Characters you cant stand

I cant stand LARS and usually skip episodes focused on him. Now that he is a major character in the gem story line Ive stopped watching all together.

Attached: chode.png (1237x657, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1IRdi8iBVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weak

youtube.com/watch?v=S1IRdi8iBVQ
I like Lars

I used to like the entire cast in SU but now near everyone sorta annoys me. Ah well.

i dunno, Lars in likable in the sense that you want to see him finally gain the confidence in himself that his friends can achieve. he's frustrating, especially with his relapses, but he's believable as a character.

I feel the same about Sadie. She's a talented person who can't overcome the issues with self-confidence and believes she doesn't deserve as good as she can get. you root to see her finally make something of herself and leave her shitty job and life behind.

Ironically, the characters that are the easiest to hate are probably two of the most focused on characters, Steven and Connie.

Attached: IMG_9677.png (689x712, 106K)

Did the writers turn him into Pink Captain Harlock because the fans hated him?

Attached: bpbc6.jpg (320x216, 9K)

They needed something for him to do so I don't put it behind them.

You can honestly take out many of the townies and there wouldn't be much of a difference in the show.

>THE GENIUSNESS
SU fans are so amazed by fundamentals of storytelling and music making.

I feel Lars is given too much effort by nearly everyone when it could go towards someone who is naturally nice and deserving.

Serpentor. Fuck Serpentor.

One of you anons better let me know if he's a better villain in the comics. This, I command.

Attached: serpentor-gi-joe-1.37.jpg (210x240, 25K)

I wish more cartoons understood the "fundamentals" of good sound design. You won't see character specific BGMs and motifs from 99% of cartoons.

you're not wrong there, but the town is small enough where you can actually take a chance on a guy like him. i just feel bad for Lars parents since he seems to have a lot of personal things to work through and his parents seem to be in the splash zone of his personal struggle. i think Lars deep down is a good guy, but has deep insecurities that he still hasn't really addressed, regardless if he's a swashbuckling pink space pirate.

I have the same type of hate for Sadie, she's such a fucking beta-orbiter

it's not just cartoons, so little shows/movies in general use reoccurring character themes and it's fucking retarded because it's the best shit ever

bloo

He's absolutely shit, and his character arc has been nothing but a stupid waste of time. The fact that he's alive at all and is now randomly a "super amazing space pirate" that an entire empire can't track down just speaks to the poor quality of the writers(boarders).

Here we see a garbage opinion from your average enterbot

Attached: file.png (544x1008, 465K)

>You won't see character specific BGMs and motifs from 99% of cartoons.

What fucking cartoons are you watching? That's like the one thing most cartoons always had. Hell, it'd be harder to have something that doesn't have that, it's not revolutionary in the slightest.

Attached: [HMMS EXTERNALLY].gif (480x270, 1.47M)

What's wrong with Leni? She's like one of the few good characters in that show.

At most they'll have one or two characters that has a vaguely reoccurring theme but Steven Universe is one of the few shows that actually has themes for most of the cast. Just look at a show like Gravity Falls or Star vs. Very minimal sound effort. Or comic book movies until they got their head out of their ass and realized people actually fucking like the Avengers heroic fanfare or Winter Soldier / Wonder Women themes etc. And so much more.

I don't like Lars that much desu but he isn't THAT bad

Lars is just awful in a new way. He was gone for like a month and now he has a team and a ship and a rival and is essentially doing protagonist things in a way Steven never does. It just underlines EVERY problem in the show where Steven has to use his love interest as a crutch for the like three days he has to do something under continual pressure and bails, while a teenager at a fast food joint can hack himself way better.

Seriously I'm just fucking amazed at how that episode ends. Steven and Connie go through a little bit of shit and want to bail immediately and basically leave Lars to fend for himself with no support because it's hard.

>I cant stand.
>Ive stopped watching all together.

See? That is sane. "I don't like this, I won''t watch it".

Lapis from SU got so annoying the more it was revealed she was just a bratty emo teenager.

But since this is becoming a stealth su thread, I also didn't like Dipper for some reason.
I think it was because he wasn't that smart? Or just did stupid things? Maybe it was the man voice.

Attached: Dipp.jpg (509x785, 77K)

Dipper's biggest flaw is that he's pretty generic as far as protagonists go, along with not being allowed to grow out of it. But that's preferable to being an actively shitty character like his sister.

What isn't though is
>I can't stand it
>I've stopped watching it
>So listen to me complaining about this show i don't watch anymore

I don't agree about Lapis

she just has to face the consequences of being alone for thousands of years, and I totally understand the fact that she has social problems - she isn't just a "bratty emo teenager" she is litteraly the most interesting character from SU cuz she actally has real social problems, which is supposed to be kind of the center of SU (ow and Amethyst too btw)