank Pym (Michael Douglas)
>Steve Buscemi, Gary Oldman and Pierce Brosnan.

Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
>Mads Mikkelsen, Joaquin Phoenix, Jared Leto, Jake Gyllenhall, Tom Hardy, Colin Farrell, Ethan Hawke, Jack Huston, Oscar Isaac, Keanu Reeves, Matthew McConaughey, Ewan McGregor and Justin Theroux.

Spider-Man (Tom Holland)
>Asa Butterfield, Charlie Rowe, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer, Liam James, Chandler Riggs and Timothée Chalamet.

Star-Lord (Chris Pratt)
>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton.

Gamora (Zoe Saldana)
>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki.

Drax (Dave Bautista)
>Jason Momoa, Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa.

Rocket (Bradley Cooper)
>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennant.

Nebula (Karen Gillian)
>Gal Gadot.

Shuri (Letitia Wright)
>Amandla Stenberg.

Attached: Avengers.jpg (620x387, 65K)

Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow)
>Rachel McAdams.

Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell)
>Emily Blunt, Rosamund Pike, Alice Eve, Keira Knightley, Gemma Arterton and Alexa Davalos.

Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp)
>Anna Kendrick, Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones, Imogen Gay Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica Brown Findlay.

Maria Hill (Colbie Smulders)
>Morena Baccarin and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
>Charlie Cox and Josh Hartnett.

Odin (Anthony Hopkins)
>BRIAN BLESSED

The Ancient One (Tilda Swinton)
>Ken Watanabe, Morgan Freeman and Bill Nighy.

Abomination (Tim Roth)
>Ray Stevenson.

Red Skull (Hugo Weaving)
>Thomas Kretschmann.

Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce)
>Jude Law.

Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall)
>Jessica Chastain, Gemma Arterton, Isla Fisher and Diane Kruger.

Malekith (Christopher Eccleston)
>Mads Mikkelsen.

Alexander Pierce (Robert Redford)
>Alec Baldwin.

Crossbones (Frank Grillo)
>Kevin Durand, Josh Holloway and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Ego (Kurt Russell)
>Matthew McConaughey.

Vulture (Michael Keaton)
>Michael Shannon.

Hela (Cate Blanchett)
>Charlize Theron.

M'Baku (Winston Duke)
>Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.

Attached: Thanos.jpg (470x313, 11K)

>people hate Ang Lee's Hulk
>get a chance at a do-over just a few years later
>make almost the same damn story

>we could have had fucking Mulder Hulk

fuck this gay earth

aw man, sershoa could have been scarlet witch? that would have been amazing

the heck? she was perfectly fine, just didn't have much to work with

>Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp)
>>Anna Kendrick, Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones, Imogen Gay Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jessica Brown Findlay.

aw man, literally any of the other options would have been better

I thought this pic was going to be a buff Knuckles from the thumbnail.

A good chunk of them sound like they would have been better.

Wasting Walton Goggins in Ant Man 2 when he is the fucking perfect Bullseye.

Wasting Alice Eve in Iron Fist S2.

He looked good as Rhodes, Don just looks so weasely. He should look more physical than tony

Really? I can't buy Anna Kendrick as a SHIELD agent.

Attached: Black ops intelligence operative.jpg (736x587, 34K)

I hope he shows up in captain marvel, that'd be nice.

Movies:
-Terrence Howard AND Don Cheadle were terrible for Rhodey/War Machine. Needs someone more imposing.
-Chitwel Ejifor as Mordo
-Tilda Swinson as Ancient One
-James Spader as Ultron

TV:
-Mike Colter as Luke Cage
-Finn Jones as Iron Fist
-Simone Missick as Misty Knight
-whoever that Indian guy was as Steel Serpent

Spader would have made a fine Ultron, it's the direction that was all wrong.

>Don Cheadle should have been Rhodey since day one

nah, he's not buyable as War Machine

Norton is famous for being a huge pain in the ass to work with. If you've watched Birdman, his character takes personality traits from Norton's behavior, in the same way Keaton is a washed up hero meta-wise.

They ruined Spader making him funny, it would have been fine if he was emotionless and evil like he was supposed to be.

Really wish they kept Norton, for consistency sake.

idk, there's something about his voice that doesnt fit Ultron

but maybe you're right. Whedon Ultron was cancer and reminded me too much of Spader as Robert California from the office

yeah the snarky Ultron was unbearable for me

wtf where they thinking?

>Hank Pym (Michael Douglas)
>>Steve Buscemi
lmao

>Rocket (Bradley Cooper)
>>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler
Holy shit, we dodged a fucking bullet there.

Jensen Ackles REALLY wants to be in Marvel

Holy shit, McConaughey as Strange might have been badass.

>>Matthew McConaughey.
That has to be a joke.

Attached: bob.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

Strange has a lot of winners in there.

probably because Dr Strange was Fiege's favorite character

must've hurt him a little when it didnt take off like expected or like other MCU characters

Theron would have made a way better Hela but im glad she isnt wasted on a one off villain that has no depth
>muh throne, muh glory days, muh conquest

Ancient one casting is fucked for political reasons, wasnt as bad as it could have been

I'm sure more people are open to seeing him after his appearance in Ragnarok. That was one of the best scenes.

This. Ruffalo is terrible.

he's fine in A1, but A2 forces that shitty joss whedon self-insert romance with widow, and T:R turns him into the fucking comic relief

Newsflash: Everyone was the comic relief in T:R.

>I think the bigger crime was wasting Mikkelsen
I think they might bring him back as Dormammu in human form if, you know, they ever decided to bring back a fucking villain

his film credits are pretty unremarkable before Thor, probably didn't realize his potential

since MCU Ultron was designed by Stark instead of Pym, he was originally (idk if deleted scene or early draft) made from Stark's brainwaves, like he's made from Pym's brain in the comics. so, the snarkiness in theory was supposed to be a remnant of Stark.

the idea works on paper, but it was horribly executed

I didn't suggest otherwise

Not casting mistake but they stopped doing good movies after Iron Man 1.

>we don’t live in the timeline where Steve Buscemi is Hank Pym
I like the guy they have now, but that’s bumming me out a little.

Attached: 990F93BF-01BC-446B-84D5-170302F28BCE.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

That’s the point! Honeypot bb!

The issue is it doesn't work when every character is defined by their snarky traits so when you try to make one on purpose they don't stand out because of it, they only seem like just another person.

Michael Douglas is so great as Hank that I can't imagine it being anyone else now.
Of course, Steve Buscemi should still have his time in the MCU sun. Who do you think he should play, Sup Forums?
I'm leaning towards Toad.

Attached: 1462671581320.jpg (1500x1024, 408K)

I think the sequel will be better off, because it doesn't have so much riding on it. Since Black Panther became the new Iron Man instead, they'll just be able to pull a Ragnarok and do whatever they want with DS2.

As a Strangefag, BP getting so big was the best thing that could have happened for Stephen.

this

Ultron quipping wouldnt be so bad if it was toned down to a Jarvis level

You know they won't.

Attached: So+is+modok+modark+we+is+that+really+the+size+_9a3e19ed1a340d916f551cdb07a323c2.png (250x367, 186K)