Shelf Thread

>Vertigo edition

These just arrived today for me, r8, h8, recommendations m8

Attached: 65D3D892-7714-4154-BEBA-23F5397B289E.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

martinralya.com/comics/green-lantern-trade-reading-order-geoff-johns-run-and-all-concurrent-lantern-tpbs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I''ve been getting into collecting everything with Green Lantern in it.

Is there a "recommended reading" list for them? I've already got ED / ED2, some Vol. 3 floppies, and trades of Rebirth Greeb Lanterns.

Man, I've started Ex Machina today and it feels like it's miles better than his other works like Y: The Last Man and Saga. I mean, in this one, he doesn't rely on cliffhangers every end of a chapter.

This week I am aiming to get The Hellblazer Vertigo releases and the Alan Moore Swamp Thing runs. Also trying to grab Batman, "Hush" and some more Fables volumes.
Unfortunately I sold most of my TPs (if not all) in high school and I just started collecting again so I have a pretty casual shelf.

>Everything with Green Lantern with it
I'm not sure that is physically possible.

I mean that's a name that's been around since the 40s. It'd mean more than just GL titles but tons of JSA/JLA/BraveandtheBold etc. Titles.

For manageable collections, I'd say give GreenLantern/GreenArrow run from the bronze age which has been completely collected in a $30 paperback.
There was also a Brave and the Bold mini by Mark Waid in the 00s that was a GL/Flash teamup that was like a summary glossing over the two character's history over the bronze and modern age. Pretty great stuff
Will world is a stand alone surreal story which is pretty good if you like surreal.

Johns run is what got me into comics to begin with, so would recommend that any day of the week. That pretty much equals all GL/GLC stuff from 2004 to 2013.

Forgot to post last week's pulls and buys

1/2 sorry for shitty back-of-car quality

Attached: IMG_20180313_103434.jpg (3006x4842, 2.55M)

Rock Candy Mountain and the Speed Racer collection were both at a used book store for a bargain.
I don't know enough about Speed Racer to be a fan, but fuck $20 for the entire collection in cool hardbacks and a box I can become a fan.
2/2

Attached: IMG_20180313_103410.jpg (3006x4563, 1.51M)

Are those Hellblazer covers new or something? They seem out of place.

Attached: 20180310_190311.jpg (3000x2250, 2.2M)

Do you guys get stuff graded/slabbed? I just got pic related as a gift, and have a few other floppies I could get done too. Was also just thinking of just devoting a wall to them instead of being stuck in a box. Thoughts?

Attached: Floppies.jpg (2592x1936, 2.15M)

Holy vertigo Batman.

Do you have the earlier Hallblazer too cause that's a sweet stack?

Attached: 20180313_124337.jpg (4032x3024, 4M)

Nothing new, no money, and too many things that require it for the next few months.

Any recommendations for when I do?

Attached: Shelf2edit.jpg (1440x2560, 1.77M)

Latest. I was checking upcoming comics on Amazon and saw a new Olivier Schrauwen book coming out. Pumped as fuck for that.

I have that Speed Racer collection. It's interesting. Not particularly good, but interesting. There is an instance where they entirely reuse some pages and just change the words in the speech bubbles. I was very confused when I first read it.

Attached: 20180306_165400.jpg (1000x740, 954K)

These shelf pictures are really old. I need to update them.

Attached: shelf_1.jpg (1300x2478, 1.91M)

Is that the Deluxe Unwritten?

Attached: shelf_2.jpg (1200x3565, 2.19M)

Were you the guys with the complete GIRLS collection me or others would point out?
Or did something happen that I missed in one shelf thread.

Reposting again cause i think the last couple times it was at the end of thread. Was really happy with this haul
1/2

Attached: 20180221_204454.jpg (3264x2448, 2.43M)

I will say it again, The Ring of the Nibelung is probably the best comic i ever read. The composition in it is fucking amazing.

Attached: 20180216_134328.jpg (3264x2448, 1.63M)

Sorry, you have a Dredd badge and helmet there. Yet I am not seeing any Case Files. That's three weeks in the cubes for you.

I think Hush is out of print but maybe check out used book stores.
My set are a miss-match of one paperback one hardback but I was able to get them easily there.

Comics are meant to be read and the people who "grade" them should be shot.

Oh I have no intent on selling these, edgelord, I just want to keep them nice and slabs seem the best way to do it. And like I said, I was also considering having them cover a wall with other issues that I have.

No, I understood entirely what you meant, retard. Read them or tell your friend he wasted money on some ungrateful fuck who thinks a magazine should be a display item.

Never hurts to know what you own is worth.
It'll help our families to not he ripped off when we all die and they sell our collections to cover funeral expenses.

Buddy, that Captain Marvel book is from the 1970s and I don't want to damage it further from handling it. I'm an autist who likes to keep things nice. If I feel like reading it, I'll do that online. An ungrateful fuck would sell it

>like any of us are having kids to fight over it.
It's going to an auction

And what's the point of owning a magazine if you aren't going to read it? If it's going on display then you could've just bought a poster for cheaper.

martinralya.com/comics/green-lantern-trade-reading-order-geoff-johns-run-and-all-concurrent-lantern-tpbs/

Are you new to this?

>I'm an autist
That was the point.

Nope. I've always thought it was asinine.

How's the Devilman Grimoire? How different is it from the classic one (if you're familiar)?

Nah, man, fuck grading things. Every now and then, take the comics out and flick through 'em, give 'em a read, smell the pages. It's a wonderful thing.

Reposting

Attached: a.jpg (1628x1792, 837K)

They decided to have new covers by different artists when they started the entire line reprint in 2012. I think it was done to show that the contents of the books might be a bit different from the old trades.

Attached: strange 190.jpg (3696x2448, 2.12M)

But the contents are the same newsprint, no?

Oh SNAP Immortal Man.
Wait no, I'm think of Ressurection Man.
Well enjoy your Buddy Baker comic.

>A-Man!
Why yes, yes he is.

>go to DC Universe by Alan Moore
>2.9 stars
>"Waaah, it doesn't have the Killing Joke!!!!!"
>"Boohoo I want muh Killing Joke!"

These people need to be gassed. Thanks for the link though, amigo!

No pic but I got Gillen's JiM omnibus in the mail today. Really nice looking.

OH BOY, if you can could you take a photo of the cover without the dustjacket, that "Comedy in 30 parts, tragedy in 31 is just great"
I would have buy that, but already own the complete trades.

Attached: IMG_20180122_181405.jpg (2400x1800, 427K)

It's alright. It's a retelling of Devilman. The art is pretty good. Done by the person who did Cynthia the Mission. This one definitely feels more more typical manga. Miki is now more of a main character and there is no Ryo to be found yet. Not nearly as good as the original, but I typically enjoy spinoffs of Go Nagai manga.

Wait what?
Did a reprint of DC Universe by Alan Moore not include The Killing Joke or something?
Cause my copy includes it. If that is the situation that's a valid reason to be upset, being withheld a story.

Sure thing! At work right now but I'll snap a pic when I get home. It's a nice looking book.

Bumpit

What you reading shelf?
I have been reading lots of Noah VanScriver. Last night I read Zboth Fante Bukowski books, Saint Cole and the 2013 Diary comic. I really enjoy his work.
Also reading Kamandi Omni, which is my new favorite thing.

nope and they canceled vol 2. ffffffff

Working my way through the Demon by Kirby, just got to Baron von Evilstein.

Seriously tempted to buy Absolute WildC.A.T.S. because of my love of 90's trash

I also love 90’s trash.

Procastinating on my reading of Multiple Warheads.

Past week

Land of the Lustrous
Batman/The Flash: The Button
Drawn & Quarterly: Twenty-five Years of Contemporary Cartooning, Comics, and Graphic Novels
Why no Church and State 2/Ghost in the Shell 2?

Don't worry, he ruins it with the godawful ending.

Not just him. Pretty much EVERY vertigo comic has a super strong start but ending is always mediocre.

Not true, but whatever.

bump

I'm going to come back with another half shelf if things go well at wondercon next week

Attached: Screenshot_20180228-224150.jpg (2960x1440, 2.53M)

Attached: Screenshot_20180228-224111.jpg (2960x1440, 2.59M)

I might be going to Wondercon Sunday just to hit up the alley for cheap stuff....

Out of print? Holy shit, there is one in my local book store I'll run to today and grab then.

not animal man

>A shelf thread that's not an image of a shelf.
>The only active thread with shelves in the image is a fucking Globglogabgalab thread.
How confusing.

That's the best day to get stuff isn't it? I'm going for the 3 days cause first time and some friends are going but I want to come back with something off my IST wishlist every day
I need more brand new oop omnis for $35 in my life

so basically all the lcs don't want to bring stock back because its like work? so are just down to deal
I got all DeFalco/Frenz Thunderstrike, some Groo and like 50 issues of Nexus for $25 a few years ago

Main Shelf

Attached: Meshelf.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

Aux Shelf

I post to give/get recs

Attached: Meshelf2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

That's what the word is. I mean some of these guys come from a bit aways i doubt they want to haul back everything after 3 days.

sweet shelf

Grading isn't worth while unless it's to preserve quite old books, but then again, a bag and a board in a temperature controlled room away from sunlight will do just as well.
If you want it for protection of your books I'd recommend Comicskin, its basically a reusable slab that you can label yourself

Attached: PSDdirecttest-450x450.png (450x450, 226K)

Well I ASSUME it's out of print since it's a 15 year old story, and while slightly popular not the highest reviewed. I could have been reprinted for all I know, but I don't care enough to look into it.

Jimmy Corrigan The Smartest Kid on Planet Earth cause I hate myself and want to die

No.

It feels weird hearing 1970s comics are considered old now, but I suppose they are, all things considered.

Still, the price is inflated thanks to an upcoming movie - it sells for about $30 now, unless you can convince idiots it's a 9.8 CGC worthy ish. You'd have to read the thing ten times before noticing any wear and tear though; it's survived fifty years in the hands of children and manchildren, I'm sure it can survive a reread or two until the price depreciates back down to the $10 it's worth.

Too lazy for shelves this morning, it here’s some floppies.
1/2

Attached: 77A15E14-1466-4DE9-BEB9-FB24386E1A09.jpg (3264x2448, 2.15M)

2/2
And that’s all my floppies, less Savage Dragon 1-125 and a box of mixed 90’s trash (including New Mutants 98).

Attached: F78C02CF-3957-4096-A77A-A9F03B14B1A9.jpg (3264x2448, 2.1M)

Now that I have money and time I am finally getting into collecting, only have relatively recent stuff right now but am looking into getting some classics.
On my list of gets:
The Saga of Swamp Thing (Alan Moore)
All-Star Superman
Batman R.I.P
Doom Patrol (Grant Morrison)
Batman Long Halloween
The Question (Dennis O'Neil)
The Hellblazer (Peter Milligan)

Any recommendations for Teen Titans writers and runs? Anything else will be appreciated as well.

Attached: shelf.jpg (2048x1417, 354K)

IS animal man vertigo?
I assumed it was DC since it had an issue of Invasion event and he was even a member of the JLI.
Man I need to reread it. Been too long.

Always heard Teen Titans Year One is good. Also heard mostly positive of Johns run TT. Haven't read either so can only go by hear-say.
I don't know much about TT beyond all runs I've read I've been absolutely indifferent to, but then again I started reading TT like a year before Flashpoint and all since then so not the best stuff.

I want to find a comic titled Bump and purchase it Just for the purpose to bump shelf threads.

go with booksetc /shelf/ said
they don't manhandle like amazon do they said

welp i got a HC from there and the dustcover is torn and the corners are bashed in, they said they sent me a replacement over a week ago and still nothing so i think i'll just stick to speedyhen

There is a comic called bump. It's a horror comic.

Read PAD's Young Justice and stop there. There are no good Teen Titans comics.

Johns' TT is godawful.

not today /shelf

I'm trying to preorder the Action Comics #1000 floppy somewhere, but it's not working out. Other than that I can't really afford a lot of comics at the moment because other expensive stuff keeps getting in the way.

This a very lethargic shelf thread. I wonder if it should just die.

Morrison Animal Man (like his Doom Patrol) was published under DC with the "Suggested for Mature Readers" tag on the top of it. When Vertigo became an imprint, seven of those titles moved to that imprint (Animal Man, Shade the Changing Man, Sandman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Kid Eternity).

Like Moore's Swamp Thing, subsequent reprints were placed under the Vertigo trade dress.

I dont have a lot to share right now, Im waiting for april to take a new batch of pictures I cleaned again but the contents are the same plus two books; on the other hand I can say that Dragon ball is "finished" yay. Yup nothing else beyond Cell, a great ending if a little sad.

Attached: IMG_20180305_134859.jpg (3200x1148, 1.09M)

20/10 pretty good user.